Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Jail the evil pot smokers

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Jail the evil pot smokers

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Once Trump and Sessions are done impeaching and jailing Hillary for all of her terrible crimes, I can't wait to see him get to jailing those evil weed smokers that are destroying the country.  Fuck states rights.  This is a national and federal crisis.  Put these weed distributory owners into jail for life.  I'm sure good ol' boy Jeff's decision on this is being driven by these very scary stats:

Number of Americans killed by:
    Guns last year: 35,092
    Opiods last year: 58,200
    Alcohol related reasons last year:  Approx 88,000
    Cannabis:  A stunning ZERO.  

Holy fuck.  Bring an end to this national nightmare now!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Jail the evil pot smokers

Post by alohafri on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:06 pm

I am no proponent of marijuana by any stretch of the imagination, but states' rights is okay when it comes to statues and other memorabilia for traitors, but not for something that is going to help the tax coffers of individual states?  scratch Maybe California, Colorado, etc. should put a Confederate flag on every package of pot sold.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:16 pm

BLAME THE PROGRESSIVES FOR POT BEING MADE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

YET ANOTHER THING FDR COMPLETELY FUCKED UP!!!!!

ADD THE HEMP ACT OF 1937 TO THE LIST OF THINGS THAT NEED TO BE REPEALED YESTERDAY!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    ADD THE HEMP ACT OF 1937 TO THE LIST OF THINGS THAT NEED TO BE REPEALED YESTERDAY!!!

Your hero and his hilljack AG Sessions are busy trying to figure out how to jail these MF'ing potheads.  Gotta get these brown bastards in jail.  What a surprise that the private prison system spends so much money lobbying to keep weed illegal.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:11 pm

YOUR HERO HAD A CHANCE TO CHANGE IT

GUESS HE WAS TOO BUSY GOLFING
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:YOUR HERO HAD A CHANCE TO CHANGE IT

GUESS HE WAS TOO BUSY GOLFING

Hasn't the illiterate moron played more golf in his first year than Obama in all eight?  Obama would have had about 24 congressional in-session days to legalize marijuana, which is the number of days that he had 60 Dems in the senate to overcome a filibuster.  Probably had bigger fish to fry, such as trying to stop a deep recession from becoming a serious depression.  

Talk now is that Congress might seek to legalize it.  I'll be surprised if they can get that kind of support.  Orange dipshit probably vetoes it anyway.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 am

HEY ROB

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO

THE LAW IS THE LAW, SUCKS TO BE YOU?!?!?!?!?

POT HAS BEEN ILLEGAL YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

GET OVER IT

AND RESPECT THE LAW YOU FRATBOY POTHEADD
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 am

Probably had bigger fish to fry, such as trying to stop a deep recession from becoming a serious depression.  

ON A PASS/FAIL SCALE, HE PASSED

BUT ON A LETTER GRADE SCALE ITS PROBABLY A D.  CLEARLY NOWHERE NEAR AN A

2017 HAS PROVEN THAT

NOT EVEN YOU CAN LIE AWAY THE COININKDINK THAT THE MARKETS TOOK OFF THE DAY AFTER TRUMP WON
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:43 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:HEY ROB

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO

THE LAW IS THE LAW, SUCKS TO BE YOU?!?!?!?!?

POT HAS BEEN ILLEGAL YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

GET OVER IT

AND RESPECT THE LAW YOU FRATBOY POTHEADD

So nevermind states' rights, correct?  Whatever the fed laws say are the final word?  The laws will have no effect on me.  I haven't smoked that shit since I was 19 and haven't any inclination to do it ever again.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Probably had bigger fish to fry, such as trying to stop a deep recession from becoming a serious depression.  

ON A PASS/FAIL SCALE, HE PASSED

BUT ON A LETTER GRADE SCALE ITS PROBABLY A D.  CLEARLY NOWHERE NEAR AN A

2017 HAS PROVEN THAT

NOT EVEN YOU CAN LIE AWAY THE COININKDINK THAT THE MARKETS TOOK OFF THE DAY AFTER TRUMP WON

The markets had steady growth and progress for pretty much the entirety of the Obama years.  The kind of progress we saw then is what's to be expected in a mature economy that's no longer bonkers growing the way a nation like China might still be.  

The Dow grew from 7,949 to 19,827 in Obama's eight years.  We're knocking that?  
    S&P grew at an annualized rate of 12% under Obama over his eight years.  That's behind only Bill Clinton since WW2, unless you count the growth Ford realized during his shortened single term.  The worst performance since WW2?  GWB.  Why?  He cut taxes for the rich.  Why didn't that equate to huge growth?

I'm not even going on a limb and suggesting that Obama put up Hall of Fame kinds of numbers.  His employment numbers and stock market growth are more akin to Konerko or Buehrle or Jermaine Dye kinds of numbers, and he did it for 8 yrs without a blip.  Granted, I believe that the president's effect on these indices is overstated, but we can't deny what the numbers are or were.  

So now the market performed in what can be called a Hall of Fame manner for ONE SEASON.  Not two, not six, not eight.  We had at least one market year under Obama that was better than 2017.  And a couple that were comparable.  

This reminds me of when people wanted to crown Kerry Woods as the better pitcher than Buehrle after he had a couple decent seasons and an incredible game or two.  How did that all work out in the end?  

Maybe crackpot Donald will keep the markets climbing, but it's unrealistic to believe he will.  Morgan Stanley and a few other top brokerages are moving out of "buy" mode and into "hold" or "Beware" mode.  Morgan Stanley notes that the market has reached euphoria stage and can't really go much higher unless there is unexpectedly high growth.  The growth over the past year is based upon both the expectation of tax cuts and the expectation of 3.5% growth.  If growth doesn't occur at the projected expectations, the built-in gains will turn into a fall-off.  If you see a 2.8% growth (which is reasonable and/or decent growth for a mature economy such as ours), indices will drop.  Markets shouldn't drop for numbers like that, but they grew based on higher expectations.

Ok, so in relative baseball context while looking at financial markets, Trump had a rookie season where he hit .325 and knocked 45 HRs.  Maybe he'll keep it up.  Maybe he won't.  But I can look at guys like Clinton and Obama and see that they put up strong careers, rather than a great rookie season.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:25 am

learn how to read!!!!!

the point I am raising has nothing to do with states rights

it has everything to do with your hypocriscy and double standard

A Christian Baker has his business destroyed and you are Mr Law and Order

some pot peddlers does some time for breaking the law and you change into Mr Human Rights

DO YOU SEE THE BLATANT INCONSISTANCY IN YOUR LOGIC?!?!?!?

PS, the KARK is all for the repeal of the 1937 Hemp Act that was signed into law by one of the most progressive presidents ever

In fact, its one of my six agenda points to help Joe 6pack if I can ever run for a Federal Office.  DICK Durbin better pray the KARK don't hit the Powerball in the next 2 years.  Because I'll Trump his ass out of the Senate.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:29 am

The Dow grew from 7,949 to 19,827 in Obama's eight years.

THE LAST 2000 WERE AFTER THE ELECTION

SO SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

OBVIOUS TO ANYBODY WITH A BRAIN THAT THE POLICIES OF OBAMA STUNTED THE GROWTH OF THE ECONOMY.

PS, STUNTED DOESN'T MEAN HALTED.  YOU CAN HAVE STUNTED GROWTH AND STILL GROW.

AGAIN, LEARN HOW TO READ
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:31 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:A Christian Baker has his business destroyed and you are Mr Law and Order

You be wrong.  I want the Christian baker to be able to bake for whomever they fucking want.  I hate laws that force compliance like this.  It's the law, however.  And in the Christian baker's case, it was a state law.  

I've only said it here about a thousand times, but I'll say it again....I think it's a violation of my rights or your rights to force you to serve or associate with anyone.  If I want to have a private business that doesn't bake cakes for gays, or Christians, or atheists, I should be able to do that.  Maybe SCOTUS will rule that bakeries can shun the gays and not bake for them.  That would be fine, as long as we can all associate similarly, according to our own spirituality or religion.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:35 am

This reminds me of when people wanted to crown Kerry Woods as the better pitcher than Buehrle after he had a couple decent seasons and an incredible game or two.  How did that all work out in the end?  

AND IT WAS THE KARK THAT WAS THE FIRST TO POINT THIS ONE OUT!!!!!!!

IT WAS THE KARK THAT MADE THE CALL TO THAT ASSHOLE BERNSTEIN AND TOLD HIM WOOD COULDN'T KERRY BUEHRLE'S JOCK!!!

THAT CALL WAS MADE THE YEAR AFTER THE 2003 PLAYOFFS!!!  WEEK LATER, BUEHRLE 1 HITS THE TRIBE!!!!!

BUT BY THEN, THE KARK ALREADY DISCOVERED RUSH LIMBAUGH AND RARELY EVER LISTENED TO THE SCORE SINCE.  BERNSTEIN BEING A KNOW IT ALL, FAG LOVING ASSHOLE HAD A LOT TO DO WITH IT.  IF THE CLOWN DIDN'T HAVE A VOICE FOR READY, HE'D BE PEDDLING MORTGAGES SOMEWHERE

SO THANK YOU FOR YET AGAIN POINTING OUT HOW MY OPIONIONS TEND TO BE AHEAD OF THE TIMES
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:A Christian Baker has his business destroyed and you are Mr Law and Order

You be wrong.  I want the Christian baker to be able to bake for whomever they fucking want.  I hate laws that force compliance like this.  It's the law, however.  And in the Christian baker's case, it was a state law.  

I've only said it here about a thousand times, but I'll say it again....I think it's a violation of my rights or your rights to force you to serve or associate with anyone.  If I want to have a private business that doesn't bake cakes for gays, or Christians, or atheists, I should be able to do that.  Maybe SCOTUS will rule that bakeries can shun the gays and not bake for them.  That would be fine, as long as we can all associate similarly, according to our own spirituality or religion.

SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID

THE LAW IS THE LAW, SUCKS TO BE YOU

SO FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU DOUBLE TALK
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:The Dow grew from 7,949 to 19,827 in Obama's eight years.

SO SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

Oh, so that's all that matters?  We don't look at inauguration day anymore.  Ok, fine.  Dow grew from 7949 to 18,400 under Obama.  Still very good.    
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:42 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID

THE LAW IS THE LAW, SUCKS TO BE YOU

SO FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU DOUBLE TALK

Yes, the law is the law and unless you can beat it in the courts, then so be it.  Either follow the law, or be willing and prepared for the consequences if you don't.  

If I owned a bakery, I'd bake a Trump cake for a group of dipshits that want to celebrate the presidency of an illiterate idiot.  Should I have a right to reject them?  Yes!  Would I?  No.  I am not willing or prepared to deal with the consequences of making that decision.  Would I bake a cake for the "jail the gays" committee meeting?  Yes.  I would.  I might also tell them they are scum while they are making the order and/or paying for the cake.  But if the law says I have to bake the cake, I'd probably do it rather than pay the fine.  

All that said, it would be great to see laws that compel unwanted association be brought to an end.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Is nutjob Marty still in his bunker?

Hopefully he gets to Olive Garden with SFOD during Spring Training.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:The Dow grew from 7,949 to 19,827 in Obama's eight years.

SO SPARE ME THE BULLSHIT

Oh, so that's all that matters?  We don't look at inauguration day anymore.  Ok, fine.  Dow grew from 7949 to 18,400 under Obama.  Still very good.    

WRONG AGAIN

IT TOOK 6 YEARS TO GET BACK TO WHERE THE DOW WAS IN OCTOBER 2007.

2/3 OF THE TIME WAS UNDER OBAMA'S 1ST TERM

6 YEARS TO RECOVERS SUCKS OUT LOUD

OBAMA'S SECOND TERM IS BASICALLY GOING FROM 14 TO 18.  SO ABOUT 20-25% OVER 4 YEARS.  AGAIN, THAT SUCKS.

AT THE HISTORIC RATE OF 10%, THE DOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2000 POINTS HIGHER ON 11/08/2016, THE DAY THAT SAVED AMERICA.

SO SPARE ME YOUR BULLSHIT MATH.  AFTER ALL, YOU ARE THE ONE CLAIMING THE DEFICIT WAS REDUCED UNDER OBAMA AND DENY $2 GAS
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 pm

HEY ROB

EVERYBODY HERE SAW THE MARKET GO FROM 18 TO 25 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ELECTION!!!!

YOU AIN'T FOOLING ANYBODY!!!!

THE ONLY THING OBAMA HAS TO DO WITH IT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE TICKLED PINK THAT OBAMA AND HILLARY WILL NEVER BE IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING EVER AGAIN
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

IT TOOK 6 YEARS TO GET BACK TO WHERE THE DOW WAS IN OCTOBER 2007.

2/3 OF THE TIME WAS UNDER OBAMA'S 1ST TERM

6 YEARS TO RECOVERS SUCKS OUT LOUD

What is the proper amount of time to recover from the worst recession in history?  How long did it take to recover from the Great Depression?  Is there a chart you looked at to determine that six years is too long?  If it's the worst recession in history, and almost became a Depression, then who gets to determine whether it should have been faster.  I only know that when Obama's 8 yrs were over, we were considered to be a full employment and my 401k was about 2x to 2.5x where it was when he took office.  Now, I'm not one to pin that kind of stuff as evidence of a great presidency, but I'll take that.  Let's face it...you're going to spin anything that happened under Obama as terrible.  That's the Fox News constant spin.  There's no middle ground with you and your ilk.  Obama bad.  Trump good.  Realistically, some good, bad and mundane things happened under Obama.  Some of those things may have been due to him.  Same will eventually be the case with the current illiterate idiot in office.

OBAMA'S SECOND TERM IS BASICALLY GOING FROM 14 TO 18.  SO ABOUT 20-25% OVER 4 YEARS.  AGAIN, THAT SUCKS.

S&P annualized growth was 12% over eight years.  That seems pretty good to me.  

AT THE HISTORIC RATE OF 10%, THE DOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2000 POINTS HIGHER ON 11/08/2016, THE DAY THAT SAVED AMERICA.

Hmmm.  10%.  Where'd you get that number?  Might wanna check that.  Go back 100 yrs and take the Dow that day and then extrapolate that out 100 yrs at 10% annual growth and see if we're at that number.  LOL.  
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:HEY ROB

EVERYBODY HERE SAW THE MARKET GO FROM 18 TO 25 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ELECTION!!!!

YOU AIN'T FOOLING ANYBODY!!!!

THE ONLY THING OBAMA HAS TO DO WITH IT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE TICKLED PINK THAT OBAMA AND HILLARY WILL NEVER BE IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING EVER AGAIN

Yes.  We saw it.  Will it continue?  That growth is the pricing-in of the expectation of growth due to tax cuts.  If that growth isn't there, just as expected, that run-up will quickly be a run-down.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

SO SPARE ME YOUR BULLSHIT MATH.  AFTER ALL, YOU ARE THE ONE CLAIMING THE DEFICIT WAS REDUCED UNDER OBAMA AND DENY $2 GAS

I would enjoy seeing your thoughts on the actual Dow average annual growth over the last 100 years.  I assume you're a very stable genius, just like our moronic president.  You ought to be able to plug in the Dow from 100 yrs ago and then figure out what kind of annual growth over a 100 yrs it will take to get us to Dow 25,300.  I'll give you a hint....it's WAY fucking less than 10% a year.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

I would enjoy seeing your thoughts on the actual Dow average annual growth over the last 100 years.  I assume you're a very stable genius, just like our moronic president.  You ought to be able to plug in the Dow from 100 yrs ago and then figure out what kind of annual growth over a 100 yrs it will take to get us to Dow 25,300.  I'll give you a hint....it's WAY fucking less than 10% a year.

10% IS QUOTED ALL THE TIME.  I'M SURE YOU'VE HEARD IT YOURSELF.  SO STOP ACTING LIKE I MADE IT UP

BUT TO YOUR POINT, I NEVER DOUBLE CHECKED THE CALCULATION

SO MAYBE THEY ARE USING THE FUCKED UP MATH YOU USED TO CLAIM THE DEFICIT IS BEING REDUCED AT A HISTORIC RATE.

STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO ADMIT THAT OBVIOUS LIE.

SERIOUSLY, ITS AS OBVIOUS AS $2 GAS
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:53 pm

OK, I ADMIT IT, ROBZ GOT ME ON SOMETHING.

THE DOW JONES FIRST IT 100 IN JANUARY 1906

10% ANNUAL GROWTH ON $100 FROM 1906 TO TODAY WOULD BE OVER $4MILLION TODAY.

SO THE DOW MUST BE USING SOME OTHER WAY TO CALCULATED AVERAGE RETURN

THE DOW HIT 1000 IN 1972.  DID A GOOGLE SEARCH AND IT SAID THE AVERAGE RETURN SINCE THE EARLY 70'S IS 11.7%.

BUT THAT GIVE ME DOW 162,000.  NOT 25,000.

SO OBVIOUSLY, THE CALCULATION IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN JUST TACKING ON 10% AT THE END OF EVERY YEAR.

DAVID RAMSEY, A POPULAR FINANCE RADIO GURU SAYS THE HISTORIC RETURN FOR THE S&P IS 12%

SO AGAIN, EVEN WHEN ROB TELLS THE TRUTH, HE LIES IN SOME WAY.  LIKE GIVING THE IMPRESSION THE KARK JUST MADE UP THIS 10% FIGURE.

CLEARLY 10% OR SOMETHING DAMN CLOSE TO IT IS THROWN AROUND ALL THE TIME.

TO ANSWER ROBS QUESTION.  TO GO FROM 100 IN 1906 TO 25000+ TODAY YOU WOULD NEED A RETURN OF SLIGHTLY OVER 5% PER YEAR.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:20 pm