Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

2018 year in review

Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

2018 year in review

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:48 am

After scanning several message boards and reading the opinions of the White Sox faithful regarding the 2018 performance of OUR White Sox, I see many are under the impression that 100 losses just does not matter.  That it is part of the rebuilding process.  Many of the White Sox faithful do not seem upset because they did not expect anything from OUR 2018 White Sox.

Well here are some things I did not expect:

1.    I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox would regress and end up with more question marks than the 2017 team.
    2.    I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox would choke the last five games and end up with the embarrassing 100th loss.
    3.    I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox would set new record for batting strikeouts in a single season.
    4.    I did not expect that last year’s top prospect in all of baseball, Yoan Moncada, would have 217 of those strikeouts.
    5.    I did not expect that last year’s top prospect in all of baseball, Yoan Moncada, would have a lower batting average than Adam Engel.  (Moncada .2353; Engel .2354)
    6.    I did not expect his double play partner, Tim Anderson to have a sub 700 OPS.
    7.    I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox double play combo (Anderson and Moncada) to have combined OPS of 700; less than the team average of 702 and way below 786; the average for players that qualify for the batting title.
    8.    I did not expect Avisail Garcia to regress 110% and be worse than he was in 2016.
    9.    I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox to make Avisail Garcia play every day the last six weeks of a lost season on a bad knee that needed operating on.
    10.  I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox to bury their red-hot top prospect, Eloy Jiminez, at AAA when he could have been replacing Avisail Garcia; which would have allowed Garcia to get his surgery 6 weeks earlier.
    11.  I did not expect the former #1 pitching prospect in all of baseball, Lucas Giolito, to have an ERA over 6.
    12.  I did not expect the current #1 pitching prospect in all of baseball, Michael Kopech, to have his arm fall off despite being extremely babied all year long.
    13.  I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox to keep James Shield in the rotation all year.  FYI, Fernando Tatis Jr is now considered the #2 prospect in all of baseball.  Behind #1 Vlad Guerrero Jr and ahead of #3 Eloy Jiminez
    14.  I did not expect the best thing to emerge at the major league level for OUR 2018 White Sox to be Daniel Palka, who is Adam Dunn without the walks or fond memories of Cincinnati.
    15.  I did not expect the highest WAR on OUR 2018 White Sox would belong to a platoon catcher.  Omar Narvaez at 2.1 WAR.
    16.  I did not expect OUR 2018 White Sox to still be looking at Juan Minaya to be saving games in September.

That is my not so sweet 16.  Not only did 2018 suck out loud; it set the rebuilding process back at least two years.  Even longer if the Quintana trade ends up as bad as the Sale trade appears to be.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: 2018 year in review

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 am

It amazes me while White Sox fans line up like homeless peons for promotional giveaways, they fail to see the obvious......BOTH Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn are creations of Jerry Reinsdorf!!
    Son of Ron
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Son of Ron on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am

Next year is the 100th anniversary of the 1919 Black Sox.

It appears that OUR White Sox plan to celebrate the centennial of this dubious season by throwing the entire year.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am

BELIEVE!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 am