Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Common sense slowly making a come back

Common sense slowly making a come back

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Travel ban

Janus decision

Sanity coming back to the COURT!!!!!

Thank God Mitch McConnell had the balls to screw Obama out of that last Supreme Court decision.

Yes, it was a total bullshit move.  But all is fair in Love and War and this Nation is in a cultural civil war.  Winning by any means beats the hell out of being a loser with principals
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Common sense slowly making a come back

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Works ok for me as long as nobody expects civility anymore.  If we're going to have a cultural civil war and a political civil war, I like where my side is sitting in terms of numbers and demographics.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:59 pm

I sure don't need Maxine Waters, an ignoramus, speaking for my side.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Travel ban

Janus decision

Thank God Mitch McConnell had the balls to screw Obama out of that last Supreme Court decision.

Yes, it was a total bullshit move.  But all is fair in Love and War and this Nation is in a cultural civil war.  Winning by any means beats the hell out of being a loser with principals

Janus has driven me out of the Republican party. Consider me an independent. The Republican party has just told me that they don't want me. Fuck Trump! Fuck Gorsuch.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:I sure don't need Maxine Waters, an ignoramus, speaking for my side.

yeah, she sure isn't helping the general cause.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Gee, Kevin, after all these years of voting against your own self interest the light has shone through.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:35 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Gee, Kevin, after all these years of voting against your own self interest the light has shone through.

There are more reasons to vote other than one's own "self interests." But this is a line in the sand. 

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:29 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Works ok for me as long as nobody expects civility anymore.  If we're going to have a cultural civil war and a political civil war, I like where my side is sitting in terms of numbers and demographics.

LMAO!!!!!!

You over rate yourself

Always have, always will

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:39 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Gee, Kevin, after all these years of voting against your own self interest the light has shone through.

My economic self interest has taken off like a rocket the past year and a half.

But the what really is economic self interest?

In Denmark, they have the free college and free healthcare that some here think are human rights.  But they also pay $7 for a gallon of gas and $60K for a Honda Civic because the gov taxes the crap out of everything.

The fragile egos on this board refuse to discuss that latter part in an adult like matter.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:47 am

alohafri wrote:

Janus decision

Janus has driven me out of the Republican party. Consider me an independent. The Republican party has just told me that they don't want me. Fuck Trump! Fuck Gorsuch.

Kevin,

This is not a Republican or a Democrat thing.  This is a rule of law thing.  As you know, SCOTUS is suppose to rule on the constitutionality of the case.  Not judge whether or not it is good or bad or the Nation.

If you look at the five big cases decided, you will see and underlying theme of Liberty and Equality

1) Sales Tax, giving the ever changing world, the court recognize that a cyber presence is a physical presence and now place internet retail on a level playing field with brick and mortar.

2) Travel ban, non citizens do not have a right to enter this Nation.  WE THE PEOPLE have a right to exclude those who we have good reason to believe will be detrimentally to our Nation from entering our borders

3) Gay wedding cakes, nobody should be forced to particapate in a religous ceremony against their will

4) Abortion, nobody should be compelled to shill for abortion against their will

5) Janus, people cannot be forced to unionize or be compelled to join a union against their will

Since you are an American history buff, I would think such an obvious underlying theme of Liberty and Equality would have been self evident to you.  As a teacher of children, I would think you'd understand the concept of the greater good should be pursued instead of sweetheart deals gamed by special interests in a rigged system.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in your reaction to the Janus case.  However, I am not at all surprised.

XOXOOXOXO
    THE KARK
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Janus decision

Kevin,

This is not a Republican or a Democrat thing.  This is a rule of law thing.  As you know, SCOTUS is suppose to rule on the constitutionality of the case.  Not judge whether or not it is good or bad or the Nation.

If you look at the five big cases decided, you will see and underlying theme of Liberty and Equality

1) Sales Tax, giving the ever changing world, the court recognize that a cyber presence is a physical presence and now place internet retail on a level playing field with brick and mortar.

2) Travel ban, non citizens do not have a right to enter this Nation.  WE THE PEOPLE have a right to exclude those who we have good reason to believe will be detrimentally to our Nation from entering our borders

3) Gay wedding cakes, nobody should be forced to particapate in a religous ceremony against their will

4) Abortion, nobody should be compelled to shill for abortion against their will

5) Janus, people cannot be forced to unionize or be compelled to join a union against their will

Since you are an American history buff, I would think such an obvious underlying theme of Liberty and Equality would have been self evident to you.  As a teacher of children, I would think you'd understand the concept of the greater good should be pursued instead of sweetheart deals gamed by special interests in a rigged system.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in your reaction to the Janus case.  However, I am not at all surprised.

XOXOOXOXO
    THE KARK

So, a corporation is a person, but a union isn't?

I would have much less problem with the Janus decision if it meant that I didn't have to support freeloaders who do stupid things on the job. But no. A freeloader does something that an administrator doesn't like and gets called into the office for discipline, I have to go with him and support and represent him. If the freeloader wants nothing to do with the union, he should have nothing to do with the union. The freeloader should go right ahead and negotiate his own pay and benefits.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Was Janus a freeloader or a free lancer?!?!?!

Don't disagree with the rest.  At least the discipline part.  Believe it or not, THE KARK is a former IBEW member.  I gladly joined the union.  I remember once we were thinking of striking and a good friend of mine was open about crossING the picket line.  I warned him that's a good way to get your legs broken.  He laughed and suggested that I couldn't break his legs even if I wanted to.  Which I countered,correct, but I can set you up with the guys that can

Anyway, I digest.

If management wants to DISCUSS something with me and I am non union, then I'm either by myself or I'm offering top dollar to Rosebowl to get me out of a jam.

As for the pay, gotta disagree.  Pay below scale and that's an incentive to under cut the union.  Pay higher, and you have the union demanding that for everybody.

Here are a couple of other items to consider Kevin

Life is a paradox

The best path in life is the middle one

In closing, the KARK knows damn well unions have done a lot of good for this Nation.  I also know they have abused their power in the past.  Not sure where Janus falls in that scale.

XOXOXOXO
    THE KARK
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Was Janus a freeloader or a free lancer?!?!?!

Don't disagree with the rest.  At least the discipline part.  Believe it or not, THE KARK is a former IBEW member.  I gladly joined the union.  I remember once we were thinking of striking and a good friend of mine was open about crossING the picket line.  I warned him that's a good way to get your legs broken.  He laughed and suggested that I couldn't break his legs even if I wanted to.  Which I countered,correct, but I can set you up with the guys that can

Anyway, I digest.

If management wants to DISCUSS something with me and I am non union, then I'm either by myself or I'm offering top dollar to Rosebowl to get me out of a jam.

As for the pay, gotta disagree.  Pay below scale and that's an incentive to under cut the union.  Pay higher, and you have the union demanding that for everybody.

Here are a couple of other items to consider Kevin

Life is a paradox

The best path in life is the middle one

In closing, the KARK knows damn well unions have done a lot of good for this Nation.  I also know they have abused their power in the past.  Not sure where Janus falls in that scale.

XOXOXOXO
    THE KARK

If Janus is allowed to use the benefits of the union without paying for them, he is a freeloader. This decision allows him to do so.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:17 am

but are those benefits forced upon him?

Kinda like how social security and medicare are forced upon all of use.

I somehow doubt Janus needed a union rep for a disciplinary hearing.  Plus his position used to be optional.

Maybe Janus wouldn't have sued if unions where a tad more frugal and prudent with political donations
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:but are those benefits forced upon him?

Kinda like how social security and medicare are forced upon all of use.

I somehow doubt Janus needed a union rep for a disciplinary hearing.  Plus his position used to be optional.

Maybe Janus wouldn't have sued if unions where a tad more frugal and prudent with political donations

Perhaps corporations shouldn't be considered people. Perhaps all "big money" needs to come out of politics.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

alohafri wrote:

Perhaps corporations shouldn't be considered people. Perhaps all "big money" needs to come out of politics.

THE LIBERAL BANKERS WILL NEVER ALLOW IT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm