Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

SIGN IT!!!

Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

SIGN IT!!!

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:50 am

today Trump announced he plans to sign an executive order ending birth right citizenship.  Which I am all in favor of.  Here is a copy of what I wrote on Townhall in response to some lefty claiming to be an expert:

Well I to am a constitutionalist and when I read the portion "AND SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION THEREOF"; I don't get the impression that it implies to tourists, visitors, trespassers, stow-aways, or any body else here temporarily or illegally.
    Also, there is no "may have been written". A real constitutionalist would know it was specifically written for former slaves since Democrats where writing laws to deny former slaves citizenship.
    So can the President re-write an amendment to the Constitution? For one, Trump is not rewriting it. He is implying a common sense interepetation of the amendment. Two, while the President can't, SCOTUS can. So if this executive order get to the Supremes, which it probably will, then hopefully five originalist will understand that the 14th amendment was written with the intent to protect the citizenship of former slaves. And not to provide for those WHO ARE NOT subject to our jurisdicition a finish line to cross in order to have their baby.
    PLEASE SIGN THIS ORDER PRESIDENT TRUMP
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: SIGN IT!!!

Post by alohafri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:47 am

An EO won't work. It's not permanent. It can, and likely will, be turned over by a future President. You want something like this to stick? A Constitutional amendment is the only way.
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:31 am

alohafri wrote:An EO won't work. It's not permanent. It can, and likely will, be turned over by a future President. You want something like this to stick? A Constitutional amendment is the only way.

OR A SUPREME COURT VERDICT
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:05 am

I'm interested in knowing how ending birthright citizenship is going to help me, or help my kids, or in knowing how it's hurting me, or hurting my kids.  Since I don't hold any animus toward immigrants, refugees and anchor babies, it's hard for me to really get worked up about it.  I suppose one party is worried that these kids will grow up and vote against them or something, or they know that taking a hard stand against these folks will rile up their base.  Fox News just told me they are probably carrying tuberculosis, smallpox and leprosy in the caravan coming from Honduras.  By the time that group arrives, it's going to be pretty decimated.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:45 am

Son of Ron wrote:
    alohafri wrote:An EO won't work. It's not permanent. It can, and likely will, be turned over by a future President. You want something like this to stick? A Constitutional amendment is the only way.

OR A SUPREME COURT VERDICT

Even Supreme Court verdicts can be overturned...Plessy V. Ferguson for example.
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Wasn’t it 60 years to reverse Plessy v Ferguson?

But I do agree an Amendment is best

Maybe a new Bill of Rights.  We can clarify 1,2, and 14.  Repeal 16 and 17.  Then reverse Roe, Obamacare, and gay marriage.  Then we will truly be Great Again
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I'm interested in knowing how ending birthright citizenship is going to help me, or help my kids, or in knowing how it's hurting me, or hurting my kids.  Since I don't hold any animus toward immigrants, refugees and anchor babies, it's hard for me to really get worked up about it.  I suppose one party is worried that these kids will grow up and vote against them or something, or they know that taking a hard stand against these folks will rile up their base.  Fox News just told me they are probably carrying tuberculosis, smallpox and leprosy in the caravan coming from Honduras.  By the time that group arrives, it's going to be pretty decimated.

It probably won't effect you at all Rob.  You clearly are above the fray.  So go ahead and keeping thinking this is nothing but a childish joke.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Son of Ron wrote:Wasn’t it 60 years to reverse Plessy v Ferguson?

Maybe a new Bill of Rights.  We can clarify 1,2, and 14.  Repeal 16 and 17.  Then reverse Roe, Obamacare, and gay marriage.  Then we will truly be Great Again

There won't be a "new Bill of Rights". Sixteen and Seventeen aren't going anywhere. Roe, Obamacare, and gay marriage are not amendments and won't be dealt with by Constitutional amendments. The only time we modified the Constitution for a "social" issue was with the Eighteenth. The Eighteenth was gone fourteen years later with the addition of the Twenty-first.
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:06 pm

alohafri wrote:

There won't be a "new Bill of Rights". Sixteen and Seventeen aren't going anywhere. Roe, Obamacare, and gay marriage are not amendments and won't be dealt with by Constitutional amendments. The only time we modified the Constitution for a "social" issue was with the Eighteenth. The Eighteenth was gone fourteen years later with the addition of the Twenty-first.

A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE

PS, MARK LEVIN DISAGREES WITH YOU  tongue
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Son of Ron wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:I'm interested in knowing how ending birthright citizenship is going to help me, or help my kids, or in knowing how it's hurting me, or hurting my kids.  Since I don't hold any animus toward immigrants, refugees and anchor babies, it's hard for me to really get worked up about it.  I suppose one party is worried that these kids will grow up and vote against them or something, or they know that taking a hard stand against these folks will rile up their base.  Fox News just told me they are probably carrying tuberculosis, smallpox and leprosy in the caravan coming from Honduras.  By the time that group arrives, it's going to be pretty decimated.

It probably won't effect you at all Rob.  You clearly are above the fray.  So go ahead and keeping thinking this is nothing but a childish joke.

I am definitely above THIS fray.  My leprosy vaccine is up to date, as is my smallpox.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Son of Ron wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE

Mark Levin is an entertainer and will say or do anything he thinks will garner him ratings. I'm agreeing with Paul Ryan on this. Trump can try an executive order, but I don't think it is legal, nor would it stand up to a legal challenge. This is a pretty obvious attempt to rile up support from his base. He would be overriding a Constitutional amendment, putting himself above the Constitution. Now, I'm pretty sure that conservatives consider themselves "constitutionalists". This kinda goes against that.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:24 am

Gotta say, it's amusing to see Kark still stewing over marriage equality. What, five yrs or so since it was legalized? It just further emphasizes the priorities of old, white, angry conservatives when you sit and whine over a right gained by a group that causes you no harm at all, and yet you must find a way to take this away from them. What a sad, angry, lonely life you must lead. Keep up the fight, Kark! Stop them gays from ruining our lives! Do not allow them to dignify their lives! Make sure that they suffer until the bitter end!
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:23 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Gotta say, it's amusing to see Kark still stewing over marriage equality.  What, five yrs or so since it was legalized?  It just further emphasizes the priorities of old, white, angry conservatives when you sit and whine over a right gained by a group that causes you no harm at all, and yet you must find a way to take this away from them. What a sad, angry, lonely life you must lead.  Keep up the fight, Kark!  Stop them gays from ruining our lives!  Do not allow them to dignify their lives!  Make sure that they suffer until the bitter end!

FATHERHOOD MATTERS!
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am

alohafri wrote:
    Son of Ron wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE

Mark Levin is an entertainer and will say or do anything he thinks will garner him ratings.

I believe he also has a legal degree and worked in the Reagan administration.  I doubt its all an act

I'm agreeing with Paul Ryan on this. Trump can try an executive order, but I don't think it is legal, nor would it stand up to a legal challenge.

You miss the whole point.  The whole point of the executive order is to get it before the courts

This is a pretty obvious attempt to rile up support from his base.

Wrong again.  The whole point to to protect our borders.  

He would be overriding a Constitutional amendment, putting himself above the Constitution. Now, I'm pretty sure that conservatives consider themselves "constitutionalists". This kinda goes against that.

Wrong again.  Trump is not overriding the Constitution.  He is actually following the letter of the 14th amendment.  

Maybe you should try letting go of your ego and stop assuming that you are so much smarter than Trump and his supporters and take a look at what is actually happening.

Let me summarize it for you:
    1)  Born right citizenship to any child regardless of the status of that child's parent is not in the best interest of our Nation.
    2)  Congress can't or won't act to clarify the phrase "SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION THEREOF"
    3)  Trump knows damn well his executive order will not only be challenged, but most likely restrained about 2 seconds after he signs it.
    4)  The Trump administration will then appeal the verdict all the way up to the Supreme Court.

Now its anybody's guess how SCOTUS will rule, assuming it even decides to take the case.  However, any intellectual honest person understands Trump and his supporters position regarding birth right citizenship has merit.  Maybe you should get off your high horse and give Trump credit for such a shrewd move.  After all, Congress won't pass this.  Even if they did, it would face the same court challenge.  And it won't be fixed via an amendment since that is even more complicatred than getting it thru Congress.  So the quickest way to do it is to get it before SCOTUS and have them clarify whether or not illegals are SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION THEREOF.

THAT MY FRIEND IS NOT REWRITING THE CONSTITUTION
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Gotta say, it's amusing to see Kark still stewing over marriage equality.  What, five yrs or so since it was legalized?  It just further emphasizes the priorities of old, white, angry conservatives when you sit and whine over a right gained by a group that causes you no harm at all, and yet you must find a way to take this away from them. What a sad, angry, lonely life you must lead.  Keep up the fight, Kark!  Stop them gays from ruining our lives!  Do not allow them to dignify their lives!  Make sure that they suffer until the bitter end!

I FIND IT FUNNY THAT FIVE YEARS LATER YOU CAN'T SEE THE GIANT 2 THAT BEGINS JUST ABOUT EVERY GAS PRICE

PS, HOW LONG AS ABORTION BEEN LEGAL.  PEOPLE STILL FIGHTING FOR THAT

PSS, YOU ONCE AGAIN COMPLETELY DISTORT THE WHOLE TOPIC.  BUT THEN YOU LYING IS NOTHING NEW FOR YOU

PSSS, GAYS HAVE RUINED THE LIVES OF MANY A CHRISTIAN BAKER AMONG OTHERS.  WHAT A SAD LIFE YOU MUST LEAD TO FIND RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION FUNNY

PSSSS, YOU NEVER DID ANSWER WHY A SOCIETY SHOULD VALUE SEXUAL ORIENTATION OVER RELIGIOUS ORIENTATION.  BUT THAN, THAT WOULD MEAN YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 am

Great! So when a future President starts to enforce the oft-ignored, "A well-regulated militia" portion of the Second Amendment, you will have the same stance. Good to know!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Son of Ron wrote:

I FIND IT FUNNY THAT FIVE YEARS LATER YOU CAN'T SEE THE GIANT 2 THAT BEGINS JUST ABOUT EVERY GAS PRICE

What is your point here?  I love paying under $3 for gas, and have been doing so for several years.  Now that battery vehicles are becoming a bigger thing, I suspect gas demand will remain steady or start to recede further.  

PS, HOW LONG AS ABORTION BEEN LEGAL.  PEOPLE STILL FIGHTING FOR THAT

Understood, but a reasonable case can be made that there is a victim when an abortion takes place.  There is very little such case to be made when Sally marries Suzie, or when Joey marries Jeffery.  I hold no ill will toward those fighting to end abortion.  They are usually doing so on moral grounds and fighting hard for a moral issue that's close to your heart is about as important as anything you'll do in your life.  

PSS, YOU ONCE AGAIN COMPLETELY DISTORT THE WHOLE TOPIC.  BUT THEN YOU LYING IS NOTHING NEW FOR YOU

PSSS, GAYS HAVE RUINED THE LIVES OF MANY A CHRISTIAN BAKER AMONG OTHERS.  WHAT A SAD LIFE YOU MUST LEAD TO FIND RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION FUNNY

I've never found it funny to ruin anyone's lives over their beliefs.  I've never picketed anyone, and I don't encourage anyone to picket or hound.  I do my boycotts personally and quietly.  And besides, this has nothing to do with the topic.  Same sex marriage is legal now, and whether or not some baker's business or life is being ruined because of an unwillingness to serve gay people is a separate issue unrelated to whether or not same sex marriage ought to exist and be legal.  I have a right to boycott, picket, write bad reviews online, and so forth.  Are you implying those rights ought not exist?  I remember the Dixie chicks making a single negative comment about GWB during a show and that pretty much ended their careers.

Ultimately, same sex marriage isn't religious persecution.  

PSSSS, YOU NEVER DID ANSWER WHY A SOCIETY SHOULD VALUE SEXUAL ORIENTATION OVER RELIGIOUS ORIENTATION.  BUT THAN, THAT WOULD MEAN YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE

I don't recall you asking it, but I may have overlooked it.  I haven't any assertions about what society ought to value.  Society ought to value whatever it values.  My personal preference (what I think they ought to value) is of no value.  If you prefer to value religious orientation over sexual orientation, then more power to you.  Hopefully the result of that makes you a better person.  
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 pm

If anything, the lunatic fringe on Facebook that were part of our AOL Sox board would convince me to vote REPUBLICAN.  Hysterics.  No logic!!  Fear mongers!!  JUST DOUCHEBAGS!!  When is the Civil War, Martial Law?  The Coup?

JUST FUCKING IDIOTS!!

Hopefully the first things blown up in the civil unrest are MLB Stadiums!!

Let the hysterical Fanboys get a fucking grip!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:If anything, the lunatic fringe on Facebook that were part of our AOL Sox board would convince me to vote REPUBLICAN.  Hysterics.  No logic!!  Fear mongers!!  JUST DOUCHEBAGS!!  When is the Civil War, Martial Law?  The Coup?

I don't find myself predicting a Civil War, but it won't surprise me in the near future if we reach something of a flash point, with some violence between factions, whereby we get to a critical point where either we all come to our senses and settle the fuck down, or it expands into something very horrible.  I don't own any guns, so I guess I'll just hide if it ever comes to that.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 am

Just make sure you wish all your fellow FACEBOOK political hysterics a warm good bye before you are shot at Bull Run!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:26 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Just make sure you wish all your fellow FACEBOOK political hysterics a warm good bye before you are shot at Bull Run!!
    Laughing
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:17 am

alohafri wrote:Great! So when a future President starts to enforce the oft-ignored, "A well-regulated militia" portion of the Second Amendment, you will have the same stance. Good to know!

APPLES AND ORANGES MY FRIEND

SCOTUS as rulings and precedents regarding the 2nd amendment.  If such an Executive Order was signed, I am quite certain that not only would that great civil rights group, the NRA, would have a court order negating the Executive Order within 2 seconds, I am confident SCOTUS would rule on the side of Liberty and gun rights.

What Trump is doing is different.  To the best of my knowledge, SCOTUS has never ruled, one way or the other, whether or not the children of illegal aliens are entitled to birth right citizenship.  If Trump does sign this Executive Order, I am quite certain some court will negate it within 2 seconds.  Which I suspect is part of Trumps plan, because 2 seconds after the intial ruling, an appeal will be filed.  I assume at some point it reaches the Supremes.

Again, I make no special claims to predict how SCOTUS will rule.  I believe its very obvious the 14th never intended for birth right citizenship to the children trespassers and tourists.  But then, when one starts to actual think about the issue, one will eventually come across the scenario of the grandchildren of those who came here illegally, but had their children on US soil.  I see can where that might satisfy US v Wong Kim Ark.  

Then again, maybe SCOTUS never takes up the case and the executive order dies in an appellate court.  However, that would not disallow Congress from acting.  My guess is that if Congress where to act, should a bill would need amnesty for those already here in order to pass and that it would only apply going forward.  Shame this wasn't dealt with in the 80's when the original amnesty was past.  That is why Trump is President.  Getting things done instead of just talking about it for decades.
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:18 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Just make sure you wish all your fellow FACEBOOK political hysterics a warm good bye before you are shot at Bull Run!!

I have already told Stanley that in the event of a civil war, to start shooting progressives in reverse alphabetical order
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 am

I don't recall you asking it, but I may have overlooked it.

DO YOU HAVE ALZHEMIERS?!?!?!?!?!?

I HAVE MADE THIS POINT SINCE THE BEGINNING!!!!!
    Son of Ron
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:37 am

Ultimately, same sex marriage isn't religious persecution.  

TELL THAT TO ALL THE CHRISTIANS IN COURT PRAYING THEIR LIVELIHOODS AREN'T TAKEN AWAY!!!!!

AND TELL ME HOW BOYS PRETENDING TO BE GIRLS IS FAIR TO GIRLS.  ESPECIALLY IN FEMALE ATHLETICS!!!!

GIRLS ARE GETTING CREAMED IN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SPORTS BY BOYS IN DRAG.

THESE CROSS DRESSING PHONIES ARE WORSE THAN THAT FAKE INJUN ELIZABETH WARREN

NOW MAYBE THESE MENTALLY ILL PERVERTS HAVE A RIGHT TO LIFE AS MENTALLY PERVERTED AS THEY WANT TO, BUT THEY HAVE ZERO RIGHT TO MAKE ME SUBSIDIZE IT.  WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND IS WHAT YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE.

PS, TWO DUDES DON'T NEED A PIECE A PAPER FROM THE GOVERNMENT TO LIVE TOGETHER.  CONTRARY TO YOUR  LIES, I HAVE NEVER CALLED FOR THE FAG POLICE TO INSPECT THE BEDROOMS OF "ROOMMATES"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:08 pm