Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Angels at Camelback Ranch

sox55
    Roof Shot

Angels at Camelback Ranch

Post by sox55 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Well,it wasn't pretty but it was a nice game to be at. 85 and SUNNY and a victory coming back from a 7-2 deficit.

The good:
    The Great Falls A team (short season A ball) was honored before the game as 2011 Champions of The Pioneer League and were announced individually and met by Buddy Bell at home plate.

Adam Dunn on base 3 times with 2 walks and a rocket HR over the Sox bullpen in RF. His only out was a soft line drive out that was hit behind 2b and caught by the SS. That out was against a LH pitcher and the HR was off of the Angels closer in 2011.

Eduardo Escobar had a bunt hit and also drove in the winning runs with a single up the middle in the 8th going 2-4 and played a flawless 3B.

Tyler Flowers hit a long HR to CF. He also threw out a runner with Sale pitching that was either a curve or a changeup which tells me that Sale held the runner better than most Sox pitchers of recent years.

Nestor Molina pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th to save his own win striking out 2 batters in the process. Very Happy

The Indifferent:
    Chris Sale pitched 4 1/3in,giving up 5 runs of which only 3 should have scored. 3 on a BOMB to LF by Pujols in the 3rd.

The BAD:
    Alexi Ramirez screwing up a rundown in the 3rd. He ran towards the runner at 1b but threw too soon that and allowed the runner to go to 2nd and a bad tag by Tyler Saladino who was out of postion for the throw from Konerko.

Back to back HR's given up by Anthony Carter in relief of Sale in the 5th.

More Angel fans than Sox fans at The Ranch. 6400 announced with at least 2500 coming as empty seats.

Brewers day game and Mariners night game tomorrow and back with the Sox at Talking Stick on Friday.

John

Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Re: Angels at Camelback Ranch

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Giving up Homers in Spring Training is irrelevant.
    Stupid Defense isn't.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 pm

sox55 wrote:Adam Dunn on base 3 times with 2 walks and a rocket HR over the Sox bullpen in RF. His only out was a soft line drive out that was hit behind 2b and caught by the SS. That out was against a LH pitcher and the HR was off of the Angels closer in 2011.
    John[/b][/size]

Is it me or is Dunn K'ing less this spring? I don't care how a guy makes his outs, but in Dunn's case, if he could just make the occasional contact, he might accidentally hit a flyball far enough that it's not catchable.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:46 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:Adam Dunn on base 3 times with 2 walks and a rocket HR over the Sox bullpen in RF. His only out was a soft line drive out that was hit behind 2b and caught by the SS. That out was against a LH pitcher and the HR was off of the Angels closer in 2011.
    John[/b][/size]

Is it me or is Dunn K'ing less this spring? I don't care how a guy makes his outs, but in Dunn's case, if he could just make the occasional contact, he might accidentally hit a flyball far enough that it's not catchable.

He has only 2 K's so far. He is making contact even against LH pitchers and Robin is playing him a lot.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 am

sox55 wrote:Is it me or is Dunn K'ing less this spring? I don't care how a guy makes his outs, but in Dunn's case, if he could just make the occasional contact, he might accidentally hit a flyball far enough that it's not catchable.

He has only 2 K's so far. He is making contact even against LH pitchers and Robin is playing him a lot.[/quote]

I just read in the paper that he only has one K. Either way, one or two ain't very much.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:Is it me or is Dunn K'ing less this spring? I don't care how a guy makes his outs, but in Dunn's case, if he could just make the occasional contact, he might accidentally hit a flyball far enough that it's not catchable.

He has only 2 K's so far. He is making contact even against LH pitchers and Robin is playing him a lot.

I just read in the paper that he only has one K. Either way, one or two ain't very much.[/quote]

I saw that too.
    Joe Cowley is an idiot.
    He must have checked the online stats instead of watching the games.
    Maybe the sportswriters should be paying attention instead of buddying up to these guys like he did with Ozzie.
    I saw Dunn strike out twice at the games I have been to, once at Tempe and once at The Ranch.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 am

I just read in the paper that he only has one K. Either way, one or two ain't very much

BELIEVE !
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Maybe the "2" comment was the most in any one game so far. And that is even improvement considering all the mexican hats he collected last year.
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:Giving up Homers in Spring Training is irrelevant.
    Stupid Defense isn't.

Amen brother !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 am