Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Aaron Poreda

    Share

    RJL5917
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

    Posts : 15
    Join date : 2009-04-07

    Aaron Poreda

    Post by RJL5917 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm

    Great outing tonight:

    7 innings
    4 hits
    0 runs
    1 walk
    11 strikeouts

    His ERA is 1.69
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2773
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Aaron Poreda

    Post by rmapasad on Fri May 08, 2009 12:17 am

    RJL5917 wrote:Great outing tonight:

    7 innings
    4 hits
    0 runs
    1 walk
    11 strikeouts

    His ERA is 1.69

    Wow - that is spectacular, particularly the strikeouts v. walks. He looks like a man among boys now in AA. Nothing left for him to prove anymore at this level. Shouldn't the Sox move him up to AAA as soon as possible ?

    frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2009-04-05

    Re: Aaron Poreda

    Post by frank bonifacic on Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 am

    rmapasad wrote:
    RJL5917 wrote:Great outing tonight:

    7 innings
    4 hits
    0 runs
    1 walk
    11 strikeouts

    His ERA is 1.69

    Wow - that is spectacular, particularly the strikeouts v. walks. He looks like a man among boys now in AA. Nothing left for him to prove anymore at this level. Shouldn't the Sox move him up to AAA as soon as possible ?

    Interesting interview on Mike Murphy (usually he drives me nuts) yesterday. Was driving and he was interviewing I believe manager in Birmingham. '
    Said all Sox minor stars of the future, Beckham, Poreda,Viciedo & Flowers are all real solid kids. Also said they all will be in majors-sooner rather than later.

    Interesting point- out of Beckham, Viciedo & Flowers said Flowers is closest to major league ready as far as hitting is concerned. Said that even at his large size he has a quick SHORT swing. Tries to hit line drives and when they go out they go out.
    Also said that he is at catcher not first or dh. Said quite quick for a big guy and calls a great game. Said AJ will be a good mentor because AJ is also a big guy.

    FB
    avatar
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1688
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 69
    Location : Springfield

    Re: Aaron Poreda

    Post by Nomads44 on Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 am

    frank bonifacic wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    RJL5917 wrote:Great outing tonight:

    7 innings
    4 hits
    0 runs
    1 walk
    11 strikeouts

    His ERA is 1.69

    Wow - that is spectacular, particularly the strikeouts v. walks. He looks like a man among boys now in AA. Nothing left for him to prove anymore at this level. Shouldn't the Sox move him up to AAA as soon as possible ?

    Interesting interview on Mike Murphy (usually he drives me nuts) yesterday. Was driving and he was interviewing I believe manager in Birmingham. '
    Said all Sox minor stars of the future, Beckham, Poreda,Viciedo & Flowers are all real solid kids. Also said they all will be in majors-sooner rather than later.

    Interesting point- out of Beckham, Viciedo & Flowers said Flowers is closest to major league ready as far as hitting is concerned. Said that even at his large size he has a quick SHORT swing. Tries to hit line drives and when they go out they go out.
    Also said that he is at catcher not first or dh. Said quite quick for a big guy and calls a great game. Said AJ will be a good mentor because AJ is also a big guy.

    FB

    Good report, Frank, thanks.... I heard that reports was coming on in a few minutes, but sometimes their few minutes means a 15 minutes wait, so I had to miss it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Aaron Poreda

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm