Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Putting the band back together!

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Putting the band back together!

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:01 pm

The Tribune is reporting that the Sox have just signed Kip Wells to a minor league contract. They are still waiting to confirm reports that Claudell Washington has been inked to a deal which will have him replacing Alex Rios.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Putting the band back together!

Post by Harry Caray on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

GREAT MOVE!!!!

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm

alohafri wrote:The Tribune is reporting that the Sox have just signed Kip Wells to a minor league contract. They are still waiting to confirm reports that Claudell Washington has been inked to a deal which will have him replacing Alex Rios.

Has Claudell recovered from his 'soft tissue" injury?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:55 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    alohafri wrote:The Tribune is reporting that the Sox have just signed Kip Wells to a minor league contract. They are still waiting to confirm reports that Claudell Washington has been inked to a deal which will have him replacing Alex Rios.

You mean when he got hit in the head?

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am

alohafri wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

No...there was a game when Claudell was in right field and made a diving catch , landing on his stomach and chest and then had to leave the game. The official reason was he suffered a "soft tissue injury"...i.e nutsack...Harry Caray had a ball with that one. (so to speak) .

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:19 am

Greatest banner I ever saw at Comiskey, when Claudell would come up the banner was raised. "Washington slept here".

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:26 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

No...there was a game when Claudell was in right field and made a diving catch , landing on his stomach and chest and then had to leave the game. The official reason was he suffered a "soft tissue injury"...i.e nutsack...Harry Caray had a ball with that one. (so to speak) .

I always felt that a "soft tissue issue" as far as baseball was concerned is the annual summer shortage of Kleenez on the northside of Chicago due to idiots whining incessantly over their "lovable losers".

- Mart
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

I always felt that a "soft tissue issue" as far as baseball was concerned is the annual summer shortage of Kleenez on the northside of Chicago due to idiots whining incessantly over their "lovable losers".

- Mart
    You don't get it....by the 3rd Inning they don't care. There is beer to drink and women to chat up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:45 am