Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Machado the Yankees ?

rmapasad
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Machado the Yankees ? Empty Machado the Yankees ?

Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:17 pm

After careful consideration, Manny Machado is reportedly going to sign with the Yankees.

According to Dan Clark, Machado received final offers from the Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies and
    Chicago White Sox recently.As expected, the official announcement isn’t slated until early January,
    but the All-Star shortstop is reportedly going to  sign with New York.>

If this report holds true, it comes as no big surprise as Machado was
    likely to sign with a team that's already made the playoffs recently
    than a wannabe. U[size=16]nless the wannabe team makes him a crazy [size=16]dollar[/size][/size]
    [size=16][size=16][size=16]offer. Which the Phillies (whose GM was quoted as saying they might[/size][/size][/size]
    "spend stupidly" this offseason) might still do to stave off the Yankees.
    Which the White Sox probably won't do.

Not because the Sox are smart spenders, just that the words "White Sox"
    and "outbid all the other teams for this top free agent" haven't appeared 
    together in any sentence in the past 20 years. Isn't the $ 65 million deal with 
    Abreu the biggest contract the Sox have ever inked ?   That's roughly
    1/4 to 1/5 of what Machado will likely sign for. 

Machado the Yankees ? Empty Re: Machado the Yankees ?

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I am absolutely stunned!!

I thought Jerry Reinsdorf had changed his stripes!

ROTFLMFAO!!

The Sox are such a fucking joke of a franchise!!

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Now he can chase pussy without his brother in law around!!
    rmapasad
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Now he can chase pussy without his brother in law around!!

Reportedly Manny has an ideal marriage with Yonder Alonso's sister who is three years older than Manny.  But will it always stay that way, especially when the husband is suddenly going to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars ? If the marriage becomes less than ideal at some point how great is it to have the brother of Manny's wife in the same locker room with Manny on a daily basis ?  
    Son of Ron
    Son of Ron
    Old Roman Pizza

Post by Son of Ron on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Don't give up hope White Sox faithful

I am certain Yonder will be all in Manny's ear talking sense to him as the guzzle champagne counting in the new year.

BTW, the KARK preferred Bryce Harper anyway.  And just what do the Dodgers have to offer that OUR White Sox don't have
    alohafri
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Son of Ron wrote:

BTW, the KARK preferred Bryce Harper anyway.  And just what do the Dodgers have to offer that OUR White Sox don't have

Real money.
    Son of Ron
    Son of Ron
    Old Roman Pizza

Post by Son of Ron on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:25 am

alohafri wrote:
    Son of Ron wrote:

Real money.

and here I thought you'd say "winning organization"

BTW, Reinsdorf has plenty of real money.  And its held in a very secure place that is extremely tough to get at.

geek
    Son of Ron
    Son of Ron
    Old Roman Pizza

Post by Son of Ron on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:40 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Jack Brickhouse wrote:Now he can chase pussy without his brother in law around!!

Reportedly Manny has an ideal marriage with Yonder Alonso's sister who is three years older than Manny.  But will it always stay that way, especially when the husband is suddenly going to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars ? If the marriage becomes less than ideal at some point how great is it to have the brother of Manny's wife in the same locker room with Manny on a daily basis ?  

THIS IS COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC.  But I don't think you can compare the marriages between everyday normal people and million celebrities.  Since the dawn of civilization, the purpose of a marriage was to find a life partner, have children, and together with teamwork, build a better life for the entire family unit.  That is why one of the surest ways to build wealth is to pass it down from generation to generation.

But when one becomes stupid rich, incentive disappears and hedonistic temptations become easy to indulge.  KARK the CPA could piece together $20K and fly off to Vegas for a coke and hooker bingefest.  But I don't because I could only do it once and that money is earmarked for more important things and I could never replace the money fast enough, plus who watches the kids, so missing Daddy is as obvious as missing money....

But KARK the millioniare ball player...  $20K is like $20 bucks.  Plus being a celebrity, I'd probably have plenty of pussy thrown at me for free.  Just remind me to avoid Alsip, IL

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:05 am

TREMENDOUS!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:07 pm