Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Tax cuts for the rich

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: Tax cuts for the rich

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 am

I never voted for Bill Clinton.  I just didn't like the guy.

Hillary Clinton needs to just go under the radar.

She lost to Obama and lost to Trump.

Doug Jones has already been called a DINO.

Doug Jones represents Alabama, not Manhattan Island, not Los Angeles, not Massachusetts.

Both the Tea Party and the far left Progressives are totally out of touch with the regular Jane and Joe trying to get through the day.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:I never voted for Bill Clinton.  I just didn't like the guy.

Hillary Clinton needs to just go under the radar.

She lost to Obama and lost to Trump.

Doug Jones has already been called a DINO.

Doug Jones represents Alabama, not Manhattan Island, not Los Angeles, not Massachusetts.

Both the Tea Party and the far left Progressives are totally out of touch with the regular Jane and Joe trying to get through the day.

My point exactly!

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:09 pm

YOU GUYS ARE HALF RIGHT

Razz

HERE'S THE REAL PROBLEM.  Government is now in the position where at least half the country expects them to solve all the problems.  Unfortunately they can't.  Attempting to do so just puts the government in the position to pick winners and losers.  And nobody wants to be a loser.  That's why the Tea Party formed.  A bunch of regular Joe's realizing they were going to end up on the losing side of Obama's far left progressive delusions and they fought back.  I was at the rallies in 2009/2010.  A lot of sane everyday Americans.  I have yet to hear a Tea Party belief that is insane.

The far left progressives on the other hand?!?!?  Well they are the ones claiming the worlds problems are all caused by cisgendered males exploiting their caucasian priviledge.  Tell me how you compromise with that idiocy.

PS, the KARK voted for Clinton in 1992

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 pm

BTW, last night, talked to my friend who sells insurance.  You people should hear the nightmares he tells about Obamacare.  He gave me an example of a guy who pays $1200 a month for himself and his teenage daughter

$15K a year!!!!!!!!!!

Prior to Obama, same policy is $5K

People like that who are relatively healthy would be so much better not having insurance and just paying their doctors straight out of pocket.

that ain't Limbaugh or Hannity talking either.  That is my observation, because unlike many of you, I exactly see how much employers actually pay the insurance companies.  and it ain't pretty.  I know quite a few executives that would love to just tell their employees

HERE AN EXTRA THOUSAND A MONTH, GET YOUR OWN INSURANCE.

Of course, if they actually did that, 1/2 the employees would just pocket the money and risk they don't get sick.  then what?!?!?!

Contrary to the lies on this board, I have been studying this issue for 15 years and I am quite informed.  This notion that single payer works in Europe is childish, overly simplistic, and not applicable to the USA situation.

so here is the choice as I see it in my expert opinion.

1)  Go back to a free market system, a system that hasn't been in place since 1942.  Meaning people buy their own insurance, not just take whatever their employer offers

or

2) a true federal healthcare system where all the healthcare professionals are federal employees, all health insurance companies are eliminated, and everybody pays a federal healthcare tax

the advantages of #2 is that everybody gets the same treatment.  costs should come down due to economy of scales and the removal of the profit motive.

PS, Betcha half the Bernie lovin looney tunes don't even comprehend the points raised in #2
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Contrary to the lies on this board, I have been studying this issue for 15 years and I am quite informed.

wow.  Step back everyone.  Mr. Self proclaimed genius has been studying this for 15 yrs.  LOL.  And he's "quite informed"!

This notion that single payer works in Europe is childish, overly simplistic, and not applicable to the USA situation.

Yeah, the folks in Europe pretty much think the same thing about what we're doing.  You can find 35-40% of the US population, bare minimum, that would jump at the chance to have a single payer system.  And that percentage is growing.  Good luck finding 5-10% of the European population that would be interested in jumping over to our healthcare insurance system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 am