Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 pm

    LOGGED INTO THE TEAM WEBSITE AND AMAZED TO SEE YOLMER SANCHEZ LEADING THE TEAM WITH A WHOPPING 260 BATTING AVERAGE!!!!!!


    LET'S ALL MOVE TO BIRMINGHAM TO SEE THE CAREER YEARS OF THE FUTURE STIFFS!!!!!!


    THE FOUNDATION OF THIS GREAT REBUILD HAS YET TO SOLIDIFY!!!!!!!


    LET'S ALL BELIEVE AN EXCUB AND TANK TWO WILL LEAD US TO GREATNESS IN 2022!!!!


    WILL ANY OF THE 2018 CLOWNS STILL BE IN BASEBALL THEN?!?!?!?!


    NOBODY EVER RE-ORGANIZED THE DECK CHAIRS ON THE TITANIC BETTER THAN HAHN DID LAST YEAR!!!!


    CAN'T WAIT TO TUNE IN TONIGHT TO HEAR HOW GREAT THE CAUCASIAN JAMIE NAVARRO IS!!!!!


    PRAISE BUDDHAH IN NEVER INFLICTED STANLEY OF THE MENTAL ILLNESS OF WHITE SOX FANDOM
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:LOGGED INTO THE TEAM WEBSITE AND AMAZED TO SEE YOLMER SANCHEZ LEADING THE TEAM WITH A WHOPPING 260 BATTING AVERAGE!!!!!!


    LET'S ALL MOVE TO BIRMINGHAM TO SEE THE CAREER YEARS OF THE FUTURE STIFFS!!!!!!


    THE FOUNDATION OF THIS GREAT REBUILD HAS YET TO SOLIDIFY!!!!!!!


    LET'S ALL BELIEVE AN EXCUB AND TANK TWO WILL LEAD US TO GREATNESS IN 2022!!!!


    WILL ANY OF THE 2018 CLOWNS STILL BE IN BASEBALL THEN?!?!?!?!


    NOBODY EVER RE-ORGANIZED THE DECK CHAIRS ON THE TITANIC BETTER THAN HAHN DID LAST YEAR!!!!


    CAN'T WAIT TO TUNE IN TONIGHT TO HEAR HOW GREAT THE CAUCASIAN JAMIE NAVARRO IS!!!!!


    PRAISE BUDDHAH IN NEVER INFLICTED STANLEY OF THE MENTAL ILLNESS OF WHITE SOX FANDOM

    Did you really expect better from this year's team? If so, I'll have what your're drinking.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:53 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:LOGGED INTO THE TEAM WEBSITE AND AMAZED TO SEE YOLMER SANCHEZ LEADING THE TEAM WITH A WHOPPING 260 BATTING AVERAGE!!!!!!

    LET'S ALL MOVE TO BIRMINGHM TO SEE THE CAREER YEARS OF THE FUTURE STIFFS!!!!!!
    THE FOUNDATION OF THIS GREAT REBUILD HAS YET TO SOLIDIFY!!!!!!!
    LET'S ALL BELIEVE AN EXCUB AND TANK TWO WILL LEAD US TO GREATNESS IN 2022!!!!
    WILL ANY OF THE 2018 CLOWNS STILL BE IN BASEBALL THEN?!?!?!?!
    NOBODY EVER RE-ORGANIZED THE DECK CHAIRS ON THE TITANIC BETTER THAN HAHN DID LAST YEAR!!!!
    CAN'T WAIT TO TUNE IN TONIGHT TO HEAR HOW GREAT THE CAUCASIAN JAMIE NAVARRO IS!!!!!
    PRAISE BUDDHAH IN NEVER INFLICTED STANLEY OF THE MENTAL ILLNESS OF WHITE SOX FANDOM

    Did you really expect better from this year's team? If so, I'll have what your're drinking.

    The Sox's Titanic hit the iceberg two years ago when the last-ditch win-now trade (Tatis for Shields) blew up in their faces. They had no choice but to rebuild.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm

    HEY TEACH, THEY WENT FROM A “D” TO AN “F”!!!!!!

    For a guy that is suppose to know history maybe you should recognize this is a historically bad team!!!

    Rebuilding doesn’t mean cracking the bottom five seasons in team history!!!!

    Then you wonder why I claim you and that banker deliberately disagree with me!!!!

    How does going from 67 the 55 wins with everyone regressing or getting hurt help?  And why on earth should I have expected it!!!

    Maybe I should have what you are drinking
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:18 pm

    Note to Roger

    Yes, a total rebuild made all the sense in the world

    Yes, another year of WIN NOW made zero sense.  Especially with no farm and limited cash

    But this year is more than a step back

    This is a historically bad team

    Hopefully this is 1989 and next year is 1990

    But for someone here to claim we should have expected one of the worst years in franchise history make me pig biting mad

    I expected improvement.  I see ZERO.

    And b4 the Teach can put words in my post, I not suggesting blowing it all up again.  But using youth as an excuse to suck only goes so far.

    PS, I defy anybody here to have expected Yolmer to out OPS Yoan
    avatar
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 922
    Join date : 2014-04-03

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Jack Brickhouse on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:53 am

    No less a Sox "authority" than RICHARD LINDBERG has turned on the REBUILD!!


    ROCK WITH RICHARD LINDBERG AND HIS STOOGE, MURPH!!
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:27 am

    The KARK hasn’t turned on rebuilding 

    The KARK has turned on the 3rd worst winning % in franchise history 

    The KARK has turned on an org where just about every player is either sucking or hurting

    What is truly funny is that in January the KARK saw a White Sox calendar that featured Yolmer Sanchez front and center

    Who would have expected Yolmer to be the teams only good player performing at expectation

    So let’s all jerk off while we wait for the next Yolmer triple
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:09 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Note to Roger

    Yes, a total rebuild made all the sense in the world

    Yes, another year of WIN NOW made zero sense.  Especially with no farm and limited cash

    But this year is more than a step back

    This is a historically bad team

    Hopefully this is 1989 and next year is 1990

    But for someone here to claim we should have expected one of the worst years in franchise history make me pig biting mad

    I expected improvement.  I see ZERO.

    And b4 the Teach can put words in my post, I not suggesting blowing it all up again.  But usi4 years old.  ng youth as an excuse to suck only goes so far.

    PS, I defy anybody here to have expected Yolmer to out OPS Yoan

    Agree Moncada is not looking as good as advertised, but maybe part of that was he was over-advertised.   Rebuilding teams tend to over-hype their top prospects. But Baseball America was in on the hype about him too.   So far Yoan has averaged 2.3 WAR per 650 PA's and he's still only 23 years old.  Granted, the Trouts, Harpers, Machados were in the 5+ ranges at similar ages so Moncada is not in that superstar echelon.
    But Freddie Freeman, Jose Altuve and Anthony Rizzo were in similar or even worse ranges than Moncada at the same age and they've turned out just fine. Sox rushed Yoan up last year with a decent but not very impressive 824 OPS in AAA and an alarmingly high 28% K rate.  No surprise he's struggling because of too many K's in the majors.   Ditto Giolito who came up with a mid 4.00's ERA in AAA.   
    So when top prospects aren't fully ready yet and the rest of the roster is a bunch of Quad-A types (Delmonico, Leury, Engel, Navarro, Covey, etc) and the pitching is garbage this is what happens.  Last year, the team had Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, Kahnle during the first half plus Abreu and Avi Garcia were in the midst of career or near-career years.  So yeah, they are worse than last year.

    It's also natural to start being skeptical of the quality of the youth corps when their immaturity leads to struggling in the first couple years and the rest of the team are mostly has-beens or never-will-bes.  If the Sox are still mired in sub-.500 status by mid 2020 then it's totally fair to question the choices made in the rebuild.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:33 pm

    I fail to see how Moncada and Gioloto where rushed.  I doubt any GM on any team starts them at AAA

    Nor am I suggesting rushing the process

    Besides, who the hell do you rush?

    The blue chippers are either sucking like Kopech or are hurt like Jiminez

    As for those two specifically, at this point waiting until next May in order to sneak another year out of the service clock

    Also, the KARK doesn’t make a big splash in this winters free agent market.  That would be perfume on a pig.  And this is one stinky pig
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:54 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:I fail to see how Moncada and Gioloto where rushed.  I doubt any GM on any team starts them at AAA

    Nor am I suggesting rushing the process

    Besides, who the hell do you rush?

    The blue chippers are either sucking like Kopech or are hurt like Jiminez

    As for those two specifically, at this point waiting until next May in order to sneak another year out of the service clock

    Also, the KARK doesn’t make a big splash in this winters free agent market.  That would be perfume on a pig.  And this is one stinky pig


    I think bringing up Moncada and Gioloto last July-August instead of the typical Sept callup was unnecessary. Not only did it add service time but it wasn't really that warranted based on their AAA performances. Plus it meant they'd start from Opening Day this year versus having the first 6 weeks in AAA which would have given the Sox
    one more year of team control. Hopefully that lesson applies to both Kopech and Jiminez, neither of whom are knocking on the door of the majors right now.  
    It's looking more and more as though the core of prospects (Moncada, Giolito, Lopez, Jiminez, Kopech, Collins, Dunning, Cease, Rutherford, Basabe, Hansen, Burdi, Madrigal, Burger, Robert, etc.) are going to hit stride in their age 25-27 seasons as opposed to ages 22-24. While that probably means no superstars in the bunch that still means a core of near-stars and/or solid players that should contend in the 2021-2025 timeframe.  Obviously that will have to be augmented by strategic free agent pickups at the right time.   But the Sox really have no choice but to roll the dice that way and hope that a good % of the pickups and draft choices from the last couple years pan out.  Along with some existing guys (Anderson, maybe Avi, Yolmer and Rodon) are solid enough to be keepers.
    While all of this means no instant or even short-time gratification for Sox fans, it also means trying to develop things the right way so that the team is a consistent winner for a good 4-6 year stretch.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by alohafri on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:HEY TEACH, THEY WENT FROM A “D” TO AN “F”!!!!!!

    For a guy that is suppose to know history maybe you should recognize this is a historically bad team!!!

    Rebuilding doesn’t mean cracking the bottom five seasons in team history!!!!

    Then you wonder why I claim you and that banker deliberately disagree with me!!!!

    How does going from 67 the 55 wins with everyone regressing or getting hurt help?  And why on earth should I have expected it!!!

    Maybe I should have what you are drinking

    Again, if you thought this team would be better than last year's team...Abreu is the only player that would be a starter on any other team in the league. That doesn't exactly cry improvement. This is a quintessential AAAA team.


    But it's all about you.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am

    Do you know how to read?!?!?!?!?!?!?


    Do you actually watch the games when you go?!?!?!?!?


    I'm not complaining about how they will miss out on the 2nd wild card


    I'm complaining that they are on pace for the 3rd worst winning % in franchise history and just about everybody is either sucking or hurting.


    Maybe instead of deliberately disagreeing with me, maybe you should understand that IT IS NOT unreasonable to expect Moncada to hit 260 or for Giolito to have and ERA under 5.00


    Outside of Yolmer Sanchez and maybe Rey Lopez, who the hell is not underachieving?!?!?  Open your eyes and realize that just about everybody in the org has regressed this year.  NOT GOOD
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by alohafri on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Do you know how to read?!?!?!?!?!?!?


    Do you actually watch the games when you go?!?!?!?!?


    I'm not complaining about how they will miss out on the 2nd wild card


    I'm complaining that they are on pace for the 3rd worst winning % in franchise history and just about everybody is either sucking or hurting.


    Maybe instead of deliberately disagreeing with me, maybe you should understand that IT IS NOT unreasonable to expect Moncada to hit 260 or for Giolito to have and ERA under 5.00


    Outside of Yolmer Sanchez and maybe Rey Lopez, who the hell is not underachieving?!?!?  Open your eyes and realize that just about everybody in the org has regressed this year.  NOT GOOD


    I watch the games, do you? Or do you have one eye on your precious traitor Trump?


    Again, read what I say. If you had higher expectations for this team than they are putting forth this year, the problem is with your expectations.


    Get yourself a hobby and ignore the White Sox. Go play with your children. Read a book. Rent a movie. Go get your fucking shinebox. Do some fucking thing.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm

    Obviously you just want to bicker while ignoring whatever I post

    Consider this discussion over
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:26 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Maybe instead of deliberately disagreeing with me, maybe you should understand that IT IS NOT unreasonable to expect Moncada to hit 260 or for Giolito to have and ERA under 5.00
    Outside of Yolmer Sanchez and maybe Rey Lopez, who the hell is not underachieving?!?!?  Open your eyes and realize that just about everybody in the org has regressed this year.  NOT GOOD

    Moncada hit .231 last year with the Sox and the problem was he was striking out 1/3 of his PA's.  That hasn't changed so far this year.   

    If he maintained his current BB, ISO, and BABIP rates but cut his K's down from 34% to 25% of PA's, his line would be 275/349/464  (813 OPS).  Instead it's 238/312/427..  So those "extra" K's are costing him 37 pts of BA which decreases both OBP and SLug by 37 pts. = 74 total hit to OPS.

    Because of his speed, Moncada has always had a higher BABIP (.337 major league career) plus his power is above average as is his BB rate.   All the ingredients are there for a 820-860 OPS guy except for his crummy high K rate.   If he could do what Trevor Story of the Rockies did this year (reduce his K rate from 33% to 25%) then we'd see his true potential come out.












    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:57 pm

    So in other words, the KARK is not expecting some unreasonable improvement from a player that is suppose to be one of the key blocks in the rebuild.


    BTW, speaking of an 800 OPS, not one hitter on the active roster exceeds that total.  Avisail Garcia is at 840 and on the DL.  Matt Skole is at 930, but only 13 plate appearances and is back at AAA he's only 738


    Absolutely disgusting that NOT one healthy player can step up to the 800 level.  


    Ditto the pitching staff.  8 starters.  Only 3 under 5.00 ERA.  Make that 2 & a half since Carlos Rodon only has 7 starts.


    PS, the KARK had 76 wins in the Dilo contest.  Hardly an unreasonable expectation.  What is unreasonable is thinking that missing that mark by 20 something games has an immaterial effect on the rebuild.  Another year like this and you are going to have to rebuild the rebuild.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:So in other words, the KARK is not expecting some unreasonable improvement from a player that is suppose to be one of the key blocks in the rebuild.


    BTW, speaking of an 800 OPS, not one hitter on the active roster exceeds that total.  Avisail Garcia is at 840 and on the DL.  Matt Skole is at 930, but only 13 plate appearances and is back at AAA he's only 738


    Absolutely disgusting that NOT one healthy player can step up to the 800 level.  


    Ditto the pitching staff.  8 starters.  Only 3 under 5.00 ERA.  Make that 2 & a half since Carlos Rodon only has 7 starts.


    PS, the KARK had 76 wins in the Dilo contest.  Hardly an unreasonable expectation.  What is unreasonable is thinking that missing that mark by 20 something games has an immaterial effect on the rebuild.  Another year like this and you are going to have to rebuild the rebuild.

    Yes, it's a bit disconcerting that Moncada hasn't improved his K rate this year, but he's still only 23 and he may be pressing some.  Hopefully he won't take as long as Avi Garcia to finally be worth a shit, but it's real clear that he has to get his K rate into the low-mid 20's over the next couple years in order to be the kind of player the Sox were hoping for.
    As to expecting 76 wins this year that's a tall order considering that's what the Sox won in 2016 when they had Sale, Quintana, Eaton, Frazier, and Robertson. A rag tag pitching staff coupled with hitters like Engel, Delmonico, Yolmer, Anderson, Moncada, Davidson and Narvaez is producing an unsurprising result - lots of losses. The guys the Sox will be depending on to produce contending teams are 2-3 years away from coming into their own.  Reality sucks sometimes.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 am

    What's obvious is that you are in the WIN NOW camp. You show absolutely no patience with developing ballplayers. The vast majority of the 2018 roster are placeholders. The only way they are part of the rebuild is that the Sox need to field a team and this is what you get when you go total rebuild. You can go right ahead and fantasize that Palka (aka Dan Pasqua), Davidson, Delmonico, Luery Garcia, etc. are in the Sox long term plans. I know differently.


    What's Ryan Howard doing? Maybe the Sox can talk Chase Utley into playing the 2019 season in an attempt to capture lighting in a bottle.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:19 pm

    This post was made by alohafri who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.


    HERE'S IS MY RESPONSE TO YOUR IGNORANT AND COMPLETELY UNTRUE POST
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:33 pm

    I ADMIT IT


    I never saw Garcia losing half a season to injury of Abreau having a 750OPS.  As for OPS, I expected Anderson and Moncada to be above, if it was just barely.  I expected the outfield to be decent enough where they wouldn't be plucking clowns off the waiver wire, i.e Trayce Thompson and Ryan Lamarre


    As for pitching, I thought they had enough journeyman in the bullpen to be OK.  I thought Giolito would be pitching more like Lopez instead of Chad Fulmer.


    Who on this team is doing what is expected?  Yolmer Sanchez and Rey Lopez.  Just about everybody his is either underperforming or hurt.


    Expecting Yoan Moncada to hit 270 is not being stuck in the WIN NOW camp.  He was the #1 prospect in all of baseball after all.


    Roger, since you seem to understand that concept, please explain it to Rob Jr
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    This post was made by alohafri who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.


    HERE'S IS MY RESPONSE TO YOUR IGNORANT AND COMPLETELY UNTRUE POST


    Oh no! I'm hurt! I may as well take a bottle of pills and end it all!
    avatar
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 922
    Join date : 2014-04-03

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm

    What does Howie think?
    What about Murph?
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:18 pm

    Jack Brickhouse wrote:What does Howie think?
    What about Murph?


    HERE WHAT A POSTER ON PRIDE AND PASSION THINKS:

    Is it just me or does it seems like prospects we always have need to so called “develop” but prospects on other teams come up and produce.?.?. Idk if it’s just me or what

    Looks like the KARK isn't alone with the thought that the #1 prospect in all of baseball should not be striking out 40% of the time and should have a batting average north of 240

    Gee, I wonder how many others will be falsely accused of spanking it to a Ryan Howard baseball card just because they fear Yoan Moncado and Lucas Giolito could be the new Gordon Beckham and Scott Ruffcorn.  Not that the KARK would Chase Utley either of these two out of town.  But if the magical 2020 year is another 90+ loss season.....
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2800
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Jack Brickhouse wrote:What does Howie think?
    What about Murph?


    HERE WHAT A POSTER ON PRIDE AND PASSION THINKS:

    Is it just me or does it seems like prospects we always have need to so called “develop” but prospects on other teams come up and produce.?.?. Idk if it’s just me or what

    Looks like the KARK isn't alone with the thought that the #1 prospect in all of baseball should not be striking out 40% of the time and should have a batting average north of 240

    Gee, I wonder how many others will be falsely accused of spanking it to a Ryan Howard baseball card just because they fear Yoan Moncado and Lucas Giolito could be the new Gordon Beckham and Scott Ruffcorn.  Not that the KARK would Chase Utley either of these two out of town.  But if the magical 2020 year is another 90+ loss season.....

    Look, I'm concerned about Moncada's 34% K rate.  It's a big red flag.  Far more guys with K rates over 30% at ages 22-23 end up like Rymer Liriano or Leury Garcia than Kris Bryant.   But Bryant brought his K rate down from 31% to 22% the next year.   Moncada does something similar he's suddenly a 277/350/477 hitter.  But the Sox can't sit idly by and just hope that he'll learn how to put bat on ball better. They need to get him to work on that in the offseason.  Plus I still don't think his glovework at 2b has been that good and the Sox need to start doing something about that NOW.  
    As to Giolito, looking back at pitchers who were as bad as he's been at ages 23-24, that is also a discouraging list.  It was at least a 5-1 failure/success ratio and the best starting pitcher out of the 60 that most resembled Giolito's FIP at that age was Gavin Floyd.  OTOH, a few really bad starters at that age (Joe Nathan, Eric Gagne) converted into successful relievers and that may be Gioloto's fate too . 

    Yeah, the true studs usually come out of the gate faster than those two so blowing any false sunshine up in anyone's ass about them is pointless.  Sox fans have suffered through enough wishful thinking by Mgmt for the last 10 years and so overrating this crop of prospects would be yet another cruel hoax. OTOH, the sheer volume of decent prospects the Sox have by law of averages might help make this rebuild work. Not everyone has to be a star if the team ends up with a good quantity of above average players.  However, to avoid the wishful thinking disease,  it's best to acknowledge  a prospect's problems early on and work on them, rather than just thinking time and experience will automatically mature them into better players.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2906
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 am

    OTOH, a few really bad starters at that age (Joe Nathan, Eric Gagne) converted into successful relievers and that may be Gioloto's fate too .


    *****************************


    THEN HE CAN CO-CLOSE WITH KOPECH WHO CURRENTLY SEEMS TO HAVE A SIMILIAR PROBLEM.


    MAYBE THE WHITE SOX CAN INVENT THE NEW 2 INNING CO-CLOSER.  THEY CAN ALTERNATE BETWEEN EVERY OTHER GAME PITCHING CLOSING THE LAST TWO INNINGS


    I WOULD HOPE THERE ARMS CAN HANDLE A 162IP LOAD


    OTHERWISE, CHAD FULMER NEEDS TO BECOME A TRI-CLOSER 

    Sponsored content

    Re: WHAT A JUGGARNAUT!!!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 pm