Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Let's Get to a Meeting!!

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Let's Get to a Meeting!!

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:07 am

Hopefully Murph makes his WHITE SOX PRIDE speech again at the January meeting!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Let's Get to a Meeting!!

Post by rmapasad on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Hopefully Murph makes his WHITE SOX PRIDE speech again at the January meeting!!

Considering what the Sox have done lately this has to be a pretty short speech.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:27 pm

BELIEVE!!!!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 am

He gave his impassioned oration to the Fanboys when the Sox traded Q.

The message that WinNow-Reload was OVER was finally penetrating his thick skull.

Looks like Hahn had a PLAN after all.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

Looking at the org as a whole, I see a lineup that will soon have 1st rounders and blue chippers at every position and a pitching staff loaded with golden arms.

Quite a few experts are thinking 2019 will be the start of the White Sox reign of terror on the Major Leagues.

Time to lock up Avisail long term now.  His success wasn't lucky groundballs or some bullshit stat only nerds believe in.  Anybody watching the actual game can see that Garcia emerged as one of the smartest players in the game.  A true student in the art of baseball.  I'd want that leading my team
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Time to lock up Avisail long term now.  His success wasn't lucky groundballs or some bullshit stat only nerds believe in.  Anybody watching the actual game can see that Garcia emerged as one of the smartest players in the game.  A true student in the art of baseball.  I'd want that leading my team

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Remarkable how he turned into one of the dumbest players in the game to one of the smartest in just one year. Smart money makes him prove he can hit .280+ again and swat more than 20 HR's.
    If he can't accomplish those two things in 2018, then the Sox look forward to the Jiminez era in RF in 2019 and beyond.
    If the Sox extend him before ST, then the same old rose-colored glasses mentality of estimating Sox players prevails again in the front office.

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Trade the young talent for some washed up vets!!

Bring back Gordon Beckham for his breakout season.

WIN NOW-RELOAD!!

Talk it up in some dump diner in Des Plaines!
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:19 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Time to lock up Avisail long term now.  His success wasn't lucky groundballs or some bullshit stat only nerds believe in.  Anybody watching the actual game can see that Garcia emerged as one of the smartest players in the game.  A true student in the art of baseball.  I'd want that leading my team

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Remarkable how he turned into one of the dumbest players in the game to one of the smartest in just one year. Smart money makes him prove he can hit .280+ again and swat more than 20 HR's.
    If he can't accomplish those two things in 2018, then the Sox look forward to the Jiminez era in RF in 2019 and beyond.
    If the Sox extend him before ST, then the same old rose-colored glasses mentality of estimating Sox players prevails again in the front office.

Actually, it is quite amazing

And Jiminez is targeted for LF.  where I expect him to be playing in the bigs by this July

Avisail Garcia is hitting 320 in 2018

You're in love with the wrong Garcia
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Remarkable how he turned into one of the dumbest players in the game to one of the smartest in just one year.

Remarkable how you never acknowledge that Garcia had an even higher OPS in the 2nd half despite you assuring the board it would be around 780 once all the lucky ground balls disappearred.

BTW, the real idiot was Robing Ventura for trying to force such a talent into the DH role.

Hopefully Avisail Garcia will continue to bust his ass over the winter and not get fat and lazy.  
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Remarkable how you never acknowledge that Garcia had an even higher OPS in the 2nd half despite you assuring the board it would be around 780 once all the lucky ground balls disappearred.

BTW, the real idiot was Robing Ventura for trying to force such a talent into the DH role.

Hopefully Avisail Garcia will continue to bust his ass over the winter and not get fat and lazy.  

Hopefully Garcia won't be the next Carlos Quintan who has one great year then gets injured, starts sucking again, etc.  Why it's wise not to commit big $$$ to guys who suddenly spring out of nowhere to have an unexpected good year. 
    I don't blame Ventura for lineup decisions on Garcia.  Sox were playing win-now in '16 not trying to develop young players. After Garcia's hack job in RF and Eaton's CF defense deteriorated in 2015 it made some sense to move Eaton to RF and Garcia to DH.  With the pressure off in 2017, Sox could risk playing Garcia in the field again.  His defense did improve but he's still subpar at running down flyballs.
    Yes, Garcia kept up his incredible rate of groundball hits in the 2nd half, and maybe he has discovered some rare magic for finding holes in the defense that very few others in the history of baseball have.  But I would like to see at least one more season of it before I believe it is his new reality . 

HAPPY NEW YEAR  !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 am