Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

National Debt

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

National Debt

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am

Yo, dawg. Debt clock hit 20 trill on Sept 9, 17. Now it's at 21+ trill, just 6 months later. Is it bad to add a trillion to the debt in a half year during full employment, and a strong economy? Is this what making America great looks like? Asking for a friend?

Re: National Debt

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 am

Anybody that spreads the lie that the deficit was cut in half during the Obama administration has zero integrity on this topic and is incapable of discussing it honestly in an adult like manner.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Anybody that spreads the lie that the deficit was cut in half during the Obama administration has zero integrity on this topic and is incapable of discussing it honestly in an adult like manner.

Well the anyone that's spreading that lie isn't just me.  it's the entire national news media, who all explain that when Obama took office the deficit was about 9% of the GDP, and that late in his terms it got to (going on memory here) around 2.8 or 2.9% of the GDP.  By my math he didn't halve it.  He "thirded" it.  Granted, there are other caveats that go into the discussion that ought to be discussed out of fairness, so I'm not of the belief that "HE" (Obama) halved or thirded anything.  But still, the numbers are the numbers.  What percent of the GDP are we at now, while at full employment and a booming Trump economy?  I'm guessing it's plenty more than 3%.  Oh wait, you're probably going to tell me that's the "Good" kind of deficit.  I think you lectured me on this a while back...good deficit.  I think good deficit is the kind where you give a shitload of money to millionaires and they give bonuses to CEOs and buyback a ton of their stock.  "Good deficit."  Got it.  Thanks.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Anybody that spreads the lie that the deficit was cut in half during the Obama administration has zero integrity on this topic and is incapable of discussing it honestly in an adult like manner.

Well the anyone that's spreading that lie isn't just me.  it's the entire national news media, who all explain that when Obama took office the deficit was about 9% of the GDP, and that late in his terms it got to (going on memory here) around 2.8 or 2.9% of the GDP.  By my math he didn't halve it.  He "thirded" it.  Granted, there are other caveats that go into the discussion that ought to be discussed out of fairness, so I'm not of the belief that "HE" (Obama) halved or thirded anything.  But still, the numbers are the numbers.  What percent of the GDP are we at now, while at full employment and a booming Trump economy?  I'm guessing it's plenty more than 3%.  Oh wait, you're probably going to tell me that's the "Good" kind of deficit.  I think you lectured me on this a while back...good deficit.  I think good deficit is the kind where you give a shitload of money to millionaires and they give bonuses to CEOs and buyback a ton of their stock.  "Good deficit."  Got it.  Thanks.

THE ENTIRE NATIONAL NEWS MEDIA

LMAO!!!!  

DONTCHA MEAN THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA

JUST LOVE THE BAIT AND SWITCH.  NOW ITS THE DEFICIT AS A % OF GDP

KEEP ON LYING LIAR

JUST LOVE HOW YOU CLAIM THE NUMBERS ARE THE NUMBERS THAN YOUR NEXT LINE IS YOU GUESSING

ALSO LOVE YOU YOU ARE MIXING THE DEBT AND THE DEFICIT WHICH YOU CLAIM IS AN ACCOUNTING TRICK WHEN I DO IT.  THEN JUSTIFY IT BY INVENTING SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER SAID

LIKE I SAID, YOU HAVE ZERO INTEGRITY ON THIS BOARD
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

DONTCHA MEAN THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA

JUST LOVE THE BAIT AND SWITCH.  NOW ITS THE DEFICIT AS A % OF GDP

is this not the most reasonable way to account for inflation and rising GDP?  Have always figured that if you can get deficit to 2.5% of GDP at a time when you are also growing GDP by 2.5%, you've completed step 1, which is to bring it to stability.  Step 2 is keeping it there.  Step 3 is decreasing deficit below the rate of GDP growth.  Step 4, obviously, is the wipe out the deficit.  

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Yo, dawg.  Debt clock hit 20 trill on Sept 9, 17.  Now it's at 21+ trill, just 6 months later.  Is it bad to add a trillion to the debt in a half year during full employment, and a strong economy?  Is this what making America great looks like?  Asking for a friend?

Remember back when the so-called LINE ITEM VETO was being promulgated by some to help reduce the size of government and the national debt. Clearly politicians in Washington are huge supporters of growing the national debt. The only real chance that this country had to actually do something about the national debt was in the last decade with the advent of the Tea Party and what started to be a legit tax revolt. Well, the Rinos and the Dimms clearly crushed the Tea Party's efforts and now all is lost fiscally.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:37 pm

al in cal wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Yo, dawg.  Debt clock hit 20 trill on Sept 9, 17.  Now it's at 21+ trill, just 6 months later.  Is it bad to add a trillion to the debt in a half year during full employment, and a strong economy?  Is this what making America great looks like?  Asking for a friend?

Remember back when the so-called LINE ITEM VETO was being promulgated by some to help reduce the size of government and the national debt. Clearly politicians in Washington are huge supporters of growing the national debt. The only real chance that this country had to actually do something about the national debt was in the last decade with the advent of the Tea Party and what started to be a legit tax revolt. Well, the Rinos and the Dimms clearly crushed the Tea Party's efforts and now all is lost fiscally.

Lord Trump and his "intelligent" Secretary of the Treasury who needs to buy a vowel, Mnuchn, want the Line Item Veto. Chris Wallace, perhaps the only one over at Fox with a brain, had to school Mnuchn on the fact that the President had the Line Item Veto for about two years before it was found to be unconstitutional.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 pm

alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

Lord Trump and his "intelligent" Secretary of the Treasury who needs to buy a vowel, Mnuchn, want the Line Item Veto. Chris Wallace, perhaps the only one over at Fox with a brain, had to school Mnuchn on the fact that the President had the Line Item Veto for about two years before it was found to be unconstitutional.

IT was a noble idea. And Mnuchn is very intelligent unlike the jerkoffs that Obama and Bush II had in their respective cabinets. MY POINT was that the Tea Party was the last group that was trying to make a difference and the weak assed Rinos and the dim witted liberals who fucked things up for the American people. Perhaps there will be another case made for the line-item veto what with a Conservative Court that is likely to remain in control of the SC for the net couple of decades or so. They are also sure to over-throw Roe v Wade.

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 pm

They don't exactly "overthrow" SCOTUS judicial decisions, and they'll certainly not decide we no longer have a right to personal, medical privacy.  The path to dumping the right to abortion will be to make the winning argument that a fetus is a person with rights that are equal to the rights of the mom/carrier of the fetus.  Since we currently have a right to personal privacy, it's hard to fathom how a right to abortion will go away without making the argument that a fetus is a person.  With a woman currently having a constitutional right to full jurisdiction over her body, it's nobody's business what she's doing when she walks into a clinic.  

Careful with those plans and expectations about a conservative court.  There's a small but legitimate chance the Dems get control of the Senate this Nov.  A lot can happen before then, and the Dems could gain a 51-49 majority, or be in as bad as a 45-55 minority.   If they gain even a one vote majority, you can forget about ANY conservative SCOTUS nomination getting a hearing in the Senate during the rest of this presidential term.  If they block all nominations until 2020 and then win the presidency, then things can change in a big hurry.  I'm not predicting this so much as saying if there's one thing I've learned in my years, it's that neither party is very good at holding onto power, and I doubt that has changed to any degree that I expect the GOP to hold onto their current power for much longer.  

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:18 am

Have the never Trumpers on this board ever heard of the amendment process?

Maybe the line item veto can be part of the repeal of #16

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 am

alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

Maybe Lord Trump wouldn’t need it if Ryan and McConnell behaves like the adults in the room and knew how to govern

And yes, Trump should have veteoed this bipartisan theft of the public tax dollars.  Unfortunately, Trump lost the game of chicken and is now drowning in the swamp sane America was hoping he can drain.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:50 am

Donald could have just vetoed the bill. I bet he would have earned some public support for taking a stand, rather than just accepting something he didn't like.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

Maybe Lord Trump wouldn’t need it if Ryan and McConnell behaves like the adults in the room and knew how to govern

And yes, Trump should have veteoed this bipartisan theft of the public tax dollars.  Unfortunately, Trump lost the game of chicken and is now drowning in the swamp sane America was hoping he can drain.

They (Ryan and McConnell) are just following the orders of their bosses, the Koch brothers.

And as far as the swamp goes, Trump is draining the swamp water...but replacing it with the stuff that is in the outhouses in the parking lot at Sox Park after Nomadsfest.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Have the never Trumpers on this board ever heard of the amendment process?

They'll repeal the 16th after they repeal the Electoral College...and that will be on the 12th of Never.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm

The electoral college may eventually disappear via state legislation. Half way there already. Gonna take a sustained blue wave at the state level.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:They don't exactly "overthrow" SCOTUS judicial decisions, and they'll certainly not decide we no longer have a right to personal, medical privacy.  The path to dumping the right to abortion will be to make the winning argument that a fetus is a person with rights that are equal to the rights of the mom/carrier of the fetus.  Since we currently have a right to personal privacy, it's hard to fathom how a right to abortion will go away without making the argument that a fetus is a person.  With a woman currently having a constitutional right to full jurisdiction over her body, it's nobody's business what she's doing when she walks into a clinic.  

Careful with those plans and expectations about a conservative court.  There's a small but legitimate chance the Dems get control of the Senate this Nov.  A lot can happen before then, and the Dems could gain a 51-49 majority, or be in as bad as a 45-55 minority.   If they gain even a one vote majority, you can forget about ANY conservative SCOTUS nomination getting a hearing in the Senate during the rest of this presidential term.  If they block all nominations until 2020 and then win the presidency, then things can change in a big hurry.  I'm not predicting this so much as saying if there's one thing I've learned in my years, it's that neither party is very good at holding onto power, and I doubt that has changed to any degree that I expect the GOP to hold onto their current power for much longer.  

Well you'd be wrong on pretty much everything. The dems will never win the Senate and its probably at least even money that they will not win the House what with the great expectations on the economy. People do vote with their paychecks and there are a lot of Dems who will vote for Trump and those he backs. The Supreme Court is pretty much a done deal with at least two seats going to go to Reps in the next two years. Also a ton of Rep lower court permanent appointments. Good stuff.

As far as abortion is concerned, there is more and more scientific information coming into play in which they KNOW that a baby in the womb can feel pain an actually bonding with their mothers occurs much earlier than when Roe v Wade ever got adjudicated. My son and his wife are due to be receiving twin boys in July and the images of their twins have shown to be active and very small human beings. For a woman to deny that these two are not babies deserving of life is barbaric. Heaven help anyone to interfere with their gestation and birth process. Period.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Donald could have just vetoed the bill.  I bet he would have earned some public support for taking a stand, rather than just accepting something he didn't like.

I think that Trump was very much let down, once again, by Ryan and McConnell. I hope like hell that each get kicked out or vacate their offices as they are no supporters of Mr. Trump. Let Trump get Reps that support the American people not their respective political offices and their power. McConnell doesn't want to lead on anything especially slow walking Trump nominations for office. Yeah, the Dems are slow walking his appointees but McConnell has things that he could do to FORCE the Dems to vote on a regular schedule and he is too fucking lazy to do it because it would interfere with his damned state dinners and schmoozing in DC.

Trump HAD TO FUND THE MILITARY budget. This was his Achilles heel in this. I believe him when he says this isn't going to happen again.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

They (Ryan and McConnell) are just following the orders of their bosses, the Koch brothers.

And as far as the swamp goes, Trump is draining the swamp water...but replacing it with the stuff that is in the outhouses in the parking lot at Sox Park after Nomadsfest.

Nope. Kudus to Trump for his strong stance on unfair trade practices. Big step from a good leader. No balls in the previous holders of the office. Said he was going to do it and did it. Another big change from the previous holders of the office,huh. This is already achieving new reaction from the US trade partners. Trump gets it. YOu cannot win a trade war with the US. The US holds most of the cards as the largest economic market in the world by far. The notion that the US cannot destroy any other country in the world economically is stupid. We can and Trump will but he will not have to. Already China and North Korea have blinked and right now they are beginning to walk back their trade policies.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:The electoral college may eventually disappear via state legislation.  Half way there already.  Gonna take a sustained blue wave at the state level.

Hilarious. America is overwhelmingly conservative at a state by state basis. It is only states with huge liberal cities in it that would vote for canceling the electoral college. To believe that will ever happen is just delusional. IF anything, after Trump wins his next election, the Republican Party will be much different, particularly in the Senate. The old guard Reps will no longer be there. McCain, Flake, and other Rinos will be gone and a lot of House Reps will also be replaced. And yet, the Senate Dems will be reduced and a couple may actually switch parties when the political reality hits them. The Dems will pick up some seats as long as the current "leadership" is so stupid about what Americans actually believe but forget about taking control in 2018. Your side won't and it will be a landslide for Reps in 2020.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:02 am

I am not actually predicting the end of the electoral college. That should be evident in my comments.  Am only pointing out that a blue wave COULD make a difference if it were a sustained one.

One thing I have learned is that political power is fleeting.  Today's conservative America is tomorrow's dying baby boomers.  What comes next?  Your guess is as good as mine, but there is at least a small chance that there is a growing progressive movement forming.  Again, I ain't predicting it, but there are signs when you look at the results of the special elections over the past several months.  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:The electoral college may eventually disappear via state legislation.  Half way there already.  Gonna take a sustained blue wave at the state level.

I have a twelver of Yuengling that says not in our lifetime.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:20 pm

alohafri wrote:

I have a twelver of Yuengling that says not in our lifetime.

Only a fucking idiot would want to do away with the electoral college.

Good chance the supreme court overrules this idiocy

Fuck the the schmuck's blue wave.  The asshole is to stupid to realize his progressive masters are selling away our Nation for votes that keep them in power at our expense.  That is why the majority of US citizens voted Trump.

But keep on believing in free college and free health care and how great it is to be gay.  If the Nation is ever dumb enough to let it pass, a lot of socalled progressives are in for a massive disappointment.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

al in cal wrote:

Hilarious. America is overwhelmingly conservative at a state by state basis. It is only states with huge liberal cities in it that would vote for canceling the electoral college. To believe that will ever happen is just delusional. IF anything, after Trump wins his next election, the Republican Party will be much different, particularly in the Senate. The old guard Reps will no longer be there. McCain, Flake, and other Rinos will be gone and a lot of House Reps will also be replaced. And yet, the Senate Dems will be reduced and a couple may actually switch parties when the political reality hits them. The Dems will pick up some seats as long as the current "leadership" is so stupid about what Americans actually believe but forget about taking control in 2018. Your side won't and it will be a landslide for Reps in 2020.

Exactly, amazing how Rob, who is supposed to be intelligent, wants the illegal aliens of California to decide our Presidency.

PS, John Stossel had an excellent article showing how completely off base Hillary is with the retarded claim that "Productive" America voted for her.  People are fleeing blue states in droves because of the progressive idiocy misguided people like Rob like to fantasize about.  Unfortunately, the blue population flight tends to behave like swarming locust.  Voting for the same fucked up ideas in their new home that fucked up their old home.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Have the never Trumpers on this board ever heard of the amendment process?

They'll repeal the 16th after they repeal the Electoral College...and that will be on the 12th of Never.

Too much money and power tied to the 16th, so your cynical sarcasm will most likely hold true

But that shouldn't stop those of us who love America and believe in its founding principles from fighting what what is right, and that is to repeal 16.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    al in cal wrote:

Thank you Rob Jr

Now where is the guy that claims to be the Republican

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 am