Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

where is obama declining deficit?!?!?!?

where is obama declining deficit?!?!?!?

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:20 pm

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, HERE ARE THE REAL NUMBERS ACCORDING TO OUR GOVT

2007-160,701
    2008-458,553
    2009-1,412,688
    2010-1,294,373
    2011-1,299,599
    2012-1,086,955
    2013-679,542
    2014-484,600
    2015-438,496
    2016-584,651
    2017-665,372
    2018 estimate-832,632

JUST WHERE IS THIS MASSIVE WAVE OF DEFICIT DECLINING FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY OF OBAMA CLAIMED BY MR ROBZ?!?!?!?

B4 the shit it the fan, the deficit was $160
    2008, the year the shit hit the fan $458.

It took 6 years for the policies of Obama to get below that number and just barely.  Then it shot right back up.

And just what the hell is the excuse for four straight year of trillion plus?!?!?!?  That ain't all Bushes fault.  and just what do we have to show for all that spending?  At least the Reagan Debt gave us the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of the cold war.

BTW, that 2018 estimate appears to be over stated.  At the end of April, the current year deficit is $385.  More than half way thru the year and less than half way to the estimate.  You don't have to be a CPA with a 135 IQ to see that the current trend is that the 2018 deficit will come in well below the $832 esitmate.

Wow, tax revenue much higher than anticpated.  Deficits lower than anticipated.  Maybe the Schmuck from St chuck should stop using outdated info.  Otherwise, one might get the impression he is lying to us again
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: where is obama declining deficit?!?!?!?

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:And just what the hell is the excuse for four straight year of trillion plus?!?!?!?  That ain't all Bushes fault. 

I'm not about assigning blame.  Huge tax cuts, giving away revenue, combined with worst recession in 80 yrs.  Tax cuts combined with a recession = devastating effect on the deficit.

BTW, that 2018 estimate appears to be over stated.  At the end of April, the current year deficit is $385.  More than half way thru the year and less than half way to the estimate.  You don't have to be a CPA with a 135 IQ to see that the current trend is that the 2018 deficit will come in well below the $832 esitmate.

Aren't we always in better shape during the early portion of the year when taxes are flowing in during tax time?  I doubt the CBO isn't aware of this.  

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:32 pm

AND THIS IS HOW ROBZ LIES TO US ALL.

SINCE 2013 IS MORE THAN HALF OF 2009, HE CLAIMS IT IS SOME KIND OF HISTORIC REDUCTION.

However, the claim is absolutely absurd because at the time, it was still the 5th worse annual deficit ever.  The worst 5 all occuring from 2009 to 2013.  Fives year to cut the worst deficit ever in half and you are still 4 times greater than 2007 when thing where suppose to be normal.  This is what you call fiscal responsibility?!?!?

The average Bush Deficit from 2002-2008 is $305Billion.  There wasn't a single year Obama came anywhere near a deficit that low.  and RobZ wants us to believe Obama fixed the economy and was great for the stock market and was fiscally responsible?!?!?!!?

How much reality does one have to ignore and how many false premises does one have to invent to believe such utter bullcrap

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:And just what the hell is the excuse for four straight year of trillion plus?!?!?!?  That ain't all Bushes fault. 

I'm not about assigning blame.  Huge tax cuts, giving away revenue, combined with worst recession in 80 yrs.  Tax cuts combined with a recession = devastating effect on the deficit.

LMAO!!!!!  WHAT WAS THE YEAR OF THE HUGE OBAMA TAX CUT?!?!?!?

The Fed was collecting an average 2.5trillion a year from 2006 to 2008.  1/2 a trillion more than 2000, Clinton's last year.  Where is the give away?

Aren't we always in better shape during the early portion of the year when taxes are flowing in during tax time?  I doubt the CBO isn't aware of this.  

Once again you just invent crap with out checking the reality.  Ever here of quarterly payments?!?!  You have zero proof that earlier is always better.  You just invented that statement hoping its right.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

The Fed was collecting an average 2.5trillion a year from 2006 to 2008.  1/2 a trillion more than 2000, Clinton's last year.  Where is the give away?

Revenues dropped in 2002 and 2003.  Shouldn't they have gone up? 
    CBO estimates are that Bush tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and created a sizeable revenue decline for treasury.

CBO estimates in 2012 were that the Bush cuts added $1.5 trillion to the debt during 2002-2011.
    CBO estimates that they will have added $3 trillion to the debt during 2010 to 2019

Lemme guess...we can't trust the CBO because some partisan hack in Romeoville has a high IQ and says they are full of shit?

Revenues were at $2 Trill in 2000
    Revs were at 1.88 Trill in 2004
    Of course you want to tout 2006.  We were in an up cycle then.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:AND THIS IS HOW ROBZ LIES TO US ALL.
    SINCE 2013 IS MORE THAN HALF OF 2009, HE CLAIMS IT IS SOME KIND OF HISTORIC REDUCTION.

Maybe you need to go back and do some rereading.  First, I never believed or stated that any such reduction was BECAUSE of Obama.  I didn't think that.  I didn't say it.  I don't believe it.  The "historic reduction" was stated in an article in Forbes whereby the author noted that there was no other 4 or 5 yr span in history where the deficit fell as much over such a period as 2010 through 2015 (or 2009 to 2014...whatever).  Those aren't my words.  They are someone else's.  I've stated this over and over.  Deficit fell from $1.3 trillion to $440 billion during that span.  Never mind pestering me about why or how or what not.  I don't really give a fuck.  If you want to make an argument that such a drop is inconsequential then go ahead, but none of this is evidence that I lied about anything, and I'm PRETTY SURE that the readers here (all 3 of them) understand that I didn't lie about this.  I have nothing to gain if I lie, and nothing to lose by telling the truth.  

However, the claim is absolutely absurd because at the time, it was still the 5th worse annual deficit ever.

Like I said....I don't really give a fuck.  "Worst annual deficit ever" is a fairly relative term.  I recall that it was something like 2.4% of the GDP that year.  I wonder if that's in the top 5 worst ever deficits?  If so, ok.  If not, I still don't give a fuck...because it's not my claim.  I double checked.  Looks like there are MANY above 2.4% of GDP, including pretty much Reagan's entire eight yrs and about five of Bush's eight years.  Percentage of GDP is about the most reasonable way i can find to compare, since it accounts for inflation and growth.  Your way of comparing deficits is like comparing ticket sales to a recent Star Wars movie ($10 a ticket) to a movie 40 yrs ago when movie tickets were 2.50 apiece.  

The worst 5 all occuring from 2009 to 2013.  Fives year to cut the worst deficit ever in half and you are still 4 times greater than 2007 when thing where suppose to be normal.  This is what you call fiscal responsibility?!?!?

No.  I don't call it that.  I don't call it anything.  I never claimed Obama was "fiscally responsible" nor did I claim he was "fiscally irresponsible."  You like to put words in my mouth that I didn't say, and then call me a liar.  It's your mantra, and the readers here are well aware of it.  Some of them have told me to my face that they know you are making shit up so that you can then call it a lie.  Not sure what you gain from it, but have at it.  I'm actually pretty comfortable with my presence here and I believe people know me to be pretty straightforward and not lying.  Now I will go out on a limb and state in plain words that the GOP is way fucking fiscally irresponsible, and then when a Dem is in office they seek to pin it on him.  in my lifetime that's my observation and opinion.

The average Bush Deficit from 2002-2008 is $305Billion.  There wasn't a single year Obama came anywhere near a deficit that low.  and RobZ wants us to believe Obama fixed the economy and was great for the stock market and was fiscally responsible?!?!?!!?

Bush was handed a significant surplus and blew it up and took away future revs with his tax cuts and handed Obama a massive deficit.  It's somehow Obama's fault that things didn't return to Bush's $300 billion annual deficit?  How do I know that Bush didn't set us up for future failure through longer term expenditures that couldn't be met?  It's easy to see that Obama didn't exactly blow up federal spending during his years in office.  Versus inflation, his spending growth is almost a non-issue and remains fairly flat during his full 8 years if you consider inflation.  I don't say that to take all of the onus off of the Obama administration, but his hands were somewhat tied being in a massive recession.  You don't exactly cut spending during the worst recession in 80 yrs.  That's lunacy.  And that's why I consistently note that you raise taxes and cut spending during boom times, and then lower taxes and increase spending during recessions, while meeting somewhere in the middle during flat times.  

The fact remains that Bush and the GOP took a huge surplus and found a way to turn it into a significant deficit for 7 yrs and then a massive deficit for the final year.  that's factual.   

If you want to consider wasting my time and everyone else's with your ridiculous and ongoing banter about me being a liar, rather than just admitting you like to call me a liar because you disagree with me, well then I will do everyone a favor and cease any and all further exchanges with you.  There's nothing to gain from it anyway.  You used to be someone I considered a friend.  I actually defended you to Sharpy.  God knows why.  If you can't tackle issue with honesty and decency, then I'll happily find another outlet and I can just talk baseball here with Roger and Kevin when the mood suits me.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Revenues dropped in 2002 and 2003.  Shouldn't they have gone up? 
    CBO estimates are that Bush tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and created a sizeable revenue decline for treasury.

AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA'S HORRIBLE RECORD

CBO estimates in 2012 were that the Bush cuts added $1.5 trillion to the debt during 2002-2011.
    CBO estimates that they will have added $3 trillion to the debt during 2010 to 2019

Lemme guess...we can't trust the CBO because some partisan hack in Romeoville has a high IQ and says they are full of shit?

AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA'S HORRIBLE RECORD.  AND IN TYPICAL SCHMUCK FASHION, YOU USE INSULTS INSTEAD OF FACTS AND REASON

Revenues were at $2 Trill in 2000
    Revs were at 1.88 Trill in 2004
    Of course you want to tout 2006.  We were in an up cycle then.

AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA'S HORRIBLE RECORD.

TYPICAL ROBZ.  NAIL HIS ASS TO THE WALL AND HE CHANGES THE SUBJECT

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:AND THIS IS HOW ROBZ LIES TO US ALL.

Maybe you need to go back and do some rereading.  First, I never believed or stated that any such reduction was BECAUSE of Obama.  I didn't think that.  I didn't say it.  I don't believe it.  The "historic reduction" was stated in an article in Forbes whereby the author noted that there was no other 4 or 5 yr span in history where the deficit fell as much over such a period as 2010 through 2015 (or 2009 to 2014...whatever).  Those aren't my words.  They are someone else's.  I've stated this over and over.  Deficit fell from $1.3 trillion to $440 billion during that span.  Never mind pestering me about why or how or what not.  I don't really give a fuck.  If you want to make an argument that such a drop is inconsequential then go ahead, but none of this is evidence that I lied about anything, and I'm PRETTY SURE that the readers here (all 3 of them) understand that I didn't lie about this.  I have nothing to gain if I lie, and nothing to lose by telling the truth. 

GIVE ME A BREAK.  OK, YOU QUOTED IT.  WHY?  YOU MUST BELIEVE IT.  LOOK HOW LONG YOU DEFENDED IT.  YOU CERTAINLY DIDN'T VET IT.  THE 2007 DEFICIT WAS PRACTICALLY HALF THE 2005.  ANYWAY.  THE FORBES ARTICLE PAINTS A FALSE NARRATIVE.  A FALSE NARRATIVE YOU HAVE CONSTANTLY REPEATED AND DEFENDED.  SO YOU OWN IT.  I'M SURE THE REST OF THE BOARD UNDERSTAND THAT

AND YOU DID YOU THE PHRASE "POLICIES OF OBAMA" WHEN FIRST QUOTING THE ARTICLE.  OR MAYBE IT WAS PART OF THE QUOTE.  EITHER WAY, THE CLAIM MADE BY WHOEVER IS TOTAL NONSENSE AND EASILY PROVEN SO

However, the claim is absolutely absurd because at the time, it was still the 5th worse annual deficit ever.

Like I said....I don't really give a fuck.  "Worst annual deficit ever" is a fairly relative term.  I recall that it was something like 2.4% of the GDP that year.  I wonder if that's in the top 5 worst ever deficits?  If so, ok.  If not, I still don't give a fuck...because it's not my claim.  I double checked.  Looks like there are MANY above 2.4% of GDP, including pretty much Reagan's entire eight yrs and about five of Bush's eight years.  Percentage of GDP is about the most reasonable way i can find to compare, since it accounts for inflation and growth.  Your way of comparing deficits is like comparing ticket sales to a recent Star Wars movie ($10 a ticket) to a movie 40 yrs ago when movie tickets were 2.50 apiece.  

YOU SURE DO WRITE ALOT FOR NOT GIVING FUCK.  TYPICALLY ROBZ.  SPEWS HIS SELF RIGHTEOUS NONSENSE.  GETS HIS ASS NAILED TO THE WALL.  THEN PRESENTS HIS PHONY EXPERTS WHICH ARE EASILY REFUTED.  THEN HE CLAIMS HE DOESN'T CARE AND OR ITS ALL UNPROVABLE.

The worst 5 all occuring from 2009 to 2013.  Fives year to cut the worst deficit ever in half and you are still 4 times greater than 2007 when thing where suppose to be normal.  This is what you call fiscal responsibility?!?!?

No.  I don't call it that.  I don't call it anything.  I never claimed Obama was "fiscally responsible" nor did I claim he was "fiscally irresponsible."  You like to put words in my mouth that I didn't say, and then call me a liar.  It's your mantra, and the readers here are well aware of it.  Some of them have told me to my face that they know you are making shit up so that you can then call it a lie.  Not sure what you gain from it, but have at it.  I'm actually pretty comfortable with my presence here and I believe people know me to be pretty straightforward and not lying.  Now I will go out on a limb and state in plain words that the GOP is way fucking fiscally irresponsible, and then when a Dem is in office they seek to pin it on him.  in my lifetime that's my observation and opinion.

HILLARIOUS. YOU DON'T BLAME ANYBODY THEN ITS ALL THE GOP FAULT.  BUT I GUESS I PUT WORD IN PEOPLES MOUTH.  ANOTHER LIE.  

Bush was handed a significant surplus and blew it up and took away future revs with his tax cuts and handed Obama a massive deficit.  It's somehow Obama's fault that things didn't return to Bush's $300 billion annual deficit?  How do I know that Bush didn't set us up for future failure through longer term expenditures that couldn't be met?  It's easy to see that Obama didn't exactly blow up federal spending during his years in office.  Versus inflation, his spending growth is almost a non-issue and remains fairly flat during his full 8 years if you consider inflation.  I don't say that to take all of the onus off of the Obama administration, but his hands were somewhat tied being in a massive recession.  You don't exactly cut spending during the worst recession in 80 yrs.  That's lunacy.  And that's why I consistently note that you raise taxes and cut spending during boom times, and then lower taxes and increase spending during recessions, while meeting somewhere in the middle during flat times.  

The fact remains that Bush and the GOP took a huge surplus and found a way to turn it into a significant deficit for 7 yrs and then a massive deficit for the final year.  that's factual. 

BLAME BUSH BLAME BUSH BLAME BUSH.  EVER THINK MAYBE THEY BOTH SUCKED? 

If you want to consider wasting my time and everyone else's with your ridiculous and ongoing banter about me being a liar, rather than just admitting you like to call me a liar because you disagree with me, well then I will do everyone a favor and cease any and all further exchanges with you.  There's nothing to gain from it anyway.  You used to be someone I considered a friend.  I actually defended you to Sharpy.  God knows why.  If you can't tackle issue with honesty and decency, then I'll happily find another outlet and I can just talk baseball here with Roger and Kevin when the mood suits me.

I CALL YOU A LIAR BECAUSE YOU CONSTANTLY LIE TO ME ON THIS BOARD.  FROM $2 GAS TO 1.8.  YOU JUST LIE LIE LIE.  YOU KNOW DAMN WELL I WAS 100% CORRECT ON BOTH AND YOU TELL ME I MISSED THE BOAT.

EVEN KEVIN POINTED OUT ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS YOU JUST MAKING UP INFORMATION

MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY REMEMBERING THE CRAP YOU POST AND STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF.  MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE INSTEAD OF ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO DELIBERATELY DISAGREE WITH PEOPLE.  LIKE YOU DID WITH ASS SMOOTHIES AND BILL JAMES DP EXPECTANCY

MAYBE IN REL LIFE YOU ARE DECENT.  BUT WHEN YOU POST HERE, YOU ARE ARROGANT AND CONDESCENDING.  YOU NEVER CONCEDE ANY POINT NO MATTER HOW SMALL.  NEVER ADMIT TO BEING WRONG NO MATTER HOW OBVIOUS.  YOU CONSTANTLY MAKE STATEMENTS AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE ROCK SOLID FACTS BUT YOU NEVER VERIFIED IF THEY ARE EVEN REMOTELY TRUE.  jUST LIKE YOU DID WITH ICE AGES.  AND YOU WANT TO CHASTIZE ME ABOUT HONESTY AND DECENCY, PU-LEAZE.

PS, I NEVER CALLED YOU A LIAR WHEN DISCUSSING GAYS OR ANY SUBJECT WHERE THE EVIDENCE WASN'T OVERWHELMING IN MY FAVOR.  SO MAYBE IT IS YOU THAT NEEDS TO GO BACK AND LEARN HOW TO READ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm