Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Holy Market Instability

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Holy Market Instability

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Live by the stock market sword, die by the stock market sword.  When is the last time we had this kind of instability for this kind of extended period?  Geesh.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Holy Market Instability

Post by alohafri on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Live by the stock market sword, die by the stock market sword.  When is the last time we had this kind of instability for this kind of extended period?  Geesh.

Donald is attacking the tech sector (Amazon). The tech sector is attacking the tech sector (Facebook vs. Apple). 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Live by the stock market sword, die by the stock market sword.  When is the last time we had this kind of instability for this kind of extended period?  Geesh.

Donald is attacking the tech sector (Amazon). The tech sector is attacking the tech sector (Facebook vs. Apple). 

Donald is also lying about Amazon and the post office.  Not surprising.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 am

I believe the proper word is volatility.

Once again, Mr RobZ attempts to distort with subtle word replacement that taints the narrative.

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Donald is also lying about Amazon and the post office.  Not surprising.

and who says this is a lie?!?!?!?!

The people that claim Obama reduced the deficit even though every year of his admin it was 3X or more greater than 2007?!?!?!?

Once again, Mr RobZ wants us to believe the spin instead of our own eyes.

the US Post Office is a huge waste of money, time and man power.  Not to mention how much CO2 their glorified golf carts emit.

Is there anybody on this board who's mail isn't 90% junk?!?!?!?!?

Maybe RobZ should employ some common sense from that great brain of his and figure out that if Amazon is using the USPS, then the USPS must be providing a service cheaper than Fedex or UPS.  so it only makes sense the USPS is losing money on Amazon.  but given how government cooks the books, it doesn't surprise me that a paper profit is reported

If KARK were King, the stamp would be a dollar, bulk rates would be eliminated, and the price on packages would be tripled.  I would then limit mail routes to once a week.  this not only saves the government massive amounts of money, but is eco friendly.  Less co2 from delivery, less trees cut down and junk mail is drastically reduced.

the telegraph made the pony express obsolete.  Ditto the internet and the post office.  Besides, the Federal govt should not be subsidizing junk mail anyway
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:08 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

the US Post Office is a huge waste of money, time and man power.  Not to mention how much CO2 their glorified golf carts emit.

Is there anybody on this board who's mail isn't 90% junk?!?!?!?!?

Maybe RobZ should employ some common sense from that great brain of his and figure out that if Amazon is using the USPS, then the USPS must be providing a service cheaper than Fedex or UPS.  so it only makes sense the USPS is losing money on Amazon.  but given how government cooks the books, it doesn't surprise me that a paper profit is reported

If KARK were King, the stamp would be a dollar, bulk rates would be eliminated, and the price on packages would be tripled.  I would then limit mail routes to once a week.  this not only saves the government massive amounts of money, but is eco friendly.  Less co2 from delivery, less trees cut down and junk mail is drastically reduced.

the telegraph made the pony express obsolete.  Ditto the internet and the post office.  Besides, the Federal govt should not be subsidizing junk mail anyway

Why do you care if the USPS is making or losing money?  It's not taxpayer subsidized.  They run their own company.  They are operationally profitable, but are showing negative income due to two issues:  pension payments and having to front-load 75 yrs of future pension payments into a 10 year window.  They are nearly done with that 10 year window frontloading.  

If the USPS wants to offer a great deal to Amazon, then that's their prerogative to do that the same as if I want to offer to do mortgages for little or no profit.  I don't know what the profit margins are for their deal with Amazon, but I have no reason to believe they are losing money on it.  My wife's company (Verizon) competes with every other cell company for large accounts, such as Metra, and Cook County and the State of Illinois account.  They have to give them a cut rate, but they are most certainly making a profit on that business.  No reason to believe USPS is doing Amazon's delivering for free.

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:14 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

Why would a king jump in and try to affect the rates that a business wants to charge?  WTF?  They can deliver bulk rate for free for all I fucking care.  USPS is amazingly affordable to use, and I see no reason to try making that go away?  If you want to enforce some kind of policies that reduce junk mail on the grounds of how junk mail hurts the environment, then fine.  Do that through some kind of EPA policy or legislation geared toward reducing waste.  
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:49 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:I believe the proper word is volatility.

That's cool.  I'm all good with using that word instead of instability.  Sort of like the same difference to me.  Is one word better than another?  If I'm driving next to a volcano, am I happier to hear it's unstable?  Or to hear it's volatile?  Do I want to date a chick that's volatile?  Or Unstable?  I'm voting for, ummm, NEITHER.  

You like to play around with your investments, so I get it that a person like you enjoys seeing the bounciness in the market as you can take advantage of the downs and sell on the ups.  Not a damn thing wrong with that, but from the wider perspective of the folks to whom Trump appeals, the vast majority of those people are folks that want to do their jobs, put money in their IRA or 401k, and not have to study up on buying on downs and selling on highs.  Typical Americans aren't interested or able to do these kinds of things.  I'm hardly breaking ground by stating that folks want some degree of predictability and stability in their markets and investments.  The Obama years, love them or hate them, and there are plenty on both sides of that fence, brought us 7 of the most stable years in economic history.  Trump is capable of bringing that same stability (or maybe even something better than just "stability"), but he can't stop shooting himself in the foot and saying stupid shit that turns the market upside down.  I've never seen a more inept imbecile in a position of power in my life.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 pm

I find it amusing the uproar over what is going on with Trump's trade talks with China. You'd think that it is the end of the world listening to these ten cent economists cry and gnash their teeth. Its similar to the war of words with North Korea. How many times did I have to listen to the talking heads go crazy that Trump was going to start a nuclear war with pajama toad?

We have had a procession of American presidents allow the US to go down the tubes in its trade policies at the cost of millions of American jobs and entire American companies going out of business. $500,000,000,000. Big fucking number, right? Lots of zeros following that dollar sign. What never gets told is that Trump knows that China will have to take action to change their trade policy and significantly reduce that imbalance.

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:35 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Why would a king jump in and try to affect the rates that a business wants to charge?  WTF?  They can deliver bulk rate for free for all I fucking care.  USPS is amazingly affordable to use, and I see no reason to try making that go away?  If you want to enforce some kind of policies that reduce junk mail on the grounds of how junk mail hurts the environment, then fine.  Do that through some kind of EPA policy or legislation geared toward reducing waste.  

SO KNOW THE POST OFFICE IS A BUSINESS?!?!?!?!?!

THEN MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A BUSINESS MAN AS PRESIDENT.

ONE RAN IN 2012 AND ANOTHER IN 2016

SO YET AGAIN YOU PROVE YOURSELF A HYPOCRIT SINCE TO REJECTED BOTH IN FAVOR OF SOME PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL ASS CLOWN WITH NO REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE.

YOU DO REALIZE THE MAIN GOAL OF PEOPLE LIKE OBAMA AND CLINTON AND KENNEDY IS TO MAKE THEMSELVES THE RULING CLASS AS THEY SPENT JUST ABOUT THEIR ENTIRE ADULT LIFE IN POLITICS.  APPARENTLY YOU BELIEVE THE LIE THAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE.

THE TRUTH IS, THEY ARE FIGHTING TO KEEP YOU LITTLE.  AND DON'T THINK YOUR LITTLE RETIREMENT NEST EGG ISN'T ON THEIR LIST.  YOUR CRYING ABOUT VOLATILITY IN ANOTHER POST.  THE THINGS PELOSI AND SCHUMER AND SANDERS WANT TO DO TO YOUR 401K AND IRA....

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:43 am

al in cal wrote:I find it amusing the uproar over what is going on with Trump's trade talks with China. You'd think that it is the end of the world listening to these ten cent economists cry and gnash their teeth. Its similar to the war of words with North Korea. How many times did I have to listen to the talking heads go crazy that Trump was going to start a nuclear war with pajama toad?

We have had a procession of American presidents allow the US to go down the tubes in its trade policies at the cost of millions of American jobs and entire American companies going out of business. $500,000,000,000. Big fucking number, right? Lots of zeros following that dollar sign. What never gets told is that Trump knows that China will have to take action to change their trade policy and significantly reduce that imbalance.

FUNNY HOW YOU NEVER HEAR ABOUT HOW THE NORKS GOT NUCLEAR IN THE FIRST PLACE

IT WAS A GIFT FROM BILL CLINTON

ITS AMAZING HOW MANY OF TODAY'S PROBLEMS HAVE A ROOT CAUSE IN THE STUPIDITY OF DEMOCRATS, LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES.

THEN THESE OUT RIGHT IDIOTS WANT TO CRUCIFY TRUMP FOR WANTING TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS.

IT JUST LOVE THE LIES

LIKE HOW THE CENSUS QUESTION REGARDING CITIZENSHIP IS PROMOTING WHITENESS.  GEE WONDER HOW BLACK PEOPLE WOULD ANSWER THAT QUESTION?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

WTF does that even mean?  What does the post office and it's desire to turn a profit have to do with our president?  Calling this imbecile president a business man is pretty fucking hilarious, considering his history of bankruptcies, corruption, and penchant for chintzing, chiseling and stiffing workers that performed jobs for him.  The country isn't a business.  Running a nation is a lot different from running a business.  A business is trying to turn a profit.  A nation is trying to do about a thousand things different and more important than turning a profit.  Good thing we have a blithering imbecile to help us do that.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

WTF does that even mean?  What does the post office and it's desire to turn a profit have to do with our president?  Calling this imbecile president a business man is pretty fucking hilarious, considering his history of bankruptcies, corruption, and penchant for chintzing, chiseling and stiffing workers that performed jobs for him.  The country isn't a business.  Running a nation is a lot different from running a business.  A business is trying to turn a profit.  A nation is trying to do about a thousand things different and more important than turning a profit.  Good thing we have a blithering imbecile to help us do that.

The above is a great example of the Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi view of the world. This guy's heroine is a woman who actually stated that if the Dimms get control of Congress that THEY WILL REPEAL THE TAX CUTS for the American people. Trump is exactly the person that the US needs as president of the United States. And the liberal elites hate him for his success. The rank assembly of Rinos and Dimms in Washington DC is correctly labeled a swamp and this shadow government being unearthed and exposed is disgusting and needs to be destroyed.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:04 pm

al in cal wrote:

The above is a great example of the Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi view of the world. This guy's heroine is a woman who actually stated that if the Dimms get control of Congress that THEY WILL REPEAL THE TAX CUTS for the American people. Trump is exactly the person that the US needs as president of the United States. And the liberal elites hate him for his success. The rank assembly of Rinos and Dimms in Washington DC is correctly labeled a swamp and this shadow government being unearthed and exposed is disgusting and needs to be destroyed.

WTF do you know, Al, about any heroine in my world?  Hillary?  Pelosi?  Go crawl back up your own ass or wherever you've been for the last 4 yrs.  

Liberal elites who hate Trump probably hate him because he comes across as a sexist and evil pig who is a danger to the country.  I just find him to be a rank imbecile who has no staff around him (since they are all either fired or quit) and has no idea what the fuck he's doing.  

Pruitt is about as corrupt as any gov't official in my lifetime.  And better yet, Trump and his merry band of crooks is helping to reshape the GOP brand into that of a party of corruption, deceit and lying.  Pretty much his entire cabinet has been caught doing shady shit, be it smacking their wives around, or using gov't money for personal vacations or fancy furniture, or flying first class on private jets, or whatever the hell else.  

Honestly, I am enjoying it.  Young voters and future voters are sitting back and watching and learning that this is what Republicanism and Conservatism is all about.  Corruption, lying, and meanness.  The youth of this generations are the voters and shapers of the next 40 yrs, and they are all learning that they absolutely hate what the GOP has to offer.  The average high school kid right now thinks that Trump and his party are a bunch of chimps.  They will enter the adult world and the world of having voting power thinking this kind of thing.  Enjoy that.  

Honest to god, if the Dems somehow wrestle control of the House this November I sincerely hope they do NOT impeach this imbecile.  Please don't.  I much prefer to effect he is having on the party brand and the conservative brand.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    al in cal wrote:I find it amusing the uproar over what is going on with Trump's trade talks with China. You'd think that it is the end of the world listening to these ten cent economists cry and gnash their teeth. Its similar to the war of words with North Korea. How many times did I have to listen to the talking heads go crazy that Trump was going to start a nuclear war with pajama toad?

FUNNY HOW YOU NEVER HEAR ABOUT HOW THE NORKS GOT NUCLEAR IN THE FIRST PLACE

IT WAS A GIFT FROM BILL CLINTON

ITS AMAZING HOW MANY OF TODAY'S PROBLEMS HAVE A ROOT CAUSE IN THE STUPIDITY OF DEMOCRATS, LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES.

THEN THESE OUT RIGHT IDIOTS WANT TO CRUCIFY TRUMP FOR WANTING TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS.

IT JUST LOVE THE LIES

LIKE HOW THE CENSUS QUESTION REGARDING CITIZENSHIP IS PROMOTING WHITENESS.  GEE WONDER HOW BLACK PEOPLE WOULD ANSWER THAT QUESTION?

Its just typical of the idiot left creating most of the mess that the United States is in and then have the fucking gaul to try and prevent much smarter people, like Trump, to fix the messes that they created. Seems like the pajama toad, from North Korea has sent a message to Washington that he wants to talk de-nuclearization with Trump. What? Your are right, Kark, Bubba Clinton did give North Korea did give them nuclear  capability in a down turn where he didn't have an innocent woman to screw or rape. 

Then we have the ridiculous trade bubble that too many Rinos and Dimm presidents allowed to happen under their watches. And now Trump is going to fix that and the same kinds of dim wits in Washington are baying at the moon. Meanwhile CNN is fixated on a whore and the premier of Russia. Who gives a rat's ass? ITs about the damned economy you idiots:)

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

WTF do you know, Al, about any heroine in my world?  Hillary?  Pelosi?  Go crawl back up your own ass or wherever you've been for the last 4 yrs.  

Wowie. What a dim-witted response from you. You are the dopey one who votes for liberal witches like those two bitches. 

Liberal elites who hate Trump probably hate him because he comes across as a sexist and evil pig who is a danger to the country.  I just find him to be a rank imbecile who has no staff around him (since they are all either fired or quit) and has no idea what the fuck he's doing.  

Sure, these elites, including yourself, just are jealous of him because he is a multi-billionaire and got elected President of the United States, not the dumb bitch that you Dimms ran against him. As for not knowing what he is doing, Lowest unemployment in a couple of decades. Economy recovering greatly from the BushII. Obama malaise. Food stamps lowest in decades. Black unemployment down to historic lows. Illegal immigration down greatly as Trump's immigration policy changes take effect. What else?

How about reduction in individual taxes for almost everyone and repatriation of American companies coming back to the United States?

Elimination of harmful environmental and other regulatory regulations allowing businesses to expand and grow their businesses.

Negotiating better trade deal with South Korea and other far eastern countries and on his way to negotiating a equitable trade deal with China as well as Canada and hopefully Mexico.

Confronting Russia on Syria, interference in US elections, and their Iranian puppet regime.

And last but not least........exposing the existence of a shadow government in the US and the corruption of the Clinton and Obama operatives. For all of these accusations about Trump's corruption, the REAL CORRUPTION of United States government agencies, has been done by Democrats within the INJUSTICE DEPARTMENT and , of course, the FIB.  

In the meantime, all the Dimm, like yourself is doing is creating basically a new type of political class of people. Something that should be called Victimizationism. We have had a litany of crap emanating from Dimms throughout our history. Of course, their is their staple of live.........WHITE PRIVILEGE for a long time. Who can forget the creation of the BLACK LIVE MATTER bowel movement.  Then , of course, that wasn't good enough so they created the notion of MALE PRIVILEGE created by unsatisfied women in Hollywood that evolved into the MeToo laxative folks. But now, that isn't even good enough. Now George Washington University is embarking on a symposium on the elimination of CHRISTIAN PRIVILEGE. Terrific.

Lets see, now the Dimm Party has officially endorsed attacks on White people. Male people. and Now CHRISTIAN people. Yeah, boy, meanwhile all of the male white and Christian people in the world are not going to forget these policies in elections coming up.

Pruitt is about as corrupt as any gov't official in my lifetime.  And better yet, Trump and his merry band of crooks is helping to reshape the GOP brand into that of a party of corruption, deceit and lying.  Pretty much his entire cabinet has been caught doing shady shit, be it smacking their wives around, or using gov't money for personal vacations or fancy furniture, or flying first class on private jets, or whatever the hell else.  

Funny shit coming from a dump Dimm lib. Next thing you know, you'll be talking about your worry about the Budget Deficit:)

Honestly, I am enjoying it.  Young voters and future voters are sitting back and watching and learning that this is what Republicanism and Conservatism is all about.  Corruption, lying, and meanness.  The youth of this generations are the voters and shapers of the next 40 yrs, and they are all learning that they absolutely hate what the GOP has to offer.  The average high school kid right now thinks that Trump and his party are a bunch of chimps.  They will enter the adult world and the world of having voting power thinking this kind of thing.  Enjoy that.  

Hilarious shit. The real hope of this upcoming group of voters will come from the young veterans of our armed services. Somewhere around 89% of whom have been polled to be supporters of Donald Trump and Reps in general. They along with millions of trades people. They will be augmented with millions of college grads who let their colleges and universities when Obama was in power and couldn't find job other than part-time ones. Now these same kids are finding jobs in their field of study under Trump's administration. Also, we are watching millions of what used to be called Reagan Democrats now supporting Trump. I am talking about rank and file workers BTW not their fat cat leaders.

Honest to god, if the Dems somehow wrestle control of the House this November I sincerely hope they do NOT impeach this imbecile.  Please don't.  I much prefer to effect he is having on the party brand and the conservative brand.

The Dimms will win quite a few seats. They always do in an off year election. But they will lose Senate seats and Trump's popularity will increase more and more and he will clobber whatever Dimm they run against him. I really hope that they will run FAUXAHONTAS against him. She might be the missing stooge of the liberal Three Stooge women.....namely, Pelosi, Clinton, and Warren.

So, congratulations, Rob, you have coined a new political bowel movement.......VICTIMIZATIONISM. And you really didn't even know it.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am

al in cal wrote:

The Dimms will win quite a few seats. They always do in an off year election.

Not really.  GOP generally destroys the Dems in mid terms.  If by "off year elections" you mean the opposing party often wins midterms, then why when the GOP did well in 2010 did you argue steadfastly that it had nothing to do with being a midterm wave against the incumbent president?  it's true that the opposing party of the president generally sees gains in midterms, especially in the first election after the president wins his first term.  This Nov is shaping up as looking the same, considering liberals and progressive Dems are winning shit all over the place, including in bright red districts or states.

but they will lose Senate seats

Maybe they will.  Maybe they won't.  The number one GOP pollster (Frank Luntz) is on the record as saying that if they ran the midterm elections right now, the GOP would lose majorities in both.  It's still early, but I have seen that in the polling for the Tennessee open senate seat that is open this November, Marsha Blackburn is getting destroyed by the former Tenn governor (a Dem).  Plenty of time for that to change, but she has a 10% lead in the last poll and 6-7% in a few others.  Seems an ominous sign when a Tenn senate seat appears to be up for grabs instead of an automatic GOP win.  I hope that if the Dems somehow win the senate, they just flat out announce that there will be no GOP SCOTUS hearings until the next president is elected unless Garland is the nomination.  Just flat out announce it as such, and explain that until the Dems can get back that stolen court seat, there will be no good faith dealing.  Fair is fair.  

and Trump's popularity will increase more and more and he will clobber whatever Dimm they run against him. I really hope that they will run FAUXAHONTAS against him. She might be the missing stooge of the liberal Three Stooge women.....namely, Pelosi, Clinton, and Warren.

It's a safe bet that Warren won't win any nomination.  I'd be surprised if she runs, honestly.  It won't surprise me if by 2020, Pelosi has either been replaced or removed as Dem house leader, and replaced by someone that's much more of an open populist.  Clinton is history and has no role in the current Dem party except for giving an occasional speech somewhere.  

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am

Keep dreaming, Rob, about all of those Dimms winning seats. Not in the Senate will they take control. Trump proved that polls are very inaccurate. Why? Because many people lie when asked who they are going to vote for. Think a Dem is going to tell the truth that they are going to vote for a Rep? Hell no. Why? Because they would be taken to the woodshed by their Dimm friends for being racists. That is why.

Now this presupposes that the Reps will actually put together a solid election campaign which somehow they manage to fuck up quite a bit in practice. They had better run on Trump's successes as it pertains to the working people in the country. Less taxes, more jobs, better trade deals, good economic metrics, a safer country. That stuff. And don't get bogged down on little shit like gun laws and Putin crap.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:20 am

al in cal wrote:Keep dreaming, Rob, about all of those Dimms winning seats. Not in the Senate will they take control. Trump proved that polls are very inaccurate.

Hillary was never a sure thing in the polls.  Nate Silver said right up to election day that Trump was a simple polling error away from being elected.  Throughout the pre-election months, the polls were usually 48 to 44 for Hillary, with 8% not reporting.  Those 8% weren't lying.  They just weren't announcing their plans.  The Comey letter came out 11 days before the election and may of those 8% have said that pushed them over the edge.  Polls are definitely inaccurate, but they give you a good snapshot of where things are going.  they said the Alabama election for Senate would be tight, and it was.  They said the Pennsylvania house special election would be very tight and it was.  In the end, Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by something like 2-3 percent.  Polling predicted she'd win by closer to 3-4%.  That's hardly AWFUL polling.  Polling in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were showing ominous signs for Dems, with some showing a 1-2% lead for Hillary in the week before the election.  That's not really a lead when 6-8% of people are still saying "undecided."  

The time to pay attention to polling is when it's 51 to 46 with 3% not reporting.  Pretty much no matter what those 3% decide won't matter.  in the current Tennessee Senate polling, I've seen it looking like 48-38% or 45 to 39% for the Dem running against Blackburn.  That's not a solid sure-thing win for the Dem candidate, but it sure beats being down 5-10% in the polls.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 pm

I find it extremely amusing to see libs like Rob, defending the same stupid polls that were so wrong describing the last elections. Yeah, Rob, believe these new polls. You'll be crying just like all of those lib network ANALysts were on election night.

What Trump needs to do is to fire Session right away and appoint someone like Christie to be the new Attorney General. And coupled with that, appoint Trey Gowdy to be the new special prosecutor and charge that bulldog to go after the real criminals in all of this, namely  Hillary and Obama. 

Sessions really needs to go and so does Rosenstein. Rosenstein goes way back with Mueller and there is a ton of very bad history of the two of them working together. With all of the special prosecutors being Dimms, this entire office has always been a farce.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Hillary and Obama. Hilarious. Go get em, Tiger.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am

al in cal wrote:I find it extremely amusing to see libs like Rob, defending the same stupid polls that were so wrong describing the last elections. Yeah, Rob, believe these new polls. You'll be crying just like all of those lib network ANALysts were on election night.

What Trump needs to do is to fire Session right away and appoint someone like Christie to be the new Attorney General. And coupled with that, appoint Trey Gowdy to be the new special prosecutor and charge that bulldog to go after the real criminals in all of this, namely  Hillary and Obama. 

Sessions really needs to go and so does Rosenstein. Rosenstein goes way back with Mueller and there is a ton of very bad history of the two of them working together. With all of the special prosecutors being Dimms, this entire office has always been a farce.

The polls you are dismissing were off on three states.  Polls had Clinton winning Pennsylvania, Mich, and WI all by a small margin.  Instead she lost those by a very, very small margin.  Polls had very close races in FL and NC.  Trump won NC fairly handily.  Trump won FL in a close race.  

That is the extent of the polling error by the Nate Silver site.  And on the days prior to the election, Silver warned that there was a LOT of room for error and that his polling was only as accurate as the 92-93% of the folks that were declaring how they'd vote.  There were another 8% not declaring and he clearly explained that there was a lot of room for inaccurate polling. 

I will never tell anyone to trust the polls.  But I tell everyone to pay heed to polls.  They are usually accurate or pretty damn close.  Silver was correct in all 50 states in 2012 and hit on every Senate election except was wrong on one, where Heidkamp won by about 1% in North Dakota.  I don't care what you do, Al.  You seem to take pride in being deliberately and confidently ignorant, along with Kark.  So have at it.  Ignore the polls and declare that they are all wrong, the same way you were sure McCain would win and Romney would win in 2008 and 2012. 

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:10 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    al in cal wrote:I find it extremely amusing to see libs like Rob, defending the same stupid polls that were so wrong describing the last elections. Yeah, Rob, believe these new polls. You'll be crying just like all of those lib network ANALysts were on election night.

The polls you are dismissing were off on three states.  Polls had Clinton winning Pennsylvania, Mich, and WI all by a small margin.  Instead she lost those by a very, very small margin.  Polls had very close races in FL and NC.  Trump won NC fairly handily.  Trump won FL in a close race.  

That is the extent of the polling error by the Nate Silver site.  And on the days prior to the election, Silver warned that there was a LOT of room for error and that his polling was only as accurate as the 92-93% of the folks that were declaring how they'd vote.  There were another 8% not declaring and he clearly explained that there was a lot of room for inaccurate polling. 

I will never tell anyone to trust the polls.  But I tell everyone to pay heed to polls.  They are usually accurate or pretty damn close.  Silver was correct in all 50 states in 2012 and hit on every Senate election except was wrong on one, where Heidkamp won by about 1% in North Dakota.  I don't care what you do, Al.  You seem to take pride in being deliberately and confidently ignorant, along with Kark.  So have at it.  Ignore the polls and declare that they are all wrong, the same way you were sure McCain would win and Romney would win in 2008 and 2012. 

Talk about rubbish. Now you are re-writing history to claim that the polls were accurate. I especially enjoy you picking one pollster out of many who was least WRONG about the election. Typical liberal who will not own up to his mistakes. 

I also get amused by your missives about telling everyone to pay attention to polls because they are usually accurate or pretty damn close. That is bullshit. As for your ignorant insults to me and Kark, that is all liberals have left. Ignorant insults. The liberals have no solutions. They only create big time problems and then whine about the very situations that they themselves created. 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I only follow polls vetted and by Nate Silver, and ignore all others.

Plenty of polls out there yammer unscientifically about a candidate's chances of winning.  NYT's had Hillary at something like 90%, based on a pile of who knows what.  

Silver's site takes every poll, analyzes it, adjusts it to what he and his stat geek friends think is some kind of happy medium, and then spits it out in readable format.  That's what I follow.  Whatever polls you and anyone else are yammering about might as well just yammer into outer space.  It's meaningless.  I follow scientific polling (as should you if you're into that kind of thing) where the guy doing the number crunching has his name and reputation behind it.  Silver noted Hillary vs. Trump as about 75% vs. 25% on election day, while noting that Trump had a very significant chance to win based upon the number of undeclared voters.  

Not sure what more you need to hear on that topic.  Maybe you sleep better at night claiming that the polls are all wrong.  They aren't all wrong.  They are polls.  They aren't proven predictors.  They have margins of error that they admit to.  The 2016 election fell within the margins of error.  
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by Father of Satan on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I got your pole for ya, right here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 pm