Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Cabinet Nominee Lottery

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Cabinet Nominee Lottery

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am

Sounds like if the president likes you (maybe you said something nice about him!), then you can be nominated or appointed to a cabinet.  Ronnie Jackson has been given the nom for VA Secretary, and now there is a buttload of negative stuff coming out about him.  Does this Orange moron vet ANYONE?  It's not as if the VA Secretary position isn't important.  What, Ronnie Jackson said Trump is healthy and weighs 239 pounds and that qualifies him?  WTF?  I knew when he was elected that he'd be a bit of a moronic and inept president.  I mean...I expected it to be pretty bad.  This is 10X worse then I ever even could have imagined.  It's so laughably bad that it's kind of enjoyable, to be honest.  Maybe that makes me un-American.  Guilty as charged.  Lots of young minds watching all of this and making political judgments that will stick with them for decades or their whole lives based upon this administration.  

Re: Cabinet Nominee Lottery

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:36 am

PREACH ON FRAT!!!!!

IGNORE THE RECORD STOCK MARKET

IGNORE THE RECORD EMPLOYMENT

IGNORE THE GDP GROWTH THAT WAS ABSENT DURING THE EIGHT YEARS OF YOUR HERO

BELIEVE IN RACHEL MADDOW!!!!!!

WHY NOT, YOU BELIEVED ROGERS INVENTED MATH

TRUMP IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN

THAT IS WHY AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN

LMAO!!!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Upon the changing of the presidential guard we were at record stock market, nearly full employment and averaging about 2% GDP growth per year.  We go and give away 1.5 trillion future dollars of the debt for this tax cut and now we're on a path toward a GDP growth year in the upper 2's maybe?  Is that worth it?  Am I supposed to be excited about that?  The economy we have now seems much like what we've had for the past six years to me.  Approximately 25% of people polled say they are aware of having more money due to the tax cut.  25% say they don't have more.  The other 50% say they don't know.  When the unemployment rate was 4.5 or 4.7% under Obama, it was fake news and total bullshit.  Now the rate is for real?  Seriously?  My frat bros are going to be mad when they hear this. 

I may be wrong but I doubt it when I say that if you look at Obama's first 15 months in office, you'll find a much larger increase in the stock market than what we've seen under the current imbecile.  I'll bet it's not even close.  And yes, we were in recovery from a recession, but some feel Obama is due some kind of credit for avoiding a Depression via his stimulus bill.  Instead, I'll avoid crediting Obama for that, or crediting Trump for the current markets and instead just point out that our president is a lying imbecile (and an obvious criminal) that's probably not smarter than my 5th grader.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Seriously, you just shoot in the dark and don't ever consider the downside of the shit you write.  

Yay, GDP growth of 2.8% instead of 2%.  I guess that's fine, but it's at the behest of growing our deficit and growing the gov't.  If you substantially increase gov't spending, then you're going to grow the GDP.  You want to just cheer for that bit of GDP growth, but you just conveniently overlook the downsides, such as the massive increase to our future debt, which will mean our kids carry an even worse burden than we are.

You only want to look at the stock market and unemployment figures and GDP growth, as if those are the magic bullets.  What about gas prices?  Look at mortgage rates on the steady climb and the steadily falling dollar.  Again, I'm not BLAMING the Imbecile for these index changes, but if we're going to weigh the markets, we ought to weigh the full scope.  Shit, for 8 yrs mortgage rates fell and housing became more affordable under Obama.  Home loan rates went from 6% or so when he was elected to about 3.75% when he was done.  That's a significant difference in home affordability.  The affordability of a home was never better than it was under Obama.  That doesn't mean he deserves heaps of credit for it.  There are downsides of that kind of thing, such as the long term effects of printing all of that money.  7 yrs of Quantitative Easing will likely end up having some unintended consequences.  

You speak of Obama's years of market growth as if it doesn't count because he took over during a recession.  Shit, you don't think Obama wouldn't have preferred to inherit the economy Trump got handed to him versus the pile of steaming shit Obama was handed?  Trump was handed an economy that was humming along.  Not in massive growth mode and not in troubled water mode.  It was in mild and stable growth mode with no signs of trouble on the horizon.  Trump would have to take purposeful and measured steps to screw it up, to be honest.  How can it not be a record stock market?  He inherited it at record levels.  Of course it's at record levels.  Why doesn't B.O. get any credit for keeping the horrible recession from going over a cliff?  That's where it appeared to be headed.  Why aren't the gains that brought us back to a strong stock market allowed to count for him?  There was no certainty that the markets would rebound right away.  When the markets know there's going to be a bounce back they automatically bounce back without waiting, the same way the markets rose once it seemed likely that Trump and the GOP would get a tax cut through congress.  They didn't wait for the tax cut.  They just adjusted to account for the expectation.  Same goes for when Obama took over.  Markets would have just bounced back up if the market pros knew it was headed back up.  But they didn't.  They staggered and stagnated for a while, as the economy recovered.  It could have been much worse without actions taken that stimulated hirings, and lowered home loan rates and put a lot more money in the pockets of tens of millions of people by lowering their home loan rates (you included!).

If you think you can just assess that this stock market uptick is all because of the orange ape then it's going to have to fall on him when it goes south, and it is very likely to go a little south at some point, not because of Imbecile, but because it always eventually goes south.  

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:08 pm

We had what appears to be about 2.2% GDP growth in 2017.  I'm not sure if we attribute that to Imbecile or to Obama.  I don't even care.  Obama's GDP numbers appear to average near 2% in  his years, assuming we can dump 2009, which was the crash year he stepped into.  The CBO projections right now that I've read suggest expectations of high 2's this year and back to run of the mill 1.8 to 2.2% the following year.  Why is this supposed to excite me?  We added how much to the future Nat'l Debt for this little blip we're expected to have?  

You seem to attribute the markets and the tax rate to Imbecile.  Do you think these are his doing?  Or the GOP's doing?  I suspect Trump can't even read a bill to know how to affect one.  If you want to attribute credit or blame for what's going on in today's economy, attribute it to the GOP.  They have the control.  They are driving the bus.  Imbecile is just signing shit to say he accomplished something.  Imbeciles issues are cock-blocking brown people, picking fights with brown people, and trying to ruin the lives of brown people.  He doesn't have a political agenda, except that he hates regs because they have hindered him in his career.  
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Trump thinks Kim Jong Un is "honorable".  A man who fed his brother to dogs.  That oughtta tell you about his judge of character.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 am

Blondy28 wrote:Trump thinks Kim Jong Un is "honorable".  A man who fed his brother to dogs.  That oughtta tell you about his judge of character.

How quickly he moved from "Little Rocket Man" to "honorable."

(And you forgot about the shooting a missile at his uncle.)

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 am

Figures you two would focus on this silliness instead of the big picture.

Sane people would be more upset at the President that gave the NORK’s the capability to develop nuclear weapons.

Truth is, Trump is slowly rebuilding America’s image after 8 years of an ineffective idiot who came off as cold and a know it all

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 am

What’s worse, buttering up Kim so he will be more willing to denuke

Or giving Iran 150billion in cash, and they still get the bomb

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:48 am

Hey Kevin 

Has a kid in your class ever worn a Chavo Guerrero T

Talk about honoring a rapist and a butcher....
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Hey Kevin 

#1 No
    #2 The kids in my class aren't the President of the United States
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 am

Who cares what some kid wears? We are talking about the American president calling a butcher "honorable."
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am

And here is why you would never make it as a teacher. You would call some kid out because of some tee shirt he was wearing, the kid would complain, mommy would call, you'd be called down to the principal's office and told the kid has the right to wear the shirt, you'd call the kid out when he wore the shirt again, you'd be fired.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:46 am

alohafri wrote:

#1 No

WAS MARC ANTHONY WRONG TO CALL BLUTO AN HONORABLE MAN?!?!?!?!?

E TU ALOHA
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

#1 No

WAS MARC ANTHONY WRONG TO CALL BLUTO AN HONORABLE MAN?!?!?!?!?

E TU ALOHA

Popeye?

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am

alohafri wrote:

And here is why you would never make it as a teacher. You would call some kid out because of some tee shirt he was wearing, the kid would complain, mommy would call, you'd be called down to the principal's office and told the kid has the right to wear the shirt, you'd call the kid out when he wore the shirt again, you'd be fired.

I would think pointing out that Che Guerra is a butcher and a murder and NOT someone to be idolized would be making a positive difference in a kids life.  I would also question the intellect of a parent that wouldn't agree with me.  I recall my St Barts days when all the kids who wore a Disco Sucks shirt on T-shirt day where sent home.  Not one parent complaint.  Back then the parents, and that's when people understood the noun should be plural, balled out their kid about sneaking out the house with a shirt like that.

So here is something for you to ponder.  You obviously pride yourself on being able to make a difference.  I am quite certain you have done so countless times in a positive way.  And yes, you should be damn proud of each and every occurrence.  But I have to wonder, how is your ability to make a difference being sabotaged by an establishment that is determined to make things different.  You mentions several examples of this the other day, so you know its happening.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:22 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I would think pointing out that Che Guerra is a butcher and a murder and NOT someone to be idolized would be making a positive difference in a kids life.  I would also question the intellect of a parent that wouldn't agree with me.  I recall my St Barts days when all the kids who wore a Disco Sucks shirt on T-shirt day where sent home.  Not one parent complaint.  Back then the parents, and that's when people understood the noun should be plural, balled out their kid about sneaking out the house with a shirt like that.

So here is something for you to ponder.  You obviously pride yourself on being able to make a difference.  I am quite certain you have done so countless times in a positive way.  And yes, you should be damn proud of each and every occurrence.  But I have to wonder, how is your ability to make a difference being sabotaged by an establishment that is determined to make things different.  You mentions several examples of this the other day, so you know its happening.

Reason #754 that you wouldn't survive as a teacher.

And none of this has anything to do with any "establishment." It has everything to do with Mommy and Daddy being helicopter and lawn mower parents.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Reason #754 that you wouldn't survive as a teacher.

And none of this has anything to do with any "establishment." It has everything to do with Mommy and Daddy being helicopter and lawn mower parents.

Everyone should have triplets.  You couldn't helicopter even if you wanted to.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am

Not Mommy and Daddy's fault all those over priced administrators with Phd's don't have the backbone of Sister Ann Roberts.

Reason #755.  The KARK would insist on putting prayer and the paddle back in the classroom.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:12 am

Question for Kevin

What was that new thing in education you told me was coming?

Something like "Master the Task" or something to that effect.

Was I correct to assume you were not in favor of this?  Or did I misinterept?

Regardless, is this new THANG a demand of the parents?  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:And none of this has anything to do with any "establishment." It has everything to do with Mommy and Daddy being helicopter and lawn mower parents.

Not Mommy and Daddy's fault all those over priced administrators with Phd's don't have the backbone of Sister Ann Roberts.

Reason #755.  The KARK would insist on putting prayer and the paddle back in the classroom.

Those overpriced administrators run into parents like you portray here..."I pay your salary and if you don't do what I tell you, I'll go over your head...or to social media."

Prayer in the classroom. Wonderful! Are you okay with Stanley reciting something from the Koran or Torah?

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am

Blondy28 wrote:Trump thinks Kim Jong Un is "honorable".  A man who fed his brother to dogs.  That oughtta tell you about his judge of character.

what does it say when a person invents his own math instead of simply opening a text book then spends a decade insisting we all believe his fake math instead of what is in our Stats 101 text books?

what does it say about a math major that can't tell the difference between invented, fake math and real math taught by real PhD's in real classrooms with textbooks written written by real PhD's, not assumed Phd's operating under a pseudo name?

I'd say that speaks volume to their character

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 am

Those overpriced administrators run into parents like you portray here..."I pay your salary and if you don't do what I tell you, I'll go over your head...or to social media."

Maybe they should arm themselves with a thick wooden rulers like Sister Ann Roberts.  Plus Sister Ann Roberts knew she could go over the parents head.

As for prayer in the classroom, THE KARK is perfectly fine with the 10 commandments on one side and Buddhah's 8 path's to Enlightment on the other.  If another real and major religion has something similar, that can go in the middle.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:You seem to attribute the markets and the tax rate to Imbecile.  Do you think these are his doing?  Or the GOP's doing?  I suspect Trump can't even read a bill to know how to affect one.  If you want to attribute credit or blame for what's going on in today's economy, attribute it to the GOP.  They have the control.  They are driving the bus.  Imbecile is just signing shit to say he accomplished something.  Imbeciles issues are cock-blocking brown people, picking fights with brown people, and trying to ruin the lives of brown people.  He doesn't have a political agenda, except that he hates regs because they have hindered him in his career.  

Economy had recovered under Obama, although not enough to help the middle and lower class much.  Whatever boom came from buying assets at cheap prices in 2009-2012 with incredibly low interest rates.  Needless to say the wealthy benefited most as they had the money to scoop up those assets.  Low inflation and high unemployment in Obama's first term allowed corporations to make big profits and buy back shares, another big driver of the stock market.
    Big business complained bitterly about regulations under Obama, and some of it was justified as Banks in particular weren't helping small businesses grow because of tight lending rules, nor were homes made more affordable to low-middle income families due to mortgage regulations.  So here again the middle class got shafted.
    To give the Republicans and Trump their due, the idea of fewer regulations created euphoria in the business community which stoked the stock market even higher and tax cuts had a similar psychological effect.  Increased optimism by business has increased hiring and wages
    under Trump and that has a trickle down effect to the middle class. 
    But the long-term effects of heavy deficits, rising interest rates, and the uncertainty of Trump's chaotic management also concern the business community. As seen by the big plunge in the market after Trump started laying down restrictive tariffs. IMO, the business community is happy with Trump on deregulations, defense spending and tax cuts but wishes that most of what he campaigned on (border wall, tariffs, restrictions on H-l1B visas, anti-NATO, etc) would just go away.

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Economy had recovered under Obama, although not enough to help the middle and lower class much.  Whatever boom came from buying assets at cheap prices in 2009-2012 with incredibly low interest rates.  Needless to say the wealthy benefited most as they had the money to scoop up those assets.  Low inflation and high unemployment in Obama's first term allowed corporations to make big profits and buy back shares, another big driver of the stock market.
    Big business complained bitterly about regulations under Obama, and some of it was justified as Banks in particular weren't helping small businesses grow because of tight lending rules, nor were homes made more affordable to low-middle income families due to mortgage regulations.  So here again the middle class got shafted.

Having worked in the commercial/business banking world until 2010, I'm not aware of any Obama regs that were making lending more difficult for small businesses.  The bank where I worked had plenty of autonomy to make loans, but my bank was too scared to lend.  Are there lending regs that came along after that whereby getting a business loan became more difficult?  If so, I'm not aware of it.  I still have many friends in that industry in the Chicago area.  None of them have mentioned it being harder to lend.  

I switched over to mortgage lending in early 2010.  Obama put the HARP program into place, which allowed folks to refi even if they were at 150% LTV ratio, which was previously unheard of.  This allowed families to knock anywhere from $100 to 500 bucks per month off of their mortgage payment.  It wasn't a perfect program, but it was very helpful to a millions of Americans.  You note that homes weren't made affordable to low/middle income families due to regulations.  What regulations?  Our regs tend to move and change and adjust, but I'm aware of no regs whatsoever that made it more difficult to get a loan.  Granted, there are regs that make my job more difficult at times.  I bitch and piss and moan about it, but at no time in the last 8 yrs have I felt that regs were curtailing my ability to help people.  Instead they were curtailing my ability to do my job as easily.  It made our job more confusing on our end, but Obama's and the feds' quantitative easing program created an atmosphere for rates to fall from 6% in 2009 to about 3.50% for a fixed 30 year mortgage in 2013.  Now THAT'S what I call helping people.  I won't pretend that there won't be unintended consequences of these maneuvers.  There will be, and some may not be kind to us, but I always felt that Obama made my job more difficult but mostly helped consumers in the home borrowing industry.  I'd go so far as to say I love the current set up of how we make loans now.  I think it's easier to do and it's easier to explain to folks and has been in place for about 3 yrs now.  It still has some warts, but it's working.  

I don't mention this stuff to sell Obama as some kind of wonderful president.  I just think that deriding him for how he handled the mortgage crash is not very sensible.  There are surely dozens of other things that he did that are more worthy of criticism.  I'm a fan of the effect he had on my industry....so far.  

To give the Republicans and Trump their due, the idea of fewer regulations created euphoria in the business community which stoked the stock market even higher and tax cuts had a similar psychological effect.  Increased optimism by business has increased hiring and wages
    under Trump and that has a trickle down effect to the middle class. 
    But the long-term effects of heavy deficits, rising interest rates, and the uncertainty of Trump's chaotic management also concern the business community. As seen by the big plunge in the market after Trump started laying down restrictive tariffs. IMO, the business community is happy with Trump on deregulations, defense spending and tax cuts but wishes that most of what he campaigned on (border wall, tariffs, restrictions on H-l1B visas, anti-NATO, etc) would just go away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm