Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

My position on oil prices

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

My position on oil prices

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:22 am

Here is a snippet of an article on rising oil prices that I pulled from a current article on MSN regarding oil prices.

"OPEC producers and non-OPEC countries struck a deal in 2016 to trim oil production by 1.8 million barrels per day to reduce a global glut of oil.

the deal, which is due to run out at the end of this year, has succeeded in boosting oil prices to near $70 a barrel from below $30 a barrel in early 2016."

This is SPECIFICALLY what I was referencing when I argued against the notion that gas can end up and remain at $2/gallon.  if OPEC can just adjust production to drive up prices, why would they not do that?  I guarantee you that the 1.8 million barrels wasn't a 50% cut in production, and yet oil prices more than doubled.  1.8 million is 2% of the daily oil output in the world.  If an oil producer can cut production by 2%, and then see revenues fucking DOUBLE, then why wouldn't he do that?  This is the point I have been making here for years.  Instead of engaging on that discussion, you yell and scream about people lying and some bullshit about $2 gas and Newt Fucking Gingrich.  How about using that 13.5 IQ of yours and acting like it's going to some kind of good use?  

I don't know how many of your are business owners here...I suspect a few of us.  If I could cut my production by 2% and double revenues, I'd do it today.  I'm not knocking them.  I believe it's perfectly legal.  It's foolhardy to think that if gas dropped to, and remained at, $2/gallon, that they wouldn't just cut production again and push the price higher.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: My position on oil prices

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

WHO GIVES A CRAP!!!!

NOBODY HERE EVER INSISTED THAT GAS HAD TO BE EXACTLY $2 FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY.

YOU ARE LIKE A CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND WHO KEEPS MAKING FALSE ACCUSATION ABOUT BEING CHEATED ON THEN IS SHOCKED THE BOYFRIEND DECIDES TO ENJOY THE CRIME HE IS BEING PUNISH FOR.

PS, FILLED UP AT $2.91 THIS MORNING.  SO YOU ARE CLEARLY GRASPING AT STRAWS
    Razz
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Exactly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 20, 2018 12:18 pm