Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Giants and Jays showing interest in Avisail

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Giants and Jays showing interest in Avisail

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:46 am

The KARK loves big lefty hitters to play 1B and the Giants have one in Chris Shaw.  Currently #2 in the giants system.  Two big concerns.  He's extremely slow.  Might not provide the OBP.  The KARK's dream 1B is a 300/400/500 hitter, or something close to that.  Meaning he needs to push 100 walks.  50/50 on whether or not can be one of the league's better walkers

Not sure what else the Giants have to offer.

The Blue Jays might be the better fit since they seem to have quite a few blue chip hitters.  Their top 3 prospects are Vlad Guerrero Jr 3B; Bo Bichette SS/2B; Anthony Alford CF

I'm sure most know about Vlad Guerrero.  My guess is that the Blue Jays would be extremely hesitant to include.  He will only be 19 in 2018.  Could be up in the 2nd half of 2019.  2020 is more likely

Anthony Alford looks like a Lorenzo Cain junior.  Potential gold glover, leadoff man in CF.  Alford is 23 and has already made his MLB debut

Bo Bichette would be the KARK's target.  Looks like a pure hitter, top of the order type.  He is a year older than Vlad Guerrero, but probably has the same ETA time table.  Might need to move to the OF to play everyday.

the KARK would do Alford and Bichette with a Rowdy Tellez (1B) thrown in for Avisail Garcia.

If one looks at the White Sox org as a whole, you will see a lack of lefty power and a top of the order types.  If Garcia and Abreau are destined to be traded, I would hope Hahn would use such a trade to address these weaknesses
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Giants and Jays showing interest in Avisail

Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:The KARK loves big lefty hitters to play 1B and the Giants have one in Chris Shaw.  Currently #2 in the giants system.  Two big concerns.  He's extremely slow.  Might not provide the OBP.  The KARK's dream 1B is a 300/400/500 hitter, or something close to that.  Meaning he needs to push 100 walks.  50/50 on whether or not can be one of the league's better walkers

Not sure what else the Giants have to offer.

The Blue Jays might be the better fit since they seem to have quite a few blue chip hitters.  Their top 3 prospects are Vlad Guerrero Jr 3B; Bo Bichette SS/2B; Anthony Alford CF

I'm sure most know about Vlad Guerrero.  My guess is that the Blue Jays would be extremely hesitant to include.  He will only be 19 in 2018.  Could be up in the 2nd half of 2019.  2020 is more likely

Anthony Alford looks like a Lorenzo Cain junior.  Potential gold glover, leadoff man in CF.  Alford is 23 and has already made his MLB debut

Bo Bichette would be the KARK's target.  Looks like a pure hitter, top of the order type.  He is a year older than Vlad Guerrero, but probably has the same ETA time table.  Might need to move to the OF to play everyday.

the KARK would do Alford and Bichette with a Rowdy Tellez (1B) thrown in for Avisail Garcia.

If one looks at the White Sox org as a whole, you will see a lack of lefty power and a top of the order types.  If Garcia and Abreau are destined to be traded, I would hope Hahn would use such a trade to address these weaknesses

Would see any or all of those possibilities as good options for trading Abreu and/or Garcia, who will be FA's by 2020.   Garcia still may be viewed with skepticism by many GM's since he's only had one good year plus his hitting only 18 HR's doesn't make him a good power source.  IMO, Avi would need a strong 1st half (14-15 HR's, .280+ BA) before other clubs might be willing to give up a top blue chip prospect in trade for him.    
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:06 pm

IMO, Avi would need a strong 1st half (14-15 HR's, .280+ BA) before other clubs might be willing to give up a top blue chip prospect in trade for him.

A REASONABLE OPINION.

But Hahn should treat it as unreasonable and act like 2017 is the real Avisail.  Well almost.  I would give a small discount if another team got close.

anyway, Hahn has been hitting just about everything out of the park on this tear down/rebuild.  I doubt he'll get cheated on Garcia and Abreau

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 pm