Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    TRUMP WINNING

    Share

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by al in cal on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:16 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Speaking of the tax cuts.  Anybody else see that the CBO has admitted to grossly overestimating the effects on the national debt because they did not take into account the positive effects the tax cuts would have on the economy.


    Yet on this board, we have a lying jackass claiming now is not he time for tax cuts


    Maybe if this fascist hypocrit paid attention to the real world instead of leftwing propaganda, he'd realize that the reason the economy took off when the majority of US citizens voted for Trump where the promised tax cuts.  Maybe this lying schmuck should realize that renigging on this promise would have put a grinding halt on the growth this now great again nation is experiencing for the past year and a quarter.


    Anyway, the CBO goes from 1.9 trillion to under a trillion because it remembered to include the growing economy.  How likely is it the CBO is underestimating the growth of the economy?  Very likely I say.  Considiring they have a very long history to getting things wrong.  So a very good chance the Trump cuts pay for themselves.

     Excellent points, Kark. I have long been calling for a complete replacement of the CBO with a competent "scoring" agency. You have a good statistical background. Any ideas about what such an agency should use as their tool box?

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by al in cal on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:23 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Speaking of the tax cuts.  Anybody else see that the CBO has admitted to grossly overestimating the effects on the national debt because they did not take into account the positive effects the tax cuts would have on the economy.


    Yet on this board, we have a lying jackass claiming now is not he time for tax cuts


    Maybe if this fascist hypocrit paid attention to the real world instead of leftwing propaganda, he'd realize that the reason the economy took off when the majority of US citizens voted for Trump where the promised tax cuts.  Maybe this lying schmuck should realize that renigging on this promise would have put a grinding halt on the growth this now great again nation is experiencing for the past year and a quarter.


    Anyway, the CBO goes from 1.9 trillion to under a trillion because it remembered to include the growing economy.  How likely is it the CBO is underestimating the growth of the economy?  Very likely I say.  Considiring they have a very long history to getting things wrong.  So a very good chance the Trump cuts pay for themselves.

    I guess we'll eventually see what happens.  Not sure when this great growth is coming.  Tax cuts usually give you 12-18 months of growth, if any.  After that, that new level of spendable cash is the new normal and doesn't necessarily lead to more growth.  Doing tax cuts for growth is fool's gold.  It's worth doing in a recession if you re-raise them after the recession ends.  Nothing wrong with stimulating growth for a spell.  We have had a number of tax cuts since Reagan, and only the tax increase under Clinton.  You can only cut taxes so many times before you cut off your revenue stream.  I know I've said this before but your assumption that tax cuts lead to growth and to more revenues is nonsense unless you are on the east side of the Laffer Curve.  There is no reason or evidence to lead anyone to the assumption we're on the east side of the curve.  Your comments about lowering taxes leading to higher revenues and growth would make one think they should just lower taxes to 1% to maximize growth AND revenues.  I think we both know that's equally nonsensical.


    You keep speaking of this wild growth that's coming.  The latest update I've seen is that we're on track for a mid-2's year of growth.  Really?  I'd say we'll need at least 3.5% growth to not run the kind of deficits that are being predicted.  Next year's growth expectation is closer to 2% or a bit less.  Look, I don't think 2 or 2.5% is a bad year.  I view that as just fine and dandy.  Way too much worrying about growth.  We're a mature economy.  If we can stay between 1% and 3% for the next ten years, and avoid a recession, I'll call that a wild success.      

      YOu will see 3% - 4% consistently over Trump's first term and probably 5% over his next term. THis is because economic growth will not just be positive because of the tax cuts themselves but also the positive effect of deregulation and removal of harmful EPA regulations. Already, business is ramping up and making necessary changes to prepare for its surge in production.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:28 am

    Dear Blondy,

    Read your reply.

    Yes, I think at the end of this he day the tax cuts we benefit America.

    Maybe not every single American.  Definitely not equally.  But it will make things better and not just for the rich.

    Th real problem is politicians use OUR tax dollars to buy votes.  You seem to recognize that.  The best cure is to repeal it he 16 amendment.  But that will never happen.

    al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2009-04-11
    Age : 73
    Location : California

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by al in cal on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:38 pm

    A terrific American woman died today, Barbara Bush. It is too bad that there aren't more people on this planet like her. Strong woman. Level headed. Speaks her mind but in a non emotional way. Terrifically loyal to her family but cracks the whip. Married to a true war hero where the term war hero gets used way too much for people who have been in a war.

      I imagine her hubby will be gone pretty soon. It typically happens. A true man's man married to a great gal for a long time. I will miss them and God bless them.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 pm

    al in cal wrote:A terrific American woman died today, Barbara Bush. It is too bad that there aren't more people on this planet like her. Strong woman. Level headed. Speaks her mind but in a non emotional way. Terrifically loyal to her family but cracks the whip. Married to a true war hero where the term war hero gets used way too much for people who have been in a war.

      I imagine her hubby will be gone pretty soon. It typically happens. A true man's man married to a great gal for a long time. I will miss them and God bless them.

    She was definitely the "grandmotherly" type of first lady...and I mean that as a compliment.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7934
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm

    alohafri wrote:

    She was definitely the "grandmotherly" type of first lady...and I mean that as a compliment.

    I can't remember a single First Lady that wasn't a credit to the position.  Even Melania conducts herself with class and dignity, much unlike her hubby.  I feel sorry for her.  Laura Bush was always my favorite, and she raised some nice kids, to boot.
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1592
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Blondy28 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Dear Blondy,

    Read your reply.

    Yes, I think at the end of this he day the tax cuts we benefit America.

    Maybe not every single American.  Definitely not equally.  But it will make things better and not just for the rich.

    Th real problem is politicians use OUR tax dollars to buy votes.  You seem to recognize that.  The best cure is to repeal it he 16 amendment.  But that will never happen.

    I think the tax scam has guaranteed that our children and grandchildren will be forever fucked.  But it seems that the State of Illinois is actually going to try to get us our SALT deduction back...with veto-proof majorities.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am

    Blondy

    I completely disagree about your assessment of the much needed tax cuts.  However, time will tell.  Besides, there are so many ways govt can screw us, so our grandkids where probably screwed well before Nov of 2016.

    BTW. I believe you meant personal exemptions, not SALT.  My understanding is that we can still deduct real estate taxes up to 10K.  

    Finally, how is your daughter.  I recall last year at this time she decided to drop out of college.  Hope she overcame her personal issues.  The way you describe her makes her sound look like a bright and talented young lady.  Plus she has her mothers good looks.  Wink   In this now great again Nation. No reason she can’t go far and be quite successful

    Sincerely 
    THE KARK
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1592
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:36 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Blondy

    I completely disagree about your assessment of the much needed tax cuts.  However, time will tell.  Besides, there are so many ways govt can screw us, so our grandkids where probably screwed well before Nov of 2016.

    BTW. I believe you meant personal exemptions, not SALT.  My understanding is that we can still deduct real estate taxes up to 10K.  

    Finally, how is your daughter.  I recall last year at this time she decided to drop out of college.  Hope she overcame her personal issues.  The way you describe her makes her sound look like a bright and talented young lady.  Plus she has her mothers good looks.  Wink   In this now great again Nation. No reason she can’t go far and be quite successful

    Sincerely 
    THE KARK

    Nope, I meant the SALT deduction.  They're doing something that involves property taxes being paid as a charitable contribution.  

    Gab didn't drop out of college.  She left University of Kentucky after one semester (made the Dean's list, btw, even though she hated it there) and has since been going to Harper College, where she has thrived academically and in every other way.  She has gotten straight A's, is a Phi Theta Kappa honor student, and has been a phenom on their speech and debate team.  Last week she won a gold medal in Impromptu speaking at the Speech and Debate Nationals in Daytona Beach.  She and Jake both received Speech scholarships for this semester.  Gab works for the speech department at Harper, and is a student instructor at Harper tutoring in math.  Having taken French since 7th grade, and tested out in AP, Harper doesn't offer any French classes high enough for her, so this semester, she took Spanish 201 (they waived the 101 requirement because she is fluent in French), and she's the top student in Spanish 201.  She's going to Ecuador this summer with the Harper Spanish program.  She will be transferring to Lake Forest in the fall.   She plans to be a teacher, so there's nothing under Trump that's good for her.  If you think conservative policies are good for teachers, you should probably look at the paychecks of teachers in conservative states.  No bueno.

    Here she is with her Gold plaque last week.



    Last edited by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1592
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:04 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Blondy

    I completely disagree about your assessment of the much needed tax cuts.  However, time will tell.  Besides, there are so many ways govt can screw us, so our grandkids where probably screwed well before Nov of 2016.

    BTW. I believe you meant personal exemptions, not SALT.  My understanding is that we can still deduct real estate taxes up to 10K.  

    Finally, how is your daughter.  I recall last year at this time she decided to drop out of college.  Hope she overcame her personal issues.  The way you describe her makes her sound look like a bright and talented young lady.  Plus she has her mothers good looks.  Wink   In this now great again Nation. No reason she can’t go far and be quite successful

    Sincerely 
    THE KARK

    SALT:

    https://capitolfax.com/2018/04/18/its-just-a-bill-80/
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm

    Now why did you ruin that beautiful story about your daughter with a cheap shot at Trump


    Crying or Very sad
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1592
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Now why did you ruin that beautiful story about your daughter with a cheap shot at Trump


    Crying or Very sad

    Not cheap as much as true.  If you feel that Trump is good for the profession of teaching, perhaps you can identify those policies.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm

    To be honest, I never knew he had an agenda specifically for teachers.  I just assumed at the very least, they’d benefit just like the overwhelming majority of this now great again Nation is benefiting.

     But here are two things that have to help:
    1) a teachers job has to be easier when there are less illegals in the classroom
    2) schools won’t be blackmailed when some transgendered throws a fit about not getting to take his clothes off in front of teenage girls
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1592
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Blondy28 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:To be honest, I never knew he had an agenda specifically for teachers.  I just assumed at the very least, they’d benefit just like the overwhelming majority of this now great again Nation is benefiting.

     But here are two things that have to help:
    1) a teachers job has to be easier when there are less illegals in the classroom
    2) schools won’t be blackmailed when some transgendered throws a fit about not getting to take his clothes off in front of teenage girls

    Nope, he doesn't.  He has an agenda for rich people and Putin.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

    Blondy28 wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Now why did you ruin that beautiful story about your daughter with a cheap shot at Trump


    Crying or Very sad

    Not cheap as much as true.  If you feel that Trump is good for the profession of teaching, perhaps you can identify those policies.

    Or he can become one.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7934
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:53 am

    He couldn't teach anything above 3rd grade, since the average 4th grader is smarter, more honest, more ethical, and of better moral character.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am

    alohafri wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Now why did you ruin that beautiful story about your daughter with a cheap shot at Trump


    Crying or Very sad

    Not cheap as much as true.  If you feel that Trump is good for the profession of teaching, perhaps you can identify those policies.

    Or he can become one.


    Who?!?!?!?  The KARK?!?!?!?


    What's the point?!?!?!?!?


    By time I get the degree I'd be at retirement age.  Five more years, right Kevin?!?!?!


    BTW, just love I Blondy criticizes conservative states for refusing to set up an Illinois style ponzi scheme for pensions.  With people routinely living into their late 80's early 90's, retirement in your mid 50's is no longer sustainable.  You simply cannot pay people to work for 30 years, they pay them to do nothing for the next 30.  Until people realize this vey simple and very obvious math, the system will never gets fixed.  Ditto social security.  They say people born today will live to 150.  No way in hell can they start collecting social security at 67.  Yet how many times to today are people screaming that even a year increase is draconian?


    This is the problem with socialism.  People love that government is assuming all the risk, while the masses get all the reward.  What people fail to realize is that there is not that much reward to go around.  Eventually we all get ground down to the lowest common demoninator.  Except of course the ruling class.  Amazing how the rich rulers never go away.  They may get replaced, but they never go away.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am

    Or he can become one.


    ***********************


    I'll become a teacher when you open up a retail shop in Bolingbrook.  Then you can tell me how much nicer customers and employees are than parents.  I bet a parent never stole from you.  And you better get used to going to the 7am mass on Sunday's.  The weekends are when you sell the most.  Hope your drinking buddies don't miss you too much on Friday and Saturday.  On the bright side, you'll have much lower electric bills in the summer.  No need to run the air conditioning when you are at work 60 hours a week.  Can't wait to see your first fight with RobZ when he tells you that you should be paying high school kids $15 an hour.  Or that you don't deserve a tax cut.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Or he can become one.


    ***********************


    I'll become a teacher when you open up a retail shop in Bolingbrook.  Then you can tell me how much nicer customers and employees are than parents.  I bet a parent never stole from you.  And you better get used to going to the 7am mass on Sunday's.  The weekends are when you sell the most.  Hope your drinking buddies don't miss you too much on Friday and Saturday.  On the bright side, you'll have much lower electric bills in the summer.  No need to run the air conditioning when you are at work 60 hours a week.  Can't wait to see your first fight with RobZ when he tells you that you should be paying high school kids $15 an hour.  Or that you don't deserve a tax cut.

    I just get to deal with asshats like you who think they know what a teacher does because they spent a few years in a classroom on the other side of the desk.


    And, for your information, I never criticize people for the career they have chosen. The same can't be said for you and your ilk.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7934
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:04 am

    Who is saying this?  Where are they saying this?  I read two years ago in a National Geographic that medical analysts believe that a child born in 2015 in an advanced country has a life expectancy of 100 yrs.  Not sure where the add'l 50 came from.


    Even at 100 yrs old, your point is still a fair one and shouldn't be overlooked, but living to 100 doesn't necessarily mean we'll be physically or mentally capable of working much past 65-70 yrs old.  
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:07 am

    Really,


    Then why did you suggest I become a teacher instead of telling Blondy to give some examples of what she is claiming?


    BTW, nice naming calling.  As for you never criticizing, you are the one claiming me and Scott Walker couldn't last 30 days in your profession.  Where did I criticize yours other than to suggest 30 - 40 year retirements are not sustainable.  Which is true for any profession.  


    PS, Stan's US History potentially screwed up his grading scale,  Projects are to account for 305 of the the grade.  to date, just one small project assigned.  It was worth 24 points.  214 total points have been assigned so far this semester.  Stanley tells me no other projects have been assigned.  Home Access confirms this.  So as of now, a glorified homework assignment will count more than the final exam.  Unless things change in a hurry, I will have no choice but to call the school to get this teacher's bad math corrected
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7934
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Can't wait to see your first fight with RobZ when he tells you that you should be paying high school kids $15 an hour.  Or that you don't deserve a tax cut.

    Maybe you can show me where I have ever suggested a $15 min wage?  I'll give you a hint...you'll not find it.


    I'm also not necessarily against tax cuts.  Kind of depends on whose taxes are cut and what the economy is doing at the time.  Right now isn't a time that tax cuts are needed.  Right now, a tax cut = a deficit increase.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7556
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:24 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Really,


    Then why did you suggest I become a teacher instead of telling Blondy to give some examples of what she is claiming?


    BTW, nice naming calling.  As for you never criticizing, you are the one claiming me and Scott Walker couldn't last 30 days in your profession.  Where did I criticize yours other than to suggest 30 - 40 year retirements are not sustainable.  Which is true for any profession.  


    PS, Stan's US History potentially screwed up his grading scale,  Projects are to account for 305 of the the grade.  to date, just one small project assigned.  It was worth 24 points.  214 total points have been assigned so far this semester.  Stanley tells me no other projects have been assigned.  Home Access confirms this.  So as of now, a glorified homework assignment will count more than the final exam.  Unless things change in a hurry, I will have no choice but to call the school to get this teacher's bad math corrected

    What part of your or Scott Walker's career choice am I criticizing? And I stand on my assertion that neither you nor Scott Walker would last 30 days in my job. I say the same about Rob, and he used to teach. I don't recall Blondy criticizing other people's chosen careers. Try to stay on topic here.


    Homeschooling is an option. 
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 am

    What part of your or Scott Walker's career choice am I criticizing? And I stand on my assertion that neither you nor Scott Walker would last 30 days in my job. I say the same about Rob, and he used to teach. I don't recall Blondy criticizing other people's chosen careers. Try to stay on topic here.


    Homeschooling is an option. 



    *********************


    When you claim Scott and I would be lead off in handcuffs, it comes off as a criticism.  Or is it simply an insult?  Either way, you choose to offend rather than come off as a rational adult.  I also have to wonder how difficult you really have it.  Tell me, can a single parent complaint get you fired, or deny you a raise?  To suggest use non teachers can't relate is bull.  I'm sure everybody here has had to deal with a nasty, irrational customer where your boss either couldn't or refuse to back you.  Heck, its the reason I left an easy customer service job at Ameritech to go to CPA school.  I'd be 8 years away from a full pension, had I stayed.  Assuming I wouldn't have drunk myself to death by now.  NOw, its all 401K and social security and Donald Trump had breathed new life into my reitrement plans


    BTW, who's career choice did I criticize?  I just don't believe you or anybody else deserves 30 years of pension checks after just 30 years of payroll checks.  Now maybe a retirement age of 55 is justified if you life expectancy is the early 70's or less.  But if you are going to live until 90+; then you should be working until 70.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2913
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 am

    Homeschooling is an option. 


    ****************************


    How is this an option if you claim I am incapable of being a teacher?  Not a very consistent argument.  Anyway, I am sure you are well aware that teachers unions and other progressive groups are looking to get homeschooling outlawed.  Or at the very least regulate it to the point where it isn't a feasible option. 

    Sponsored content

    Re: TRUMP WINNING

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:45 am