Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Post by Harry Caray on Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 pm

I was there today. I have been in Old Comiskey with 1,000 people in the stands. This crowd was one of the quietest I have ever been a part of and with damned good reason. After "Thunderstruck" there was the hand for Humber and a lot of nothing. I was in the Upper Deck...moved to the sun down the left field line...In the 7th Inning the most noise I heard was from the brothers beating on the plastic buckets outside the Morgue-Stadium.
    JUST BRUTAL BASEBALL TO WITNESS.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Post by Cream1953 on Sun May 13, 2012 5:30 pm

The White Sox are unbeatable at home!!!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun May 13, 2012 5:40 pm

In 50 years I have seen a lot of crappy assed Sox teams....Teams that would KILL for a couple of baserunners....The last few seasons we get this total shit...Sox teams that strand every fucking baserunner every fucking way possible.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sun May 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:In 50 years I have seen a lot of crappy assed Sox teams....Teams that would KILL for a couple of baserunners....The last few seasons we get this total shit...Sox teams that strand every fucking baserunner every fucking way possible.

Glad I missed today's game , yesterday's was BRUTAL enough----reminicent of 2011....UGH!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

John, we remember the days in Comiskey Park where one could enjoy a Falstaff or 10 with 900 of our new drinking buddies....those "crowds" were not in a comatose state like this one today was.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 pm

When Kenny Ventura took Humber out of the game and brought in Gas Can Thornton, my father said, "here's the game."
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm

alohafri wrote:When Kenny Ventura took Humber out of the game and brought in Gas Can Thornton, my father said, "here's the game."
    I'll steal Fraser's thunder.....the Sox offense BLOWS again!!! The object of the game is to SCORE baserunners, not strand them.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

I thought precisely the same thing. Good thing the White Sox aren't predictable at all. Rolling Eyes And for Christ's sake leave Humber in to finish out the inning come hell or high water...the kid earned that right! Heaven forbid he throw a few more pitches.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Addison Reed got his ass kicked today.

I know it's insane, but I kinda like this year's Sox team. I'm willing to let things play out for a few more weeks before I get all gloomy and depressed.

Post by Guest on Sun May 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:John, we remember the days in Comiskey Park where one could enjoy a Falstaff or 10 with 900 of our new drinking buddies....those "crowds" were not in a comatose state like this one today was.

You were connected to the players ..they were making salaries that you invisioned yourself making once school was done. They were our peers. Now, they are in a stratosphere nobody can reach and they aren't one of us anymore. They are EXPECTED to entertain and to WIN b/c they are getting paid so damn much..no excuses, no room for failure. Back then, it wasn't like that.

Post by Guest on Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I know it's insane, but I kinda like this year's Sox team. I'm willing to let things play out for a few more weeks before I get all gloomy and depressed.

The only way this team is any good is if Beckham, and Morel become decent major league players - Ramirez gets back to normal, and Rios doesn't lose interest - otherwise, gonna be a hell of a lot of 1960s games of 3-1.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Mon May 14, 2012 6:27 am

Chi-kid wrote:I know it's insane, but I kinda like this year's Sox team. I'm willing to let things play out for a few more weeks before I get all gloomy and depressed.

The only way this team is any good is if Beckham, and Morel become decent major league players - Ramirez gets back to normal, and Rios doesn't lose interest - otherwise, gonna be a hell of a lot of 1960s games of 3-1.

The reason I want to wait a few weeks before throwing in the towel is to see what we have in Beckham and Morel. Ramirez starts this way every season.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon May 14, 2012 6:48 am

The reason I want to wait a few weeks before throwing in the towel is to see what we have in Beckham and Morel

**********************************************************************************

I thought we got a pretty good idea of their routine after watching an entire year's worth of them last year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 am