Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Conservative Newspeak

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Conservative Newspeak

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am

since the left loves to redefine words, time for the right to follow suit

Going forward, this is the new definition of:

bigot: a Christian, conservative, free market capitalist of heterosexual orientation and of caucasian persuasion who believes strongly in limited government, traditional family values, and personal responsibility.

when the KARK runs for office, he plans to start a group called Blacks for Bigots to help him get the inner city vote.

I also plan to for another group called

Helping
    America
    Topple the
    Establishment

Hey, it would be called a hate group anyway.  Might as well rub the Orwellian newspeak in their PC faces

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Re: Conservative Newspeak

Post by al in cal on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 am

It is just incredible to me how awful the treatment of an American president is right now in the media. I used to watch CNN and Fox pretty equally in order to get both sides of arguments. Yeah, one network was liberally biased and the other mainly conservative but usually they covered the same basic stories. But that has gone the way of the dodo bird, I guess by plan. 

They've done media studies and something like 92-95% of the coverage of Trump has been rated as NEGATIVE by the media outlets. How is that possible considering that he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do and got elected on those promises.

So.......the top executives have decided to basically LIE to the American people about the worth of this president and his supporters. They have attacked him and even his family. This in contrast to the treatment given to Obama and his family. Its an order of magnitude different. IT is like a pack of mad
    dogs on the attack.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am

Well, that should balance off Fox which has Trump as 100% positive.

And I'm the last person (well, maybe behind you and Kark) that would defend Obama, but Fox was probably at 0% when it came to reporting on him.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 am

I think Fox was more like 2% pro Obama. Fag lover Shep Smith occasionally defended him. Why hasn't he been fired yet?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:03 am

Soxillinirob wrote:I think Fox was more like 2% pro Obama.  Fag lover Shep Smith occasionally defended him.  Why hasn't he been fired yet?

It's not even about being pro- or anti-. It's about reporting the news. On other outlets (so-called "fake" or "liberal" news like WBBM) some positives about Trump. For example, the latest is that North Korea may be willing to talk about denuclearization. Sure, it's in the early stages, but they had a commentator who said that maybe Trump's attitude with North Korea is working. For the sake of the world, I hope so. If a similar story broke about Obama, Fox would step all over themselves trying to avoid it.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:I think Fox was more like 2% pro Obama.  Fag lover Shep Smith occasionally defended him.  Why hasn't he been fired yet?

It's not even about being pro- or anti-. It's about reporting the news. On other outlets (so-called "fake" or "liberal" news like WBBM) some positives about Trump. For example, the latest is that North Korea may be willing to talk about denuclearization. Sure, it's in the early stages, but they had a commentator who said that maybe Trump's attitude with North Korea is working. For the sake of the world, I hope so. If a similar story broke about Obama, Fox would step all over themselves trying to avoid it.

They would be trying to avoid it, or painting it into a negative.  There was a time when Obama yammered something about wanting to improve relations with N. Korea.  Fox shit all over themselves over that.  How dare he!  Drunken Janine Piro almost blew through the roof.  Same thing when Obama commented about trying to improve relations with Putin.  How dare he!  Russia is our enemy!  Honestly, I don't care anymore.  It's become something of a joke and a comedy routine.  There is hypocrisy abound, but pointing it out accomplishes nothing.  it's up to each of us to figure out which news can be trusted and which cannot.  I get it if folks think that WP or NYT is biased.  Their columnists are surely mostly liberal.  Still, I find their journalistic reporting to be pretty well vetted and truthful.  I haven't seen them proven to be lying any time recently.  I see imbecile Donald accusing them of fake news, but he doesn't count.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 am

alohafri wrote:Well, that should balance off Fox which has Trump as 100% positive.

And I'm the last person (well, maybe behind you and Kark) that would defend Obama, but Fox was probably at 0% when it came to reporting on him.

Not according to outlets which report network performance. Fox reporting on Trump is something like 60% positive on their news coverage of the administration. Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith are solidly Dimms.  Bret Bair is certainly not pro either side. Certainly the main opinion shows are pro Trump but not the news reporting side of the operation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 am