Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    This rumor has to be false

    Share
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm

    Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

    A picture is worth a 100 words



    As one can plainly see, $2 gas is not the impossibility RoBZ claims it is.  In 2015 dollars, it has been a reality for much of the past century.


    BTW, the price also include Federal and State tax.  anybody not think those haven't come up in the past decade.


    so once again, the KARK clearly show RobZ simply invents stuff without double checking, then passes off his hypothesises as fact


    Well, they are not.  They are statements made with zero regard for the truth made with the intent to distort to narrative.  In short, a lie!


    finally, here is the link

    https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact-915-march-7-2016-average-historical-annual-gasoline-pump-price-1929-2015

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 pm

    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 


    How much time have you studied it?!?!?!?

    John Coleman, I would assume his entire professional life.  Patrick Moore, I would assume his professional adult life would be devoted to understanding enviromental issues and the effects of climate change would be one of them.  You do realize that there are countless number of scientists that dispute the hysteria driven by Al Gore.  the notion that 97% of scientists believe it has proven to be a lie.

    and what do you have that makes me wrong?  Rhetorical questions and smart ass comments?!?!?!  do they still teach the scientific method in govt schools?

    Well here is why I believe I'm right, BTW, this is from a scientist that has clearly thought of the issue at least 1000X time longer than you and RobZ:

    COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING
    MYTH 1:  Global temperatures are rising at a rapid, unprecedented rate.
    FACT:  The HadCRUT4 surface temperature index, produced by the Hadley Centre of the UK Met Office and the Climate Research Unit of the University of East Anglia, shows warming to 1878, cooling to 1911, warming to 1941, cooling to 1964, warming to 1998 and cooling through 2011. The warming rate from 1964 to 1998 was the same as the previous warming from 1911 to 1941. Satellites, weather balloons and ground stations all show cooling from 2002 through mid 2015, then this warming pause ended with a large El Nino event starting late 2015. The average of two analysis of satellite data gives a trend from 1979 to Nov. 2017 of 0.13 ºC/decade, which is less than half of the corresponding trend of 0.27 ºC/decade of the climate models. The mild warming of about 0.7 ºC over the 20th century is well within the natural variations recorded in the last millennium. The ground station network suffers from an uneven distribution across the globe; the stations are preferentially located in growing urban and industrial areas ("heat islands"), which show substantially higher readings than adjacent rural areas ("land use effects"). Two science teams have shown that correcting the surface temperature record for the effects of urban development would reduce the reported warming trend over land from 1980 by half. See here.
    There has been no catastrophic warming recorded.


    MYTH 2:  The "hockey stick" graph proves that the earth has experienced a steady, very gradual temperature decrease for 1000 years, then recently began a sudden increase.

    FACT:  Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time. For instance, the Medieval Warm Period, from around 1000 to1200 AD (when the Vikings farmed on Greenland) was followed by a period known as the Little Ice Age. Since the end of the 17th Century the "average global temperature" has been rising at the low steady rate mentioned above; although from 1940 – 1970 temperatures actually dropped, leading to a Global Cooling scare.
    The "hockey stick", a poster boy of both the UN's IPCC and Canada's Environment Department, ignores historical recorded climatic swings, and has now also been proven to be flawed and statistically unreliable as well. It is a computer construct and a faulty one at that. See here for more information.
     
    MYTH 3:  Human produced carbon dioxide has increased over the last 100 years, adding to the Greenhouse effect, thus causing most of the earth's warming of the last 100 years.
    FACT:  Carbon dioxide levels have indeed changed for various reasons, human and otherwise, just as they have throughout geologic time. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has increased by about 120 part per million (ppm), most of which is likely due to human-caused CO2 emissions. The RATE of growth during this century has been about 0.55%/year. However, there is no proof that CO2 is the main driver of global warming. As measured in ice cores dated over many thousands of years, CO2 levels move up and down AFTER the temperature has done so, and thus are the RESULT OF, NOT THE CAUSE of warming. Geological field work in recent sediments confirms this causal relationship. There is solid evidence that, as temperatures move up and down naturally and cyclically through solar radiation, orbital and galactic influences, the warming surface layers of the earth's oceans expel more CO2 as a result.
     
    MYTH 4:  CO2 is the most common greenhouse gas.
    FACT:  Greenhouse gases form about 3% of the atmosphere by volume. They consist of varying amounts, (about 97%) of water vapour and clouds, with the remainder being gases like CO2, CH4, Ozone and N2O, of which carbon dioxide is the largest amount. Hence, CO2 constitutes about 0.04% of the atmosphere. While the minor gases are more effective as "greenhouse agents" than water vapour and clouds, the latter are overwhelming the effect by their sheer volume and – in the end – are thought to be responsible for 75% of the "Greenhouse effect". (See [url=https://www.friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/FOS Essay/CO2_Versus_Water.html]here[/url]) At current concentrations, a 3% change of water vapour in the atmosphere would have the same effect as a 100% change in CO2.
    Those attributing climate change to CO2 rarely mention these important facts.

    MYTH 5:  Computer models verify that CO2 increases will cause significant global warming.

    FACT:  The computer models assume that CO2 is the primary climate driver, and that the Sun has an insignificant effect on climate. Using the output of a model to verify its initial assumption is committing the logical fallacy of circular reasoning. Computer models can be made to roughly match the 20th century temperature rise by adjusting many input parameters and using strong positive feedbacks. They do not "prove" anything. Also, computer models predicting global warming are incapable of properly including the effects of the sun, cosmic rays and the clouds. The sun is a major cause of temperature variation on the earth surface as its received radiation changes all the time, This happens largely in cyclical fashion. The number and the lengths in time of sunspots can be correlated very closely with average temperatures on earth, e.g. the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. Varying intensity of solar heat radiation affects the surface temperature of the oceans and the currents. Warmer ocean water expels gases, some of which are CO2. Solar radiation interferes with the cosmic ray flux, thus influencing the amount ionized nuclei which control cloud cover.

    MYTH 6:  The United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has proven that man–made CO2 causes global warming.

    FACT:  In a 1996 report by the UN on global warming, two statements were deleted from the final draft approved and accepted by a panel of scientists. Here they are: 
    1)     “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed climate changes to increases in greenhouse gases.”
    2)     “No study to date has positively attributed all or part of the climate change to man–made causes”

    To the present day there is still no scientific proof that man-made CO2 causes significant global warming. 
    See a Wall Street Journal article here.

    MYTH 7:  CO2 is a pollutant.

    FACT:  This is absolutely not true. Nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere. We could not live in 100% nitrogen either. Carbon dioxide is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is.  CO2 is essential to life on earth. It is necessary for plant growth since increased CO2 intake as a result of increased atmospheric concentration causes many trees and other plants to grow more vigorously. Unfortunately, the Canadian Government has included  CO2 with a number of truly toxic and noxious substances listed by the Environmental Protection Act, only as their means to politically control it.  The graph [url=https://www.friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/FOS Essay/Donohue_GRL_May2013.jpg]here[/url] shows changes in vegetative cover due to CO2 fertilization between 1982 and 2010 (Donohue et al., 2013 GRL). A major study here shows that CO2 fertilization will likely increase the value of crop production between now and 2050 by an additional $11.7 trillion ($US 2014). See here for more discussion.

    MYTH 8: Global warming will cause more storms and other weather extremes.

    FACT:   There is no scientific or statistical evidence whatsoever that supports such claims on a global scale.  Regional variations may occur. Growing insurance and infrastructure repair costs, particularly in coastal areas, are sometimes claimed to be the result of increasing frequency and severity of storms, whereas in reality they are a function of increasing population density, escalating development value, and ever more media reporting. See here for graphs and discussion of extreme weather.

    MYTH 9:  Receding glaciers and the calving of ice shelves are proof of man-made global warming.

    FACT:  Glaciers have been  receding and growing cyclically for hundreds of years. Recent glacier melting is a consequence of coming out of the very cool period of the Little Ice Age. Ice shelves have been breaking off for centuries. Scientists know of at least 33 periods of glaciers growing and then retreating. It’s normal. Besides, changes to glacier's extent is dependent as much on precipitation as on temperature.

     MYTH 10:  The earth’s poles are warming and the polar ice caps are breaking up and melting.

    FACT:  The earth is variable. The Arctic Region had warmed from 1966 to 2005, due to cyclic events in the Pacific Ocean and soot from Asia darkening the ice, but there has been no warming since 2005. Current temperatures are the same as in 1943. The small Palmer Peninsula of Antarctica is getting warmer, while the main Antarctic continent is actually cooling. Ice cap thicknesses in both Greenland and Antarctica are increasing. North polar temperature graph here. South polar temperature graph here. See here for sea ice extent.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

    This is from a group of scientists as well.


    https://features.weather.com/us-climate-change/


    Who is right? I don't know. I'm not a scientist and don't claim to be one. As I told you before, when you start saying something is "settled science" you are basically saying that no more research needs to be done. So if you think the one guy that you found is right, why don't you take comfort and move to the beach somewhere? You should be safe for hundreds of years.


    As for me, I'm going to follow the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 10: 14-15.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:22 pm

    Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
    Where there is offense, let me bring pardon.
    Where there is discord, let me bring union.
    Where there is error, let me bring truth.
    Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.
    Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
    Where there is darkness, let me bring your light.
    Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
    O Master, let me not seek as much
    to be consoled as to console,
    to be understood as to understand,
    to be loved as to love,
    for it is in giving that one receives,
    it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
    it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
    it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life.

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by al in cal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 pm

    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm

    al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.

    Since all you seem to understand is nasty talk, I'm going to give it to you here you fucking son of a bitch douchebag mother fucking asshole. I'm going to stick with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They seem to believe that it is both natural and human activities causing this shit. 


    http://www.noaa.gov/explainers/what-s-difference-between-climate-and-weather



    To say that it isn't one and it is all the other shows stupidity. And you are the dumbest mother fucking Russian troll I have encountered in all my years on the internet. So shit in your hat and pull it down over your ears you cocksucking asshole. And go ahead, say one more fucking word. I'll pull you off of here faster than you can say Jack Robinson. One more insult, one more, and you are fucking gone.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7964
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:UNLESS huge competition from battery cars or natural gas and whatnot.
    *********************
    Even this makes ZERO economic sense!!!!!!

    Even if we assume battery cars etc where able to reduce the demand for gas to the point of $2, it would do nothing to reduce the cost to produce that gas.  five years ago, gas was about a $1.50.  ZERO top do with your stupid battery cars.  Everything to do with a barrell of gas falling to $40.  See, its about the cost as well as the competition!

    What really drove down the price of gas was the developing of fracking which gave the USA access to oil resources greater than Saudi Arabia.  This was a giant kick in the nuts to OPEC.  Thanks to fracking OPEC could never again charge $145 a barrell.  Today oil is about $65 a barrell because of the mere threat that the USA can start fracking away.  In other words, OPEC needs to undercut the frackers.  something a certain lying fracker on this board refuses to ackknowledge


    BTW, there are no large dips in gasoline usage, so RobZ and his battery car theory is just another one of his inventions.  they did not cause the $2 gas we have all been enjoying the past 6 years

    Some of what I've read recently is that new innovations in oil drilling and productions are allowing some producers to make drill and refine for dramatically cheaper prices than the $65 you mention (and that I used to mention while you called me a liar).  

    Otherwise, I'm not following you.  You just told me gas can't sustain under $2 because of production costs, but call me a liar because gas is $2.  Make up your mind.  If they keep innovating car batteries and oil production, then maybe we'll have $2 gas again sustained for a while.  Or better yet, gas and oil will become a thing of the past and we'll just use battery and solar and whatnot.  

    I have no memory of $1.50 gas five years ago.  I seem to remember $1.80 for a short spell.  I believe barrels fell to about $26 not many years ago.  Maybe $25.  That's when gas fell to under $2.  The talk was that the Saudis were trying to drive away the smaller producers here in the US by selling at prices that would bankrupt US companies.   that's my recollection of the whole thing, but it's been a while so perhaps I'm LYING because I can't remember every detail.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7964
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:39 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:A picture is worth a 100 words



    As one can plainly see, $2 gas is not the impossibility RoBZ claims it is.  In 2015 dollars, it has been a reality for much of the past century.


    BTW, the price also include Federal and State tax.  anybody not think those haven't come up in the past decade.


    so once again, the KARK clearly show RobZ simply invents stuff without double checking, then passes off his hypothesises as fact


    Well, they are not.  They are statements made with zero regard for the truth made with the intent to distort to narrative.  In short, a lie!


    finally, here is the link

    https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact-915-march-7-2016-average-historical-annual-gasoline-pump-price-1929-2015

    I don't think you really understand what a lie is.  I just happen to think we're not going to see gas sustain at $2.  I might be right.  I might be wrong.  Whatever I end up being, it won't mean I'm a liar.  LOL.  If gas was once $2 for a while, well then that's just special.  I just don't happen to envision it staying down at that level now.  If it does eventually get there, and stay there, you won't need for me to admit it or deny it.  It'll be right in front of our faces.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7964
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    Total Bullshit


    Your point was that the socalled powers that be would never allow gas prices this low and you made that claim when gas was over $4.  Palin had nothing to do with this.  Now you are just making crap up.


    at least be man enough to admit Newt was correct and you where completely wrong about your powers that be keeping the price of gas artificially high at $4+

    Tell you what, if you want to keep on with this, you might want to pull up where this all went down.  I clearly recall Gingrich and his 2.50 talk.  I may have scoffed at that, but I doubt it.  It's hard for me to buy the notion that I fought the idea of 2.50 gas, because I believe $2.50 to be plausible and always have.  I then remember someone trying to one up the idea and sell the notion of $2 gas.  Thought it was Palin.  I might be wrong about that (or LYING!!!!! about that).  I don't believe $2 can sustain, and I remember pretty clearly saying this.  And i still think this.  

    All that said, if you're so sure I'm lying, why don't you just prove it and find where I said what you say I said.  You've grown tiresome.  I know that the last remaining 2.7 people that read here know me not to be a liar, so you can keep posting it in all caps, and while people may think I'm fucking weird and pompous, I am pretty sure they know I don't knowingly lie.  We are all WRONG at times.  God knows I have been.  I still can't believe John Rauch had an actual career.  But you're not going to find me claiming gas can't get down to 2.50.  You just won't, but please do go and look.  And if you find it, it'll be because I have no memory of it and not because I'M A LIAR.  Not sure what kind of reason you have to believe I have anything to gain by lying on a message board of 5 people.  Maybe you need to rethink your priorities?  If I'm going to go on a board and lie, I'll do it on a much bigger and more populated board in true, grandiose style.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 am

    alohafri wrote: Yesterday at 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.



    My how things have changed since 7:22pm


    Razz

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

    THE KARK is assuming this is the Starbucks thread


    Any who


    Just heard on the radio that a black comedian went into a Starbucks and started demanding free coffee.  He told the clerk that Starbucks is a racist company and that he wanted his free coffee as reperations for being a black man in America.


    HE GOT THE COFFEE!!!


    However, I must admit that I have no idea if this was a bit, or if it really is this easy to white guilt your way into free stuff
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:07 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote: Yesterday at 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.



    My how things have changed since 7:22pm


    Razz

    Even Jesus reached his breaking point with those turning "my father's house into a market." That was the only time Jesus got violent.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:10 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:THE KARK is assuming this is the Starbucks thread


    Any who


    Just heard on the radio that a black comedian went into a Starbucks and started demanding free coffee.  He told the clerk that Starbucks is a racist company and that he wanted his free coffee as reperations for being a black man in America.


    HE GOT THE COFFEE!!!


    However, I must admit that I have no idea if this was a bit, or if it really is this easy to white guilt your way into free stuff

    What I don't get is the protests that are supposedly taking place today at Starbucks locations. Starbucks fired the manager in question. They are closing their stores for a day of racial sensitivity training. I can see a protest if Starbucks said, "heck with you, we support our manager." Then you protest. What more do these people want?

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by al in cal on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote: Yesterday at 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.



    My how things have changed since 7:22pm


    Razz Funny stuff. How a grown man can trip out like he did is hilarious. And his diatribe directed at me was bullshit. He is one vile human being and now he threatens me? Poor baby. I do not believe in global warming. He does. Big fucking deal. He is just a perfect example of how liberals cannot tolerate dissent to their wacky view of the world.

        So what do they do? Argue? Hell no. They consider themselves above that kind of stuff. So what do they do? They try to stop conservative thought by censorship. JUst take a look at what is going on right now in college campuses in this country where conservatives are plagued by administrators who will not allow two way discussion and/or arguments. This stuff even extends to high school and even elementary schools.

      Then you turn to the absolute bias of the regular news media outlets and all of the negative spin that they throw at any non-liberal action or thought. This is deliberate, of course, and actually is the act of bullies on the left. They cannot argue without getting personal. Just look at Aloha. 

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by al in cal on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:57 am

    alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.

    Since all you seem to understand is nasty talk, I'm going to give it to you here you fucking son of a bitch douchebag mother fucking asshole. I'm going to stick with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They seem to believe that it is both natural and human activities causing this shit. 


    http://www.noaa.gov/explainers/what-s-difference-between-climate-and-weather



    To say that it isn't one and it is all the other shows stupidity. And you are the dumbest mother fucking Russian troll I have encountered in all my years on the internet. So shit in your hat and pull it down over your ears you cocksucking asshole. And go ahead, say one more fucking word. I'll pull you off of here faster than you can say Jack Robinson. One more insult, one more, and you are fucking gone.

      Wowie. Are you drunk or stoned? What kind of bullshit is this. I do not believe in global warming. I said it. Sorry that you are so shallow that you cannot take someone who doesn't believe in your view of the world. Grow up and be a man. You start insulting me personally as soon as I dropped back in here with as vile expressions imaginable.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am

    Buh bye.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote: Yesterday at 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.



    My how things have changed since 7:22pm


    Razz

    Even Jesus reached his breaking point with those turning "my father's house into a market." That was the only time Jesus got violent.


    Now you know how I feel when Roger claims things that I now for a fact are not true.  Now you know how I feel when people blindly accept his falsehoods at face value and automatically assume that it must be the KARK that is wrong.


    BTW, RobZ does the exact same thing.  Outright invents stuff than assumes they are correct because it sounds plausible to him.  Then refuses to admit when he guesses wrong.  Instead, its some childish remark or some other weasly cop out.  Conversely, if refuses to admit when I am clearly right.  Just like $2 gas.


    Anyway, that is why I consider both liars and hypocrits incapable of holding an intelligent conversion.  Plus who has the time to check all their claims.  Sure, some are true.  Sure some guesses are correct.  But you never know what is invented bullshit.  Like RobZ completely false statement that ice ages end when CO2 exceed 200ppm.  


    PS, 2.99 at the Jewels over by their in Plainfield this morning.  That said, I doubt its a plot by the evil corporations which is what RobZ really infers, or is it implies.  

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am

    al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.


    THANK YOU AL!!!!


    Let me also add that it is accepted science that the Earth's orbit is NOT a true circle that repeats over and over and over again for billions and billions and billions of year.


    It is accepted science the the Sun moves in response to the gravitational pull of the planets.  Therefore, the Earth's orbit is always slightly ellipitcal and never quite the same from one year to the next.


    Also accepted science is that the Earth is tilted on tilts axis.  The tilt, while relatively stable, does change.  Science estimates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.  Science believes slight changes in the tilt can have severe consequences.  For example, science believe it was a change in tilt, from 24.14 to 23.45 degrees is what turned the Shara from a lush, fertile land into the desert it is today.


    So Kevin, you are free to believe as you wish.  But to me, the theories such as what I stated above make far more sense to me than the enviromental Wasa Tusa that Al Gore is selling.


    Finally, Trump was 100% correct to get the hell out of the Paris accords.  In my not so humble opinion, a fucked up treaty that would not have done anything meaningful regarding the climate, but would make certain people rich at the expense of middle class America.  So follow the money friend.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.


    THANK YOU AL!!!!


    Let me also add that it is accepted science that the Earth's orbit is NOT a true circle that repeats over and over and over again for billions and billions and billions of year.


    It is accepted science the the Sun moves in response to the gravitational pull of the planets.  Therefore, the Earth's orbit is always slightly ellipitcal and never quite the same from one year to the next.


    Also accepted science is that the Earth is tilted on tilts axis.  The tilt, while relatively stable, does change.  Science estimates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.  Science believes slight changes in the tilt can have severe consequences.  For example, science believe it was a change in tilt, from 24.14 to 23.45 degrees is what turned the Shara from a lush, fertile land into the desert it is today.


    So Kevin, you are free to believe as you wish.  But to me, the theories such as what I stated above make far more sense to me than the enviromental Wasa Tusa that Al Gore is selling.


    Finally, Trump was 100% correct to get the hell out of the Paris accords.  In my not so humble opinion, a fucked up treaty that would not have done anything meaningful regarding the climate, but would make certain people rich at the expense of middle class America.  So follow the money friend.

    Yes, follow the money. That is the first thing you have said that you haven't lied about. Follow the money. How much  money will be gained by Scott Pruitt's allowing of crap to be dumped into our drinking water, at the expense of middle class America?
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:58 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote: Yesterday at 8:36 pm

    Every man reaches his breaking point, and I've just reached mine with you. I let you back in because you asked. I figured that maybe you could behave. Apparently you can't.



    My how things have changed since 7:22pm


    Razz

    Even Jesus reached his breaking point with those turning "my father's house into a market." That was the only time Jesus got violent.


    Now you know how I feel when Roger claims things that I now for a fact are not true.  Now you know how I feel when people blindly accept his falsehoods at face value and automatically assume that it must be the KARK that is wrong.


    BTW, RobZ does the exact same thing.  Outright invents stuff than assumes they are correct because it sounds plausible to him.  Then refuses to admit when he guesses wrong.  Instead, its some childish remark or some other weasly cop out.  Conversely, if refuses to admit when I am clearly right.  Just like $2 gas.


    Anyway, that is why I consider both liars and hypocrits incapable of holding an intelligent conversion.  Plus who has the time to check all their claims.  Sure, some are true.  Sure some guesses are correct.  But you never know what is invented bullshit.  Like RobZ completely false statement that ice ages end when CO2 exceed 200ppm.  


    PS, 2.99 at the Jewels over by their in Plainfield this morning.  That said, I doubt its a plot by the evil corporations which is what RobZ really infers, or is it implies.  

    Ha! THEY can't have an intelligent conversation? If someone disagrees with you or presents facts and figures that run counter to your argument, they are branded a "liar". Pot, this is the kettle. You are black!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 pm

    Only because I can't revoke their membership


    BTW, Roger and RobZ have out right lied to me.  Not my fault if its in subjects you are not informed about.


    Your buddy Roger based his entire 1.8 premise on a correlation coefficent of his own invention.  Not the one taught in Stats 101.  Then he lied about it being a topic in advanced statistics.  Tell me how that is NOT a liar.  Then tell me how to have an intelligent conversation with a person clearly making up stuff?


    BTW, your friend RobZ pulls the same stunt on me all the time.  Your friend actually believes that Obama decreased the deficit at a historic rate.  Well I have brought this outrageous claim to real economic experts at the IL CPA Annual Finance and Tech Show and they were flabbergasted that someone could believe something so outrageously false.


    I presented the numbers myself on this board numerous times.  It should be obvious to anybody how your friend is grossly distorting actual events.  So tell me, how do you have an intelligent conversation with somebody grossly distorting the truth?  In other words lying.


    Maybe you should follow that Bible verse you listed last night a little more closely.


    PS, super weak banning Al.  And don't think I haven't notice that you tend to enter these discussions under the premise that I must somehow be in the wrong.  BTW, when have I ever accused you of lying?!?!?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:58 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.


    So why are "they" wrong and "you" are right? "Our" belief. Tell me Mr. Accountant. How much time have you spent studying the issue of climate? 

    Let me interject myself in this please. Kark is speaking logically. Why should anyone "trust" these proclamations from a bunch of so-called "experts" who are paid by interest groups to come out with this bull shit about global warming.

    The fucKING fact is that the SUN is the reason for the earths warmth and the SUN cannot be predicted. And the additional fact is that this entire campaign for the stupid notion of global warming is generated by liberals from the environmental tree huggers who compose a significant bloc of Democratic voters.

    I believe that what both parties should do is to come together and agree to a program of improving air quality and water conservation and purity and abandon this crap about supposedly reducing the temperature of the earth which they have NO FUCKING IDEA OF THE FACTS LET ALONE THE WAY THAT MANKIND CAN ACTUALLY Do IT.


    THANK YOU AL!!!!


    Let me also add that it is accepted science that the Earth's orbit is NOT a true circle that repeats over and over and over again for billions and billions and billions of year.


    It is accepted science the the Sun moves in response to the gravitational pull of the planets.  Therefore, the Earth's orbit is always slightly ellipitcal and never quite the same from one year to the next.


    Also accepted science is that the Earth is tilted on tilts axis.  The tilt, while relatively stable, does change.  Science estimates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees.  Science believes slight changes in the tilt can have severe consequences.  For example, science believe it was a change in tilt, from 24.14 to 23.45 degrees is what turned the Shara from a lush, fertile land into the desert it is today.


    So Kevin, you are free to believe as you wish.  But to me, the theories such as what I stated above make far more sense to me than the enviromental Wasa Tusa that Al Gore is selling.


    Finally, Trump was 100% correct to get the hell out of the Paris accords.  In my not so humble opinion, a fucked up treaty that would not have done anything meaningful regarding the climate, but would make certain people rich at the expense of middle class America.  So follow the money friend.

    Yes, follow the money. That is the first thing you have said that you haven't lied about. Follow the money. How much  money will be gained by Scott Pruitt's allowing of crap to be dumped into our drinking water, at the expense of middle class America?



    Where did I lie?


    Are you telling me that the sun stays perfectly still and doesn't wobble?
    Are you telling me the Earth's orbit is a perfect circle that never varies?
    Are you telling me the Sahara has always been a dessert?
    Are you telling me Al Gore hasn't made something like a billion dollars since leaving the White House and advancing the idea of man made global warming?
    Are you telling me that Scott Pruitt is using his govt position for personal enrichment?  How Karen Lewis of him!


    PS, wisecracks and rhetorical questions are not intelligent conversation  Razz
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7601
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Only because I can't revoke their membership


    BTW, Roger and RobZ have out right lied to me.  Not my fault if its in subjects you are not informed about.


    Your buddy Roger based his entire 1.8 premise on a correlation coefficent of his own invention.  Not the one taught in Stats 101.  Then he lied about it being a topic in advanced statistics.  Tell me how that is NOT a liar.  Then tell me how to have an intelligent conversation with a person clearly making up stuff?


    BTW, your friend RobZ pulls the same stunt on me all the time.  Your friend actually believes that Obama decreased the deficit at a historic rate.  Well I have brought this outrageous claim to real economic experts at the IL CPA Annual Finance and Tech Show and they were flabbergasted that someone could believe something so outrageously false.


    I presented the numbers myself on this board numerous times.  It should be obvious to anybody how your friend is grossly distorting actual events.  So tell me, how do you have an intelligent conversation with somebody grossly distorting the truth?  In other words lying.


    Maybe you should follow that Bible verse you listed last night a little more closely.


    PS, super weak banning Al.  And don't think I haven't notice that you tend to enter these discussions under the premise that I must somehow be in the wrong.  BTW, when have I ever accused you of lying?!?!?

    You have presented numbers and they have presented numbers. It takes a real big man to call someone a liar from behind the safety of your keyboard. 


    No one is keeping you here Kark. If you want to go elsewhere to find a bunch of people who agree with you, you are free to do so. According to you, you are the only correct person in the world. That's what you want, isn't it? You want people to bow down to your superior intellect.


    Al got himself banned because he can't stop himself from personally attacking people. The reason you haven't been banned is because I know you and know that probably more than 50% of what you do here is schtick. I can have conversations and disagreements with Roger, Rob, and the rest (and to some extent, Blondy) because they don't go from zero to "fuck you" at the drop of a hat. It gets old.


    If you treated people in person the way that you treat people on this board, you would die a lonely person. Like I said, I know that most of this is schtick to you. Al, not so much. He is a miserable prick.

    Sponsored content

    Re: This rumor has to be false

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm