Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Lorenzo Cain

Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Lorenzo Cain

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am

If I am reading fan graphs correctly, Lorenzo Cain had the best defensive performance among MLB CF

His 813 OPS was higher than any White Sox hitter with at least 100 plate appearances.

His 395 On base % would have fit perfectly in the lead off spot.

So much for the idea that Cain was to old to be productive in 2018.

That all said, Cain clearly would have been lipstick on a pig

Unfortunately, this little piggy is building with straw not bricks.

Even worse, the big bad wolf huff and puffed in 2018 and setback the rebuilding by at least 2 years

Next year at this time, Rodon and Anderon may be on the trade market so OUR White Sox can rebuild the rebuild
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: Lorenzo Cain

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:02 pm

You make a great point!!

So many ADULT Sox Fanboys are so desperate they pretend Rick Hahn is some sort of GENIUS, rather than a CREATION of Jerry Reinsdorf.

There is NO BLUEPRINT for a REBUILD.
    Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Son of Ron on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm

I did?!?!?!?

Thanx

I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought finding players that could be above both offensively and defensively was necessary to buidling a winning team.

From where I'm sitting, this team has more question marks now that at the start of the year.

Supposedly OUR White Sox plan to go all out to get Manny Machado.  At best, this will be like giving a wino a bottle of Dom Perignon.  More likely, he turns into an Albert Belle style disaster.  Imagine Dick Allen without the great 1972 year.  Instead of quitting, he'll play himself into a trade where OUR White Sox get 50 cents on the dollar and a whole new set of B- prospects.  Just in time to replace the B- minus prospects currently under achieving on the big league roster.

Luckily, I'm sure the Yankees will outbid the White Sox leaving OUR team to play 2018 part 2, Attack of the Eloy.  Lets see if the White Sox have the brains to realize Yoan Moncada needs to be moved to 3B and let Yolmer Sanchez win a gold glove or 3 at 2B until Nick Madrigal is ready.  Lets all pray Adam Engel can increase his OPS by 100.

On the pitching front, don't be surprised if OUR White Sox resign James Shields if he is still available at the end of January.  That's not the type of pitcher they should be looking for.  But that is the kind they will sign.  We all know the type.  The older veteran that might have one more good year but more importantly, can be a father figure to the young staff.  Gee, I wonder if genius Cooper realizes that Kopech's arm fell off despite being babied the entire year.  Maybe more work instead of more rest is what makes an arm strong and healthy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 am