Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Who's pitching?

Who's pitching?

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

14 pitchers on the 40 man roster, one of which certain to start the year on the DL.

Historically, the White Sox usually enter spring training with about 20 pitchers on the 40 man with another dozen invitees.  I must point out, many of the top pitching prospects like Kopech will be invitees.

It will be interesting to see who the White Sox acquire in the next 60 days.

Given the extreme lack of pitching depth, the White Sox will need to sign somebody.  Although i suspect those somebodies will be closer to Mike Pelfrey than Yu Darvish.  Otherwise, OUR White Sox will have no choice but to rush goes like Kopech and Dunning and Hansen to the MLB roster.  This might actually be preferable than enduring another Dylan Covey or James Shields start.  However, I would think Hahn would like to keep the Kopechs of the world on the farm until after the All-Star Break due to service time considerations.

BTW, RA Dickey is listed as an unsigned free agent.  signing him would make all the sense in the world.  Maybe he can teach the knuckle to Dylan "worthless" Covey

Re: Who's pitching?

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:40 pm

According to James Fegan of The Athletic, there are few free agent starting pitchers that could make sense for the Sox entering 2018. Fegan lists starting pitchers Brett AndersonMiguel GonzalezTrevor CahillHector SantiagoJake Peavy and even Lance Lynn as potential fits for the Sox next season.

WHAT?!?!?!?! NO RA DICKEY!!!!!!

BTW, THE KARK would rather bring back Mark Buehrle b4 Jake Peavy

When does Chris Sale hit the free agent market?!?!?!

What a homecoming that would be

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:36 pm