Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Tax cuts for the rich

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Tax cuts for the rich

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 am

https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2017/12/20/30417609-paid-0-income-taxes-got-896-billion-back-n2424825

so 1/3 of tax fliers do not have to pay?!?!?!?!?

What a freakin waste of time

That folks, is the hidden cost of our F'd up income tax system.

Just to comply, Americans not only have to spend a few hundred billion dollars on accountants and attorneys, but several hundred billion hours in filling out forms with mind numbing instructions.  The KARK stopped doing taxes professionally in 2003.  Precisely for the reason that politcial payoffs have replaced logic to the tax code.  Is it any wonder why our brilliant Founders made an income tax unconstitutional?

A sane Nation would demand the repeal of the 16th amendment.  Instead, our screwed up government is now investigating Jill Stein in this never ending Russia nonsense regarding the 2016 election.  Get over it people!!!!  Hillary lost because she is a horrible evil person who belongs in jail and is destined to burn in hell.  The majority of American citizens saw that and that is why she lost.

Anyway, back to taxes.  Can anybody explain how the Democrats can claim the about to be signed tax bill is bad for America?  I thought we had to pass the bill to see what in it.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Tax cuts for the rich

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2017/12/20/30417609-paid-0-income-taxes-got-896-billion-back-n2424825

so 1/3 of tax fliers do not have to pay?!?!?!?!?

What a freakin waste of time

That folks, is the hidden cost of our F'd up income tax system.

Just to comply, Americans not only have to spend a few hundred billion dollars on accountants and attorneys, but several hundred billion hours in filling out forms with mind numbing instructions.  The KARK stopped doing taxes professionally in 2003.  Precisely for the reason that politcial payoffs have replaced logic to the tax code.  Is it any wonder why our brilliant Founders made an income tax unconstitutional?

A sane Nation would demand the repeal of the 16th amendment.  Instead, our screwed up government is now investigating Jill Stein in this never ending Russia nonsense regarding the 2016 election.  Get over it people!!!!  Hillary lost because she is a horrible evil person who belongs in jail and is destined to burn in hell.  The majority of American citizens saw that and that is why she lost.

Anyway, back to taxes.  Can anybody explain how the Democrats can claim the about to be signed tax bill is bad for America?  I thought we had to pass the bill to see what in it.

#1. Our Founding Fathers did not make the income tax unconstitutional. They just didn't include it in the Constitution. Big difference.

#2. Why is it so easy to believe that the dead vote, that illegal aliens are voting, and that 20,000 people are being bused across the Alabama state line to illegally vote in an election, but it's impossible to believe that the Russians want to mess up our election?
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 am

The 2016 election is still not only interesting, but uncomplicated.

The Clinton campaign and the elitist media failed to LISTEN to people before the election.

I am still amused that somehow the media still pretends women are voting as some sort of monolithic bloc when REAL NUMBERS are disproving this.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:31 am

Deplorable Mark wrote: Hillary lost because she is a horrible evil person who belongs in jail and is destined to burn in hell.  The majority of American citizens saw that and that is why she lost.

Last time I checked, the majority of American citizens voted for Hillary by somewhere between 2.5 and 3 million votes.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Anyway, back to taxes.  Can anybody explain how the Democrats can claim the about to be signed tax bill is bad for America?  I thought we had to pass the bill to see what in it.

It's a giant transfer of wealth to the rich.  Creates $1.5 trillion in new nat'l debt in order to hand money to people who are already as rich as they've ever been.  Estimates have somewhere between 60-80% of that $1.5 trillion going to the top 1% of earners.  It's a solution in search of a problem.  I'm not necessarily a "raise taxes on the rich" person so much as someone that wants to see macroeconomic policy that creates a larger middle class and working class. 

When you are in a time of low unemployment and steady growth, that seems to me like a time to right the deficit ship, so that when you are in times of recession, you can increase spending and go into deficit if necessary in order to help people to "weather the storm" of recession, so to speak.  The rich have never been richer.  Corporate profits have never been more robust and reliable.  

Cutting taxes for corporations is fine if you're doing it in a way to reform the system.  The 35% rate isn't our actual rate.  The actual rate is the rate that companies are paying after taking their deductions, which was something in the range of 18-19% last year.  That's actually competitive with foreign nations, who have much less in terms of deductions.  Our problem is that giant companies pay next to nothing after using loopholes and deductions, and small companies pay the full rate.  If they had just redone the corporate tax rate to 21% while dumping all/most of the loopholes, we'd have an internationally competitive rate and could have increased tax revenue.  

80% of the benefits of this tax bill will be going to people who won't feel any need to spend or consume those funds into our economy.  I'll see a tax cut of maybe $6k a year.  I'll just toss it into some mutual fund.  My buddy, a partner in a very profitable firm in Arlington Heights, will reap something around a $40k tax cut, already has $12 million in the bank.  He'll just toss that into an account somewhere.  I'm not AGAINST a guy getting to keep more of his money, but this tax cut isn't going to inject the kind of bang for the buck into the economy as it's costing us in terms of deficit and debt.  With only about 10-15% of that $1.5 trillion going to people who live paycheck to paycheck, we'd have been better off taking that $1.5 trillion and just putting an infrastructure bill together to build bridges, roads, high speed rail, etc.

Ultimately, we need to make changes on a larger scale that will cause wages to rise.  Not sure how this will do that.  We can't really cut taxes any further for the lower or middle income levels, since those taxes are so low already.  Why are they so low?  Because anyone in the bottom 1/3 of income is practically living in poverty in this country.  Not sure how you can really tax them, but we can't really cut their rate, either, since they are paying next to nothing.  Wages didn't rise for the middle or working class after about the late 70s or early 80s.  All gains have been for folks in the top 10%, top 1% and top .1%.  How does this bill help to fix that?
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:05 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote: Hillary lost because she is a horrible evil person who belongs in jail and is destined to burn in hell.  The majority of American citizens saw that and that is why she lost.

Last time I checked, the majority of American citizens voted for Hillary by somewhere between 2.5 and 3 million votes.

WRONG!!!!

About 5 million non citizens voted and 99% of them went Hillary.

and most of those non citizens where in California.  So thank God for the Electoral College.  My 401K certainly is
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:Anyway, back to taxes.  Can anybody explain how the Democrats can claim the about to be signed tax bill is bad for America?  I thought we had to pass the bill to see what in it.

It's a giant transfer of wealth to the rich.  Creates $1.5 trillion in new nat'l debt in order to hand money to people who are already as rich as they've ever been.  Estimates have somewhere between 60-80% of that $1.5 trillion going to the top 1% of earners.  It's a solution in search of a problem.  I'm not necessarily a "raise taxes on the rich" person so much as someone that wants to see macroeconomic policy that creates a larger middle class and working class. 

When you are in a time of low unemployment and steady growth, that seems to me like a time to right the deficit ship, so that when you are in times of recession, you can increase spending and go into deficit if necessary in order to help people to "weather the storm" of recession, so to speak.  The rich have never been richer.  Corporate profits have never been more robust and reliable.  

Cutting taxes for corporations is fine if you're doing it in a way to reform the system.  The 35% rate isn't our actual rate.  The actual rate is the rate that companies are paying after taking their deductions, which was something in the range of 18-19% last year.  That's actually competitive with foreign nations, who have much less in terms of deductions.  Our problem is that giant companies pay next to nothing after using loopholes and deductions, and small companies pay the full rate.  If they had just redone the corporate tax rate to 21% while dumping all/most of the loopholes, we'd have an internationally competitive rate and could have increased tax revenue.  

80% of the benefits of this tax bill will be going to people who won't feel any need to spend or consume those funds into our economy.  I'll see a tax cut of maybe $6k a year.  I'll just toss it into some mutual fund.  My buddy, a partner in a very profitable firm in Arlington Heights, will reap something around a $40k tax cut, already has $12 million in the bank.  He'll just toss that into an account somewhere.  I'm not AGAINST a guy getting to keep more of his money, but this tax cut isn't going to inject the kind of bang for the buck into the economy as it's costing us in terms of deficit and debt.  With only about 10-15% of that $1.5 trillion going to people who live paycheck to paycheck, we'd have been better off taking that $1.5 trillion and just putting an infrastructure bill together to build bridges, roads, high speed rail, etc.

Ultimately, we need to make changes on a larger scale that will cause wages to rise.  Not sure how this will do that.  We can't really cut taxes any further for the lower or middle income levels, since those taxes are so low already.  Why are they so low?  Because anyone in the bottom 1/3 of income is practically living in poverty in this country.  Not sure how you can really tax them, but we can't really cut their rate, either, since they are paying next to nothing.  Wages didn't rise for the middle or working class after about the late 70s or early 80s.  All gains have been for folks in the top 10%, top 1% and top .1%.  How does this bill help to fix that?

Thank you Rachel Maddow

Hey aren't you the guy that swore Obamacare was going to reduce healthcare costs.  Not to mention how Obama was reducing the deficit at a historic rate?!?!?!?!

You have zero credibility on this issue
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am

Hillary Clinton was and still is despised by all kinds of people, including Democrats.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am

#2. Why is it so easy to believe that the dead vote, that illegal aliens are voting, and that 20,000 people are being bused across the Alabama state line to illegally vote in an election, but it's impossible to believe that the Russians want to mess up our election?

Once again, you completely miss my point.

first of all, there is zero evidence the russians tampered with any votes.  so the only thing they could have done was propoganda.  I know your buudy RobZ thinks Hillary is the new Mother Theresa, but the majority of US citizens that voted knew she was crooked and didn't need Putin to tell them that

second of all, you don't need to be a CPA with a 135 IQ to see this is nothing but a damn witch hunt.  Unlimited funds and unlimited manpower with unlimited jurisdication and an unlimited timetable to search for something, anything, that might resemble a crime.  and the funny thing is, if anybody colluded with the Russians it was the Clintons!!!!

Third of all, is that the Nation you want?  An establishment class telling us normal people what to do because they are so much smarter than the rest of us with the sore loser party doing everything they can to screw over the winner.  Well excuse me if I choose country over party while have the audacity to think my brain matches the size of those who apparently have more connections than smarts
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:18 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Hillary Clinton was and still is despised by all kinds of people, including Democrats.

ROBERT

PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEED TO RUN FOR OFFICE!!!!!

I'D TRUST YOU MORE THAN ANY RINO IN DC!!!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

WRONG!!!!

About 5 million non citizens voted and 99% of them went Hillary.

and most of those non citizens where in California.  So thank God for the Electoral College.  My 401K certainly is

Yeah, ok.  5 million non citizens.  LOL.  That's credible, I'm sure.  Right from the mouth of Alex Jones and his crackpot friends.  I'm sure 5 million non-citizens risked jail time and a felony charge so that they could push the California vote majority even higher.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:23 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

Thank you Rachel Maddow

Hey aren't you the guy that swore Obamacare was going to reduce healthcare costs.  Not to mention how Obama was reducing the deficit at a historic rate?!?!?!?!

I made very few claims about what ACA was going to do, including claiming that it would lower costs.  That said, most of the studies have said it actually DID lower costs, or it at least stabilized costs so that they were no longer rising at 10% annual growth.  

My one claim about ACA, and I hold to this claim, is that it was something that needed to be done to take healthcare in a new direction and cover more people.  It isn't perfect.  It was never perfect.  It needs to be reformed, changed, etc.  Maybe someday it'll be improved or replaced by something better.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:29 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:first of all, there is zero evidence the russians tampered with any votes.  so the only thing they could have done was propoganda.  I know your buudy RobZ thinks Hillary is the new Mother Theresa, but the majority of US citizens that voted knew she was crooked and didn't need Putin to tell them that

I believe that the way I described my feelings about Hillary were that to me she was low quality vanilla ice milk in the overall spectrum of frozen treats.  However, her opponent in the general election was dogshit flavored ice cream, made from actual bits of dog shit and loose hairs from around the dog's rectum.  

second of all, you don't need to be a CPA with a 135 IQ to see this is nothing but a damn witch hunt.  Unlimited funds and unlimited manpower with unlimited jurisdication and an unlimited timetable to search for something, anything, that might resemble a crime.  and the funny thing is, if anybody colluded with the Russians it was the Clintons!!!!

It was ok to have a deep dive investigation into Bill Clinton's affair with Monica, but making sure there was no coordinating electoral sabotage with Russia is a witch hunt?  I'm with Cream in that I think no harm will come to Donald Dumb Ass when this is done, but it's a reasonable thing to look into.  Donald and team are clearly hiding something.  They're caught lying and covering shit up about this every day or every week.  If he hadn't fired Comey and essentially come out and said he did it to throw him off of his tail, none of this would have happened.  Orange moron is his own worst enemy.

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:39 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:#2. Why is it so easy to believe that the dead vote, that illegal aliens are voting, and that 20,000 people are being bused across the Alabama state line to illegally vote in an election, but it's impossible to believe that the Russians want to mess up our election?

first of all, there is zero evidence the russians tampered with any votes.  so the only thing they could have done was propoganda.  I know your buudy RobZ thinks Hillary is the new Mother Theresa, but the majority of US citizens that voted knew she was crooked and didn't need Putin to tell them that

Will you and the alt-right get over Hillary? She lost the election! You and your cheerleader commentator friends seem to believe that she won and that she needs to be impeached and removed from office. This has nothing to do with Hillary.

And propaganda goes a long way in influencing an election. "Obama is going to take away your guns! He is going to eliminate the second amendment!" There is no truth in that statement, but it was being sold all across the country.

There is also zero evidence of enough illegal aliens and dead Americans voting in order to have given Hillary the electoral college. So if you want to keep investigating that, then the investigation into Russia must remain open as well. Any attempts to wrongly sway our elections are a danger to our democracy.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:

Not to mention how Obama was reducing the deficit at a historic rate?!?!?!?!

Yeah, no credibility.  I'm sure everyone here sees you as some kind of expert and example of honesty.  Sure thing.

Bush final fiscal year of his 8 yrs, annual deficit of 9.8% of GDP.

The next 8 years for Obama, annual deficit as percentage of GDP

Obama Budget years 1 through 8
    Deficit Yr 1: 8.7% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 2: 8.5% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 3: 6.8% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 4: 4.1% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 5: 2.8% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 6: 2.4% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 7: 3.2% of GDP
    Deficit Yr 8: 3.1% of GDP

These figures are taken from WhiteHouse.gov, which Trump had taken offline for several months.  

How much you wanna bet this begins trending back upward, forcing cuts in spending on Medicare and Social Security?

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am

alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:#2. Why is it so easy to believe that the dead vote, that illegal aliens are voting, and that 20,000 people are being bused across the Alabama state line to illegally vote in an election, but it's impossible to believe that the Russians want to mess up our election?

Will you and the alt-right get over Hillary? She lost the election! You and your cheerleader commentator friends seem to believe that she won and that she needs to be impeached and removed from office. This has nothing to do with Hillary.

And propaganda goes a long way in influencing an election. "Obama is going to take away your guns! He is going to eliminate the second amendment!" There is no truth in that statement, but it was being sold all across the country.

There is also zero evidence of enough illegal aliens and dead Americans voting in order to have given Hillary the electoral college. So if you want to keep investigating that, then the investigation into Russia must remain open as well. Any attempts to wrongly sway our elections are a danger to our democracy.

Stop sounding rational, Kevin.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 am

Dontcha know those fact checkers are a buncha dirty Lib-ruls?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:first of all, there is zero evidence the russians tampered with any votes.  so the only thing they could have done was propoganda.  I know your buudy RobZ thinks Hillary is the new Mother Theresa, but the majority of US citizens that voted knew she was crooked and didn't need Putin to tell them that

I believe that the way I described my feelings about Hillary were that to me she was low quality vanilla ice milk in the overall spectrum of frozen treats.  However, her opponent in the general election was dogshit flavored ice cream, made from actual bits of dog shit and loose hairs from around the dog's rectum.  

It was ok to have a deep dive investigation into Bill Clinton's affair with Monica, but making sure there was no coordinating electoral sabotage with Russia is a witch hunt?  I'm with Cream in that I think no harm will come to Donald Dumb Ass when this is done, but it's a reasonable thing to look into.  Donald and team are clearly hiding something.  They're caught lying and covering shit up about this every day or every week.  If he hadn't fired Comey and essentially come out and said he did it to throw him off of his tail, none of this would have happened.  Orange moron is his own worst enemy.

Kark and the alt-right crowd believe if you don't like Trump, you must like Hillary. There is absolutely no in between. Those "never Trumpers" from the Republican party, those guys who are stepping down or deciding not to run again, are all secretly hoping that Hillary Clinton will be appointed to take their place. 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

alohafri wrote:

Kark and the alt-right crowd believe if you don't like Trump, you must like Hillary. There is absolutely no in between. Those "never Trumpers" from the Republican party, those guys who are stepping down or deciding not to run again, are all secretly hoping that Hillary Clinton will be appointed to take their place. 

I actually did like Hillary.  She didn't come across as a great candidate.  She ran a horrible campaign and didn't really know how to message.  Her platform was in line with about 75% of the US, but she couldn't figure out how to explain it without sounding bogged down in the weeds.  She let hubris get in the way of doing the right amount of campaigning in some of the expected blue states that turned out red.  Shame on her and her campaign for that.  Regardless, if she had won, it would be a fucking neverending slew of further inquiries into her emails, into Benghazi, into her husband, into Whitewater, and into some unpaid parking tickets that she has from college.  The news 24/7 would be Hillarywatch.  Will she be impeached for her email server?  For Benghazi?  Granted, the nation would be in ten times smarter hands in terms of international policy, but it would have been a nightmare.  Looking back at that email "scandal", it's a papercut in comparison to the 999 things Trump does and says on an almost daily basis.  Abnormal is now normal.  We all just accept it because we have WTF fatigue.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I actually did like Hillary.  She didn't come across as a great candidate.  She ran a horrible campaign and didn't really know how to message.  Her platform was in line with about 75% of the US, but she couldn't figure out how to explain it without sounding bogged down in the weeds.  She let hubris get in the way of doing the right amount of campaigning in some of the expected blue states that turned out red.  Shame on her and her campaign for that.  Regardless, if she had won, it would be a fucking neverending slew of further inquiries into her emails, into Benghazi, into her husband, into Whitewater, and into some unpaid parking tickets that she has from college.  The news 24/7 would be Hillarywatch.  Will she be impeached for her email server?  For Benghazi?  Granted, the nation would be in ten times smarter hands in terms of international policy, but it would have been a nightmare.  Looking back at that email "scandal", it's a papercut in comparison to the 999 things Trump does and says on an almost daily basis.  Abnormal is now normal.  We all just accept it because we have WTF fatigue.

I couldn't stand Hillary. And I know that she misused her email as I know that government business isn't to be discussed on private email, let alone a private server. But, naturally, people in the Trump administration are doing it or had done it. Their argument is "well, Hillary did it." 

And if you watch one network (or two if you count their "business" network), it is 24/7 Hillarywatch. The nightly talk shows lead with the "latest in the Hillary Clinton investigation" which is usually followed by "the illegal Trump/Russia investigation."
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 pm

alohafri wrote:

And if you watch one network (or two if you count their "business" network), it is 24/7 Hillarywatch. The nightly talk shows lead with the "latest in the Hillary Clinton investigation" which is usually followed by "the illegal Trump/Russia investigation."

Which is funny, since there really is no Hillary Clinton investigation ongoing.  Seem to remember genius Kark thinking maybe Trump would pardon her (from what, I don't know) and even Roger getting in on the conversation that maybe Trump and Sessions would pardon Hillary from whatever kind of fairy tail high crime she'd committed.  Christ almighty, people need to move on.  The Republican who happened to be the head of the FBI claimed she'd not committed a crime and that there'd be no indictment.  End of story.  And yet, the dumb watchers of that ridiculous propaganda tv station believe all that crap they're being fed.  I wonder if Fox will ever run out of dumb people to watch and believe everything as the baby boomers begin dying off.  I can't imagine they have a strong viewership in middle aged or millennial aged viewers.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Which is funny, since there really is no Hillary Clinton investigation ongoing.  Seem to remember genius Kark thinking maybe Trump would pardon her (from what, I don't know) and even Roger getting in on the conversation that maybe Trump and Sessions would pardon Hillary from whatever kind of fairy tail high crime she'd committed.  Christ almighty, people need to move on.  The Republican who happened to be the head of the FBI claimed she'd not committed a crime and that there'd be no indictment.  End of story.  And yet, the dumb watchers of that ridiculous propaganda tv station believe all that crap they're being fed.  I wonder if Fox will ever run out of dumb people to watch and believe everything as the baby boomers begin dying off.  I can't imagine they have a strong viewership in middle aged or millennial aged viewers.

Two words...Judicial Watch. This "non-partisan" organization has dedicated itself to putting Hillary Clinton in jail. I'm sure that people like Hannity and Carlson are taking what they say as the gospel truth.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Two words...Judicial Watch. This "non-partisan" organization has dedicated itself to putting Hillary Clinton in jail. I'm sure that people like Hannity and Carlson are taking what they say as the gospel truth.

I fail to understand what satisfaction anyone will get if she's jailed for whatever silly, fake reason.  How will anyone's lives be made better by this?  Unless she can be shown to have committed something truly dastardly or found to be a threat to society, I can't imagine how or why anyone feels a need to jail her.  Nobody is even sure what she did that's illegal.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:

by the way, it's not just Dems that think it's bad.  I've seen an endless slew of conservatives badmouthing this bill on a variety of channels.  Print media.  Economists.  Pretty much everyone except for the GOP congress thinks it's pretty bad.  Economists look to me like they are almost uniformly against it.  Ask them why they think it's bad.  Public support for it is almost 2 to 1 against it.  I guess the midterm elections will tell us how popular it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 pm