Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

TRUMP WINNING

TRUMP WINNING

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am

CHINA BACKING OFF THE TRADE WAR THREAT

KOREA WILLING TO TALK ABOUT DE-NUKING.

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

THE DISASTER OF OBAMACARE ALMOST REPEALED IF NOT FOR JOHN MCCAIN

STILL WAITING ON THE WALL

BUT AMERICA IS CLEARLY FAR BETTER OFF TODAY THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER HILLARY AND THE CONTINUE FAILED POLICIES OF OBAMA

AND THIS IS WITH THE DEMOCRAT PARTY MINDLESSLY OBSTRUCTING EVERYTHING AND THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OUT RIGHT DISTORTING EVERYTHING.

JUST THINK HOW MUCH MORE COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED IF DEMOCRATS FAVORED COUNTRY OVER PARTY AND WE HAD AN OBJECTIVE MEDIA INSTEAD OF A LEFTWING PROPAGANDA MACHINE
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: TRUMP WINNING

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:45 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

Stock market was at record high for what, about the final 3-4 yrs of Obama's time in office?  Assuming a smooth, upward curve, shouldn't we always have record high markets at some point under just about any president?  Not sure that this is really a thing about which to brag.  

It's amusing to me that the unemployment numbers under Obama were challenged and called a lie and fake news for the entirety of his 8 yrs.  Oh wait, only for the final 6 yrs, since the terrible unemployment numbers in Obama's first couple of years were treated as not only real, but completely Obama's fault.  By the end of Obama's time in office, unemployment rate was considered full employment or very close to it.  Markets were at all time highs at the time of the election and the time Obama left office.  Again, I don't credit Obama for these things.  They are the ordinary and expected growth curve.  Trump was handed an economy that was doing fine or even humming along.  It's performing on the whole pretty similarly to what it was doing in Obama's final few years.  

Obama cut everyone's taxes, too, in his first year, and the cut was a larger chunk of money on more peoples' paychecks than this tax cut was.  This cut was more money to millionaires and above, but smaller for the lower 95%.  And yet, nobody noticed it and Obama rec'd little credit for it...nor did I think he really NEEDED credit for it.  It was a smart thing to do because our country was getting crushed in a terrible recession.  Few folks are feeling this tax cut, either, except for the wealthy folks.  They love it.  Another $100 a month is nice for a lot of people, but mortgage rates have risen precipitously since the election.  30 yr rates are a full percentage higher.  That's $100 more per month on a typical mortgage.  Gas prices are up.  Other borrowing rates are higher.  Basically, this shit ends up evening out in the end, but this tax cut is going to end up costing us bigtime as the deficits begin to grow and Nat'l debt increases precipitously WHILE bond rates become increasingly higher.  I'm not anti deficit and/or anti-debt, but there is absolutely NO excuse to be growing debt and deficit with the economy in this current shape.  I don't care whether the president is a lefty or a righty.  You know this.  I know this. Everyone knows this.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:01 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:CHINA BACKING OFF THE TRADE WAR THREAT

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

BUT AMERICA IS CLEARLY FAR BETTER OFF TODAY THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER HILLARY AND THE CONTINUE FAILED POLICIES OF OBAMA

AND THIS IS WITH THE DEMOCRAT PARTY MINDLESSLY OBSTRUCTING EVERYTHING AND THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OUT RIGHT DISTORTING EVERYTHING.

JUST THINK HOW MUCH MORE COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED IF DEMOCRATS FAVORED COUNTRY OVER PARTY AND WE HAD AN OBJECTIVE MEDIA INSTEAD OF A LEFTWING PROPAGANDA MACHINE

No kidding, Kark. I really thought that a number of Dimms would actually try and work with Trump on a better future for the American people. THe lowlight of all time, for me, has to be the failure of the entire Democratic Party voting against tax cuts for the American people. When the House minority leader says that they are going to run on over-turning the tax cuts, it defies all common sense. 
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

I can't believe I'm weighing in on this cluster fuck...and I'm certain I will come to regret it.  Kark,  you're a CPA, so I certainly can't snow you even if I wanted to.  My taxes are going up.  A LOT.  As in, one of my kids won't may not be able to continue going to college a lot.  Without disclosing our salary, do a back-of-the-envelope calculation for me using an educated guess.  My family of 5 will be losing the $20,050 personal exemption.  With 3 dependents over the age of 17, the child tax credit doesn't impact me.  In 2016 (I don't use 2017, because I prepaid my first installment property taxes, so it's skewed), our itemized deductions were about $36,000, but with the SALT cap, we will now be taking the standard.   Apparently a middle class family of 5 who counts trips to Pembine, Wisconsin to my in-laws cabin as vacation, drives two 2006 Toyotas purchased used, and kids drive a 2004 Honda that they bought from their uncle with their own money is a family that was just riding the gravy train for far too long.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:46 pm

al in cal wrote:

No kidding, Kark. I really thought that a number of Dimms would actually try and work with Trump on a better future for the American people. THe lowlight of all time, for me, has to be the failure of the entire Democratic Party voting against tax cuts for the American people. When the House minority leader says that they are going to run on over-turning the tax cuts, it defies all common sense. 

They may run on undoing some of the tax bill, but they won't run on outright repeal.  They would probably try to bring back the old inheritance tax cap rather than the new one and a few other things, but they'd probably leave some of the cuts in place and probably scale back the cut on the corporate side to 25 or 28%, rather than 21.  I'm ok with 21, but they should have probably made some changes on the deduction side because after deductions, it's expected that the adjusted corporate rate will be 8-9%.  That's very low and puts a huge burden on the workers to pay the burden.  of course, they lowered the burden on the worker, too, so now we'll just run massive deficits and pretend that's ok until a Dem wins the presidency.  Then the deficit will be blamed on the Dem.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:51 pm

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

A big part of the problem for this country for decades now has been that the voices that drive national politics tend to be on the extremes.  Roughly 1/3 of the country is hardcore conservatives and another 1/3 are strong liberals with the remaining 1/3 who are more moderate though most of them will lean left or right depending on the issues.

That middle 1/3 decide elections, and are constantly courted by both sides.  But ironically that middle 1/3 are the most under-represented group. IMO, it's all about money. Money comes from those who want their hardcore agenda to prevail.  Candidates who want money support things their donors want and visibly oppose things their backers don't want.  That's why virtually no Republicans will vote for any form of gun control and why almost no Democrats will support any kind of Medicare/Social Security reform.

Voters all too often have to choose between the fire-breathing right wing Republican or the overly politically correct left-wing Democrat.  Those who lean to the middle are routinely bashed by their fellow Republicans as "RINOS" or by Democrats as "sellouts".  Dirksen Republicans and Robert Byrd Democrats have disappeared and with it, the chances for true bipartisan progress have also.

Trump's support comes from hardcore conservatives who'd support him no matter what .
    But many of the swing voters who went for him weren't fervent supporters. Particularly middle class Trump voters who are losing their personal deductions plus state/property tax deductions for a lesser standard deduction as a result of the tax bill. Many blue collar people won't see much juice from the tax cut either.  Some are concerned about losing jobs as result of tariffs, some worry about college tuition and still others about losing health insurance.  Instead Trump's focus has been on stuff like the border wall, the NFL, and what celebrities say on TV about him, most of which the "swing voter" doesn't give a rat's ass about.

That is one reason for his low approval numbers,  along with crazy middle of the night tweets about personal issues, his ripping into other Republicans, by having more turnover in the Oval Office than any other President in history.  He's proven to be no "deal-maker" but rather President Whiner, and the angry adoloscent.  These were concerns that many of his soft voters had about him in 2016 but they hoped he'd be a real change agent.  But he hasn't broken out of his campaign mode to try to become a real President. Meaning all that Trump has left are the hard-core doctrainaire conservative support.  He's even lost traction with the Republican mainstream over tariffs and Russia. 

It remains to be seen if Mueller gets fired what the REpublican party will do.   70% of the American people think Mueller should not get fired.  Even Lou Dobbs ran a poll and found most of his listeners didn't want that to happen.  Meaning that if Trump wants to rally his "base" , he'll find it might be even smaller than the 1/3. 

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm

IT is just more rubbish about people losing their faith in Trump. It is just not true. It is true, however, that the Dimm party has moved extremely to the left and is losing more and more middle America and southern blue collar workers.

As for Mueller, Trump won't fire Mueller. Why should he? Mueller cannot make a case about Russian conspiracy theory so he is left with his nonsense attacks on people who had nothing to do with Russia like Trump's lawyer. Perhaps, though, what we will end up seeing is a legal case made against Mueller and the FBI for their unconstitutional actions against the Trump surrogates.

What would be very hilarious, though, would be for Trump to start PARDONING those that Mueller's road rage folks indicted, including Manifort, Page, and now Cohen. Then let the weeping and gnashing of what few teeth the liberals have begin.. And then appoint another prosecutor to actually go after the FBI, Injustice Department, and Mueller himself for their outlandish witch hunt. In addition, of course, to indicting Hillary, and the satan worshippers in the Obama administration.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Also in the category of Trump WINNING, today he signed a law which puts more requirements for those on unemployment compensation to take available jobs if qualified. This is in addition to his last requirement to increase the scrutiny on those applying for food stamps.

Both of these measures make total sense considering the fact that there are a ton of employers wanting to hire qualified people. And both areas have seen tons of abuse cases in actually operation. A particular sticking point to me is in the construction industry where hundreds of thousands of workers collect unemployment comp while actually WORKING ON THE SIDE. The loss of taxable income along with the cost of unemployment benefits are big time items. OF course, in the construction industry and trades in general you also have the factor of illegal aliens working jobs for more less than half of the hourly rate while US tradespeople get removed from the work force. This is a big time reality out here in California.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

al in cal wrote:IT is just more rubbish about people losing their faith in Trump. It is just not true. It is true, however, that the Dimm party has moved extremely to the left and is losing more and more middle America and southern blue collar workers.

As for Mueller, Trump won't fire Mueller. Why should he? Mueller cannot make a case about Russian conspiracy theory so he is left with his nonsense attacks on people who had nothing to do with Russia like Trump's lawyer. Perhaps, though, what we will end up seeing is a legal case made against Mueller and the FBI for their unconstitutional actions against the Trump surrogates.

What would be very hilarious, though, would be for Trump to start PARDONING those that Mueller's road rage folks indicted, including Manifort, Page, and now Cohen. Then let the weeping and gnashing of what few teeth the liberals have begin.. And then appoint another prosecutor to actually go after the FBI, Injustice Department, and Mueller himself for their outlandish witch hunt. In addition, of course, to indicting Hillary, and the satan worshippers in the Obama administration.

How does Mueller,  who was appointed by Bush, become characterized as a far left liberal ?  This just shows how extreme, radicalized and unobjective politics have become. Everything and everyone is seen as being either "for" or "against".  Anything that diverges with "my side" must not only be condemned but defeated at all costs. Liberals wind up as the devil incarnate.  Yes, the left is guilty of this too as it's easy to put dismissive labels like "racist" on conservative opponents.  That's why this country can't get things done.

Both sides have to realize that a very large percentage of people in this country do not share their extreme beliefs and find all the labeling and name-calling of political opponents basically disgusting and completely non-credible.  Most people do not believe Trump's "witch hunt" allegations. Only right wingers do.  Most people also do not believe that Trump will be taken down which is what leftwing commentators on MSNBC routinely pump out.

I like the fact that Mueller has disappointed both sides.  That means he's doing his job.  The rightwingers want him to stop or worse still be indicted himself. That's kinda scary actually as only totalitarian governments find ways to punish people for daring to investigate. The left is disappointed that Mueller hasn't found any smoking gun on Trump.  Which is also scary because rather than coming up with alternatives for this country, they continue to obsess about ways to "get Trump." who's doing a good job of undoing himself for the most part.

At this point, Mueller is only investigating. I doubt there's enough to indict Trump.  Trump is  basically hedging his bets.  He knows Mueller will likely not find any basis for indicting him.  He knows there's a lot of political risk to firing Mueller.  There's also risk to pardoning guys like Manafort and Flynn.  So by characterizing the process as a "witch hunt", Trump can say it is all politically motivated and they tried to get me but they couldn't.   All they could get in essence were some other guys who Trump long ago dumped.  As long as he himself isn't nailed, Donald could care less. 

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Blondy28 wrote:

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

I can't believe I'm weighing in on this cluster fuck...and I'm certain I will come to regret it.  Kark,  you're a CPA, so I certainly can't snow you even if I wanted to.  My taxes are going up.  A LOT.  As in, one of my kids won't may not be able to continue going to college a lot.  Without disclosing our salary, do a back-of-the-envelope calculation for me using an educated guess.  My family of 5 will be losing the $20,050 personal exemption.  With 3 dependents over the age of 17, the child tax credit doesn't impact me.  In 2016 (I don't use 2017, because I prepaid my first installment property taxes, so it's skewed), our itemized deductions were about $36,000, but with the SALT cap, we will now be taking the standard.   Apparently a middle class family of 5 who counts trips to Pembine, Wisconsin to my in-laws cabin as vacation, drives two 2006 Toyotas purchased used, and kids drive a 2004 Honda that they bought from their uncle with their own money is a family that was just riding the gravy train for far too long.

I have to admit it, Blondy caught me.  There is a doughnut hole of about 25% of the people that got screwed by the elimination of the personal exemption.  

Middle class families in Illinois will be among the hardest hit because of how high our real estate taxes are.  Personally, I haven't projected my 2018 tax liability.  But just eyeballling it, I'm thinking break even is the best case scenario.  The hope is, the improving economy will get me a bigger raise and bigger bonus which can cover what looks like to me, a few more dollars to the IRS

On May 11, Peter Roskum will talk to the IL CPA Society.  I be sure to mention how the lack of the personal exemption will screw many an Illinois family.

On the bright side, the Blond family has yet to incur this increase in taxes.  The increase this fine lady is expecting in not due for another 365 days.  Hopefully Congress will see the light and place this back into the tax code retro to Jan 1, 2018.  So time to pressure our representatives to place this back.

BTW, Blondy, and I'm sure many others, because I see it in may future as well, we are all on a ticking time bomb of increased income tax.  Its NOT because of some lie or trick, hopefully everybody's income is going up, but sooner or later the kids move out and the house gets paid off and those are people's big deductions.  Throw in the higher income, and wham.  However, once the kids move out and you downsize the house in order to escape Illinois real estate taxes, then then 2017 tax cuts will probably start looking good.

Anyway, Blondy is 100% correct that not everybody got their taxes cut.  But if someone like Roskum can sneak back in personal exemptions into one of those 30,000 page bills nobody reads, then it will be

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 pm

I find it funny that people bring up that supposedly Robert Mueller is a Republican and so has to be "fair" to Trump. Why in the fact is that? Like I have said before, a lot of the fucking evil in politics is in the Rino camp. Trump had as many enemies in the Republican camp as he did in the Dem camp. Maybe more. And I have to laugh at this mind boggling description of Mueller being this kind of saint and beyond reproach. I also have to mock this notion of the FBI being such soldiers of truth and justice. Yeah, sure they are.

Prosecutors give a shit about the potential of locking up innocent people All they give a shit about is the bottom line of CONVICTION. I know personally about how fucked up that prosecution can be and how they(the FBI) will do virtually ANYTHING to convict. And don't tell me that the fucking big shots in the FBI aren't politically motivated. Hell, I have been witness to a liberal witchhunt against a friend of mine who was innocent and trapped into an "appearance" of wrong-doing. It cost him his wife, his house, his career, etc. It ruined a good man's entire legacy. IT WAS A WITCHHUNT.

They say that Mueller has something like a 97% win percentage as a prosecutor. Think all of those people were guilty. We know that that isn't the truth considering how many of his "convictions" along with those of his staff of mongrel agents ended up being overturned. 

Maybe we really ought to think about totally revamping the entire Injustice Department and start over. This clearly isn't what the founding fathers intended that is being played on our televisions and networks every day. We clearly have 4th branch of government in play and it is composed of its own set of oligarchs of both parties. And this branch is the most disgusting of them all.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 pm

al in cal wrote:I find it funny that people bring up that supposedly Robert Mueller is a Republican and so has to be "fair" to Trump. Why in the fact is that? Like I have said before, a lot of the fucking evil in politics is in the Rino camp. Trump had as many enemies in the Republican camp as he did in the Dem camp. Maybe more. And I have to laugh at this mind boggling description of Mueller being this kind of saint and beyond reproach. I also have to mock this notion of the FBI being such soldiers of truth and justice. Yeah, sure they are.

Prosecutors give a shit about the potential of locking up innocent people All they give a shit about is the bottom line of CONVICTION. I know personally about how fucked up that prosecution can be and how they(the FBI) will do virtually ANYTHING to convict. And don't tell me that the fucking big shots in the FBI aren't politically motivated. Hell, I have been witness to a liberal witchhunt against a friend of mine who was innocent and trapped into an "appearance" of wrong-doing. It cost him his wife, his house, his career, etc. It ruined a good man's entire legacy. IT WAS A WITCHHUNT.

They say that Mueller has something like a 97% win percentage as a prosecutor. Think all of those people were guilty. We know that that isn't the truth considering how many of his "convictions" along with those of his staff of mongrel agents ended up being overturned. 

Maybe we really ought to think about totally revamping the entire Injustice Department and start over. This clearly isn't what the founding fathers intended that is being played on our televisions and networks every day. We clearly have 4th branch of government in play and it is composed of its own set of oligarchs of both parties. And this branch is the most disgusting of them all.

Nobody ever had a second thought about what an honest and admirable guy Mueller was/is until he began investigating the Orange Shitfart and then all of a sudden he's corrupt.  I suppose that flies with the brand of dunces that believe Fox News, but normal people know that's a bullshit talking point.  

Let's face it, if Mueller were investigating Hillary or Obama the way he's investigating Trump, you'd be sucking his dick so hard your eyes would be bulging out.  Give it a rest.  You don't like seeing your Orange turdbag hero being forced to squirm and fight for his life and his presidency.  Anyone with 10% of their brain still working can see he's a dirtbag that lies 50 times a day and isn't honest about anything.  He's corrupt as fuck and so is everyone around him, aside from a few good guys with integrity.  Trump hasn't a shred of integrity and that's becoming more obvious every day to the US public.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

I have to admit it, Blondy caught me.  There is a doughnut hole of about 25% of the people that got screwed by the elimination of the personal exemption.  

Middle class families in Illinois will be among the hardest hit because of how high our real estate taxes are.  Personally, I haven't projected my 2018 tax liability.  But just eyeballling it, I'm thinking break even is the best case scenario.  The hope is, the improving economy will get me a bigger raise and bigger bonus which can cover what looks like to me, a few more dollars to the IRS

On May 11, Peter Roskum will talk to the IL CPA Society.  I be sure to mention how the lack of the personal exemption will screw many an Illinois family.

On the bright side, the Blond family has yet to incur this increase in taxes.  The increase this fine lady is expecting in not due for another 365 days.  Hopefully Congress will see the light and place this back into the tax code retro to Jan 1, 2018.  So time to pressure our representatives to place this back.

BTW, Blondy, and I'm sure many others, because I see it in may future as well, we are all on a ticking time bomb of increased income tax.  Its NOT because of some lie or trick, hopefully everybody's income is going up, but sooner or later the kids move out and the house gets paid off and those are people's big deductions.  Throw in the higher income, and wham.  However, once the kids move out and you downsize the house in order to escape Illinois real estate taxes, then then 2017 tax cuts will probably start looking good.

Anyway, Blondy is 100% correct that not everybody got their taxes cut.  But if someone like Roskum can sneak back in personal exemptions into one of those 30,000 page bills nobody reads, then it will be

Pardon me if I do not feel sorry for the fucked up states with out of control state taxes. For too long these state organizations have let out of control taxes and pension liabilities take advantage of a deduction on their federal taxes thereby screwing those states that did not have that kind of stupid state administrations.Why should states get their taxes being a deduction at all. Fuck em. Bring their own state taxes down, including the fucked up state of Illinois.

Also, I wonder why so many jobs left Illinois in the last 9 years? Hmm? Keep electing ding bat liberals and see what happens.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:47 pm

What these dingbats on the liberal side do not realize with all of their Impeach Trump stuff, is the kind of reaction that will be coming if they do try this stuff. Umpteen millions of Americans voted for Trump and love his presidency. What do you think that trying to take a legitimate election away from him will do? Hell, maybe this is the stupid reason why they are making a big deal now about trying to take guns away from the American people.

It is one thing for a bat shit crazy bat called Maxine Waters waggles her big mouth about a procedure that she doesn't have the mental capacity to even spell impeachment. But for a political party and traitorous Rinos to actually try to remove him out of office will be met with a revolution in the country. And it will not be pretty. Do you think that those who voted for Trump will just sit back and see him removed by a lynch mob? Think you've seen shit in the streets lately. You've not seen nothing compared to what will happen if they even try this shit.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Millions voted for Nixon and loved his presidency, too. And then they didn't.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    al in cal wrote:I find it funny that people bring up that supposedly Robert Mueller is a Republican and so has to be "fair" to Trump. Why in the fact is that? Like I have said before, a lot of the fucking evil in politics is in the Rino camp. Trump had as many enemies in the Republican camp as he did in the Dem camp. Maybe more. And I have to laugh at this mind boggling description of Mueller being this kind of saint and beyond reproach. I also have to mock this notion of the FBI being such soldiers of truth and justice. Yeah, sure they are.

Nobody ever had a second thought about what an honest and admirable guy Mueller was/is until he began investigating the Orange Shitfart and then all of a sudden he's corrupt.  I suppose that flies with the brand of dunces that believe Fox News, but normal people know that's a bullshit talking point.  

Let's face it, if Mueller were investigating Hillary or Obama the way he's investigating Trump, you'd be sucking his dick so hard your eyes would be bulging out.  Give it a rest.  You don't like seeing your Orange turdbag hero being forced to squirm and fight for his life and his presidency.  Anyone with 10% of their brain still working can see he's a dirtbag that lies 50 times a day and isn't honest about anything.  He's corrupt as fuck and so is everyone around him, aside from a few good guys with integrity.  Trump hasn't a shred of integrity and that's becoming more obvious every day to the US public.

Your hatred for Trump is a great example of how bad the left is. Hateful to the bone. I despised the presidency of Obama but I didn't throw out the hate filled vile crap that you and others like you do. This is why your side will lose once again. The people who are and will support Trump are not the vile elitists like you who are crying like someone stole their baby rattle. They are ordinary hard working people who want the best for their country and their children. Not the weak minded souls like you who want the government to make their decisions for them.

YOur attacks know no limits. You call people who watch Fox News dunces. Fits right in with Hillary's bag of deplorables label. As for him lying 50 times a day, and my sucking someone's dick, really adult commentary from you.

You're are just an immature nitwit. Thankfully you are a harmless nitwit and can be very much used as an example to others of how not to argue anything with anyone. The pathetic part in all of this actually, is all of the good that Trump is doing will be directed towards you and you do not deserve it. I shudder to think what this country would be right now if Hillary had won the last election. Our economy would right now be headed into another big recession for sure for one thing.

Someone should probably write a book about Hillary's presidency. Newt Gingrich writes wonderful novels about what might have happened if some major event went the other way. Notably what might have happened had Lee won the Battle of Gettysburg. He should write one about what would have happened to the United States if HIllary had one. I especially would have enjoyed what Bubba would have done as First Hubby:)

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Speaking of the tax cuts.  Anybody else see that the CBO has admitted to grossly overestimating the effects on the national debt because they did not take into account the positive effects the tax cuts would have on the economy.

Yet on this board, we have a lying jackass claiming now is not he time for tax cuts

Maybe if this fascist hypocrit paid attention to the real world instead of leftwing propaganda, he'd realize that the reason the economy took off when the majority of US citizens voted for Trump where the promised tax cuts.  Maybe this lying schmuck should realize that renigging on this promise would have put a grinding halt on the growth this now great again nation is experiencing for the past year and a quarter.

Anyway, the CBO goes from 1.9 trillion to under a trillion because it remembered to include the growing economy.  How likely is it the CBO is underestimating the growth of the economy?  Very likely I say.  Considiring they have a very long history to getting things wrong.  So a very good chance the Trump cuts pay for themselves.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Speaking of the tax cuts.  Anybody else see that the CBO has admitted to grossly overestimating the effects on the national debt because they did not take into account the positive effects the tax cuts would have on the economy.

Yet on this board, we have a lying jackass claiming now is not he time for tax cuts

Maybe if this fascist hypocrit paid attention to the real world instead of leftwing propaganda, he'd realize that the reason the economy took off when the majority of US citizens voted for Trump where the promised tax cuts.  Maybe this lying schmuck should realize that renigging on this promise would have put a grinding halt on the growth this now great again nation is experiencing for the past year and a quarter.

Anyway, the CBO goes from 1.9 trillion to under a trillion because it remembered to include the growing economy.  How likely is it the CBO is underestimating the growth of the economy?  Very likely I say.  Considiring they have a very long history to getting things wrong.  So a very good chance the Trump cuts pay for themselves.

I guess we'll eventually see what happens.  Not sure when this great growth is coming.  Tax cuts usually give you 12-18 months of growth, if any.  After that, that new level of spendable cash is the new normal and doesn't necessarily lead to more growth.  Doing tax cuts for growth is fool's gold.  It's worth doing in a recession if you re-raise them after the recession ends.  Nothing wrong with stimulating growth for a spell.  We have had a number of tax cuts since Reagan, and only the tax increase under Clinton.  You can only cut taxes so many times before you cut off your revenue stream.  I know I've said this before but your assumption that tax cuts lead to growth and to more revenues is nonsense unless you are on the east side of the Laffer Curve.  There is no reason or evidence to lead anyone to the assumption we're on the east side of the curve.  Your comments about lowering taxes leading to higher revenues and growth would make one think they should just lower taxes to 1% to maximize growth AND revenues.  I think we both know that's equally nonsensical.

You keep speaking of this wild growth that's coming.  The latest update I've seen is that we're on track for a mid-2's year of growth.  Really?  I'd say we'll need at least 3.5% growth to not run the kind of deficits that are being predicted.  Next year's growth expectation is closer to 2% or a bit less.  Look, I don't think 2 or 2.5% is a bad year.  I view that as just fine and dandy.  Way too much worrying about growth.  We're a mature economy.  If we can stay between 1% and 3% for the next ten years, and avoid a recession, I'll call that a wild success.      
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:47 pm

al in cal wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:

RECORD HIGH STOCK MARKET

RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT

TAX CUTS FOR EVERYBODY

Pardon me if I do not feel sorry for the fucked up states with out of control state taxes. For too long these state organizations have let out of control taxes and pension liabilities take advantage of a deduction on their federal taxes thereby screwing those states that did not have that kind of stupid state administrations.Why should states get their taxes being a deduction at all. Fuck em. Bring their own state taxes down, including the fucked up state of Illinois.

Also, I wonder why so many jobs left Illinois in the last 9 years? Hmm? Keep electing ding bat liberals and see what happens.

Very well reasoned response.  Roskam is a piece of hot garbage.  They removed the personal exemption because a bunch of know-nothings have no earthly clue what it even is, so the GOP runs out and screams about doubling the standard deduction (which isn't even doubled), and they all think they won the damned lottery.  We had to explain to my husband's friend who bought into the hype that his taxes are going UP, not down.  And just when we had him understanding, the withholding rates changed and he told us "see, I got a tax cut...I'm getting more in my paycheck".  Dumb fuck.  Here's the thing on the doughnut hole.  The people drafting this tax scam know perfectly well that a bunch of us will get screwed...and they don't care.  It's about getting money into the pockets of their rich donors, and about what sounds good to people like my husband's moron friend.  It's about sound bytes.  "Double the standard deduction, do your taxes on a postcard!"  And for a lot of reasons (the deficit/debt), I'm totally opposed to this scam on the whole, but let's say it had to happen...I'm actually less pissed about the rich, who benefit the most by this plan, than I am that a newly married young couple with no kids living in their parents' basement gets the same deduction that my family of five gets.  This scam did nothing it was supposed to do.  It doesn't help "middle class families", and it doesn't close the loopholes that only rich people who can afford to pay their accountants a lot of money take advantage of. 

Do you honestly think that somehow you will reap the benefits of this giveaway to the rich and the basement dwellers through big pay raises?  I've been working full time for 34 years, and neither my husband nor I have seen any increases in our pay because of whatever the economy was doing at the time, and that's even less so the case now.  I'm a property manager.  I manage a condo building.  My salary is paid by owner assessments.  My husband has been at the same company for 31 years, and not only is he not going to get any salary bump, we got an extra kick to the groin because effective this year, his company is no longer reimbursing us for 70% of our $5,000 medical deductible.  

And yes, some folks won't realize their tax increase until next year, but we changed our withholding so that we don't end up owing a bunch of money next year.  My husband was previously claiming 2, and we changed it to zero.  In addition to that, I'm having an additional $25 withheld from each of my paychecks, and he's having an additional $75 withheld from each of his paychecks.  Throw in inflation and gas up almost a dollar.  We have been crippled.

I know that the GOP's talking point to explain why it's not their fault that they screwed over people like you and me is that if we didn't have such high taxes, we wouldn't be hurt by the SALT cap (which is bullshit, because my taxes would still go up because of the elimination of the personal exemption, but let's put that aside for a minute), and that this is GOOD NEWS because it will force states to reduce taxes.  Hey, here's an idea.  How about that for every $1 we send to Washington, that we get a $1 back for our state?  South Carolina gets almost $9 for every $1 they send.  Fuck them.  Why do we have to pay for them?  Perhaps our property taxes, which fund our schools, wouldn't have to be as high if we got all of our federal dollars back and put it into our schools.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Having just been in South Carolina last month, that is one fucking poverty-stricken state. Holy shitbird. That is a kind of poverty we will never undedstand.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Having just been in South Carolina last month, that is one fucking poverty-stricken state.  Holy shitbird.  That is a kind of poverty we will never undedstand.

They consistently rank among the worst in every category.  For people who are staunch conservatives, they take a shit load of out tax dollars and apparently have no idea what to do with our money.  My Aunt lives there, and she's one of those super conservatives, but she and her daughter and grandkids are on just about every government program there is...but it's always "other" people who don't deserve the help.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Blondy28 wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Having just been in South Carolina last month, that is one fucking poverty-stricken state.  Holy shitbird.  That is a kind of poverty we will never undedstand.

They consistently rank among the worst in every category.  For people who are staunch conservatives, they take a shit load of out tax dollars and apparently have no idea what to do with our money.  My Aunt lives there, and she's one of those super conservatives, but she and her daughter and grandkids are on just about every government program there is...but it's always "other" people who don't deserve the help.

Pretty much.  As I was driving through some of the poorest, saddest looking neighborhoods I've ever seen, all I could wonder was how these folks are against any kind of universal healthcare, or food stamps, or other assistance.  If there's ever been anyone that needed it, it was these folks.    GOP has done an unbelievable job marketing their notion of helping the rich and getting these people to buy into it.  Kudos to Frank Luntz.
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

Post by Blondy28 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:03 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:

Pretty much.  As I was driving through some of the poorest, saddest looking neighborhoods I've ever seen, all I could wonder was how these folks are against any kind of universal healthcare, or food stamps, or other assistance.  If there's ever been anyone that needed it, it was these folks.    GOP has done an unbelievable job marketing their notion of helping the rich and getting these people to buy into it.  Kudos to Frank Luntz.

Like I said...they hold the rationale that "the other guy" doesn't deserve it, so they think by reducing the funding for those programs, it will weed out the cheaters and they'll get more.  Either that or they're a single issue voter and they don't think that they will really lose funding.  That was the case with Dale's leaching cousin, who was afraid that someone would take his gun(s).  My Aunt is also a poster child for someone who thought there was no danger in owning a gun, because they were "responsible gun owners".  Yet, she's in her mid-70s, and will have to work until the day she dies because her husband shot himself in the head and left her in a heap of trouble.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am

There has never been a time in my life when I needed a gun.  There have been, however, 2 or 3 instances where if I had a gun, I would have gotten myself into trouble with it and maybe ended up serving some jail time for it, or gotten my ass in trouble for using or making threats with it.  For the sake of my life path, I'm glad I've never taken to buying or carrying one around. 

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Millions voted for Nixon and loved his presidency, too.  And then they didn't.

Nah. No one loved Nixon's presidency, even those who voted for him. He was always creepy. Trump has a populist following and gets things done along with being straight forward in what he is going to do. Yesterday's attack on Syria's chemical weapons centers are just another example. 

But talking about creepy people, I just read that Pelosi attacked the US actions taken saying that Trump needed Congress's backing. All after scores of Dems openly campaigned for the US to strike Syria back for using chemical weapons.

Nancy is a gift like Hillary that just keeps on being received continuously. Every time they open their ugly mouths, more voters turn against their party.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:03 am