Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    TRUMP WINNING

    Share
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7647
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:What part of your or Scott Walker's career choice am I criticizing? And I stand on my assertion that neither you nor Scott Walker would last 30 days in my job. I say the same about Rob, and he used to teach. I don't recall Blondy criticizing other people's chosen careers. Try to stay on topic here.


    Homeschooling is an option. 



    *********************


    When you claim Scott and I would be lead off in handcuffs, it comes off as a criticism.  Or is it simply an insult?  Either way, you choose to offend rather than come off as a rational adult.  I also have to wonder how difficult you really have it.  Tell me, can a single parent complaint get you fired, or deny you a raise?  To suggest use non teachers can't relate is bull.  I'm sure everybody here has had to deal with a nasty, irrational customer where your boss either couldn't or refuse to back you.  Heck, its the reason I left an easy customer service job at Ameritech to go to CPA school.  I'd be 8 years away from a full pension, had I stayed.  Assuming I wouldn't have drunk myself to death by now.  NOw, its all 401K and social security and Donald Trump had breathed new life into my reitrement plans


    BTW, who's career choice did I criticize?  I just don't believe you or anybody else deserves 30 years of pension checks after just 30 years of payroll checks.  Now maybe a retirement age of 55 is justified if you life expectancy is the early 70's or less.  But if you are going to live until 90+; then you should be working until 70.

    You had the same choices I did when I made them. I, however, never even considered the retirement perks when I went into teaching. I was hoping to make a difference. I have been told in many ways that I have. And no negative comments from you or anyone else can take that away.


    And we have administrators who refuse to back teachers. They are looking for their next job. The "teachers can't get fired because of tenure" is utter bull crap. I have seen it happen. All tenure guarantees us is the right to due process. Jealous that you don't have it? And yes, we deal with nasty, irrational parents on a nearly daily basis. I have a file cabinet full of communications from parents to my team of teachers. I have students leaving for vacation during the year "because the rates at Disney are cheaper in April than they are during Spring break." The students miss a week's worth of work and don't make it up. We aren't allowed to hold them accountable for the work. We are told by administrators that if a kid wants to make up a test that they aren't happy with from October and it's now April, we have to let them retake the test. We have administrators changing grades by the request of parents. We have parents requesting special ed services for students that in our professional opinions don't need those services. We have parents who think they know more about what we are teaching because they once "took a class." We have parents overriding our recommendations for high school classes because "her sister took the class and did well."


    I'm sure you would just love to see little Stanley or Megan in a classroom taught by a 70 year old man or woman who can barely get around anymore.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7647
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:23 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Homeschooling is an option. 


    ****************************


    How is this an option if you claim I am incapable of being a teacher?  Not a very consistent argument.  Anyway, I am sure you are well aware that teachers unions and other progressive groups are looking to get homeschooling outlawed.  Or at the very least regulate it to the point where it isn't a feasible option. 

    Of course, because you are in 100% agreement with the Republican party, everyone else is in 100% agreement with every organization they belong to.


    You really want to compare homeschooling with teaching in the classroom?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Guest on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am

    I'm sure you would just love to see little Stanley or Megan in a classroom taught by a 70 year old man or woman who can barely get around anymore.


    *******************


    painting with a very large brush I see.


    BTW, how old is Bernie Sanders?  How many on this board wanted him President?  I would think being President of the United States at the very least rises to the difficulty level of putting up with a couple dozen Stanley's a periods times 9 periods a day times 5 days a week times 40 weeks a year.


    How many of our politcitians, as well has justices, are 70+?  but here you are claiming its teachers that need to be termed limited.


    Again, very inconsistant on your part.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 8009
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:BTW, who's career choice did I criticize?  I just don't believe you or anybody else deserves 30 years of pension checks after just 30 years of payroll checks.  Now maybe a retirement age of 55 is justified if you life expectancy is the early 70's or less.  But if you are going to live until 90+; then you should be working until 70.

    Does it really matter what you or I or anyone thinks Kevin deserves?  Kevin's union negotiates a contract with the district and Kevin gets what his union negotiates.  Kevin can either accept that or look elsewhere for work.  Granted, the district receives funding from tax dollars, and I can see how you'd take that to mean that you get to have some input about what Kevin our some other teacher ought to receive, but the union seeks the best deal with the district.  If you're going to get all righteous, get angry at the district for negotiating a terrible deal.  It's not the union's or Kevin's responsibility to make sure that the state can afford his retirement or pension.  Lots of teachers go into teaching not only because they enjoy it, but because the pay is stable, reliable, and offers summers off and a comfortable retirement.  Can't exactly pull that rug out midway through their careers.  

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Guest on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:17 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Homeschooling is an option. 


    ****************************


    How is this an option if you claim I am incapable of being a teacher?  Not a very consistent argument.  Anyway, I am sure you are well aware that teachers unions and other progressive groups are looking to get homeschooling outlawed.  Or at the very least regulate it to the point where it isn't a feasible option. 

    Of course, because you are in 100% agreement with the Republican party, everyone else is in 100% agreement with every organization they belong to.


    You really want to compare homeschooling with teaching in the classroom?


    You rebuttual makes zero sense.


    First you tell me homeschooling is an option.  Now you are implying, or is it inferring, that it is not a very good option.  I fail to see what being a Republican has to do with this.


    BTW, if I am in 100% agreement with the Republican party, why are you disagreeing with me?  aren't you the true Republican and I'm just a Tea party RINO?  You have this very nasty habit of contradicting current arguments with past statements. 


    As for a comparison of the two


    https://hecoa.com/top-5-arguments-against-homeschooling



    Plus they'd be far safer:


    https://townhall.com/columnists/joyoverbeck/2018/04/23/are-teachers-more-dangerous-than-mass-murderers-n2473500



    PS, Congrats on making a difference.  Never said you didn't.  Maybe you just need to find a better way to articulate it, at least on this board.  And quit being so thinned skin about it.  Yes, I do know I am playing the kettle.  But then, I was trying to play nice with Blondy b4 so had to throw politics back into it.  Still have yet to hear from either of you two how Trump is screwing the teaching profession.


    PSS, I still want to wring the neck of the teacher that told Stanley C means your average.  What a stupid thing to tell a kid.  I only know of one test where a person should be proud of a 75.  It will take a heck of a lot more than C work to sit for that exam, let alone pass it.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7647
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:18 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:I'm sure you would just love to see little Stanley or Megan in a classroom taught by a 70 year old man or woman who can barely get around anymore.


    *******************


    painting with a very large brush I see.


    BTW, how old is Bernie Sanders?  How many on this board wanted him President?  I would think being President of the United States at the very least rises to the difficulty level of putting up with a couple dozen Stanley's a periods times 9 periods a day times 5 days a week times 40 weeks a year.


    How many of our politcitians, as well has justices, are 70+?  but here you are claiming its teachers that need to be termed limited.


    Again, very inconsistant on your part.

    Teachers can teach as long as they want to and many of them teach well beyond the 55 year old threshold. I work with some. They are not "term limited." Politicians can stay in office as long as they can get elected. Those who want to stay there are there at 70 because they want to be, not because they HAVE to be there in order to qualify for their pension.


    Apples and oranges. People are different when they are talking about the President and when they are talking about the person they are trusting to educate their kids. 70 years old as President or Senator or Justice, and people respond "eh." But a 70 year old teacher teaching some 6th grade classroom and "how can that woman relate to my kid?" is the response.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7647
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Homeschooling is an option. 


    ****************************


    How is this an option if you claim I am incapable of being a teacher?  Not a very consistent argument.  Anyway, I am sure you are well aware that teachers unions and other progressive groups are looking to get homeschooling outlawed.  Or at the very least regulate it to the point where it isn't a feasible option. 

    Of course, because you are in 100% agreement with the Republican party, everyone else is in 100% agreement with every organization they belong to.


    You really want to compare homeschooling with teaching in the classroom?


    You rebuttual makes zero sense.


    First you tell me homeschooling is an option.  Now you are implying, or is it inferring, that it is not a very good option.  I fail to see what being a Republican has to do with this.


    BTW, if I am in 100% agreement with the Republican party, why are you disagreeing with me?  aren't you the true Republican and I'm just a Tea party RINO?  You have this very nasty habit of contradicting current arguments with past statements. 


    As for a comparison of the two


    https://hecoa.com/top-5-arguments-against-homeschooling



    Plus they'd be far safer:


    https://townhall.com/columnists/joyoverbeck/2018/04/23/are-teachers-more-dangerous-than-mass-murderers-n2473500



    PS, Congrats on making a difference.  Never said you didn't.  Maybe you just need to find a better way to articulate it, at least on this board.  And quit being so thinned skin about it.  Yes, I do know I am playing the kettle.  But then, I was trying to play nice with Blondy b4 so had to throw politics back into it.  Still have yet to hear from either of you two how Trump is screwing the teaching profession.


    PSS, I still want to wring the neck of the teacher that told Stanley C means your average.  What a stupid thing to tell a kid.  I only know of one test where a person should be proud of a 75.  It will take a heck of a lot more than C work to sit for that exam, let alone pass it.

    I'm just going to end this conversation right here. I had reached my end with Al in Cal and I have now reached it with you.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Guest on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm

    But a 70 year old teacher teaching some 6th grade classroom and "how can that woman relate to my kid?" is the response.


    ****************************


    HOW WOULD A PERSON BORN IN 1967 BE ANY DIFFERENT?


    VERY LARGE DIFFERENCe BETWEEN PONG AND TODAY'S SHOOT EM UP VIDEO GAMES.


    But since you see these 12-14 years olds every single day, tell me, do they play ball as often as the kids in our generation?  Just often is the phrase GET OFF MY LAWN uttered in today's worlds, compared to the 70's.  If you can bridge a 35-40 year gap, why can't a 70 yr old bridge a 55 year gap?


    In fact, you just stated that you know 70 year old teachers.  So obviously it can be done.  Obviously is possible for them to maintain the necessary energy level as well.  So again, you are just contradicting yourself.


    What you clearly fail to comprehend is that me claiming the current pension system is unsustainable is not the same as me claiming teachers are a bunch of @$#@$@#.  One or two maybe are.  But I don't recall ever claiming they were as a group.


    PS, still waiting to hear about all those evil Trump policies that are hindering you ability to make a difference.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Guest on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm

    I'm just going to end this conversation right here. I had reached my end with Al in Cal and I have now reached it with you.


    *****************************


    and how does that make me feel?


    I feel like Lt Daniel Kaffe who just got Col Nathan R Jessep to admit to issuing the code red while ranting and raving that it is I that can't handle the truth.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Guest on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 am

    Blondy28 wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Blondy

    I completely disagree about your assessment of the much needed tax cuts.  However, time will tell.  Besides, there are so many ways govt can screw us, so our grandkids where probably screwed well before Nov of 2016.

    BTW. I believe you meant personal exemptions, not SALT.  My understanding is that we can still deduct real estate taxes up to 10K.  

    Finally, how is your daughter.  I recall last year at this time she decided to drop out of college.  Hope she overcame her personal issues.  The way you describe her makes her sound look like a bright and talented young lady.  Plus she has her mothers good looks.  Wink   In this now great again Nation. No reason she can’t go far and be quite successful

    Sincerely 
    THE KARK

    SALT:

    https://capitolfax.com/2018/04/18/its-just-a-bill-80/



    Just as I thought, Blondy posting out of her ass again.


    well here is what the IL CPA Society has to say about it on page 49 of their monthly trade publication


    BOTH PROPOSALS DEPEND ON THE IRS AGREEING THAT THE "DONATIONS" WOULD QUALIFY AS CHARITABLE DONATIONS FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES


    Common sense people!!!!!!


    Anybody here honestly think the IRS will reclass a tax as a charitable donation?!?!?!?  The job of the IRS is to collect money.  Think they throw away buckets of cash on something this filmsy.  I know people on this board think its OK to invent your own math.  But trust me, the IRS does not let you invent your own tax.


    PS, for someone as poor as Blondy claims to be, I doubt SALT effects her.  If so, I bet its a small fraction of what she lost on personal exemptions.  People like Blondy should use their brains and petition congress to reinstate the personal exemption.  Not waste their time on frivalous scams that will be denied by the IRS and laughed out of tax court.

    Sponsored content

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:09 am