Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

SELL EVERYTHING B4 ITS TOO LATE

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

SELL EVERYTHING B4 ITS TOO LATE

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm

According to the frat boy, this economy is more phony than the math Roger invented!!!!!!

Quick

Sell everything and build a tiny house out of earth bags in the middle of nowhere and enjoy your carbon neutral existence while waiting for Armageddon!!!!!

BELIEVE IN RACHEL MADDOW AND THE FRAT BOY
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Re: SELL EVERYTHING B4 ITS TOO LATE

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:According to the frat boy, this economy is more phony than the math Roger invented!!!!!!

Quick

Sell everything and build a tiny house out of earth bags in the middle of nowhere and enjoy your carbon neutral existence while waiting for Armageddon!!!!!

BELIEVE IN RACHEL MADDOW AND THE FRAT BOY

I made it nearly 30 years without having to sell my valuable Bulls memorabilia that I got working at the Chicago Stadium, but thanks to the tax scam, I'm in the process of fully liquidating.  Heritage Auctions, who just sold the Mickey Mantle baseball card for a record $2.88 million, is auctioning my game worn, autographed basketball gear.   I'm hoping it'll get me a semester or two in tuition.  It's a shame.  It was supposed to be handed down to my kids, but tough times call for hard decisions.

Here's my listing for Jordan's shoes.  Bidding started yesterday.  

https://sports.ha.com/itm/basketball-collectibles/others/1989-90-michael-jordan-game-worn-and-signed-v-air-jordan-sneakers-attributed-to-eastern-conference-finals-vs-pistons/a/50002-50725.s?ic2=myconsignmentspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyConsignment-112816
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Cry me a river whack job
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Cry me a river whack job

That's Titless to you.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:55 am

Good one Blondy

I was just reminded why I want to like you

BTW, instead of advocating this real estate tax as a charity nonsense, demand Springfield cap REtax at2%.  This not only mitigates your SALT problem, but lowers your monthly escrow and increases the value of your home

Clearly a far superior solution
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Good one Blondy

BTW, instead of advocating this real estate tax as a charity nonsense, demand Springfield cap REtax at2%.  This not only mitigates your SALT problem, but lowers your monthly escrow and increases the value of your home

I'll take any solution that doesn't fuck over my family and reward some basement dweller couple.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 pm

I don't know enough about state gov't to know if this is even allowable.  When you say cap it at 2%, are you talking 2% of appraised value or assessed value or something?  I know out here by me, our RE tax is about 3% of our home value.  If that got cut to 2%, I can't imagine how many people would be thrown out of work, and schools closed and public works cut and so forth.  I've heard that our taxes are a bit higher because homes aren't as tightly compacted in my area.  Larger lots and a lot of open space out by me.  Maybe that means that they can't be as efficient about how they do public works.  Not sure.  We have a ton of park space here, too.  Maybe that's costing the taxes extra.  I love it out here, though.  It's worth the higher taxes to us.  
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 am

Soxillinirob wrote:

I don't know enough about state gov't to know if this is even allowable.  When you say cap it at 2%, are you talking 2% of appraised value or assessed value or something?  I know out here by me, our RE tax is about 3% of our home value.  If that got cut to 2%, I can't imagine how many people would be thrown out of work, and schools closed and public works cut and so forth.  I've heard that our taxes are a bit higher because homes aren't as tightly compacted in my area.  Larger lots and a lot of open space out by me.  Maybe that means that they can't be as efficient about how they do public works.  Not sure.  We have a ton of park space here, too.  Maybe that's costing the taxes extra.  I love it out here, though.  It's worth the higher taxes to us.  

DOI.  I didn't know what a retax was.  Yes, I'm in agreement with you.  My preference, as I've said, is that the federal government return every dollar we send to Washington back to our state.  It's B.S. that the GOP thinks this scam will force high property tax states to reduce property taxes.  And while we're at it, I'm against reducing our state income tax, too.  When we're in such debt, we can't dig our way out by reducing our income...it's gotta be a combination of increased income and reduction in spending.  No different than personal debt.  Just give us our federal dollars back.  And bring back the personal exemption so the 19-year-old basement dwelling couple doesn't have the same tax benefit that my family of 5 receives.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Hilarious!!!!!

Taxes paid to IL good

Taxes paid when we have a Republican President bad

Blondy, ever hear of population flight.  Taxes and expensive regulations is why IL typically is a leader in population flight.  

BTW, you do know lower property taxes means higher home value dontcha
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:04 pm

LMAO

Blondy says cut spending

She one of the first to whine about any cuts being draconian 

Every serious economist I have read claims the Trump tax cuts are good for America.  But we should all believe a clearly biased woman who is not a CPA and is clearly panicking instead of waiting to see what is truly in the bill.

350 days away from having to pay what will most likely be crumbs and she’s on eBay selling off family heirlooms.  This is almost as retarded as inventing your own math instead of simply opening a twxtbook.  No surprise RobZ backs ya
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Hilarious!!!!!

Taxes paid to IL good

Blondy, ever hear of population flight.  Taxes and expensive regulations is why IL typically is a leader in population flight.  

There are a lot of things that mean higher home value. Schools, services, location, location, location.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Learn how to read teach

Blondy can’t move her house

Maybe you should try understanding the point I am making instead of automatically disagreeing with it.

Simple math.  Cut property taxes, property values will rise
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Learn how to read teach

Maybe you should try understanding the point I am making instead of automatically disagreeing with it.

Learn how to read accountant. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that there are a lot of things that go into home value. To narrow it down to one thing for your talking point is illogical.

So, if DuPage County simply cuts property taxes, home values will go up? Despite less money to pay for services like schools, police, fire, road construction, etc.? 

I see a house listed in Phoenix, Illinois. The property taxes are a low low $2069. The value of the home? $66, 899. You want low taxes? Phoenix is your place!

Have you ever priced homes in places like Charleston, South Carolina, for example? Low taxes, but the values on those houses are low compared to Illinois. 

You simply made a statement ("BTW, you do know lower property taxes mean higher home values dontcha"). All I did was correctly point out that there is much more to home values than property taxes.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 am

Talk about completely distorting what I said....

Whatever Rob JR
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Talk about completely distorting what I said....

Whatever Rob JR

The sin of omission.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Hilarious!!!!!

Taxes paid to IL good

Interesting how you assess that.  First, I'm fine with paying MY FAIR SHARE of taxes under any president, as long as 1) Our state gets back every dollar we send to Washington.  Fuck South Carolina and those mooches.  And 2) The basement dwellers don't get a tax break while middle class families like yours and mine get screwed.  

If Illinois didn't have a flat tax, I would have been more nuanced in my support of maintaining the current income tax.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:36 pm

alohafri wrote:

Learn how to read accountant. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that there are a lot of things that go into home value. To narrow it down to one thing for your talking point is illogical.

So, if DuPage County simply cuts property taxes, home values will go up? Despite less money to pay for services like schools, police, fire, road construction, etc.? 

I see a house listed in Phoenix, Illinois. The property taxes are a low low $2069. The value of the home? $66, 899. You want low taxes? Phoenix is your place!

Have you ever priced homes in places like Charleston, South Carolina, for example? Low taxes, but the values on those houses are low compared to Illinois. 

You simply made a statement ("BTW, you do know lower property taxes mean higher home values dontcha"). All I did was correctly point out that there is much more to home values than property taxes.

My thoughts exactly.  I manage a luxury condo on the north shore.  They have high taxes and high home values.  What's particularly interesting to me, as someone who's been pretty much lower middle class my entire life, is that these people who have generations of wealth don't complain about taxes, most especially when it comes to their schools.  They seem to recognize that having one of the top school districts in the state, and typically top in the country, pays for itself in spades.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:07 pm

If you are lower middle class than I doubt you have that much SALT in your diet.

If you had to pick one, returning personal exemption probably blows away whatever crumbs you are losing SALT
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Let’s look at the math Blondy

10K cap on SALT.   What is your SALT intake?  12K?

So 2K loss in the 22% bracket is $880 more in taxes you have to pay

Now cap RETax at 2% of FMV.  Bet the savings is greater than $880.  I know my savings could be as high as 4K

And yes, even Tommy can see that makes my house worth more
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:35 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Let’s look at the math Blondy

Now cap RETax at 2% of FMV.  Bet the savings is greater than $880.  I know my savings could be as high as 4K

Out SALT is around $20,000, so we lose about $10,000 in SALT deductions.  Our taxes are about $13,000, plus two-incomes worth of state income taxes.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:43 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:If you are lower middle class than I doubt you have that much SALT in your diet.

If you had to pick one, returning personal exemption probably blows away whatever crumbs you are losing SALT

Yes, I agree.  If I had to pick one, it would be the personal exemption.  I would have also increased the American Opportunities/Education Credit.  The GOP claimed that the increase in the child tax credit would offset the SALT cap and the personal exemptions, so they really should have had the good sense to increase the Education credits, so those of us with college-age dependents would get the same increased in benefit as families who will take the child tax credit.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am

Blondy28 wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Let’s look at the math Blondy

Out SALT is around $20,000, so we lose about $10,000 in SALT deductions.  Our taxes are about $13,000, plus two-incomes worth of state income taxes.

Eyeballed some houses in the 60004 on zillow

a $500K house built in 1980 is $11,600

a $600k house built in 2007 is paying $16,600

So the little household apparently isn't as little as we have been lead to believe.

There remaining $7K suggest a pair of W2's pushing 100K a piece.  Or about 3 times the socalled living wage for both

Congratulations Blondy!!!!!!

According to Bernie and Hillary and Obama you qualify as rich!!!!!!

Now pay your fair share with a smile like your buddy RobZ
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm

alohafri wrote:

I also said some things above the statement highlighted in red.

To clarify, I meant that if we here in Illinois, especially those of us in the upper north eastern portion of the state, were to get a cut in our real estate taxes, it would improve our home values.

Nowhere did I ever say it was some kind of one to one relationship.  Although I can see how someone would get that impression.  Especially if that jumped into the conversation right in the middle looking for a gotcha comment.

I'm quite certain Blondy knew I was talking about real estate taxes and our existing houses.  Not some generic conversation about home values, which BTW Kevin got backwards.  Its not the lower taxes causing the lower values.  More like the other way around.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I also said some things above the statement highlighted in red.

To clarify, I meant that if we here in Illinois, especially those of us in the upper north eastern portion of the state, were to get a cut in our real estate taxes, it would improve our home values.

Nowhere did I ever say it was some kind of one to one relationship.  Although I can see how someone would get that impression.  Especially if that jumped into the conversation right in the middle looking for a gotcha comment.

I'm quite certain Blondy knew I was talking about real estate taxes and our existing houses.  Not some generic conversation about home values, which BTW Kevin got backwards.  Its not the lower taxes causing the lower values.  More like the other way around.

Go right into defensive mode. I wasn't looking for a "gotcha" comment. You must have just conveniently left out those other pieces of information because they didn't fit your narrative. You are certainly obsessed with the idea that people are "deliberately disagreeing" with you. You keep teasing that you would like to run for office. I sure hope you don't. You're wife and children will be without a father as I don't think you would be able to handle the number of people who would be "deliberately disagreeing" with you.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Whatever Mr Kettle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 am