Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

More Hammy Problems for A Garcia

More Hammy Problems for A Garcia

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Garcia leaves the game with some tightness in the hamstring and is considered day to day

Off day Monday then it’s back home where Garcia can DH until the All Star break.  Hopefully he can avoid the DL

Although trips to the DL do seem to do wonders for his hitting lately
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: More Hammy Problems for A Garcia

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Garcia leaves the game with some tightness in the hamstring and is considered day to day

Off day Monday then it’s back home where Garcia can DH until the All Star break.  Hopefully he can avoid the DL

Although trips to the DL do seem to do wonders for his hitting lately

Yeah, the power surge Garcia has had since coming off the DL has been remarkable and it's what he needed
    to show after his abysmal first month.  No big deal if he misses more time in this lost season for the Sox.
    But what is important in determining his future with the Sox is how well he can keep up this power hitting
    for the remainder of the year.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am

ALL DEPENDS

THE KARK WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT THIS NAGGING HAMSTRING PREVENTS HIM FROM BEING TRADED AND SCARES HIM AWAY FROM TESTING THE FREE AGENT WATERS AND HE RESIGNS ON THE CHEAP AND THEN 300 FOR THE NEXT 7 YEARS WHILE IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM

A MAN CAN DREAM
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 am

The China Doll is back on the DL.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 pm

WIN NOW-RELOAD!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:ALL DEPENDS

THE KARK WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT THIS NAGGING HAMSTRING PREVENTS HIM FROM BEING TRADED AND SCARES HIM AWAY FROM TESTING THE FREE AGENT WATERS AND HE RESIGNS ON THE CHEAP AND THEN 300 FOR THE NEXT 7 YEARS WHILE IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM

A MAN CAN DREAM

Yeah, this latest injury takes him out of this summer's trade market. OTOH, he's under Sox control for another year so he can still make his case for a decent FA contract next season.
    But Avi has the remainder of this year and next to show a more dependable profile. He had injury issues a few years ago, was healthy throughout most of 2015-2017 but now appears to be an injury risk again. He's was a mid-200's hitter until his 330 last year now he's a mid-high 200's guy this year.   He had modest power for a RFer his whole career but suddenly has shown 35-40 HR potential these last 3 weeks. Yet for some odd reason he's swinging at more pitches out of the zone this year than he did as a rookie. In other words, exactly who and what is he ?  A 300/350/530 hitter or more like a 270/300/470 ? And is he a constant injury risk ? IMO, the Sox need better answers to those questions before they plunge on some sort of major extension.  

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 am

IMO, the Sox need better answers to those questions before they plunge on some sort of major extension.  

I thought my post said resign him on the cheap.

Not sure how realistic it is to think the Sox can get a 5 year deal for maybe $60mil, but I take that gamble

PS, past performance does not indicate future results.  Garcia is still under 27.  and he is still blessed with an awesome set of physical tools
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am

If I am Garcia, I tell Reinsdorf to shove his lowball offer up his ass.  A genuine off season conditioning program might work wonders.  I bet on myself, just like Magglio.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am

A genuine off season conditioning program might work wonders.

Only if you exclude the Flinstone vitamins

geek

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am