Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

NOTHING BURGER

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

NOTHING BURGER

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm

JAKE BURGER OUT FOR THE YEAR!!!!!

PAGING MIKE MOUSTAKAS
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: NOTHING BURGER

Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:JAKE BURGER OUT FOR THE YEAR!!!!!

PAGING MIKE MOUSTAKAS

Burger wasn't supposed to make the team this year. What are you suggesting, Moustakas to take Burger's place in Winston-Salem?
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:08 am

alohafri wrote:

PAGING MIKE MOUSTAKAS

Burger wasn't supposed to make the team this year. What are you suggesting, Moustakas to take Burger's place in Winston-Salem?

Tommorrow is March 1st,

How long b4 all the Mouse has is a minor league contract with a spring training invite.

Food for thought

Ooops, probably shouldn't be mentioning food to you this week

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am

alohafri wrote:

PAGING MIKE MOUSTAKAS

Actually, this might make Moustakas a greater possibility for the Sox.  As you said, Burger was supposed to start in high A this year and then maybe be the Sox 3bman by late 2020, early 2021.  Now his  timetable has been set back, and if the Sox expect to contend in 2020,  Burger won't likely be ready. So Moose on a 4-5 year deal might be possible.
    Mr Modelo
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by Mr Modelo on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 am

The President of the company I work for informed me of the Burger injury.  He told me that he suffered a similiar injury when he ran track.  He claims this is an injury one never fully recovers from.  One has to wonder if this is it for Burger at 3B.  It is my understanding that it was 50/50 he'd be move to 1B by time he hit the majors.  Obviously this injury sets him back at least a year.  I would suggest at least two since his first year back would be a recovery year.  Therefore, I would say that a Burger major league debut within the next 5 years is extremely improbable.

With Burger out of the 3B picture, the White Sox need a new mid-term or long-term solution.  Mike Moustakas can be a mid-term answer.  He is just 29 and one would assume that he would come at a bargain price this late in the spring.  With many pundits expecting a quick rebuild that will have the White Sox challenging the 2nd wild card in 2019, this might be a golden opportunity to acquire an All-Star talent that can not only provide veteran leadership, but a much needed lefthanded bat.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am

Mr Modelo wrote:The President of the company I work for informed me of the Burger injury.  He told me that he suffered a similiar injury when he ran track.  He claims this is an injury one never fully recovers from.  One has to wonder if this is it for Burger at 3B.  It is my understanding that it was 50/50 he'd be move to 1B by time he hit the majors.  Obviously this injury sets him back at least a year.  I would suggest at least two since his first year back would be a recovery year.  Therefore, I would say that a Burger major league debut within the next 5 years is extremely improbable.

With Burger out of the 3B picture, the White Sox need a new mid-term or long-term solution.  Mike Moustakas can be a mid-term answer.  He is just 29 and one would assume that he would come at a bargain price this late in the spring.  With many pundits expecting a quick rebuild that will have the White Sox challenging the 2nd wild card in 2019, this might be a golden opportunity to acquire an All-Star talent that can not only provide veteran leadership, but a much needed lefthanded bat.

While true that one might never completely recover from this injury, I'm not as worried about how it will affect Burger than if the injury occurred to a guy like an Adam Eaton or another speedy SS or outfielder type.  Burger ought to recover enough that he can go back to being a third baseman and a solid hitting prospect.  Having watched the Bears closely for the last ten years, we saw Cutler suffer a similar/same injury and it never even looked to me like he wasn't fully recovered. Granted, he was never much more than a middling QB, but during his final three years with the Bears, did he ever look like his running ability was hindered or not at the level of where it was before the injury?  I don't really think so.  
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 am

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

PAGING MIKE MOUSTAKAS

Actually, this might make Moustakas a greater possibility for the Sox.  As you said, Burger was supposed to start in high A this year and then maybe be the Sox 3bman by late 2020, early 2021.  Now his  timetable has been set back, and if the Sox expect to contend in 2020,  Burger won't likely be ready. So Moose on a 4-5 year deal might be possible.

since I emptied all the piss and vinegar out of my bladder yesterday, I will answer this as politely as possible

Yes, this might make OUR White Sox more inclined to get the MOUSE

THE KARK says its a mistake!!!!!

The hidden gem on this team is Yolmer Sanchez.  3.5WAR in 2017.  A hair behind Manny Machado.  OUR White Sox are just drooling at the thought of showering that clown with a 1/3 of a billion dollars.  Yet Yolmer, who is the exact same age, is considered an after thought.

COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL!!!!!

Since day one, Yolmer has not only been the best defensively infielder in the Sox org, but has been routinely named best defensive prospect at every level played.  His bat looks weak because he was always young for his league thanks to world class defense.  But is you look closely at his career stats, you will see that he typically catches up to the league his 2nd year.  It took a tad longer at the MLB level because the White Sox didn't play him everyday unless they absolutely had to.

If this where my team, Yolmer is the 2B where he would be a gold glover.  Moncada is the 3B which some believe would be better for him defensively.  Given his obvious athleticsism, he probably becomes a top defensive 3B, something less likely if he remains at 2B.

and here is what I completely don't get.  OUR White Sox would gladly tolerate average defense for an above average bat.  Why don't they tolerate an average bat for gold glove caliber defense?!?!?!  Defense isn't linear people.  A team of average at best defenders would provide clearly below average team defense because nobody is capable up picking up the slack.  Economists call it the law of diminishing returns.

So give me one good reason Yolmer isn't considered a long term fixture in this rebuild!!!!!  Instead, OUR White Sox treat Yolmer like Chester treated Jessica in the classic TV show soap.  Always looking for the sexy HR like Davidson or Palka or Gillaspie or Cordell.  THE KARK has a 12er of Summer Shandy saying Yolmer sits everytime OUR White Sox get a hard on for some Wily Garcia type to show off his softball skills
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:39 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Mr Modelo wrote:The President of the company I work for informed me of the Burger injury.  He told me that he suffered a similiar injury when he ran track.  He claims this is an injury one never fully recovers from.  One has to wonder if this is it for Burger at 3B.  It is my understanding that it was 50/50 he'd be move to 1B by time he hit the majors.  Obviously this injury sets him back at least a year.  I would suggest at least two since his first year back would be a recovery year.  Therefore, I would say that a Burger major league debut within the next 5 years is extremely improbable.

While true that one might never completely recover from this injury, I'm not as worried about how it will affect Burger than if the injury occurred to a guy like an Adam Eaton or another speedy SS or outfielder type.  Burger ought to recover enough that he can go back to being a third baseman and a solid hitting prospect.  Having watched the Bears closely for the last ten years, we saw Cutler suffer a similar/same injury and it never even looked to me like he wasn't fully recovered. Granted, he was never much more than a middling QB, but during his final three years with the Bears, did he ever look like his running ability was hindered or not at the level of where it was before the injury?  I don't really think so.  

Yeah, Burger is a fairly meaty guy who wasn't ever going to be much of a runner. He moved well enough to be a decent glove at 3b and his arm is strong. BUT the Achilles thing could have some longer-term effects  on his lateral mobility.  Power is supposed to be his strong suit.

He still has three more levels in the minors to get through and while he did OK this past season, he didn't crack the top 5 of all Sox prospects. Late 2020 was his projected arrival and now 2021-2022 looks like the new date if at all. Meaning he's not going to be the Sox 3bman when the team plans to contend in 2020. 
    This makes a Moustakas signing more likely now. 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 am

rmapasad wrote:

Lordy, I hope not.  He strikes me as a glorified replacement player.  Call him a Replacement Player Plus.  I'm not against guys like that in the lineup or on the roster, but why devote long term big money for this?  Stick Yolmer or Moncada there and see if they can develop.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

If this where my team, Yolmer is the 2B where he would be a gold glover.  Moncada is the 3B which some believe would be better for him defensively.  Given his obvious athleticsism, he probably becomes a top defensive 3B, something less likely if he remains at 2B.

and here is what I completely don't get.  OUR White Sox would gladly tolerate average defense for an above average bat.  Why don't they tolerate an average bat for gold glove caliber defense?!?!?!  Defense isn't linear people.  A team of average at best defenders would provide clearly below average team defense because nobody is capable up picking up the slack.  Economists call it the law of diminishing returns.

So give me one good reason Yolmer isn't considered a long term fixture in this rebuild!!!!!  Instead, OUR White Sox treat Yolmer like Chester treated Jessica in the classic TV show soap.  Always looking for the sexy HR like Davidson or Palka or Gillaspie or Cordell.  THE KARK has a 12er of Summer Shandy saying Yolmer sits everytime OUR White Sox get a hard on for some Wily Garcia type to show off his softball skills

Agree Sanchez gets no respect.  I was on the Yolmer for 2nd, Yoan for 3rd bandwagon in August after seeing Sanchez hit better. He was always top shelf defensively, and 2b makes a lot more sense for him than 3b.  Moncada can play anywhere and 2b doesn't take advantage of some of his strengths like speed and arm and it exposes his one weakness - footwork on the double play.

However, there is still reason to be concerned about Yolmer. Statcast had his exit velocity off the bat as one of the lowest in majors last year, he doesn't walk enough and he still strikes out too much for a non-power hitter.   By starting at 3b this year, he was going to at least have another chance to improve his hitting.  Of course if Moose is signed, that would cook Yolmer's goose. 
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

Lordy, I hope not.  He strikes me as a glorified replacement player.  Call him a Replacement Player Plus.  I'm not against guys like that in the lineup or on the roster, but why devote long term big money for this?  Stick Yolmer or Moncada there and see if they can develop.

Basically agree. He went to Chatsworth HS, not far from here, and they seemed to produce a lot of guys with uppercut swings.  For a power hitter he doesn't strike out that much, but still chases balls out of the zone and has a ton of popups and cans of corn.  As a result, his career BA is .251 with a weak .305 OBP.    His defense was good early in his career, but those numbers have tailed off lately.

Been very inconsistent.   Good in 2012, barely above replacement in 2013-2014, good in 2015, hurt in 2016, great in HR's (38)  in 2017 but not much else (.314 OBP and -3.1 defense).  He didn't hit in the best HR ballpark for LHers in KC, so the Cell might be friendlier for him, but we've heard that song before (Dunn, LaRoche). 

Basically he'd be a lot of excess dough for what amounts to the feel-good of having a "proven vet" at 3b.  Interesting that the Angels passed on him, since they needed a 3bman, they've always fallen for the proven vet syndrome and he's a So Cal boy.  Instead they signed Cozart, a career SS with a good glove for 3b.   Suppose if there is hope for Sanchez, Zack Cozart would be the role model. 
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Agree Sanchez gets no respect.  I was on the Yolmer for 2nd, Yoan for 3rd bandwagon in August after seeing Sanchez hit better. He was always top shelf defensively, and 2b makes a lot more sense for him than 3b.  Moncada can play anywhere and 2b doesn't take advantage of some of his strengths like speed and arm and it exposes his one weakness - footwork on the double play.

However, there is still reason to be concerned about Yolmer. Statcast had his exit velocity off the bat as one of the lowest in majors last year, he doesn't walk enough and he still strikes out too much for a non-power hitter.   By starting at 3b this year, he was going to at least have another chance to improve his hitting.  Of course if Moose is signed, that would cook Yolmer's goose. 

I don't see why anybody would be concerned about Yolmer's bat.  At a 732 OPS he had a 3.5WAR.  He doesn't turn 26 until the end of June.  So its completely reasonable that he keeps that OPS between 700-750.  Assuming constant defense, that should keep him at a 3 WAR.

As to the rest of your comments regarding Yolmer's hitting, all I can say is somebody has to bat 9th.  It's not like I'm expecting him to OPS at an 850 rate.  I accept they he'll check in a hair or 3 north of 700.  That should be enough to keep his golden glove at a key defensive position in the lineup.

BTW, according to Baseball reference, only 47 hitters in the AL had a WAR of 3.0 or better.  In 2016 is was only 39.  There are 135 everyday players in the AL (15 x 9) and Yolmer has a very good chance to consistently be in the top 1/3 thanks to his golden glove.

PS, Matt Davidson just might steal the job if he stays hot this spring.  I guess the White Sox consider his weekly moon shot to be more than enough to cover all the flaws in his game
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    I was on the Yolmer for 2nd, Yoan for 3rd bandwagon in August

To give credit where credit is due

Yes you did call this

Yes it inspired THE KARK to investigate the matter

Yes, I reached the same conclusion

This is why I now consider Yolmer the hidden gem

Now it wouldn't be a KARK post if THE KARK wasn't pig biting mad about something.

THE KARK started his sabermetric hobby in 1983.  One of the purposes of sabermetrics was to shine a light on guys like Yolmer.  Sadly, real sabermetircs seems to have taken a back seat to fantasy league valuations.  Its been a few years since I looked, but is there anything like the old Baseball Abstracts coming out every spring that are book store best sellers?  Or is it all on the internet?

Just got to wonder, any of the SABR Bloggers touted Yolmer?!?!?!?  Or are they all like this idiot at fangraphs

The Quick Opinion: Even with the incremental gains in OBP over the last few seasons, Sanchez still lacks the true power, speed, and plate skills to be an everyday contributor in real life or in fantasy.

What?!?!?!?  a guy that provides gold glove defense and hits about the league average doesn't provide real life contributions?!?!?!?!?

and Fangraphs is suppose to be cutting edge SABR?!?!?!?!?

35 years ago, Bill James would probably have an extremely long comment regarding the value of Yolmer and the value of fielding and the why you need a diverse lineup and why teams that ignore this lose because 9 Matt Davidson's don't do much else besides their weekly moonshot.

BTW, this is not meant to say Yolmer is a future HOF'er and the White Sox are blind to it.  Its saying at some point you need to play the glove instead of the bat.  Especially if we have good reason to believe the the bat will be HR or nothing.  And that goes double when nobody else in the lineup is known for their defense.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Just got to wonder, any of the SABR Bloggers touted Yolmer?!?!?!?  Or are they all like this idiot at fangraphs
    The Quick Opinion: Even with the incremental gains in OBP over the last few seasons, Sanchez still lacks the true power, speed, and plate skills to be an everyday contributor in real life or in fantasy.
    What?!?!?!?  a guy that provides gold glove defense and hits about the league average doesn't provide real life contributions?!?!?!?!?

BTW, this is not meant to say Yolmer is a future HOF'er and the White Sox are blind to it.  Its saying at some point you need to play the glove instead of the bat.  Especially if we have good reason to believe the the bat will be HR or nothing.  And that goes double when nobody else in the lineup is known for their defense

The guy (Farnsworth) who evaluated Sanchez in Fan Graphs is a fantasy writer so his take on "real world value" doesn't mean shit.  FG had Sanchez's WAR in middle of pack for all 2bmen last year.  Defensively he was 4th best, close behind Gordon (who's moved to CF), Kinsler, and Forsythe.  But Yolmer was bottom 1/3 in offense (power #, BB, K, BA) though, so he's going to have to step it up some. 

But here's the kicker. Looking at the top 20 guys at 2b last year, 3/4 had a worse OPS at age 25 than Sanchez did last year.  That includes some real studs like Cano, Dozier, and Murphy.   Sanchez upped his [size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16]his power a couple years ago and his ISO of 145 is good for a 25year old 2bman.   Not saying h[size=16]e'll ever become a hitting stud like Dozier or Murphy.  But he shouldn't be just written off like some permanent lightweight.  Most starting 2bman today looked like lightweights at ages 24-25 too. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16]He's got to improve his plate discipline, swing at fewer pitches out of the zone.  Another 25-30 balls in play (instead of K's) would mean an extra 8-10 hits.   If he does that, he could be a solid .275/.330/.430 guy in his late 20's and coupled with great defense, that's a 3-4 win player.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

That said, I believe the Sox still are enamored with Davidson's bat to the point they want to give him another shot at 3b.  So remains to be seen who will get how many AB's this year.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:21 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

BTW, this is not meant to say Yolmer is a future HOF'er and the White Sox are blind to it.  Its saying at some point you need to play the glove instead of the bat.  Especially if we have good reason to believe the the bat will be HR or nothing.  And that goes double when nobody else in the lineup is known for their defense

The guy (Farnsworth) who evaluated Sanchez in Fan Graphs is a fantasy writer so his take on "real world value" doesn't mean shit.  FG had Sanchez's WAR in middle of pack for all 2bmen last year.  Defensively he was 4th best, close behind Gordon (who's moved to CF), Kinsler, and Forsythe.  But Yolmer was bottom 1/3 in offense (power #, BB, K, BA) though, so he's going to have to step it up some. 

But here's the kicker. Looking at the top 20 guys at 2b last year, 3/4 had a worse OPS at age 25 than Sanchez did last year.  That includes some real studs like Cano, Dozier, and Murphy.   Sanchez upped his [size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16]his power a couple years ago and his ISO of 145 is good for a 25year old 2bman.   Not saying h[size=16]e'll ever become a hitting stud like Dozier or Murphy.  But he shouldn't be just written off like some permanent lightweight.  Most starting 2bman today looked like lightweights at ages 24-25 too. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16]He's got to improve his plate discipline, swing at fewer pitches out of the zone.  Another 25-30 balls in play (instead of K's) would mean an extra 8-10 hits.   If he does that, he could be a solid .275/.330/.430 guy in his late 20's and coupled with great defense, that's a 3-4 win player.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

That said, I believe the Sox still are enamored with Davidson's bat to the point they want to give him another shot at 3b.  So remains to be seen who will get how many AB's this year.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Moncada is the 2B because it gets a bat at a glove position and his glove is good enough

Ditto Davidson.  If he hits 40 HR, we can live with his defense.

Not one spot in the lineup where they say he's a gold glover and we will live with his bat.  And in Yolmer case, that bat is AT the league average.

PS, name the White Sox player who had the best walk rate among players with over 300 PA and finishing the year with the team
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 am

Roger writes

FG had Sanchez's WAR in middle of pack for all 2bmen last year.  Defensively he was 4th best,

The KARK is confused.  Baseball Reference had Yolmer 3.5 overall.  A hair behind Manny Machado.  I believe that is 36 overall in the AL.  Is there that many good 2B?  

As for fielding WAR, 4th by a little or 4th by a lot?  and who's to say Yolmer doesn't close the gap once he is no longer treated like a utility guy

Finally, I don't think anybody thinks he will be anything more than average offensively.  My point is that a 700+ OPS at a glove position makes you a damn good player when you just might have the best glove.  You know it, I know it, too bad the White Sox don't know it

Chicks may dig the long ball, but grumpy old men that enjoy cheap all you can eat buffet food in the middle of winter while discussing OUR White Sox appreciate swinging the leather.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 am

ANOTHER THING ABOUT YOLMER

He'll keep the payroll down

If he were a 3WAR guy that was making up for a negative glove with his bat, he'd earn twice as much.  Maybe triple.  Unless your Ozzie Smith, real tough to get paid by the glove.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 am

The KARK is confused.  Baseball Reference had Yolmer 3.5 overall.  A hair behind Manny Machado.  I believe that is 36 overall in the AL.  Is there that many good 2B?  >

I'm confused by BR's system. They use Baseball Info Solutions for defense and have Sanchez at 1.8 WAR defensively and Moncada at

.8 WAR defensively in roughly 1/2 the games, meaning they would be about equivalent over a whole season.   They then have Sanchez at 2.0 WAR offensively and Moncada at 1.1 which would pencil to about 2.3 over a full season. YM's OPS was 18 pts higher, BUT Sanchez played 3b a good chunk of the year meaning that his offensive WAR rate shouldn't really be that close to Moncada's rate.

Fan Graphs has Sanchez 7.7 on defense and Moncada -1.5.  On offense they have Moncada 2.8  and Sanchez at -5.1 which makes sense as it accounts for Sanchez playing 3b.  For the record, they have Davidson at -13 offense (since he was DH quite a bit) and -10.9 on defense.  Intuitively, Fan Graphs seems to make more sense in their ratings at least to me.  It also suggests that Sanchez at 2b, Moncada at 3b is the best utilization of resources.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:10 am

ROGER WRITES:

Fan Graphs has Sanchez 7.7 on defense and Moncada -1.5.  On offense they have Moncada 2.8  and Sanchez at -5.1 which makes sense as it accounts for Sanchez playing 3b. 

MINUS 5.1 WHAT?!?!?!?!?

RUNS AGAINST AVERAGE AT THE POSITION?!?!?!?!?

TO ME, IT WOULDN'T MAKE SENSE TO BE WAR.

BTW, THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY THE LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURNS.

THE TOP TWO WHITE SOX HITTERS ARE RH SLUGGERS NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR DEFENSE (ABREAU AND GARCIA).  THEIR TOP PROSPECT, JIMINEZ, IS ALSO A RH SLUGGER NOT KNOWN FOR HIS DEFENSE.  SO ADDING A 4TH, MATT DAVIDSON, WILL NOT HELP YOUR LINEUP AS MUCH BECAUSE NOW IT IS BECOMING TOO TILTED TOWARDS RH SLUGGERS NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR DEFENSE.  AND THAT ASSUMING DAVIDSON CAN GET HIS OPS+ NORTH OF 100 WHICH IS A MIGHTY BIG ASSUMPTION.

BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOLMER IS A TRADE TO THE BREWERS WHERE HE CAN WIN A HANDFUL OF GOLD GLOVES AND BE THE NL'S PREMIER DEFENSE 2b FOR THE NEXT DECADE
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

Fan Graphs has Sanchez 7.7 on defense and Moncada -1.5

Sounds like Fangraph's is confirming some the the earlier scouting reports on Moncada which describes his defense as clunky.

THE HAWK describes it as a potential gold glover.

Assuming the former is closer to the truth, its another case of going with the bat and living with the defense.  and in the case of Davidson, its more like CHICKS DIG THE LONGBALL.  As you already known, Sanchez had the better hitting metrics in 2017 despite not averaging a moonshot once a week.

Yolmer better hope Davidson and Gillaspie don't get hot that last week of spring.  Then he is certain to start the year on the bench
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am

AND THIS BRINGS ME BACK TO THE MOUSE

If OUR White Sox can't figure out Yolmer is the hidden gem, I'd rather pay the MOUSE rather than pray Davidson can figure out the strike zone.

That said, an infield from left to right on Moncada - Anderson - Sanchez - 1B can kick ass for the next decade in the KARK's not so humble opinion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 am