Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Dan Johnson

Dan Johnson

Post by Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Absolutely killing the ball in AAA.

I wonder just how brutal he waould be at 3B or LF. Or maybe put Dunn in LF and DH Johnson with the Tank moving to 3B
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Dan Johnson

Post by Cream1953 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 pm

You evidently have forgotten that The Tank plays like a tank at 3rd base.

Post by Guest on Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am

Cream1953 wrote:You evidently have forgotten that The Tank plays like a tank at 3rd base.

I remember being at a game in like 1983 when Marc Hill played an inning of 3B

Desperate times call for desperate measures. They were right about Morel being the new Crede, bad back and all
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Wed May 16, 2012 4:57 pm

What's Johnson's pedigree? I don't know a thing about him. Are we talking a career minor leaguer having his one solid year, like DeWayne Wise? Or is this guy a relatively recent draft pick?

Post by Guest on Wed May 16, 2012 5:50 pm

jfraser375 wrote:What's Johnson's pedigree? I don't know a thing about him. Are we talking a career minor leaguer having his one solid year, like DeWayne Wise? Or is this guy a relatively recent draft pick?

If he's lucky, the next Ross Gload
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed May 16, 2012 6:29 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    jfraser375 wrote:What's Johnson's pedigree? I don't know a thing about him. Are we talking a career minor leaguer having his one solid year, like DeWayne Wise? Or is this guy a relatively recent draft pick?

Wasn't Dan Johnson on Tampa last year? I thought he was the one who hit the walk-off homer to eliminate the Red Sox from the post season. Seems his bat coming off the bench would be more valuable to the Sox than Ohman's arm. For that matter, Johnson's arm is probably more valuable than Ohmans.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:You evidently have forgotten that The Tank plays like a tank at 3rd base.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. They were right about Morel being the new Crede, bad back and all
    No sense in putting square pegs into round holes to "save" the 2012 season. There's nothing desperate about it when you realize all of 2012 is nothing more than spring training 2013.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 pm

jaywit wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:

Wasn't Dan Johnson on Tampa last year? I thought he was the one who hit the walk-off homer to eliminate the Red Sox from the post season. Seems his bat coming off the bench would be more valuable to the Sox than Ohman's arm. For that matter, Johnson's arm is probably more valuable than Ohmans.

He is the one and the same. I saw him in spring training. He had a good spring too.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm

He's 32 years old and basically a career minor leaguer who also played in Japan. In 40 games with Tampa in 2010 he hit .198. In 31 games with Tampa in 2011 he hit .119!!!

THIS GUY WILL FIT LIKE A GLOVE WITH THE SOX!!!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed May 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Ryan Sweeney sure is hitting the Hell out of the ball, now isn't he, Kark?????
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed May 16, 2012 7:47 pm

sox55 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:

He is the one and the same. I saw him in spring training. He had a good spring too.

Where is THE COACH to make him the Tank Viciedo of 2012?
    BRING UP JOHNSON TO SAVE THE SEASON!!!!
    Wait, Kark is doing all the Coach's political and baseball analysis now.
    Move Tank to 3rd...Move Tank to 2nd....Bring up a 32 year old NEVER WAS!!!!

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:
    sox55 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:

Where is THE COACH to make him the Tank Viciedo of 2012?
    BRING UP JOHNSON TO SAVE THE SEASON!!!!
    Wait, Kark is doing all the Coach's political and baseball analysis now.
    Move Tank to 3rd...Move Tank to 2nd....Bring up a 32 year old NEVER WAS!!!!

I am wondering if Dan Johnson and Dallas McPherson were ever seen together. I think they are the same guy.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:31 pm

jaywit wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:

No sense in putting square pegs into round holes to "save" the 2012 season. There's nothing desperate about it when you realize all of 2012 is nothing more than spring training 2013.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 2 WEEKS MAKES!!!!!

DAN JOHNSON STILL CRUSHES THE BALL IN CHARLOTTE WHILE FUKADOME HITS 171

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:07 pm