Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

This rumor has to be false

This rumor has to be false

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Just heard on the radio that Starbucks is now longer serving black coffee

WTF?!?!?!!!?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: This rumor has to be false

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Just heard on the radio that Starbucks is now longer serving black coffee

WTF?!?!?!!!?

That's no longer serving blacks coffee.  Laughing

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Just heard on the radio that Starbucks is now longer serving black coffee

WTF?!?!?!!!?

Must be in retaliation for Scripps college out here holding a NO WHITES ALLOWED social event on their campus. OF course, since it does get funding from the federal government, they do accept whites paying taxes to support their causes:(

As far as not serving black coffee, what are they now going to call it, non-white coffee. Also do they still allow white milk to be served?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm

alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

I was wondering about that.  That change makes better sense.  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

One story I heard was that the guys weren't ordering coffee, they were just using the location for a meeting or something. I would think that the manager was well within his rights to ask them to order or leave. Calling 911 was a bit extreme.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

One story I heard was that the guys weren't ordering coffee, they were just using the location for a meeting or something. I would think that the manager was well within his rights to ask them to order or leave. Calling 911 was a bit extreme.

I have no problem at all with advising folks they can't just sit in there and take up space and not order anything.  That said, I have used Starbucks hundreds of times just for the bathroom, and since I have a travel baseball kid that's always having a practice at some oddball facility for hours on end, I'm constantly in Starbucks tapping away on my laptop while I wait for him to finish his nearby practice.  Usually I'll at least have a small coffee, but it's amazing how many people just sit in there and use the internet and talk on their phone and have no food or drink item in front of them.  I'm just there for convenience most of the time, and suspect that these dudes were, too.  Nobody has ever looked at me sideways a single time, or anyone else for that matter.  Not once has a manager asked some 18 yr old to either buy something or leave.  We weren't there so I don't know if they were acting goofy or shady.  There are a few people that were there who've said they were just sitting, talking quietly and bothering nobody.  If you're going to tell them to either buy something or leave, that's fair and that's fine.  But I'm hardly going on a limb to suggest that if it were you and Peg (or Pam and me) sitting there, no cops woulda been called.  Sure as hell can't figure out why cops needed calling, but maybe they refused to leave?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 pm

I figured I'd add that since I'm in a sales career, I meet a LOT of folks in Starbucks to either talk mortgage talk with them, or even to take an application and get them set up with a pre-approval letter.  Many times I've sat there by myself without ordering while waiting for my appointment to show up, figuring we'll order something together after he/she arrives.  Nobody has ever told me I needed to order something.  If anything, they run over to wipe my table and make sure I'm comfortable while I wait and stare at my phone.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:03 pm

What pisses me off about Starbucks is I've been in there with my wife and kids and would like to sit down and enjoy a cup of whatever and maybe a bagel and some dopey assholes are sitting on a table without consuming anything and having a meeting or sitting in front of a keyboard.

The people who do this shit are rude as hell to do what they do. It is selfish and I think that someone who encounters this kind of shit should absolutely have the right to go and ask the manager of the shop to ask those assholes to move. Fuck em.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I figured I'd add that since I'm in a sales career, I meet a LOT of folks in Starbucks to either talk mortgage talk with them, or even to take an application and get them set up with a pre-approval letter.  Many times I've sat there by myself without ordering while waiting for my appointment to show up, figuring we'll order something together after he/she arrives.  Nobody has ever told me I needed to order something.  If anything, they run over to wipe my table and make sure I'm comfortable while I wait and stare at my phone.

If I and my wife are waiting for a place to sit down and dine, then I am going to go to that manager and ask him pointedly to ask you to move and make room for a PAYING CUSTOMER. You are being rude to take up a seat while there are other people who want to buy the place's product.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Just read that the WHITES NOT ALLOWED pool party at the Claremont Colleges was cancelled by the school. And the head of the school commented that it was because of the threats of violence callers to the school made. OR.........

COULD it be that the actual CALLS TO THE SCHOOL were made by people who questioned the legality of such a segregated party that flew in the face of social justice. The Claremont Colleges are some of the most expensive and most liberal schools in the United States. So...... I while I do believe that there were going to be very loud protests which might have included me and my oldest son had we known when this bullshit was going to happen, I think that it is very much more likely that a whole lot of legitimate outrage was rained down on the colleges decision in the first place.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I don't make a habit of hanging at Starbucks and not having anything but, like I said, I sometimes have to wait in there for 5 mins or 15 mins, and typically don't order anything until after my meeting arrives.  I think that's what these dudes were doing.  No idea if they were going to eventually order something.  I assume not, or they'd probably have said so right there and then.  But in my many times of waiting without having anything, nobody has ever asked me to move along.  And if I were ever sitting at a table and could see people needing a table and buying food, I would always offer them my spot.  Nothing more annoying than not having a place to sit while the place is full of people using free internet.  

I'm probably somewhere in between those.  I get a drink, finish it in 15 mins, and then sit there another 75 mins waiting for my kid's practice to finish.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:19 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

I have no problem at all with advising folks they can't just sit in there and take up space and not order anything.  That said, I have used Starbucks hundreds of times just for the bathroom, and since I have a travel baseball kid that's always having a practice at some oddball facility for hours on end, I'm constantly in Starbucks tapping away on my laptop while I wait for him to finish his nearby practice.  Usually I'll at least have a small coffee, but it's amazing how many people just sit in there and use the internet and talk on their phone and have no food or drink item in front of them.  I'm just there for convenience most of the time, and suspect that these dudes were, too.  Nobody has ever looked at me sideways a single time, or anyone else for that matter.  Not once has a manager asked some 18 yr old to either buy something or leave.  We weren't there so I don't know if they were acting goofy or shady.  There are a few people that were there who've said they were just sitting, talking quietly and bothering nobody.  If you're going to tell them to either buy something or leave, that's fair and that's fine.  But I'm hardly going on a limb to suggest that if it were you and Peg (or Pam and me) sitting there, no cops woulda been called.  Sure as hell can't figure out why cops needed calling, but maybe they refused to leave?

First off, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Starbucks. That being said, this is just me, I've always felt uncomfortable going into a place, be it a McDonalds or something of the sort and not ordering something. If I'm meeting someone to sign some kind of document, or even just going in to take a leak, I feel I have to justify my "using" this place of business by ordering something...a pop, fries, something. That's just me. Businesses are not libraries, rest areas,  or "public places" in that regard. They have people to pay, they have buying customers who want to sit.

Taking race out of the equation, I've always thought businesses were well within their rights to ask a non-paying non-customer to leave.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am

al in cal wrote:Just read that the WHITES NOT ALLOWED pool party at the Claremont Colleges was cancelled by the school. And the head of the school commented that it was because of the threats of violence callers to the school made. OR.........

COULD it be that the actual CALLS TO THE SCHOOL were made by people who questioned the legality of such a segregated party that flew in the face of social justice. The Claremont Colleges are some of the most expensive and most liberal schools in the United States. So...... I while I do believe that there were going to be very loud protests which might have included me and my oldest son had we known when this bullshit was going to happen, I think that it is very much more likely that a whole lot of legitimate outrage was rained down on the colleges decision in the first place.

Like you would have gone to a "WHITES NOT ALLOWED" pool party in the first place.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 am

Soxillinirob wrote:I don't make a habit of hanging at Starbucks and not having anything but, like I said, I sometimes have to wait in there for 5 mins or 15 mins, and typically don't order anything until after my meeting arrives.  I think that's what these dudes were doing.  No idea if they were going to eventually order something.  I assume not, or they'd probably have said so right there and then.  But in my many times of waiting without having anything, nobody has ever asked me to move along.  And if I were ever sitting at a table and could see people needing a table and buying food, I would always offer them my spot.  Nothing more annoying than not having a place to sit while the place is full of people using free internet.  

I'm probably somewhere in between those.  I get a drink, finish it in 15 mins, and then sit there another 75 mins waiting for my kid's practice to finish.

Like you, I've grabbed tables for a business meeting before the person comes and then order something once they've arrived.   I do feel an obligation to buy something as part of the privilege of having a convenient place to meet people.  Although I'm sure some people are abusing the privilege without paying.  But that's part of the risks any business takes when it opens its facilities to customers. 

Trying to enforce a strict policy of buying something before using tables or restrooms and then rousting customers if they don't risks the good will of existing or would-be customers, some of whom may not spend every minute in the establishment eating or drinking.  You can only get away with that if your place is constantly crowded with paying customers who eat/drink quickly, leave and someone else immediately takes their table. 

If that particular Starbucks is lucky enough to be that busy, they can get away with enforcing that policy.  Otherwise it's a dumb business decision to incur ill will by confronting people and then calling cops.  Now look at the bad publicity they've drawn to themselves over this incident.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

rmapasad wrote:

Like you, I've grabbed tables for a business meeting before the person comes and then order something once they've arrived.   I do feel an obligation to buy something as part of the privilege of having a convenient place to meet people.  Although I'm sure some people are abusing the privilege without paying.  But that's part of the risks any business takes when it opens its facilities to customers. 

Trying to enforce a strict policy of buying something before using tables or restrooms and then rousting customers if they don't risks the good will of existing or would-be customers, some of whom may not spend every minute in the establishment eating or drinking.  You can only get away with that if your place is constantly crowded with paying customers who eat/drink quickly, leave and someone else immediately takes their table. 

If that particular Starbucks is lucky enough to be that busy, they can get away with enforcing that policy.  Otherwise it's a dumb business decision to incur ill will by confronting people and then calling cops.  Now look at the bad publicity they've drawn to themselves over this incident.

Buying at least a small coffee is the least one can do.  It has become pretty commonplace that when I stop into a Starbucks (probably once a week I have a meeting at one, or need to kill some time in one) there are what appears to be six or seven tables of people playing on their phone, using a laptop, etc, whereby most of those people don't appear to be patronizing the business.  Maybe they finished their drink and are lingering (guilty!  on many occasions).  Maybe they wandered in just to get the free internet.

I'd just say that if they want to enforce a strict policy of asking patrons to spend some money if accessing the tables and the free internet, they ought to just make that their standard policy instead of picking and choosing times to enforce it and ending up getting stuck in a shitstorm on the news.  If they were to ask me a way to manage this, and I'm sure they're on the phone wondering how to reach me, I'd just tell them they ought to include an internet access code that's a one time code that prints out on any paid receipt.  Buy a bagel and get an internet code that opens up a wifi line for 90 mins!!!!

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am

Soxillinirob wrote:I don't make a habit of hanging at Starbucks and not having anything but, like I said, I sometimes have to wait in there for 5 mins or 15 mins, and typically don't order anything until after my meeting arrives.  I think that's what these dudes were doing.  No idea if they were going to eventually order something.  I assume not, or they'd probably have said so right there and then.  But in my many times of waiting without having anything, nobody has ever asked me to move along.  And if I were ever sitting at a table and could see people needing a table and buying food, I would always offer them my spot.  Nothing more annoying than not having a place to sit while the place is full of people using free internet.  

I agree with what you said. I know that Starbucks makes beau coup money, but I think that they are probably losing a lot more when they allow people to just take up space and not buy anything.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 am

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

First off, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Starbucks. That being said, this is just me, I've always felt uncomfortable going into a place, be it a McDonalds or something of the sort and not ordering something. If I'm meeting someone to sign some kind of document, or even just going in to take a leak, I feel I have to justify my "using" this place of business by ordering something...a pop, fries, something. That's just me. Businesses are not libraries, rest areas,  or "public places" in that regard. They have people to pay, they have buying customers who want to sit.

Taking race out of the equation, I've always thought businesses were well within their rights to ask a non-paying non-customer to leave.

I agree. Same thing with me. My wife and I when traveling sometimes have to stop at the McDonald's or someplace else and use the bathroom. But we will also buy something to drink or eat when we stop. There is another thing that is a fact out in LA and that is the number of homeless people or vagrants who use the bathrooms and sometimes make a mess of them. I've also seen these people literally beg for money inside the place. OF course that is tough to take for people who just want to sit and eat.

The manager of this kind of place is then put in a tough spot, right? IF he calls the cops or asks these people to leave, the cell phones get energized and it goes out to the internet and he and the company he represents is the bad guy. I haven't followed this story about the Starbucks at all so I really don't know the particulars of the incident. Maybe those people he called the police on weren't doing anything wrong. Maybe they were. Maybe some other customers complained? 
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 am

al in cal wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

WTF?!?!?!!!?

I agree. Same thing with me. My wife and I when traveling sometimes have to stop at the McDonald's or someplace else and use the bathroom. But we will also buy something to drink or eat when we stop. There is another thing that is a fact out in LA and that is the number of homeless people or vagrants who use the bathrooms and sometimes make a mess of them. I've also seen these people literally beg for money inside the place. OF course that is tough to take for people who just want to sit and eat.

The manager of this kind of place is then put in a tough spot, right? IF he calls the cops or asks these people to leave, the cell phones get energized and it goes out to the internet and he and the company he represents is the bad guy. I haven't followed this story about the Starbucks at all so I really don't know the particulars of the incident. Maybe those people he called the police on weren't doing anything wrong. Maybe they were. Maybe some other customers complained? 

You know, Al. If you were always this rational and calm with your responses, you would get calm and rational back to you.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am

Maybe you tell your Schmuck friend something similiar.  Like stop lying everything he is proven wrong.  And it would also nice if he looked stuff up instead of make stuff up when he sticks his nose in other peoples conversation.

$2 gas, ice ages, 1.8, his complete re-write of Jesus, outright distortions of the Obama deficit.

You just can't trust your friend RobZ to be truthful.  Even when you nail his ass to the wall.  The lying fuck tries to weasel out of it instead of admitting he is wrong.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Maybe you tell your Schmuck friend something similiar.  Like stop lying everything he is proven wrong.  And it would also nice if he looked stuff up instead of make stuff up when he sticks his nose in other peoples conversation.

$2 gas, ice ages, 1.8, his complete re-write of Jesus, outright distortions of the Obama deficit.

You just can't trust your friend RobZ to be truthful.  Even when you nail his ass to the wall.  The lying fuck tries to weasel out of it instead of admitting he is wrong.

I haven't paid $2 for gas, even with my Shell discount card. $2 gas is $2 gas; it's not $2.50 gas; it's not $2.25 gas; it's not $2.15 gas. I'd give it to you if gas was down to $2.05. But that point is certainly moot now. 

You keep talking weather. Weather is different from climate. If you want to talk weather, you may have noticed that storms are becoming more powerful than they have been in a long time. This weather is awfully goofy lately, and in a very short amount of time. As much as his side is saying "this is 'settled science'" your side is also saying "this is 'settled science'" in a sense that climate change isn't happening.

For a Catholic, you sure sound a lot like an evangelical with their "Jesus has come to punish you sinners!" 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

alohafri wrote:

I haven't paid $2 for gas, even with my Shell discount card. $2 gas is $2 gas; it's not $2.50 gas; it's not $2.25 gas; it's not $2.15 gas. I'd give it to you if gas was down to $2.05. But that point is certainly moot now. 

You keep talking weather. Weather is different from climate. If you want to talk weather, you may have noticed that storms are becoming more powerful than they have been in a long time. This weather is awfully goofy lately, and in a very short amount of time. As much as his side is saying "this is 'settled science'" your side is also saying "this is 'settled science'" in a sense that climate change isn't happening.

Saw a couple of days ago where the North Pole was having daily highs of 40 degrees or so and we were colder.  I think of it more as climate change.  I realize they keep calling it global warming and saying our avg temps are rising.  Seems to me our falls are like summer and our winter seems like fall, and then our spring seems like fucking winter.  WTF is going on?  The only thing that's settled is that this is all fucked up.  

My position on gas prices has always been that we won't be able to sustain at $2.  I'd agree and give him his due if it settled in at 2.05 or even 2.10.  I remember there was Gingrich with some kind of 2.50 claim, and then, I believe, Palin trying one-up Gingrich and saying $2.  I found $2 laughable and said so.  We'll dip to 1.95 here and there, but hard to believe we can stop and stay there....UNLESS huge competition from battery cars or natural gas and whatnot.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Maybe you tell your Schmuck friend something similiar.  Like stop lying everything he is proven wrong.  And it would also nice if he looked stuff up instead of make stuff up when he sticks his nose in other peoples conversation.

The point is that its not $4 or $5 gas.  which was roughly the price range when Newt campaigned for President with his $2.50 signs.  Your buddy RobZ basically called him an idiot at which point I proclaimed with all our resources it s/b $2.  RobZ claimed the "powers that be" would never allow the price of gas to be that low.  That is the point of $2 gas.  So don't be fooled by RobZ's lies.  The point was never that it would be exactly $2.  However, RobZ, instead of being honest and admitting I was right, decided to start spewing nonsense about what is a sustainable profit margin in the gas industry.  Like he would know.  And to show he is a liar, he now denies making his "powers that be" statement.  BTW, I use $2 gas phrase just to annoy him

Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.

For a Catholic, you sure sound a lot like an evangelical with their "Jesus has come to punish you sinners!" 

Thank you for reminding me to call St Mary and tell her I'm leaving the parish so they can stop sending me envelopes that go straight into the trash every month.

and get it straight.  My position, which is based upon my memory of 12 years of education at St Barts and Gordon Tech, left me with the impression that while Jesus loved all, he only and forgave and healed those you repented and believed.  So for your friend RobZ to proclaim that the Son of God was cool with atheism has to be one of the dumbest and biggest lies ever told on this board.  I am very disappointed you did not set him straight.

PS, it is possible I misremembered my childhood catholic education.  So if you can find a Bible passage that refutes the repent and believe requirement. my eyes are wide open
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The point is that its not $4 or $5 gas.  which was roughly the price range when Newt campaigned for President with his $2.50 signs.  Your buddy RobZ basically called him an idiot at which point I proclaimed with all our resources it s/b $2.  RobZ claimed the "powers that be" would never allow the price of gas to be that low.  That is the point of $2 gas.  So don't be fooled by RobZ's lies.  The point was never that it would be exactly $2.  However, RobZ, instead of being honest and admitting I was right, decided to start spewing nonsense about what is a sustainable profit margin in the gas industry.  Like he would know.  And to show he is a liar, he now denies making his "powers that be" statement.  BTW, I use $2 gas phrase just to annoy him

Wrong.  People who believe like I do, which includes John Coleman of the weather channel and Patrick Moore, former Greenpeace president.  Our belief is that any climate changes that is happening is natural.  Mankind plays minimal, if any role.  CO2 is only the driver in flawed computer models but not in real life.  The effects of climate changes are grossly exaggerated by the left.  These scare tactics are not only costing us trillions of dollars on something that might never be a real problem, but is always taking away the time and resources to fix real problems that are happening now.  BTW, ice ages have destroyed more life on this planet than warming periods.

Thank you for reminding me to call St Mary and tell her I'm leaving the parish so they can stop sending me envelopes that go straight into the trash every month.

and get it straight.  My position, which is based upon my memory of 12 years of education at St Barts and Gordon Tech, left me with the impression that while Jesus loved all, he only and forgave and healed those you repented and believed.  So for your friend RobZ to proclaim that the Son of God was cool with atheism has to be one of the dumbest and biggest lies ever told on this board.  I am very disappointed you did not set him straight.

PS, it is possible I misremembered my childhood catholic education.  So if you can find a Bible passage that refutes the repent and believe requirement. my eyes are wide open

Tell me Lord Jesus. How do you know they haven't repented and now believe? We are all sinners.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Saw a couple of days ago where the North Pole was having daily highs of 40 degrees or so and we were colder.  I think of it more as climate change.  I realize they keep calling it global warming and saying our avg temps are rising.  Seems to me our falls are like summer and our winter seems like fall, and then our spring seems like fucking winter.  WTF is going on?  The only thing that's settled is that this is all fucked up.  

My position on gas prices has always been that we won't be able to sustain at $2.  I'd agree and give him his due if it settled in at 2.05 or even 2.10.  I remember there was Gingrich with some kind of 2.50 claim, and then, I believe, Palin trying one-up Gingrich and saying $2.  I found $2 laughable and said so.  We'll dip to 1.95 here and there, but hard to believe we can stop and stay there....UNLESS huge competition from battery cars or natural gas and whatnot.

Total Bullshit

Your point was that the socalled powers that be would never allow gas prices this low and you made that claim when gas was over $4.  Palin had nothing to do with this.  Now you are just making crap up.

at least be man enough to admit Newt was correct and you where completely wrong about your powers that be keeping the price of gas artificially high at $4+

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm

UNLESS huge competition from battery cars or natural gas and whatnot.

Even this makes ZERO economic sense!!!!!!

Even if we assume battery cars etc where able to reduce the demand for gas to the point of $2, it would do nothing to reduce the cost to produce that gas.  five years ago, gas was about a $1.50.  ZERO top do with your stupid battery cars.  Everything to do with a barrell of gas falling to $40.  See, its about the cost as well as the competition!

What really drove down the price of gas was the developing of fracking which gave the USA access to oil resources greater than Saudi Arabia.  This was a giant kick in the nuts to OPEC.  Thanks to fracking OPEC could never again charge $145 a barrell.  Today oil is about $65 a barrell because of the mere threat that the USA can start fracking away.  In other words, OPEC needs to undercut the frackers.  something a certain lying fracker on this board refuses to ackknowledge

BTW, there are no large dips in gasoline usage, so RobZ and his battery car theory is just another one of his inventions.  they did not cause the $2 gas we have all been enjoying the past 6 years

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 am