Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Rockies at Talking Stick

sox55
    Roof Shot

Rockies at Talking Stick

Post by sox55 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 am

Only 5 regulars were in the lineup to face 49 yr old Jamie moyer on Sunday. He pitched 2 scoreless innings getting AJ called out on strikes.

As far as the Sox go, Danks went 3 unimpressive innings walking 4 and showing no signs of being the "Ace" of the staff as of yet.
    Addison Reed had no command and was lucky to get out of his inning of work with zero runs allowed.

In the field, Fukadome should have thrown out Marco Scutaro at 2nd base on a hit into CF but made a poor throw off the bag that allowed Scutaro to leg out a double. Later in the game Fukadome made a strong throw to the plate but again was inaccurate to allow a run to score.

Edwardo Escobar played 2b and Lilibridge played SS tho in my opinion those roles should be reversed. Of course Brent went on to make an error on a routine DP ground ball that cost Danks the 1st run against him. As we have seen in the past, Lilibridge can pay 2b,3b and the OF but for some reason he completely sucks at SS. Hopefully Robin sees this right away and ends this at 1 game there unlike Ozzie who liked to play him at SS.

I understand the Sox would like to keep Dan Johnson as the 25th man if Lilibridge can play all the IF positions and then Escobar would be sent to AAA. So far I disagree with that, in fact, out of the minor leaguers we have seen, Escobar is the one who has caught my eye in the field. He had 2 hits to the opposite field yesterday and is my early pick to be the surprise player of the Spring IF he gets a real chance to make the club. I like the way he plays SS and 2b.He is my early pick for IF backup.
    I have never been a fan of Lilibridge who continues to swing the bat as if he is the size of Adam Dunn. I just don't like his approach.

It's the A's at The Ranch today.
    Unfortunately Cespedes won't be playing.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: Rockies at Talking Stick

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 am

sox55 wrote: Escobar is the one who has caught my eye in the field. He had 2 hits to the opposite field yesterday and is my early pick to be the surprise player of the Spring IF he gets a real chance to make the club. I like the way he plays SS and 2b.He is my early pick for IF backup.

Presuming one of Alexei or Beckham ends up going in a trade at some point later this year or next off season, I'd rather see Escobar get his minor league AB.

Outside of seeing his name in a boxscore, can you compare Ozzie Martinez and Escobar? Since the Marlins already had him up, unless you see something there that excites you, I'd as soon keep Martinez as the utility 2B/SS guy, and presume he could cover 3B when necessary.

Can you give a review, if you have seen them, of Leesman, Castro, Juan Marinez, Santiago, Axelrod and Stewart? Will Stewart be a starter? Kept but moved to the pen? Is Axelrod still a ways away? Will Veal, with Thornton at some point be the two lefties out of the pen? Is Ohman worth keeping on a club that will probably not do much in the standings?

Will Fukudome likely be the 4th OF, or will he take a lot of time from DeAza?

Sorry I am not paying much attention. Cannot get up for this season at all.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    sox55 wrote: Escobar is the one who has caught my eye in the field. He had 2 hits to the opposite field yesterday and is my early pick to be the surprise player of the Spring IF he gets a real chance to make the club. I like the way he plays SS and 2b.He is my early pick for IF backup.

Presuming one of Alexei or Beckham ends up going in a trade at some point later this year or next off season, I'd rather see Escobar get his minor league AB.

Outside of seeing his name in a boxscore, can you compare Ozzie Martinez and Escobar? Since the Marlins already had him up, unless you see something there that excites you, I'd as soon keep Martinez as the utility 2B/SS guy, and presume he could cover 3B when necessary.

Can you give a review, if you have seen them, of Leesman, Castro, Juan Marinez, Santiago, Axelrod and Stewart? Will Stewart be a starter? Kept but moved to the pen? Is Axelrod still a ways away? Will Veal, with Thornton at some point be the two lefties out of the pen? Is Ohman worth keeping on a club that will probably not do much in the standings?

[b]On WSCR this morning they were HOWLING at Hawkeroo...already giving them soundbites about how Davey Nelson as 1B coach in 1983 extended innings by having the Batter get to 2B....He also said in his 50 years of Baseball the weather last year was the best he ever saw in Spring Training....While the hosts were laughing at these soundbites....SOMEBODY SAID THAT THEY HAVE TO GET HOLD OF THE HAWK RIGHT NOW TO SEE IF THEY SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THE COMING SEASON!!! Hawk KNOWS if the team is going to suck!!!
    LMAO!!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

the KARK concurs. Esobar needs to play everyday at 3A
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

Escobar has out performed Martinez with the AB's I have seen. They both have looked good defensively and both have played 3rd,SS, and 2b. Kind of the same player otherwise.
    At this point,I would trade Martinez in the future.

I have seen Santiago, Stewart,Axelrod, and Leesman.
    Santiago is ticketed for Chicago as the setup LHP. He has been OUTSTANDING. Axelrod has been so-so as has Stewart in 2 appearances. Stewart is the long man out of the pen and the 6th starter when/if needed. Saw Leesman in 1 game so far and he was not effective.

At this point, and that is only 1 week of watching him,if I was making the decision, I would waive him. I would rather see Thompson play as the 4th /5th OF. You know that won't happen and the veteran will get every opportunity the last 2 weeks of ST to get ready for the season.
    Sorry I am not paying much attention. Cannot get up for this season at all.[/quote]
    I'm out here and I am having a hard time getting excited too. But I am one who likes to see more of the major leaguers more and that doesn't start happening until this week. Our minor leaguers leave a lot to be desired as has been published in some of the baseball publications.
    I have targeted the ones for you that I like so far. I don't know if they were mentioned in anything you have read.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am

sox55 wrote: I have targeted the ones for you that I like so far.

Thanks for the feedback, Johnny P.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Trayce Thompson on the bench?????

Heks like 21 and very raw. H e needs at least 2 more years of playing everyday in the minors
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm

sox55 wrote:

Escobar has out performed Martinez with the AB's I have seen. They both have looked good defensively and both have played 3rd,SS, and 2b. Kind of the same player otherwise.

Santiago is ticketed for Chicago as the setup LHP. He has been OUTSTANDING. Axelrod has been so-so as has Stewart in 2 appearances. Stewart is the long man out of the pen and the 6th starter when/if needed. Saw Leesman in 1 game so far and he was not effective.

At this point, and that is only 1 week of watching him,if I was making the decision, I would waive him. I would rather see Thompson play as the 4th /5th OF. You know that won't happen and the veteran will get every opportunity the last 2 weeks of ST to get ready for the season.
    I'm out here and I am having a hard time getting excited too. But I am one who likes to see more of the major leaguers more and that doesn't start happening until this week. Our minor leaguers leave a lot to be desired as has been published in some of the baseball publications.
    I have targeted the ones for you that I like so far. I don't know if they were mentioned in anything you have read.
    [/quote]

Thanks for your update efforts, John. I'm not very excited about this season, but always take the time to read and appreciate your updates. Hopefully, this team does something to seem more interesting to me than global oil production. Ugh.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

Thanks for your update efforts, John. I'm not very excited about this season, but always take the time to read and appreciate your updates. Hopefully, this team does something to seem more interesting to me than global oil production. Ugh.[/quote]

Are you claiming Adam Dunn can double his home run production and still have little or no effect on the White Sox pennant hopes?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 am

Mark the CPA wrote:Trayce Thompson on the bench?????

Heks like 21 and very raw. H e needs at least 2 more years of playing everyday in the minors

You are correct but I never said he would be on the bench.
    I think I posted that I have him ticketed for AAA as Jordan Danks' replacement. Thompson has impressed!!
    Back to watching the Sox today and I think Chris Sale pitches.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 am

FIND HAWK!!!!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am

Gordon Beckham wrote:FIND HAWK!!!!!!

I ask for him everyday I am at The Ranch.. He's been avoiding me.
    We may have to put Steff on this case.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

Mark the CPA wrote:
    Are you claiming Adam Dunn can double his home run production and still have little or no effect on the White Sox pennant hopes?

More or less. 9 homers to 18 would do very little. Would the doubled production also include pitching about 100 effective innings?
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Mark the CPA wrote:

More or less. 9 homers to 18 would do very little. Would the doubled production also include pitching about 100 effective innings?
    Consider the case that Dunn returns to 30-40 homers this season. What does that lead one to conclude about last season? The worst case of flop sweat ever. What does that lead one to conclude how Dunn will likely do in a playoff situation? Return of the flop sweat.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 pm

The Sox only hope is 25 career years

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:40 pm