Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Miguel Gonzalez back

Miguel Gonzalez back

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Hopefully to eat innings

But the KARK fears he’ll just piss them away

Oh well

I think the big picture requires keeping Kopech down so the service time clock stays in the White Sox favor

Still, RA Dickey would have been a far better choice
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Miguel Gonzalez back

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Hopefully to eat innings

But the KARK fears he’ll just piss them away

Oh well

I think the big picture requires keeping Kopech down so the service time clock stays in the White Sox favor

Still, RA Dickey would have been a far better choice

Depends on how much punishment Gonzalez will be allowed to take before Renteria waves the white towel and has to pull him.    5- 6 IP and 4-5 runs is OK , as it won't tax the bullpen that much.  It's the 2-3 inning outings that will be a problem.
    No matter that he'll likely have a 6 -14 record.  It's getting those 170 innings that counts.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26 am

He is a WIN NOW-RELOAD signing to get the FANBOYS fired up for GLENSDALE!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:He is a WIN NOW-RELOAD signing to get the FANBOYS fired up for GLENSDALE!!!

Murph just extended his reservations at Olive Garden.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am

The trek.  Get there.  Watch some nonsense.  Claim they LOOK GOOD.
    Head to Tucson to hit Olive Garden with Mart.  They might deliver to his bunker.  Go to Tucson Electric Park to relive Sox Spring Training of yesteryear!!

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 am

It's getting those 170 innings that counts.

I'll be surprised if he gets halfway there

One way other another, I don't see him spending the whole year in a white sox uniform

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:The trek.  Get there.  Watch some nonsense.  Claim they LOOK GOOD.
    Head to Tucson to hit Olive Garden with Mart.  They might deliver to his bunker.  Go to Tucson Electric Park to relive Sox Spring Training of yesteryear!!

the Olive Garden in Oswego has some kind of deal about buy 1 dinner, get the same to go.  Its either free or half.

BTW, I think all the Robs on this board owe Mart an apology.

Shame a man of his class and intellect decided this board became to juvenille and insulting to stay here
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

the Olive Garden in Oswego has some kind of deal about buy 1 dinner, get the same to go.  Its either free or half.

BTW, I think all the Robs on this board owe Mart an apology.

Shame a man of his class and intellect decided this board became to juvenille and insulting to stay here

I'm not sure what or if I said anything to Mart that would warrant an apology from me.  I got along well with Mart until his final year here, when he began telling me I'm some kind of sinner against his god or something for not being pro-life.  I never called him any names, despite believing he'd turned into some kind of whack job crackpot.  If someone's gonna play around on these boards, they need to have thick skin and he was a thin-skinned baby that ran away crying.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Fuck paranoid racist Mart.

Just another crackpot goof Sox Fan John found.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

BT

I'm not sure what or if I said anything to Mart that would warrant an apology from me.  I got along well with Mart until his final year here, when he began telling me I'm some kind of sinner against his god or something for not being pro-life.  I never called him any names, despite believing he'd turned into some kind of whack job crackpot.  If someone's gonna play around on these boards, they need to have thick skin and he was a thin-skinned baby that ran away crying.

I think Mart was solid about a lot of things but his politics got a bit wierd and he sometimes had a fetish for really marginal players (Michael Taylor).   Not sure why the thin skin and disappearing act though.  Being  able to take a punch as well as deliver one  seems to be a necessity around here.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm

I think Mart was solid about a lot of things but his politics got a bit wierd and he sometimes had a fetish for really marginal players (Michael Taylor)

OK, being center right and against Hillary is weird.  And you people wonder I why the KARK resorts to name calling...

And who doesn't have a fetish for marginal players

This is the board that will discuss Brent Lillibridge at length in the middle of January.

Funny thing, Lillibridge turned out better than 99% of the future Quad A Hall of Famers discussed a year ago at this time
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Michael Taylor!!
    Some 29 year old AAA player was going to make a difference!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:I think Mart was solid about a lot of things but his politics got a bit wierd and he sometimes had a fetish for really marginal players (Michael Taylor)

OK, being center right and against Hillary is weird.  And you people wonder I why the KARK resorts to name calling...

Nothing weird about being against Hillary or Obama.  He was a weirdo for reasons completely unrelated to Hillary.  I don't even think he was center right.  He might have been center/left with some really odd beliefs in conspiracy Alex Jones kind of bullshit.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

He is a fucking flake!!
    His political beliefs mean nothing.
    He always thought our beloved Coach was coming to Tucson to physically kick his ass.
    He also was afraid that Muslims were out to get HIM personally.
    Talking up 25 year old Charlotte players showed he was more FANBOY than baseball fan.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:I think Mart was solid about a lot of things but his politics got a bit wierd and he sometimes had a fetish for really marginal players (Michael Taylor)

Nothing weird about being against Hillary or Obama.  He was a weirdo for reasons completely unrelated to Hillary.  I don't even think he was center right.  He might have been center/left with some really odd beliefs in conspiracy Alex Jones kind of bullshit.

I'm center right and I was against Hillary. But I believe Oswald acted alone and that we truly did put a man on the moon. My only fear is that Freddie Prinze, Jr. is coming to get me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:28 pm