Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Kevin was only half right

Kevin was only half right

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:25 am

The other day, Kevin called the man who will probably be the greatest president of my lifetime a traitor.

Turns out this is only half right.

DONALD TRUMP IS A FREE TRADER!!!!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/25/trump-we-hope-to-work-something-out-on-a-fair-trade-deal-with-europe.html

Looks like the Trump tariffs forced the EU into making some long overdue concessions

WINNING
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Kevin was only half right

Post by alohafri on Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:43 pm

The Koch Brothers aren't happy. And when they aren't happy, the GOP ain't happy.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/787493/koch-network-slams-trumps-destructive-tariffs-divisiveness

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 am

I THOUGHT YOU HATED THE KOCH BROTHERS!!!!

OR WAS THAT BILLY KOCH

THE BRAIN GETS ADDLED NORTH OF 50
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 am

No reason to particularly HATE them.  They are using their money to advocate for their own financial well-being.  They are doing what I expect about 80% of most people to do, which is to look out for their own damn selves.  When they pay huge $$ for GOP leaders, it's because they are going to be getting back BIGGER $$$$ in return in the form of tax cuts, lower min wages, dumping regs, and various other things that will make them money.  We invest in the markets.  They invest in the gov't.  All are seeking to grow their net worth.  I can't hate them for it, but I can be very much against that tactic and will shout all day long that many Repub voters such as people like Kevin are voting strongly against their own interests, since guys like the Kochs are convincing you to elect people that will make them richer and lessen the economic power of people like us.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I THOUGHT YOU HATED THE KOCH BROTHERS!!!!

OR WAS THAT BILLY KOCH

I thought you ignored me.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:No reason to particularly HATE them.  They are using their money to advocate for their own financial well-being.  They are doing what I expect about 80% of most people to do, which is to look out for their own damn selves.  When they pay huge $$ for GOP leaders, it's because they are going to be getting back BIGGER $$$$ in return in the form of tax cuts, lower min wages, dumping regs, and various other things that will make them money.  We invest in the markets.  They invest in the gov't.  All are seeking to grow their net worth.  I can't hate them for it, but I can be very much against that tactic and will shout all day long that many Repub voters such as people like Kevin are voting strongly against their own interests, since guys like the Kochs are convincing you to elect people that will make them richer and lessen the economic power of people like us.

I am against the Koch Brothers and know that they don't support every Republican candidate out there, just the ones who will kiss their asses.

What is needed is real campaign finance reform, starting with the overturning of Citizens United. If a corporation is a "person", then so is a union. And since the Supreme Court, in its "infinite wisdom" has said that a union isn't a person, then neither should a corporation be a person.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 pm

The Kochs are actually supporting a few Dem candidates because the Kochs are massively against the tariffs and the Dems are trying to block the tariffs.  Again, it comes down to self interest.  They'll put up money and advocate for anyone that will help to grow the wealth and political power of the rich folks.  I don't like it, but I totally understand it, and I don't blame them one bit.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:28 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:I THOUGHT YOU HATED THE KOCH BROTHERS!!!!

OR WAS THAT BILLY KOCH

I thought you ignored me.

Then I forgave you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm