Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

DOW 26,0000

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

DOW 26,0000

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 am

AND ITS ALL BECAUSE OF OBAMA!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

AND IF THE DEMS RETAKE THE HOUSE THIS NOVEMBER AND THE BUBBLE BURSTS, IT WILL ALL BE TRUMPS FAULT

BUT ITS THE KARK THAT'S TRYING TO FOOL PEOPLE.

HILLARIOUS!!!!

THE DOW IS UP ALMOST 8000 POINTS SINCE THE MAJORITY OF US CITIZENS VOTED FOR TRUMP

THE ONLY THING OBAMA HAS TO DO WITH THIS IS THAT PEOPLE WHO INVEST IN THE MARKET AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE STOCK MARKET HISTORIC RATE OF RETURN IS 10-11% ARE TICKLED PINK THAT OBAMA WILL NEVER EVER BE IN A POSITION OF POWER AGAIN.  THEY ARE ALSO TICKLED PINK THAT TRUMP IS UNDOING ALL OF HIS LEFTWING NONSENSE, SOMETHING HILLARY NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE.

PS, THIS IS ALSO WHY THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS AT ITS LOWEST LEVELS SINCE BEING MEASURED FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY.  
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: DOW 26,0000

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:44 am

How sure are you that this will not pull back and correct?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 am

Black unemployment was close to all time lows when Obama left office. Trend continued under Trump. Big whoop.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:09 am

Sorry but the majority of citizens wanted Clinton.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 am

Soxillinirob wrote:How sure are you that this will not pull back and correct?

It's not like it happened before, like in the late 20's.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:01 pm

alohafri wrote:

or 8-9 yrs ago, or in the year 2000.

My take on the markets is to always approach with caution and a grain of salt.  I never thought the markets were falling due to Bush2, or gaining due to Obama, nor do I think these gains are primarily due to Trump.  They most certainly do have some relationship to the tax cuts and the reductions in regulations, but I look at that the way I'd view someone that's on a protein and veggies diet.  if you suddenly begin letting them have carbs and bread and pasta, they are going to be happy and fatten up.  Is that a good thing?  Maybe.  Depends on how thin or malnourished they were.  Maybe they really needed the carbs.  Or maybe they were healthy and didn't need them.  

The markets were doing nicely, gaining between 8-14% percent annually.  That's not sustainable, but it might have kept up for a while.  Now that we've had a 25-30% year, and seem on pace for another, we're going to fatten up even more quickly, but that's FAR less sustainable than the 10-20% gain years, or the 8-12% years.  There are a lot of expectations built into the current market numbers.  The markets expect 3.5% to 4% GDP growth.  The moment we're below that, we'll see a major pullback.  

It's common sense that the markets would be growing right now.  We just handed hundreds of billions of dollars to large corporations.  They became more profitable overnight.  That will also mean a greater income divide and when we have our next recession, deficits will be unbelievable due to the tax cuts and reduced revenues.  That deficit will surely mean spending cuts, which will deepen that recession even further.  We can be fat and happy now.  I am.  My investments and 401k have me wondering about retirement.  But when this current phase ends, the fall will be hard and painful.  We are experiencing a bubble.  Get in while the getting is good.  Get out before it bursts.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

My take on the markets is to always approach with caution and a grain of salt.  I never thought the markets were falling due to Bush2, or gaining due to Obama, nor do I think these gains are primarily due to Trump.  They most certainly do have some relationship to the tax cuts and the reductions in regulations, but I look at that the way I'd view someone that's on a protein and veggies diet.  if you suddenly begin letting them have carbs and bread and pasta, they are going to be happy and fatten up.  Is that a good thing?  Maybe.  Depends on how thin or malnourished they were.  Maybe they really needed the carbs.  Or maybe they were healthy and didn't need them.  

The markets were doing nicely, gaining between 8-14% percent annually.  That's not sustainable, but it might have kept up for a while.  Now that we've had a 25-30% year, and seem on pace for another, we're going to fatten up even more quickly, but that's FAR less sustainable than the 10-20% gain years, or the 8-12% years.  There are a lot of expectations built into the current market numbers.  The markets expect 3.5% to 4% GDP growth.  The moment we're below that, we'll see a major pullback.  

It's common sense that the markets would be growing right now.  We just handed hundreds of billions of dollars to large corporations.  They became more profitable overnight.  That will also mean a greater income divide and when we have our next recession, deficits will be unbelievable due to the tax cuts and reduced revenues.  That deficit will surely mean spending cuts, which will deepen that recession even further.  We can be fat and happy now.  I am.  My investments and 401k have me wondering about retirement.  But when this current phase ends, the fall will be hard and painful.  We are experiencing a bubble.  Get in while the getting is good.  Get out before it bursts.

Commie! This will be an 8 year bubble thanks to Lord Trump!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Commie! This will be an 8 year bubble thanks to Lord Trump!

Dude, I can think of nothing that would benefit me better than an 8 yr bubble, aside from a 9 year bubble.  In 8 yrs, I'll be turning 60.  If the markets grow for 8 more years anywhere near the way they have in the past 8, then Pam and I will be doing a lot of traveling in a nice little camper-bus thingy, driving all over the country and Canada. 

I just heard Trump announce in a lunchtime speech that if Clinton had won the presidency, the markets would already have fallen 50% off of where they were at the time of the election, i.e. they'd be at around 9,000 right now, instead of 26,000.  He also said that the markets were stagnant and flat, and we were experiencing no growth and no gains when he took over.  S&P was going nowhere.  LOL.  Pathological lying is his strong suit.  I should know, since I'm the expert liar on this board.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

My take on the markets is to always approach with caution and a grain of salt.  I never thought the markets were falling due to Bush2, or gaining due to Obama,

EXCEPT IN THE POST WHERE YOU DID BLAME BUSH AND GAVE CREDIT TO OBAMA

nor do I think these gains are primarily due to Trump.  They most certainly do have some relationship to the tax cuts and the reductions in regulations, but I look at that the way I'd view someone that's on a protein and veggies diet.  if you suddenly begin letting them have carbs and bread and pasta, they are going to be happy and fatten up.  Is that a good thing?  Maybe.  Depends on how thin or malnourished they were.  Maybe they really needed the carbs.  Or maybe they were healthy and didn't need them.  

WELL THAT'S ABOUT AS CLEAR AS MUD

The markets were doing nicely, gaining between 8-14% percent annually.

NICE IF YOU STARTED YOUR 401K IN 2010.  NOT SO NICE IF YOU DID SO PRIOR TO 2007 AND IT TOOK 6 YEARS TO RECOVER.  THAT BTW IS NOT AN OPINION BUT A FACT

That's not sustainable, but it might have kept up for a while.  Now that we've had a 25-30% year, and seem on pace for another, we're going to fatten up even more quickly, but that's FAR less sustainable than the 10-20% gain years, or the 8-12% years.  There are a lot of expectations built into the current market numbers.  The markets expect 3.5% to 4% GDP growth.  The moment we're below that, we'll see a major pullback.  

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!!  OF COURSE THE MARKETS WON'T STAY AT 30%.  YOU ARE THE MASTER OF THE FREAKIN' OBVIOUS.  WHAT'S NEXT, BUY LOW SELL HIGH

It's common sense that the markets would be growing right now.  We just handed hundreds of billions of dollars to large corporations.  They became more profitable overnight. 

ONLY THE SCHMUCK FROM ST CHUCK WOULD BE SO ARROGANT TO PERFORM REVISIONIST HISTORY WHILE ITS HAPPENING FOR ALL OF US TO SEE.  THE MARKETS TOOK OFF LIKE A ROCKET THE DAY AFTER THE MAJORITY OF US CITIZENS VOTED TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT.  A GOOD 13 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR OTHER LIE ABOUT HANDING CORPORATION BILLIONS.  TAX CUTS AREN'T HAND OUTS.

That will also mean a greater income divide and when we have our next recession, deficits will be unbelievable due to the tax cuts and reduced revenues.

MORE LEFTWING BULLSHIT.  INCOME DIVIDE MY ASS.  HILLARIOUS HOW MR AMT IS WORRIED SUDDENLY WORRIED ABOUT INCOME.  

That deficit will surely mean spending cuts, which will deepen that recession even further.

HEY JACKASS, THE GOVT CAN'T SPEND MONEY WITHOUT TAXING OR BORROWING IT FROM SOMEBODY.  SO WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO PROCLAIM THE MONEY WILL SIMPLY DISAPPEAR.  MORE LIKE, IT WILL BE OTHERS, NOT YOUR PRECIOUS GOVT SPENDING IT

We can be fat and happy now.  I am.  My investments and 401k have me wondering about retirement.

GO RIGHT AHEAD.  JUST REMEMBER CHANCES ARE THAT EITHER YOU OR YOUR WIFE WILL LIVE TO 90.  HOPE YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO LAST ABOUT 40 YEARS.  AND IF YOU DO, JUST FURTHER PROVE YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP WITH YOUR GLOOM AND DOOM NONSENSE

But when this current phase ends, the fall will be hard and painful.  We are experiencing a bubble.  Get in while the getting is good.  Get out before it bursts.

AND JUST WHAT, EXACTLY IS CAUSING THAT BUBBLE?!?!?!?!?

EVER THINK THAT MUCH OF THIS IS THE RESULT OF OBAMA BEING GONE AND THIS IS THE RELEASE OF THE SUPRESSED OBAMA ECONOMY?!?!?  AFTER, IF ITS NOT TRUMP LIKE YOU CLAIM, AND IF YOU CAN'T IDENTIFY THE BUBBLE, THEN THE ONLY OTHER ANSWER IS OBAMA'S WELL KNOWN ECONOMIC STUPIDITY.  IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS ONE GIANT CORRECTION TO THE WEAK RATE OF RETURNS OF 2009-2016.

THAT ALL SAID, MAJOR DOWNTURNS DO SEEM TO OCCUR EVERY 10-15 YEARS.  ITS BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE THE LAST ONE.  AND JUST TO FURTHER DEMONSTATE HOW FULL OF BEANS ROBZ IS, HE CLAIMS CONTEMPLATING RETIREMENT THEN CLAIMS HE EXPECTS A HARD AND PAINFUL RECESSION.  OR DOES THAT BLATANT CONTRADICTION ONLY OBVIOUS TO A CPA WITH A 135 IQ

PS, ANYBODY THAT SERIOUSLY BELIEVES A SEVERE RECESSION IS AROUND THE CORNER SHOULD LOOK IN ANNUITIES TODAY.  SPECIFICALLY, ONES THAT OFFER AN INCOME RIDER AND A LONG TERM CARE RIDER.  CRYING SHAME ROBZ, A SUPPOSED FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL DOESN'T OPINE ON THIS.  I WOULD THINK HIS INSIGHT IN THIS AREA WOULD HELP BOARD MEMBERS FAR MORE THEN HIS LEFTWING HATE SPEECH
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Dude, I can think of nothing that would benefit me better than an 8 yr bubble, aside from a 9 year bubble.  In 8 yrs, I'll be turning 60.  If the markets grow for 8 more years anywhere near the way they have in the past 8, then Pam and I will be doing a lot of traveling in a nice little camper-bus thingy, driving all over the country and Canada

just imagine all the CO2 you'll be spewing in the atmosphere as you waste all that $2 gas
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm

I just heard Trump announce in a lunchtime speech that if Clinton had won the presidency, the markets would already have fallen 50% off of where they were at the time of the election, i.e. they'd be at around 9,000 right now, instead of 26,000.  He also said that the markets were stagnant and flat, and we were experiencing no growth and no gains when he took over.  S&P was going nowhere.  LOL.  Pathological lying is his strong suit.  I should know, since I'm the expert liar on this board.

from Oct 2007 to Nov 2016 the markets were basically a glorified CD

PS, we all know Trump is exaggerating and ripping on Hillary.  But leave it to you to take a joke or a rant as some sort of in depth analysis meant to be taking literally.  Funny how you do that, but when it comes to PASS THE BILL TO SEE WHATS IN IT and YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT, than suddenly you see all sorts of nuances.

That is why I consider you a two faced liar.  

PSS, if I had to give a serious answer, I'd say President Hillary would be celebrating DOW 20,000 right about now.  And I'm sure people like you would be proclaiming her some sort of genius and insisting the DOW would be lucky to be over 10,000 if Trump won the election.  So spare us the self rightous bullshit
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Seriously People

Anybody here that is in their late 40's early 50's, now just might be a good time to look into an annuity other other whole life insurance product.  The key term to look for is long term care rider.  Another key term, guaranteed income for life.

Not a question of if, but when the market takes a 40-50% hit.  So if you have money on the table, might want to take some of it off

At the very least, figure out who to call and the name of the fund that means cash and how to transfer your equities into a pure cash fund so you can stop the bleeding.  I haven't confirmed it, but I don't believe these 40-50% drops happen all in one day.  The KARK ain't ready to take money off the table yet.  but I know who to call to tell to sell everything in case I see the bottom dropping out.  Hopefully I'd be able to stop the bleeding around 15%
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I just heard Trump announce in a lunchtime speech that if Clinton had won the presidency, the markets would already have fallen 50% off of where they were at the time of the election, i.e. they'd be at around 9,000 right now, instead of 26,000.  He also said that the markets were stagnant and flat, and we were experiencing no growth and no gains when he took over.  S&P was going nowhere.  LOL.  Pathological lying is his strong suit.  I should know, since I'm the expert liar on this board.

from Oct 2007 to Nov 2016 the markets were basically a glorified CD

PS, we all know Trump is exaggerating and ripping on Hillary.  But leave it to you to take a joke or a rant as some sort of in depth analysis meant to be taking literally.  Funny how you do that, but when it comes to PASS THE BILL TO SEE WHATS IN IT and YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT, than suddenly you see all sorts of nuances.

He wasn't joking or ranting.  He was making a speech and speaking in very serious terms. 

That is why I consider you a two faced liar.  

PSS, if I had to give a serious answer, I'd say President Hillary would be celebrating DOW 20,000 right about now.  And I'm sure people like you would be proclaiming her some sort of genius and insisting the DOW would be lucky to be over 10,000 if Trump won the election.  So spare us the self rightous bullshit

Goofy as Hillary is/was, she'd not be spending a single second of her days or speeches talking about anything relating to Donald Trump if she had become our president.  Granted, you might not like her talking points, but those points would be about the US, and not Trump.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

PS, ANYBODY THAT SERIOUSLY BELIEVES A SEVERE RECESSION IS AROUND THE CORNER SHOULD LOOK IN ANNUITIES TODAY.  SPECIFICALLY, ONES THAT OFFER AN INCOME RIDER AND A LONG TERM CARE RIDER.  CRYING SHAME ROBZ, A SUPPOSED FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL DOESN'T OPINE ON THIS.  I WOULD THINK HIS INSIGHT IN THIS AREA WOULD HELP BOARD MEMBERS FAR MORE THEN HIS LEFTWING HATE SPEECH

I'm a mortgage loan originator.  That's the professional service I provide.  I'm not the person to see or ask about income riders and long term care riders.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

ONLY THE SCHMUCK FROM ST CHUCK WOULD BE SO ARROGANT TO PERFORM REVISIONIST HISTORY WHILE ITS HAPPENING FOR ALL OF US TO SEE.  THE MARKETS TOOK OFF LIKE A ROCKET THE DAY AFTER THE MAJORITY OF US CITIZENS VOTED TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT.  A GOOD 13 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR OTHER LIE ABOUT HANDING CORPORATION BILLIONS.  TAX CUTS AREN'T HAND OUTS.

The minute that Trump won the election, and had clear majorities in the House and Senate, there was an immediate belief that they could and would lower taxes for corporations.  As it became more and more clear that this was going to happen, markets went up even quicker.  The market gains for this tax cut are already, for the most part, priced into the market gains we've seen over the past year.  Those gains are based on a 3.5-4% GDP growth.  The moment the markets realized that the corporations are going to be paying hundreds of millions less in taxes, their stock prices went up.  That's pretty simple economics.  If we get a quarterly report of 2.0% or 2.4% growth, you'll see a big drop in the markets.  We'll probably have a decent 6-12 months of growth because the tax cuts have introduced some new money into the economy, but after one year that becomes the norm and we fall back to the customary growth of a mature economy.  We're not going to see the kind of growth some think, however, because the bulk majority of the new money being dumped into the economy will be going to people who are very well off and who won't necessarily turn that new money into consumption.  Very little of the new money will be going to the folks that are going to fully spend that out.  

A good example is when Obama pushed a cut in taxes (I believe it was a cut in SS payments) in around 2010 that was akin to about 1.5x or twice as much per person as this new tax cut.  And yet, people in the USA believed Obama had raised their taxes. And in that case, almost all of that tax cut went to the part of the US population that spends out that income into immediate consumption.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

I'm a mortgage loan originator.  That's the professional service I provide.  I'm not the person to see or ask about income riders and long term care riders.

you opine on everything else financial and economical.....

Besides, my point on that stuff is more of a heads up than an actual suggestion

Plus I think a guy claiming he's eyeing retirement would know some of the pros and cons

finally, I'm not the guy that sells these either.  But if I thought I were 5 years away from being an empty nester with a nest egg big enough to retire and I also thought a crash would be happening around that time as well, I would be seeking expert advice on these subjects.  Its this experts opinion that if you want to retire at 60, you better figure out an income stream that lasts until 90.  so my expert advise to you is to find an even more knowledgeable expert who can explain the pros and cons of the items I mention and see if you can get the math to work.  The KARK was shown a path to a married couple getting $10K a month from age 70 on.  the KARK will be 67 when his little Megan is scheduled to graduate college.  will need to work until 70 if she goes to Med school like she is supposed to.  The KARK is currently trying to clear that pathway.  for me, its a little bit too bumpy right now
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

you opine on everything else financial and economical.....

yeah.  I opine.  I don't offer a whole lot of advice.  We all opine.  That's why we're here.  

Besides, my point on that stuff is more of a heads up than an actual suggestion
    Plus I think a guy claiming he's eyeing retirement would know some of the pros and cons

Definitely.  I do know the pros and cons of most, but not everything.  

finally, I'm not the guy that sells these either.  But if I thought I were 5 years away from being an empty nester with a nest egg big enough to retire and I also thought a crash would be happening around that time as well, I would be seeking expert advice on these subjects.  Its this experts opinion that if you want to retire at 60, you better figure out an income stream that lasts until 90.  so my expert advise to you is to find an even more knowledgeable expert who can explain the pros and cons of the items I mention and see if you can get the math to work.  The KARK was shown a path to a married couple getting $10K a month from age 70 on.  the KARK will be 67 when his little Megan is scheduled to graduate college.  will need to work until 70 if she goes to Med school like she is supposed to.  The KARK is currently trying to clear that pathway.  for me, its a little bit too bumpy right now

When I turn 60, I'll have a college freshman, a college senior, and a kid that's either out of college or muddling around in his fifth year.  I've been an avid and aggressive investor since 23 yrs old, and Pam works for a company with a great 401k.  Retiring at 60 is probably a pipe dream.  63 is probably more realistic.  

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am

When I turn 60, I'll have a college freshman, a college senior, and a kid that's either out of college or muddling around in his fifth year.  I've been an avid and aggressive investor since 23 yrs old, and Pam works for a company with a great 401k.  Retiring at 60 is probably a pipe dream.  63 is probably more realistic.  

Then my expert advice to you is to have a social security expert help you map out when the best time to start drawing is.

That's assuming the heartless GOP don't jack up the starting age to 75 in order to deal with people living longer and healthier than ever.  

Finally, if you haven't done so already, the time to get long term care insurance is in your early to mid 50's.  Personally, I would do it as a rider to a whole life policy.  That should eliminate the biggest problem with LTC, which is the use it or lose it portion.  I assume that applies to Kevin as well.

Or maybe you can do the KARK plan.  Live on a diet of bacon double cheeseburgers until your hear explodes.  A massive grabber while sitting at your desk is probably the cheapest way to go
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

What's Social Security?
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:32 pm

alohafri wrote:What's Social Security?

ABOUT 1/3 OF A TEACHERS PENSION

Razz
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Then my expert advice to you is to have a social security expert help you map out when the best time to start drawing is.

Read yesterday that in most cases, take it the moment you qualify...62.  Heart problems and death at an early age run in my family history.  Probably take it the moment I can.  

That's assuming the heartless GOP don't jack up the starting age to 75 in order to deal with people living longer and healthier than ever.  

All they need to do is raise the ceiling on collections from the current 125k income limit (or whatever it is) to some slightly higher number.  For now, anyway, the SS trust fund is in a significant net positive position...maybe 2 or 3 trillion in the black.  I can't remember the specifics anymore, but I believe I read that we only recently moved into a position of paying out more than we're taking in during the last couple/few years.  

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:What's Social Security?

ABOUT 1/3 OF A TEACHERS PENSION

Razz
    cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:50 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Then my expert advice to you is to have a social security expert help you map out when the best time to start drawing is.

Read yesterday that in most cases, take it the moment you qualify...62.  Heart problems and death at an early age run in my family history.  Probably take it the moment I can.  

INTERESTING!!!!  I looked at my projected payments.  age 70 is roughly double than 62.  But if you die at 72......

The KARK's problem is that he'll be 63 when his little Megan is scheduled to start college.  No way in hell I pay for that with that a social security check.  so I my be waiting until 70 by default

All they need to do is raise the ceiling on collections from the current 125k income limit (or whatever it is) to some slightly higher number.  For now, anyway, the SS trust fund is in a significant net positive position...maybe 2 or 3 trillion in the black.  I can't remember the specifics anymore, but I believe I read that we only recently moved into a position of paying out more than we're taking in during the last couple/few years.  

Personally, I'd exempt the first $20K or so and tax everything above.  Of course, I'm assuming there is no loss of revenue.  Really don't know if it does or doesn't.  but then, I'm not making the decision.  I do agree that the cap in BS
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Seriously People

Anybody here that is in their late 40's early 50's, now just might be a good time to look into an annuity other other whole life insurance product.  The key term to look for is long term care rider.  Another key term, guaranteed income for life.

Not a question of if, but when the market takes a 40-50% hit.  So if you have money on the table, might want to take some of it off

At the very least, figure out who to call and the name of the fund that means cash and how to transfer your equities into a pure cash fund so you can stop the bleeding.  I haven't confirmed it, but I don't believe these 40-50% drops happen all in one day.  The KARK ain't ready to take money off the table yet.  but I know who to call to tell to sell everything in case I see the bottom dropping out.  Hopefully I'd be able to stop the bleeding around 15%

LOOKS LIKE ROBZ WASN'T THE ONLY ONE SUGGESTING TAKING SOME WINNINGS OFF THE TABLE

AND THE KARK DID WITHOUT SOUNDED LIKE A SELF RIGHTEOUS PARTISAN ASS.

I WONDER IF ROBZ WRITES HIS GLOOM AND DOOM TERM PAPER HAD IT BEEN HILLARY TAKING CREDIT FOR 13 MONTHS OF WONDERFUL ECONOMIC NEWS

AMAZING HOW IN ROBZ EYES, ALL THE GOOD IS JUST A CONTINUATION OF AN OBAMA POLICY.  BUT THE BAD IS NOW JUST POPPING UP OUT OF NOWHERE.  FOR 8 YEARS, ROBZ COULDN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE HOW TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS WHERE COMMON PLACE UNDER OBAMA.  NOW THE MERE PROJECTION OF ONE HAS HIM IN A TIZZY.

CAN YOU SAY HYPOCRIT
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

I WONDER IF ROBZ WRITES HIS GLOOM AND DOOM TERM PAPER HAD IT BEEN HILLARY TAKING CREDIT FOR 13 MONTHS OF WONDERFUL ECONOMIC NEWS

Things would be different under a hypothetical Pres. Clinton, so my words would be different.  Hillary would be doing some things I like, but which would also have some downsides, I imagine.  Nothing good really comes without at least some unintended consequences.

AMAZING HOW IN ROBZ EYES, ALL THE GOOD IS JUST A CONTINUATION OF AN OBAMA POLICY.  BUT THE BAD IS NOW JUST POPPING UP OUT OF NOWHERE.  FOR 8 YEARS, ROBZ COULDN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE HOW TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS WHERE COMMON PLACE UNDER OBAMA.  NOW THE MERE PROJECTION OF ONE HAS HIM IN A TIZZY.

You think I'm in a tizzy?  I guess I need to work on how I convey my message if you think I'm coming across in a tizzy.  Yes, trillion dollar deficits were common in Obama's first four years, but they were put there and handed to him that way.  That's significantly different from GWB, who applied conservative principles to a surplus and spent his way into a trillion dollar deficit.  That's also significantly different from what appears to be happening under Donnie, whereby he'll be taking a 600 billion'ish deficit and turning it into more like a trillion'ish deficit, even though the GDP is growing and unemployment is nonexistent.  These are the times when you're supposed to close the gap on a deficit and/or even turn it into a surplus.  The prediction is for 3.5% GDP growth, or even 4% in 2018.  So why would we be reserving a trillion for our deficit?  I don't really understand.  We had a steadily growing economy and almost no unemployment.  It would have been a great time to either cut spending or increase taxes, or both, in order to end the deficit.  It made perfect sense.  Taxes don't have to always be cut.  They can be raised, and cut, and raised, and cut.  You don't cut in times of prosperity or economic stability.  It was dumb.  And the fact that we're looking at a trillion dollar deficit in good economic times will bear some very nasty and painful fruit when the economy turns downward eventually.  

CAN YOU SAY HYPOCRIT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content