Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

A familiar name

Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Re: A familiar name

Post by Son of Ron on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Now I know the inspiration for the Styx classic TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:38 am

Reinsdorf operates the team like Dollar General.
    I am far beyond the point of worrying about service time.
    Boras is Rodon's agent.  Rodon will test the market if he can ever stay healthy.
    Boras is my hero!!  Fuck these owners.  Get what you can.  If Fanboys are heartbroken if players leave, maybe they need to find something real to worry about.
    The other alternative is to stand in line for a bobblehead with the rest of the losers that now comprise a huge  of the Sox fanbase.
    Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 am

Rodon, as well as Tim Anderson, will be come when OUR White Sox realize they need to rebuild the rebuild.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Reinsdorf operates the team like Dollar General.
    I am far beyond the point of worrying about service time.
    Boras is Rodon's agent.  Rodon will test the market if he can ever stay healthy.
    Boras is my hero!!  Fuck these owners.  Get what you can.  If Fanboys are heartbroken if players leave, maybe they need to find something real to worry about.
    The other alternative is to stand in line for a bobblehead with the rest of the losers that now comprise a huge  of the Sox fanbase.

No question that the Cubs stepped up and got Jon Lester in 2015 which helped put them over the top and the Astros took on Verlander's $ 28 Mill per year in 2017, Red Sox got David Price at $ 30 M per year.  So if the Sox are sitting on the doorstep in 2020-2021 and they need one big, expensive guy to get over the hump would Reinsdorf refuse ?   Chances are he would but then again as starved as this franchise has been, you never know.  He's got an ego and may be tired of constantly sucking hind tit.    
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Nobody knows what his partnership agreement is with his investors.  I would assume long term $300m contracts are out of the question because they diminish the value of the club.  Long term debt that the next owner will have deducted from the sale price.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Nobody knows what his partnership agreement is with his investors.  I would assume long term $300m contracts are out of the question because they diminish the value of the club.  Long term debt that the next owner will have deducted from the sale price.

I agree that Reinsdorf is very unlikely to sign a  $ 300 M + free agent from Day 1.  I was thinking he might take on the last 2-3 years of a big contract with $ 70 million or so left like when the Astros traded for Verlander. 

A team's value increases if they become a winner. Astros value jumped over $ 1 billion since they were purchased 7 years ago. Sox are supposed to be worth $ 1.5 billion but the crosstown Cubs are at $ 2.9 billion.  Maybe Reinsdorf and partners finally realize they add a lot more to franchise value by fielding good teams than by keeping costs under control. 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm

rmapasad wrote:According to Mark Feinsand of MLB.com, the White Sox are "actively trying" to trade Avisail Garcia.  The sense is that the White Sox could non-tender Garcia if they are unable to find a deal. The 27-year-old struggled through knee and hamstring injuries this past season while batting just .236/.281/.438 with 19 homers over 93 games. He underwent arthroscopic surgery on the knee last month. Garcia received a $6.7 million salary in 2018 and will get a raise in arbitration this winter, so interest could be limited.   >>

Thank God the Sox weren't foolish enough to fall for his accidental good year in 2017 and ink him to some
    ridiculous 5-6 year extension.  Doesn't even look like a good bet to bring him back at $ 7 mil for next year.  Clearly Jiminez is ready to take over RF anytime and 
    Palko could play that spot for the 6 weeks or so the Sox need to keep Jiminez in AAA next year to stall his free agent clock.  
    Garcia's only plus last year was HR power but that was cancelled out by regressions in BA, plate discipline, defense and health.  It's not like it will
    only cost the Sox $ 3 mil to give him one more fling like two years ago.  
    Non-tendering seems to finally make sense now.

You won't have Avi to kick around anymore. Put him in the "bust" category.
    Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Son of Ron on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 pm

OUR White Sox can still bring him back on a minor league.  6er is Shandy says he will be unsigned when spring training starts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 am