Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

What to do next week

Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

What to do next week

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:21 pm

No way in hell I'm voting for JB the Hut

but Rauner?!?!?!?!?

That would be like Christine Blassely Ford handing Bret Kavanaugh her number and telling him to call her

I would write in Sean from Elmwood Park, but I'm afraid that would get my ballot disqualified and I need my vote for Randy Hultgren to count.

So I guess its Kash "Don't call me "Winderweedle" Jackson

PS, Kevin was so 100% correct about Rauner 4 years ago
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: What to do next week

Post by alohafri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm leaving the governor's spot blank. I can't vote for either of these buffoons. One has Blago stink all over him and the other is allowing my neighborhood to be poisoned so he can earn more money on his investment (not to mention his attacks on teachers' unions).
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

A few years back, I forget the office, buy I left it blank.  The election official informed me my ballot was incomplete.  I informed her I couldn't vote for either of the two crooks.

Must have been Kirk v Duckworth, but I wouldn't bet a 6er of Shandy on it
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:13 pm

It's gotta be weird to see conservatives in their campaign ads promising that they are going to protect our preexisting conditions coverage protections when they are at the same time taking active actions to overturn the ACA and are involved in suing the ACA so that insurance companies no longer have to afford coverage to folks with those conditions.  I have a feeling that most people, aside from the MAGA cap wearing dunces, know better.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 am

Fat Ass Pritzker is yet another example of how low Illinois politics can sink.
    FUCK HIM.
    Some billionaire creep who needs to buy a title.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:05 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Fat Ass Pritzker is yet another example of how low Illinois politics can sink.
    FUCK HIM.

I know very little about him or why I should like or dislike him.  Seems like the Dem version of Rauner.  A rich dude buying a title.
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:56 am

Soxillinirob wrote:It's gotta be weird to see conservatives in their campaign ads promising that they are going to protect our preexisting conditions coverage protections when they are at the same time taking active actions to overturn the ACA and are involved in suing the ACA so that insurance companies no longer have to afford coverage to folks with those conditions.  I have a feeling that most people, aside from the MAGA cap wearing dunces, know better.

ONCE AGAIN YOU SHOW COMPLETE MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE ISSUE

NOT TO MENTION HOW YOU COMPLETELY MISREPRESENT THE FACTS

ACA IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT THOSE WITH PREEXISTING CONDITIONS

HOWEVER ACA DID COST MANY THEIR PLANS, THEIR DOCTORS AND SEVERAL THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS A YEAR.  ALL CONTRARY TO THE PROMISES OF OBAMA.  IN FACT, WAS OBAMA NAMED AS MAKING THE LIE OF THE YEAR WITH THESE STATEMENTS?  NO WONDER HE IS YOUR HERO
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Jack Brickhouse wrote:Fat Ass Pritzker is yet another example of how low Illinois politics can sink.
    FUCK HIM.

I know very little about him or why I should like or dislike him.  Seems like the Dem version of Rauner.  A rich dude buying a title.

YOU WOULD LOVE PRITZKER

HE IS ALL FOR A PROGRESSIVE INCOME TAX IN ILLINOIS

MORE IMPORTANTLY, HE WANTS TO LEGALIZE POT

HE IS ALSO A DOUBLE TALKING HYPOCRIT

THE 3 OF YOU WOULD GET ALONG GREAT
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:34 am

Son of Ron wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    FUCK HIM.

YOU WOULD LOVE PRITZKER

HE IS ALL FOR A PROGRESSIVE INCOME TAX IN ILLINOIS

MORE IMPORTANTLY, HE WANTS TO LEGALIZE POT

HE IS ALSO A DOUBLE TALKING HYPOCRIT

THE 3 OF YOU WOULD GET ALONG GREAT

Not really crazy about a progressive tax in Illinois.  We already have that nationally, and piling a prog tax on top of the federal rates strikes me as heavy handed.  

Pot will be legalized soon enough.  Don't need Pritzker to do that.  

If he's a double talking anything, I'll have to take your word for it, as I don't really know.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 am

Son of Ron wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:It's gotta be weird to see conservatives in their campaign ads promising that they are going to protect our preexisting conditions coverage protections when they are at the same time taking active actions to overturn the ACA and are involved in suing the ACA so that insurance companies no longer have to afford coverage to folks with those conditions.  I have a feeling that most people, aside from the MAGA cap wearing dunces, know better.

HOWEVER ACA DID COST MANY THEIR PLANS, THEIR DOCTORS AND SEVERAL THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS A YEAR.  ALL CONTRARY TO THE PROMISES OF OBAMA.  IN FACT, WAS OBAMA NAMED AS MAKING THE LIE OF THE YEAR WITH THESE STATEMENTS?  NO WONDER HE IS YOUR HERO

Obama stated that you'll be able to keep your doctors and your plans, because that's how they wrote the law.  They wrote the law such that they set a minimum standard for what would constitute "a healthcare insurance policy" but they created a grandfather clause that would allow older policies to remain in force so that if someone had a policy they liked, they wouldn't have to lose it and insurance companies wouldn't have to change them to comply with the law.  What Obama's policy folks didn't foresee is that insurance companies, although allowed to keep old and nonconforming policies in force, would cancel those policies and force people to buy more expensive policies under the new guidelines.  So I guess you can call it a lie if you want.  Others have.  But the intent of the law was exactly as it was being explained, which is that nonconforming policies previously in effect could remain intact and not be changed.  Easily, by my estimation, the biggest and dumbest miscalculation of the Obama time in office.  They didn't foresee that insurance companies would actually seek higher profits and cancel those old ones.  

If you're making the case that the GOP is trying to protect coverage for those with PreX conditions, I'd love to hear exactly how they're doing that.  They have no program in place.  they have no current effort to write this into law.  No proposal that will protect it.  In fact, the GOP is suing the ACA to pull out the required protections for pre existing condition sufferers, so that my cousin with diabetes will have to go back to paying much more for coverage or having their condition excluded, or so that my coworker with Colitis has to go back to paying much more for her coverage.

Whether you believe me or not, I have a very full understanding of the issue.

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 am

Pot will be legalized soon enough.

THANK THE PROGRESSIVES FOR THE HEMP ACT OF 1937 THAT MADE IT ILLEGAL NATIONALLY

WHERE ARE YOU HERO'S DEMANDING THE REPEAL OF THIS ACT?!?!?!?

I GUESS SCREAMING PEACH FO FI IS EASIER THAN ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING

EXACTLY WHY THE MAJORITY OF US CITIZENS VOTED FOR TRUMP AS PRESIDENT
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:49 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Son of Ron wrote:

Obama stated that you'll be able to keep your doctors and your plans, because that's how they wrote the law.  They wrote the law such that they set a minimum standard for what would constitute "a healthcare insurance policy" but they created a grandfather clause that would allow older policies to remain in force so that if someone had a policy they liked, they wouldn't have to lose it and insurance companies wouldn't have to change them to comply with the law.  What Obama's policy folks didn't foresee is that insurance companies, although allowed to keep old and nonconforming policies in force, would cancel those policies and force people to buy more expensive policies under the new guidelines.  So I guess you can call it a lie if you want.  Others have.  But the intent of the law was exactly as it was being explained, which is that nonconforming policies previously in effect could remain intact and not be changed.  Easily, by my estimation, the biggest and dumbest miscalculation of the Obama time in office.  They didn't foresee that insurance companies would actually seek higher profits and cancel those old ones.  

If you're making the case that the GOP is trying to protect coverage for those with PreX conditions, I'd love to hear exactly how they're doing that.  They have no program in place.  they have no current effort to write this into law.  No proposal that will protect it.  In fact, the GOP is suing the ACA to pull out the required protections for pre existing condition sufferers, so that my cousin with diabetes will have to go back to paying much more for coverage or having their condition excluded, or so that my coworker with Colitis has to go back to paying much more for her coverage.

Whether you believe me or not, I have a very full understanding of the issue.

LMAO!!!!!

Rachel Maddow sure knows how to rewrite history

and boo fucking who about your cousin

what about the millions and millions and millions of others that saw their costs explode because this law turned out to be as fucked up has its critics predicted.

Its the damn unions and damn politicians and damn progressive that fucked everything up .  Starting in 1943. 

LET THE FREE MARKETS WORK!!!!!

THAT IS WHY FOOD AND GAS ARE SO CHEAP!!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Let free markets work. Let sick people die. How very thoughtful.

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Son of Ron wrote:

and boo fucking who about your cousin

what about the millions and millions and millions of others that saw their costs explode because this law turned out to be as fucked up has its critics predicted.

Really, so just fuck off to my cousin and her diabetes?  Too bad if you have a pre existing condition?  I'll bet your thoughts in that realm would change in a hurry if one of your kids came down with some kind of terrible and costly condition that meant you'd probably have to go bankrupt in the process of trying to save him/her.  Perspective is a thing! 

If the law didn't work as predicted, it can certainly be tweaked.  Hard to be sure how it could have worked with half of the states being unwilling to participate out of spite, while they watch their people sit there uninsured while a Medicaid program for them goes untapped.  

One thing's for certain, the GOP, who has all of the political power at this time, is putting zilch on the table in terms of trying to make a better America.  No healthcare coverage ideas.  No nothing.  

This election is determined optimism versus fear and hate.  Fear and hate worked in 2016.  Maybe it'll work again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:10 pm