Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The Day the Tea Party died

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

The Day the Tea Party died

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:10 am

Today is the day. Fiscal conservatism from conservatives is gone. Looks like we are on path for $4 trillion in debt over the next 3 yrs...during prosperous times, when we are supposed to be making up ground and closing the gap. Fiscal conservative Kark must be so pissed at his hero.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: The Day the Tea Party died

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

And before you accuse me of not caring about deficits under my hero (yes, he's becoming my hero more and more every day.  Thanks Obama), I do care, but am ok with deficits.  Deficits are ok, depending on the situation.  Surpluses are nice, too.  How about a little bit of both?  Shouldn't the overall plan be to be to run deficits during down times and surpluses during up times?  Should we not be trying to engineer the economy and our tax policy to make up ground during more prosperous times (the last 6-8 yrs) and to run negative during awful times such as from 2008 to 2010?  What's unacceptable is that we're growing the deficit insurmountably during times of arguably our strongest economy in 7-8 yrs.  How is it that we have full employment and an expectation of 3.5% growth, and are now on pace (net of the new budget) for a probable $1.1 trillion deficit in 2018?  Bare minimum, the deficit should be stabilized and no larger a percentage of the GDP than the percentage rate at which the GDP is growing.  That's the bare minimum.  Basic expectations should be such that we are at least balanced and net $0 during prosperous times.  Optimally, we ought to be +$200-400 billion in 2018.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 am

I don’t believe a word of you two childish rants.  If I cant prove 1.8 wrong, then all your gloom and doom can’t be proven right.  You have proven to be a disingenuous person who gets off on being a contrarian.  If Hillary were president, this is nothing but a meaningless correction and the spending would be much needed.  So spare me your deliberate disagreements.  You ain’t fooling anybody.

PS, gas still in the 2’s.  Further proof your a liar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 am

And b4 you claim I all for spending, more like i find you unworthy of a serious discussion.  You have proven yourself a liar you only wishes to deliberately disagree.  $2 has, 1.8, two obvious homeruns by the KARK yet you are to ignorant, arrogant and immature to give credit where credit is do.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 am

Finally your whole premise is a lie.  DC politicians buy votes with our tax dollars.  Never any serious cuts because there will always be a crybaby and God forbid anybody gets told no.  Solution fire the Sanders and Durbins and Pelosi and all the others that think being elected to Congress is like being elected Pope.

And if your lying as cared about spending, stop federal funds no of global warming and aids research.  Ditto abortion.  Plenty of Hollywood billioniares that can fund this stuff
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Finally your whole premise is a lie.  DC politicians buy votes with our tax dollars.  Never any serious cuts because there will always be a crybaby and God forbid anybody gets told no.  Solution fire the Sanders and Durbins and Pelosi and all the others that think being elected to Congress is like being elected Pope.

And if your lying as cared about spending, stop federal funds no of global warming and aids research.  Ditto abortion.  Plenty of Hollywood billioniares that can fund this stuff

Global warming, AIDS and abortion (fed funds not allowed to be spent on this anyway)?  What's that, about .0001% of our annual spending?  Gee.  Ok.  Let's get rid of that.  That'll fix everything.  

Deficits used to matter until approximately a year ago.  Not quite sure what changed the GOP and conservatives' mindset on this.  Hmmm.  I'm going to think on this for a while.  

It's following exactly how I constantly claim.  Deficits go up during Repub presidents.  Deficits go down during Dem presidents.  This presidency is beginning to look a bit like the Trump business model, which is to get by using any means necessary, especially running up shit-tons of debt to make it all work.  Worry about the downside later.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:I don’t believe a word of you two childish rants.  If I cant prove 1.8 wrong, then all your gloom and doom can’t be proven right.  You have proven to be a disingenuous person who gets off on being a contrarian.  If Hillary were president, this is nothing but a meaningless correction and the spending would be much needed.  So spare me your deliberate disagreements.  You ain’t fooling anybody.

PS, gas still in the 2’s.  Further proof your a liar

LOL.  You calling my posts "Childish rants" is akin to if your hero president called someone illiterate.

Your hero has remade and rebranded the Republican party into his image.  Awesome.

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 am

One thing is for sure...if Obama (or a prez Hillary) tried raising a 600 billion deficit to over a trillion, and actually succeeded, you and your Tea Party buddies and all of the Repubs in DC would burn the fucking capitol to the ground and then set yourselves on fire as an encore.  I'm sure I'd at least see you parading your misspelled placard signs all over St. Charles.  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

abortion (fed funds not allowed to be spent on this anyway)?  

You don't think a shell game is being played? "We'll just take this money that the government is giving us and put it toward referring women for other services and take this money we budgeted for those services and put it toward abortions. Isn't this great?"
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:51 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

abortion (fed funds not allowed to be spent on this anyway)?  

You don't think a shell game is being played? "We'll just take this money that the government is giving us and put it toward referring women for other services and take this money we budgeted for those services and put it toward abortions. Isn't this great?"

Ultimately, PP or any other place receiving gov't funding can only bill or invoice for non-abortive services, and receive payments for non-abortive services.  Not sure if you're implying that they're billing the gov't for checkups that are actually abortions in disguise (which would be highly illegal and felonious) or if you're suggesting that six of one is half dozen of another and that when PP receives their payments from the fed for checkups or birth control they are tossing it into the abortion collection box and then tossing abortion payments into the check up collection box.  That would be of no concern to me as long as they are billing properly for services.  If I get a knee procedure at a place that also does an occasional abortion, should I worry that my payment for knee procedure is going into the abortion collection box?  Fuck no.  Although maybe I might feel inclined to think about if I ought to be bringing my business to a place that might have an ethical/moral conflict with my (or your) beliefs.  
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I don’t believe a word of you two childish rants.  If I cant prove 1.8 wrong, then all your gloom and doom can’t be proven right.  

Proven right?  What needs to be proven right?  A week ago the US Treasury noted a financial need for approximately $955 billion to cover the 2018 expected deficit.  They also loosely made arrangements for borrowing of above $1 trillion for each of 2019 and 2020.  This was BEFORE we passed the new budget bill to add another $300 billion of costs to the next two years of operating budget.  You can easily look this stuff up.  I don't need some fancy equations that only a genius man with a 132 IQ has.  That 300 billion will be another approx 150 billion in each of 2018 and 2019, bringing the 955 billion figure to approx $1.1 trillion and 2019 to $1.2 or 1.3 trillion.  That's not doom and gloom.  That's math, Mr 132 IQ with a CPA.  

I don't even find a deficit of a trillion to be so much of a scandal or a gloomy thing, but a deficit anywhere near that during times of strong prosperity is pretty unforgivable.  Obama's final fiscal year had a deficit in the -600 billion range.  You and every other conservative are claiming that things are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better now economically.  So shouldn't we be seeing a whittling down of the deficit to almost a net $0?  Or just a deficit of $200 bill, which would be minuscule compared to the size of our GDP.  If we are growing it to above $1 trillion as the new norm, are we not ushering in some inescapable problems that will eventually (soon) be a problem?  Or is that too much doom and gloom?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

I just ran across this article today.  Written yesterday, but he makes reference to the US Treasury's 2018, 2019 and 2020 deficit expectations in the first couple/few paragraphs.  If you need further proof than this, you can probably do a Google search.  This guy is a pretty good read and I don't believe him to be a liberal.  In fact, his column was highly recommended to me by a couple of pretty hard core conservatives.

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/where-will-we-get-the-cash
    Mr Modelo
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by Mr Modelo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

Deficits go down during Dem presidents.

Have you ever heard of Obama?

Just wondering
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Mr Modelo wrote:Soxillinirob wrote:

Deficits go down during Dem presidents.

Have you ever heard of Obama?

Just wondering

Indeed I have, and the the deficit dropped during his years pretty consistently and then came up a small bit during his final year in office.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:40 am