Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Trump rocks

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Trump rocks

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

one year better than all 8 of Obama

DEAL WITH IT!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Trump rocks

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 am

Based on what measurements?  When I saw the title of the thread I thought you were referring to the rocks he has in his head.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am

Maybe by "better" you mean "bigger" in terms of what he plans to do to our deficit during a PROSPEROUS period for our economy.  How is his plan to double the deficit during strong economic times (when we're supposed to be making up ground) better?  Especially when you consider where interest rates appear to be headed?  If we were in a recession, I would fully understand and accept doubling the deficit.  Shouldn't he currently be shrinking it?  Or cutting it in half?  What up with that?  

Sorry for the childish rant.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

I also wondered if you think it's Trump that rocks, or if it's just that you think it rocks when there's a GOP majority across the board that will allow the GOP ideology to be implemented.  Seriously, did the tax cut for billionaires and crumbs for middle class bill pass because of Trump?  or would it have passed under Kasich, Bush3, or Prez Rubio, also?  Wouldn't any of those guys and many other repub presidents have installed a Republican conservative justice on SCOTUS?  Wouldn't any president from the right be cutting regs and doing essentially the same policy things that are happening under Trump?  Trump's not really DOING anything on policy.  He just signs the bills and rants publicly.  I honestly don't know what rocks about Trump.  He is potentially going to cost the GOP its House majority because of how disgusted 55-60% of the American voters are about him.  I'm not sure that he's doing anything that a Pres Kasich wouldn't also be doing that would help grow the stock market.  I'm not saying this as a childish rant.  I'm actually asking how he rocks.  Imagine if a GOP president had this economy and this stock market AND was a statesman who acted like a mature adult and didn't put his foot in his mouth or shoot his dick off every 15 mins.  

Always thought a solid case could be made that Obama DIDN'T rock because of some of the long term harm that came to the Dems under him.  It's not all his fault, but he has to take some of the blame, as does the DNC who was completely asleep at the wheel in 2010 and 2016.  Obama was always a statesman and a classy and dignified guy, so he didn't exactly embarrass the country and make the US look bad in the eyes of the world, but his party suffered under him, and I'd say the same will easily be said in the aftermath of this Trump disaster.  I do, however, believe that America's youth and the millennials love Obama, and as they are the future of this country, his legacy will grow over the coming years, and those positive vibes will carry to the Dem party.  So while the party suffered a bit under him, it'll likely flourish a bit in his post-presidency, as he'll always be a good representative for them, who will bring campaign donations and give fancy DNC convention speeches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:28 pm