Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

49 billion surplus in Jan

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Re: 49 billion surplus in Jan

Post by al in cal on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 am

Soxillinirob wrote:When do the big financial and revenue gains hit the treasury. Looks like they have signicantly downward revised expectations in 2018.  Polls find that most Americans arent noticing this newfound tax cut in their check.  This was supposed to bring 3.5 to 5% growth. Now they are expecting 2-3%.

That is the problem with polls. People Lie for polls all of the time. IT is bullshit that Americans aren't noticing the tax cuts. They absolutely are because those cuts are significant to notice. So are the bonuses and pay raises that Trump got for them. As well as people returning to work in industries that suffered greatly under BushII and Obama. And the great part, is that it is just starting. The first year was all trying to set the stage for the rest coming by getting stupid regs eliminated and laws passed.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Middle class recd an even bigger cut under Obama and didnt notice those, either. Unless it happens to be significant money, it probably just flies under the radar. People arent lying to pollsters. I sense that most of them are just oblivious.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Yes, after Newt and Reagan and Bush blew the doors off the debt with tax cuts and loose spending, they forced Clinton to cut spending. We agree.

Rubbish. i made more money under Reagan and Bush in my career than I ever did before and since. The economy prospered after the malaise of Carter. The "legacy" of Clinton economically was due to Newt. I actually thought that Clinton was a pretty pragmatic president and did bow to the political winds.

al in cal
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by al in cal on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Which entitlement spending?  Social security?  Medicare?  We pay for those.  Look up how much we spend on food stamps and welfare, etc. It's a pittance compared to the military.  We keep giving away the money to pay for things via tax cuts. Starve the Beast is working.

I am greatly happy that food stamps are so much not needed and given under the Trump administration. What is the freeking mindset of liberals that they are an entitlement . And without the military, where would the United States of America be?  Maybe just another English colony?

Obama reduced the American readiness in the military to being unable to be capable to respond to attacks from foreign threats.  The fucking hypocrisy of the left is the just assume that no one will attack us attitude.  That is total bullshit. That also is the fucking trump card of the left. Millions of people in this country think that no one will hurt us because of their bullshit believe that most people are good and will never hurt us. These people are delusional.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:12 am