Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

This rumor has to be false

Re: This rumor has to be false

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 pm

I'll admit to being an asshole on this board.

But people have outright lied to me and that's a fact.

so no, its not like you falsely claim, which is I have to be the only one correct.  More like, certain people here get to invent whatever they want

To put it in terms you can understand, imagine somebody claiming to be an expert on US History claimed that the first paragraph of the US Constitution is known as the pre-natal because it gave birth to the Nation.

Calling that person a freakin' moron doesn't make his claim true just because you were rude about it.

Well that is exactly what Roger has done to me.  Now if you want me to mention the numerous lies he has told me during the past decade of this debate, I am glad to do so.

PS, this is how your friend RobZ deliberately distorted the narrative last summer with his childish rant:

Your friend RobZ has a math background from the U of I.  Yet he claims he is no expert in multicolinearity.  Well a person with a math background from the U of I would never make such a claim because a person with a math background from the U of I would know that there is no such thing as an expert in multicolinearity.  You can't major in it.  Can't take a course in it.  Can't even fill up a chapter on the subject.  So when your friend RobZ claims he isn't an expert, that tells me he did not even look up what the hell it is.  Because if he had, he would have quickly realized that it is a simple to understand Stats 101 concept.  Instead, he tries to play it of as something complicated, then imply that maybe I might be missing something because how can we expect the KARK to fully understand something so complicated.  Especially if somebody as brilliant as your friend RobZ pretends to be can't understand it.

So Mr English teacher, can your think of a 4 letter word that describes somebody who deliberately paints a false narrative?

PSS, Roger also lied when he called this and multicolinerity advanced statistitcs.  The truth is, they are taught in Stats 101.

Now I'll apologize for being an asshole when the 3 of you apologize to me for automatically assuming I must be wrong and your two friends apologize for lying to me or at least for besmirching my character by making statements that they had no idea as to whether or not they were true.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 pm

You have presented numbers and they have presented numbers.

AND?!?!?!?!

Doesn't your school have a debate club?!?!?  Ever do a debate or assign a debate a class project.

How about a court of law?

Just because somebody presents a case doesn't mean its correct or logical or even factual.

For example, before the crap hit the fan from the exploding housing bubble, the federal deficit for the year 2007 was about $160 billion.  the lowest annual deficit during the Obama years was about 3 times that figure.  So how can one, with a straight keyboard proclaim Obama decreased the deficit at a historic rate?  One does so by falsely portraying the $1.4 trillion deficit of 2009 as typical and making the baseless claim that anything before 2009 is irrelevant.

PS, your friend RobZ also claimed that Obama had the fastest decline in recent history and claimed that nothing came close.  Well in 2005 the deficit was $318 billion.  By 2007, it was practically cut in half.  So obviously your friend RobZ did not look at the history of the deficit when he proclaimed Obama was cutting the deficit at a historic rate.  So your friend RobZ as long history of making statements with zero regard as to whether or not they are true.  The end of the last ice age is another classic example.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:You have presented numbers and they have presented numbers.

AND?!?!?!?!

Doesn't your school have a debate club?!?!?  Ever do a debate or assign a debate a class project.

Just because somebody presents a case doesn't mean its correct or logical or even factual.

For example, before the crap hit the fan from the exploding housing bubble, the federal deficit for the year 2007 was about $160 billion.  the lowest annual deficit during the Obama years was about 3 times that figure.  So how can one, with a straight keyboard proclaim Obama decreased the deficit at a historic rate?  One does so by falsely portraying the $1.4 trillion deficit of 2009 as typical and making the baseless claim that anything before 2009 is irrelevant.

PS, your friend RobZ also claimed that Obama had the fastest decline in recent history and claimed that nothing came close.  Well in 2005 the deficit was $318 billion.  By 2007, it was practically cut in half.  So obviously your friend RobZ did not look at the history of the deficit when he proclaimed Obama was cutting the deficit at a historic rate.  So your friend RobZ as long history of making statements with zero regard as to whether or not they are true.  The end of the last ice age is another classic example.

Okay. You want it? You got it. Here is your chance. I'm going to start two threads. One will be "The Greatest Lie Rob Has Told." The other, "The Greatest Lie Roger Has Told." You have five sentences to calmly and rationally explain how each of them lied. They will then have five sentences to rebut what  you say. And you will speak IN ENGLISH. No sabermetric crap (and that goes for you too Roger)! I don't want to hear, "he is a liar because he used some 1.6 standard and I used the more accurate 1.8 standard" or that kind of crap. In our system, the onus is on the accuser to prove his point. I may be wrong, and I frequently am, I don't recall either of them saying you are a liar. I recall them saying you are "wrong." I recall them saying "you are misinterpreting" what they are saying. But I don't recall them saying you are lying.

Here is your high school debate club. Mind your P's and Q's. Stay on topic. Speak IN ENGLISH.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:You have presented numbers and they have presented numbers.

AND?!?!?!?!

Okay. You want it? You got it. Here is your chance. I'm going to start two threads. One will be "The Greatest Lie Rob Has Told." The other, "The Greatest Lie Roger Has Told." You have five sentences to calmly and rationally explain how each of them lied. They will then have five sentences to rebut what  you say. And you will speak IN ENGLISH. No sabermetric crap (and that goes for you too Roger)! I don't want to hear, "he is a liar because he used some 1.6 standard and I used the more accurate 1.8 standard" or that kind of crap. In our system, the onus is on the accuser to prove his point. I may be wrong, and I frequently am, I don't recall either of them saying you are a liar. I recall them saying you are "wrong." I recall them saying "you are misinterpreting" what they are saying. But I don't recall them saying you are lying.

Here is your high school debate club. Mind your P's and Q's. Stay on topic. Speak IN ENGLISH.

He can say whatever he wants about me lying.  I don't care.  I always have assumed that the typical reader hear knows the difference between someone being wrong or someone lying.  I've been wrong here and elsewhere plenty of times in my life.  It someone prefers to call that a lie, so be it.  

This business of digging up some believed slight from prior years over and over and over and over again is very tiresome.  We can disagree about whether the deficit fell under Obama or didn't.  I don't give a fuck.  Does anyone else give a fuck?  I hope not.  If we can't agree, that's great.  Doesn't mean anyone's lying.  In fact, I'm usually just parroting what I've read in Fortune or CNNMoney.com or Bloomberg.  I spend a lot of my reading time on those sites, and I look at Whitehouse.gov stats.  If those aren't good enough for your 13.5 IQ, Kark, then ok, but it doesn't mean anyone is lying.  

I don't even know what your argument is about global warming and ice ages, except that I recall you thinking you somehow tripped me up on something regarding an ice age occurring during a period that maybe I was calling a period of warming.  Regardless, whether you're right, or whether I'm right, who GIVES A FUCK?  I looked up the atmospheric CO2 measurements myself.  I looked up the avg temps.  I looked up a few other things.  I didn't rely on others' calculations.  I decided to check for myself and I looked them up.  Easy to find, and then I reached my own basic (very basic) conclusions and went and read up and found a number of other folks that seemed to be supporting the same thing I concluded.  Nuff said.  Doesn't matter to me if Kark disagrees, or Al disagrees, or the GOP dipshits in Congress who are being paid to disagree also disagree.  They are entitled to their opinions and I won't call them liars.  I have no financial or other reason to come to my climate change CO2 conclusion.  It's just my conclusion, based on the data, and supported by a number of researchers.  I will live my life according to those conclusions.  

Whatever it is Kark thinks I lied about regarding gas prices...it doesn't matter.  Prove I lied if it'll help you sleep at night.  If you somehow surprise me and prove I'm somehow lying (or mistaken), it won't alter how well I sleep at night.  

Enough on this.  Kark, you remind me of a nutjob I dated in college who always brought up old shit that she somehow couldn't let go of.  She always felt some kind of unsettled scorn that kept her from being happy.  I'm done responding to any of this old shit.  

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:54 pm

KEVIN, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

In order

1) Deficit under Obama is not a matter of opinion.  The numbers are what they are.  His nonsense about reading Bloomberg is a week cop out.   the truth is, somewhere around 2013 or 2014, RobZ claimed that the policies of Obama is reducing the deficit at a historic rate.  then he doubled down on that statement he can't remember the deficit every being cut in half this quickly and that we'd probably have to go back a century or more to find anything close.

Well the truth is, the deficit in 2005 was $318 billion and was down to $160 billion in 2007, both numbers on the website RobZ listed above.  so right there that tells me that RobZ just invented his own history instead of verifying it.  In others words, he made a statement with ZERO regard for the truth.  I consider that a lie.  and why would rob do that?  to make Obama look better than he really was.

2) Ice ages.  RobZ decided to claim, with ZERO basis, that ice ages end when CO2 exceeds 200ppm.  contrary to what he claims above, he did not look this up.  If he had, he never would have made this claim because when I looked it up, it was flat out wrong.  when confronted, he tried to hide behind his ITS MY OPINION SCHTICK.  well its my opinion that you should like things up instead of making wild guesses and trying to pass them off as facts.

3) $2 gas.  Well it ain't $4 is it.  The lie is that he insists that I completely missed the boat on this one.  Then he distorts the whole premise of why I proclaimed gas should be $2 instead of the $5 many thought was in our future when people within the city limits where actually paying that.

Rob thinks I like some crazy old girlfriend...  Well he is an arrogant self rightous ass that never admits to being wrong no matter or obvious.  Never concedes any point no matter how small.  Just look at his holier than thou diatribe above.  Show him where he is wrong and then its some smart ass comment or weasly excuse or some obnoxious sarcarsm.  Just look at all the crap he invents about Jesus.  The guy can't even admit I nailed the 1.8 debate.  He believes every falsehood Roger told at face value, yet I have to be wrong because I don't end my sentences with peas and carrots.  RobZ is a closed minded zealot that is incapable of intelligent debate.  All he is capable  of is deliberate disagreement and will say or invent or distort anything just to do that.  If that doesn't define a liar, I don't know what does.

BTW, notice I have never said his views on homosexuality made him a liar.  That is because I can't prove it is a choice.  And even here, RobZ proves to be a hypocrit.  He claims choice shouldn't matter.  Then claims all discrimination is wrong.  Yet he has clearly shown that he think people who choose to be Christian deserve to suffer because in RobZ mind, sexual orientation is more important than religious orientation.  Yet he can't give a straight answer why society should pander to the homosexual if it truly is a choice.

So there is another RobZ lie.  His claim I call all of his deliberate disagreements with me a lie.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Like I said....still yammering about his perceived slights.  Not worth it to me anymore.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:42 pm

I can't help but notice that when back into a corner, Deplorable Mark becomes less vulgar.  Quite the opposite others here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:51 pm