Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:46 am

    So according to the left, we are suppose to resist whomever Trump nominates to SCOTUS because the new justice will promptly invalidate Roe v Wade.


    First in the unlikely event this would happen, abortion would still be legal except the states which decide to make it illegal.  I would think its highly unlikely for any state to outlaw it completely.


    Second, if abortion is such a fundamental right, why not pass an amendment to the constitution making it legal regardless of what the courts think.  My understanding of the US Constitution is that an amendment is superior to a SCOTUS decision


    so why doesn't the left do it?  they are always claiming they have God on their side.  as well has History.  As well as popular support...


    If abortion is so universely accepted as a right, amending the constitution should be a cakewalk.


    speaking of cakes, why don't the left try to pass their definition of marriage instead of having it rammed down our throats by a handful of judges.


    Isn't it amazing that all the major advances of the left are forced upon the masses by active judges instead of popular sentiment being enacted by the legislature.  Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3645
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 58
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by jaywit on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:09 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote: Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated
    I don't think that's the case, Kark.  Of the last 7 presidential elections, the popular vote was won by the democrat candidate 6 times.  I think the fate of the republicans is significantly tied to the electoral college and gerrymandering.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 pm

    jaywit wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated
    I don't think that's the case, Kark.  Of the last 7 presidential elections, the popular vote was won by the democrat candidate 6 times.  I think the fate of the republicans is significantly tied to the electoral college and gerrymandering.

    Definitely.  This can surely change in a heartbeat, and we've all seen things change.  Not sure that current demographics have changed a whole hell of a lot, but I think you're going to see a higher rate of voter excitability from the left this year, probably akin to the GOP fervor in 2010.  The 2010 election didn't mean people were suddenly Republican...it meant Repubs were more inclined to vote.  The opposite may end up being true this year.  Plenty of time, still.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:05 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:So according to the left, we are suppose to resist whomever Trump nominates to SCOTUS because the new justice will promptly invalidate Roe v Wade.

    No.  The honest answer is the left is supposed to resist whomever Trump nominates because that's the current norm.  Win by any means necessary.  Any argument or reasoning they give is just a random marketing attempt that they hope sways the public so much that the senate can't ignore it.  All this blather about R v W is important to Dems, and they are hoping it'll be important to the public enough that they'll go ballistic.  Public sentiment supporting R v W is about 3 to 1-ish, give or take a few percentage points, so they hope taking this tact will work.  Not too sure it will, but their hands are tied so they're trying to talk their way out of the ties.  If I'm looking for a legit argument against a Trump nomination it's that I'm concerned he's placing a judge that will decide on his case (subpoena or whether he can be indicted), but I don't think the public gives a shit about that.  


    First in the unlikely event this would happen, abortion would still be legal except the states which decide to make it illegal.  I would think its highly unlikely for any state to outlaw it completely.

    Oh, you'd be surprised.  Fully expect places like Alabama and Texas and Oklahoma and Utah to try.  


    Second, if abortion is such a fundamental right, why not pass an amendment to the constitution making it legal regardless of what the courts think.  My understanding of the US Constitution is that an amendment is superior to a SCOTUS decision

    Is abortion a right?  Or is our medical, personal privacy a right?  I don't particularly see SCOTUS just summarily outlawing abortion.  Are they going to decide we no longer have a right to personal medical privacy? Doubt it.  Are they going to decide that a fetus is a person with rights and deserving of the same civil rights as the mommy?  Doubt it.  What they'll do is allow greater restrictions that make is much harder to get abortions in states that want the restrictions, such as forced penetration ultrasounds or forced guidelines that make it impossible to open a clinic in some states.  



    so why doesn't the left do it?  they are always claiming they have God on their side.  as well has History.  As well as popular support...If abortion is so universely accepted as a right, amending the constitution should be a cakewalk.

    Doesn't feel like it's universally accepted to me.  Majority support, yes.  


    speaking of cakes, why don't the left try to pass their definition of marriage instead of having it rammed down our throats by a handful of judges.

    Maybe they will if they get an across the board majority.  Same with abortion.  


    Isn't it amazing that all the major advances of the left are forced upon the masses by active judges instead of popular sentiment being enacted by the legislature.  Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:45 am

    jaywit wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated
    I don't think that's the case, Kark.  Of the last 7 presidential elections, the popular vote was won by the democrat candidate 6 times.  I think the fate of the republicans is significantly tied to the electoral college and gerrymandering.


    Trump won the majority of the vote among real citizens.  Illegals pushed Hillary over the top

    And Thank God for the Electorlal College.  Hillary advantage was all in California.  Didn’t Trump win 30 states?  I don’t think state lines are gerrymandered

    PS gerrymandering knocked Joe Walsh out of Congress, so that point swings both ways

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:58 am

    Hey RobZ

    If abortion is supported 3-1, then an amendment would pass easy

    Maybe you can start the cause instead of posting nonsense on an obscure nonsense ona message board.

    Better hurry, I hear millennial liberals are dumping the Democrat Party because the older generations give lip service to the cause and use fascist tactics when they do finally get off their asses

    But go ahead and keep believing people hate the roaring Trump economy and want the Nation flooded with illegals and their tax cuts taken away

    PS Hillary will be thrown in jail long b4 Trump is
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7660
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:42 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: Maybe the numbers and demographics the left think they have are vastly overrated
    I don't think that's the case, Kark.  Of the last 7 presidential elections, the popular vote was won by the democrat candidate 6 times.  I think the fate of the republicans is significantly tied to the electoral college and gerrymandering.


    Trump won the majority of the vote among real citizens.  Illegals pushed Hillary over the top

    Illuminati!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:10 am

    WHATEVER KEV


    JUST CHECK POLITICO


    Hillary 62,523,126   Trump 61,201,031  Percentage wise, that's a pussy hair over 1%


    Not only that, an estimated 42% of eligible voters decided it was better to stay home.


    so that's Hillary 29.3 %; Trump 28.7%; none of the above 42%


    ONCE AGAIN NOAH WINS THE PRESIDENCY


    **********************


    SO JAY


    I would say the fate of both parties, as well as any 3rd party is to figure out how to tap into the stay at home crowd.


    Now that will be a real wave.  And nobody knows if it is blue, red, purple, black, brown or my favorite lily white


    and to MR ROBZ


    ENJOY THE BIRTHDAY OF THIS NOW GREAT AGAIN NATION
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3645
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 58
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by jaywit on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:WHATEVER KEV


    JUST CHECK POLITICO


    Hillary 62,523,126   Trump 61,201,031  Percentage wise, that's a pussy hair over 1%


    Not only that, an estimated 42% of eligible voters decided it was better to stay home.


    so that's Hillary 29.3 %; Trump 28.7%; none of the above 42%


    ONCE AGAIN NOAH WINS THE PRESIDENCY


    **********************


    SO JAY


    I would say the fate of both parties, as well as any 3rd party is to figure out how to tap into the stay at home crowd.


    Now that will be a real wave.  And nobody knows if it is blue, red, purple, black, brown or my favorite lily white


    and to MR ROBZ


    ENJOY THE BIRTHDAY OF THIS NOW GREAT AGAIN NATION
    I don't buy into the illegal immigrant voter argument.



    There will always be a stay at home crowd.  I'm too lazy to google it but I'd expect the percentage of stay at home crowd varies by a few points every election.  On the years that a larger number turn to voting, it's probably going to be close to 50/50.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:57 pm

    The illegal voter argument is an argument without evidence or merit. It was hatched by Trump and Alex Jones to foment distrust if the election had gone to Hillary. The vote count is the vote count until proven otherwise. Otherwise, Gore won Florida in 2000, and Kerry won Ohio in 2004.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

    R v W is supported closer to 2-1. Not 3-1. I have seen a lot of polling and most fall into that range between 2 or 3 to 1 in favor. In order for an amendment to be considered, I believe congress needs to initiate, and that is a non-starter at the moment.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7660
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:43 pm

    jaywit wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:WHATEVER KEV


    JUST CHECK POLITICO


    Hillary 62,523,126   Trump 61,201,031  Percentage wise, that's a pussy hair over 1%


    Not only that, an estimated 42% of eligible voters decided it was better to stay home.


    so that's Hillary 29.3 %; Trump 28.7%; none of the above 42%


    ONCE AGAIN NOAH WINS THE PRESIDENCY


    **********************


    SO JAY


    I would say the fate of both parties, as well as any 3rd party is to figure out how to tap into the stay at home crowd.


    Now that will be a real wave.  And nobody knows if it is blue, red, purple, black, brown or my favorite lily white


    and to MR ROBZ


    ENJOY THE BIRTHDAY OF THIS NOW GREAT AGAIN NATION
    I don't buy into the illegal immigrant voter argument.



    There will always be a stay at home crowd.  I'm too lazy to google it but I'd expect the percentage of stay at home crowd varies by a few points every election.  On the years that a larger number turn to voting, it's probably going to be close to 50/50.

    I don't either. Only 58% of the eligible voters bothered to vote in 2016 which was similar to 2012.


    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/voter-turnout-2016-elections

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:45 am

    To Jay and Kev 

    THE KARK has a case of Old Stylr claiming that history will show illegals helped Hillary more than the Russians helped Trump

    PS, thanks to Kev for agreeing that 2/5 tend to sit home Presidential elections.  It can’t be as simple as avoiding jury duty, can it?
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 am

    Other than some clowns on Fox saying so, what on earth exists as evidence that illegals gave millions of illegal of votes to Hillary? That is quite possibly the stupidest of the multitude of stupid assertions you have vomited on us. Wouldn't one or two or a hundred or THOUSANDS have have been caught doing this? Did they catch even one? I got a case of Old Style that says you have lost all sense of reality.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:36 am

    This ridiculous concept isn't even remotely plausible. Who in their right mind would risk jail, a felony, fines, and deportation for a single vote? And in what state did this occur? Surely not California, where Trump claims it happened. Cali doesn't need any help electing dems.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:This ridiculous concept isn't even remotely plausible.  Who in their right mind would risk jail, a felony, fines, and deportation for a single vote?  And in what state did this occur?  Surely not California, where Trump claims it happened.  Cali doesn't need any help electing dems.




    why would people pay gang members to haul them across a dessert to enter a country illegally?!?!?!?


    so you ask why they would risk jail


    LMAO!!!!!


    Your half ass question based on a premise that is only plausible to you is not proof that illegals didn't vote


    which we all know some did.  I'm sure ACORN even registered them and told them it was their right.  and how about motor voter?!?!?!


    How many states give illegals driver licenses which automatically registers them


    You got 30 mil of them here.  I'm sure a handful slipped thru the cracks.


    so like your buddy Kev said, quit inventing your own information
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 am

    They enter the country illegally because getting caught doing it doesn't subject those folks to felonies on their records, or jail time.  Typically it just means they get sent back, and sometimes even that doesn't happen.  

    Acorn can't register them if they aren't citizens.  Getting a license doesn't automatically register you if you're not a citizen. 

    Even if a few slipped through the cracks, there is nothing to support the claims of millions by your crackpot hero and Alex Jones.  Nothing whatsoever.  There is zero to support this, except for you saying maybe it happened.  Perhaps if a SINGLE FUCKING illegal immigrant got caught illegally voting, one might be swayed to believe that a handful, or several, or many voted illegally.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:I got a case of Old Style that says you have lost all sense of reality.


    This coming from a math major that allowed himself to be duped for a decade by another board members invented math just because he couldn't stand the thought the KARK being 100% correct from day one regarding 1.8.  The real person that lost his mind is the one inventing his own correlation coefficient instead of just opening a textbook


    PS, a gallon of gas is solidly in the 2's in my neck of the woods.  so your claim that I missed the boat is an example of your insanity and dishonestly, not mine


    PSS, still think heroin should be legal?!?!?!?  How about how Gacy never should have been executed.  And you call me crazy


    LMAO

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:47 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:They enter the country illegally because getting caught doing it doesn't subject those folks to felonies on their records, or jail time.  Typically it just means they get sent back, and sometimes even that doesn't happen.  

    Acorn can't register them if they aren't citizens.  Getting a license doesn't automatically register you if you're not a citizen. 

    Even if a few slipped through the cracks, there is nothing to support the claims of millions by your crackpot hero and Alex Jones.  Nothing whatsoever.  There is zero to support this, except for you saying maybe it happened.  Perhaps if a SINGLE FUCKING illegal immigrant got caught illegally voting, one might be swayed to believe that a handful, or several, or many voted illegally.



    LMAO!!!!!


    Mickey Mouse gets registered a million times every election cycle!!!!


    But go ahead and keep thinking that crossing the order is like crossing the street.  Use your fucking brain and realize the danger is in the crossing.  If these people are willing to risk their daughters getting raped and sold by human traffickers, I'm sure a felon is a walk in the park.  You need to quit thinking the world is like your posh suburb


    PS, just when is Trump going to jail?!?!?!?  amazing how an ounce of evidence has yet to be found and you and your ilk still believe impeachment is just days away.  Can you say Delusional

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:58 am

    https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-votes-by-noncitizens-cost-trump-the-2016-popular-vote-sure-looks-that-way/




    once again it appears Mr RobZ jumped to a conclusion without any vetting.


    Just like he did when he made up his own science regarding ice ages


    anybody else find it hillarious that the premise of RobZ stance is that illegals behave legally once here?!?


    Maybe Mr RobZ would use his brain and understand that is they all undocumented valadictorians just wanted to live and be part of the american dream, than this wouldn't be an issue
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:06 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:They enter the country illegally because getting caught doing it doesn't subject those folks to felonies on their records, or jail time.  Typically it just means they get sent back, and sometimes even that doesn't happen.  

    Acorn can't register them if they aren't citizens.  Getting a license doesn't automatically register you if you're not a citizen. 

    Even if a few slipped through the cracks, there is nothing to support the claims of millions by your crackpot hero and Alex Jones.  Nothing whatsoever.  There is zero to support this, except for you saying maybe it happened.  Perhaps if a SINGLE FUCKING illegal immigrant got caught illegally voting, one might be swayed to believe that a handful, or several, or many voted illegally.



    LMAO!!!!!


    Mickey Mouse gets registered a million times every election cycle!!!!


    But go ahead and keep thinking that crossing the order is like crossing the street.  Use your fucking brain and realize the danger is in the crossing.  If these people are willing to risk their daughters getting raped and sold by human traffickers, I'm sure a felon is a walk in the park.  You need to quit thinking the world is like your posh suburb


    PS, just when is Trump going to jail?!?!?!?  amazing how an ounce of evidence has yet to be found and you and your ilk still believe impeachment is just days away.  Can you say Delusional

    I don't think he's going to jail.  And if he's impeached, he won't be convicted, so I don't see the point.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/did-votes-by-noncitizens-cost-trump-the-2016-popular-vote-sure-looks-that-way/




    once again it appears Mr RobZ jumped to a conclusion without any vetting.


    Just like he did when he made up his own science regarding ice ages


    anybody else find it hillarious that the premise of RobZ stance is that illegals behave legally once here?!?


    Maybe Mr RobZ would use his brain and understand that is they all undocumented valadictorians just wanted to live and be part of the american dream, than this wouldn't be an issue

    Yeah, ok.  Ya sure got me this time.  Some conservative publication says that maybe there was voter fraud.  Wow!  I stand corrected.  Zero evidence.  Just some people sitting around supposing something fishy happened.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:anybody else find it hillarious that the premise of RobZ stance is that illegals behave legally once here?!?

    I would say my premise is that they aren't going out and committing felonies and mass voter fraud if there's nothing directly in it for them.  I think they're just a BIT smarter than that.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8015
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:


    PS, a gallon of gas is solidly in the 2's in my neck of the woods.  so your claim that I missed the boat is an example of your insanity and dishonestly, not mine

    Missed the boat on what, exactly?  What is your point on this topic?  Gas in the $2's?  $2.80?  2.70?  Ok, great.  I knew that, but thanks for telling me.  Nobody thinks $2.75 gas is $2 gas except for maybe you.


    PSS, still think heroin should be legal?!?!?!?
    Folks shouldn't be arrested and jailed for possession of it.  If that means it's legal, then yes.  

      How about how Gacy never should have been executed.  And you call me crazy
    Not sure what my views on capital punishment or drug legalization have to do with much of anything.  I don't call you crazy.  I call you a heartless asshole.  



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

    This post was made by Soxillinirob who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.


    TO CLICK OR NOT TO CLICK

    MAYBE LATER.  NOT ENOUGH PISS AND VINEGAR IN THE GAS TANK. 

    BUT PLENTY OF $2 GAS.  LMAO!!!!!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: The left's intellectual dishonesty regarding Kennedy's replacement

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:25 pm