Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Leury Garcia

Leury Garcia

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:37 pm

so far this spring, 4 inning in CF, 7 at 2B  11 at SS

I would say after week one of ST, little Leury is not being considered for the CF job

Nor should he be in the KARK's not so humble opinion
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Leury Garcia

Post by rmapasad on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:so far this spring, 4 inning in CF, 7 at 2B  11 at SS

I would say after week one of ST, little Leury is not being considered for the CF job

Nor should he be in the KARK's not so humble opinion

Leury played CF today, so it still looks like an open competition. Hell, one source even suggested that Tilson was the likely CFer this year .
    https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-chicago-white-sox/

OK, I'm not buying that one either. How can the job go to a guy who has a grand total of one game's experience in the majors and hasn't even picked up a baseball for past 20 months ?  
    But how much does it matter who starts on April 1st ?  Saladino, May and Asche were all on Opening Day lineup card last year for example.  All that counts is which guys still deserve to be around on Sept 1st.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:52 am

If 2018 is another on the job training year where wins as losses don't matter, then why not Tilson?

Before the injury, he was the closest match to Lorenzo Cain

Now if Tilson looks as rusty as hell, sure throw him to AAA

Its the KARK guess that Adam Engel will be in CF in just about every game.  Now most of those games, it will be the 8 & 9th inning.....

As for Sept 1st, I got a 12er of Summer Shandy saying both Leury and Yolmer are gone.  the latter will be missed.  If I lose, then double or nothing on april 1st 2019
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:If 2018 is another on the job training year where wins as losses don't matter, then why not Tilson?

Before the injury, he was the closest match to Lorenzo Cain

Now if Tilson looks as rusty as hell, sure throw him to AAA

Its the KARK guess that Adam Engel will be in CF in just about every game.  Now most of those games, it will be the 8 & 9th inning.....

As for Sept 1st, I got a 12er of Summer Shandy saying both Leury and Yolmer are gone.  the latter will be missed.  If I lose, then double or nothing on april 1st 2019

Just read some reports that Tilson was behind on fastballs in Arizona Fall Ball so I was wrong about the 20 month layoff - it was "only" 16 months.  Plus he's just  2 - 10 in Spring so it's hard to see how anyone can think he's the frontrunner for CF at this point. 
    But he could get his mojo back in Charlotte, and he's still just 25 years old.  It's not like Engel or Leury will put a strangehold on the CF job this year either. Tilson was decent in 2016 (753 OPS in AAA).  Cain had only made AA at age 23 and it wasn't until he was 28 that he finally had his big breakout season at KC.  So there is still hope for Charlie.
    As to Leury or Sanchez being with the Sox by Sept '18 or April '19, I'd bet one of them is.  They'd both make good utility guys.   But Sox wouldn't keep both as utility guys, particularly since they are offensively similar (low power, low OBP, speedy but not big SB threats). 

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 am

SO YOUR SAYING TILSON IS RUSTY AS HELL.  I'LL TAKE YOU WORD FOR IT

TIME WILL TELL ON LEURY AND YOLMER

MY MONEY IS ON BOTH BEING GONERS.  I SUSPECT THE KARK ISN'T THE ONLY ONE THINKING YOLMER IS A HIDDEN GEM.  TELL ME HE WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR THE BREWERS

LEURY IS A DIME A DOZEN PLAYER STUCK IN A LOSE LOSE SITUATION,  HE EITHER PLAYS WELL WHICH MAKES HIM TRADE BAIT.  OR HE SUCKS WHICH MAKES HIM A NON TENDER CANDIDATE.  YEAH, HIS VERSITITLY HELPS WHEN YOU ONLY CARRY 4 BENCH SPOTS.  BUT HE AIN'T THE ONLY VERSITLE GUY OUT THERE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm