Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Manny Machado

Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Manny Machado

Post by Deplorable Mark on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 am

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicago-white-sox

Not sure if this is bullshit or not

Not sure what the O's would want in return for a well established 25 year old 5 tool 3B that provides gold glove defense at 3B and just might play SS better than Tim Anderson.

I suspect it would have to be either the Sale package or the Quintana package, which is probably robbing Peter to pay Paul.  I might do the Adam Eaton package....

Rodon, Cease and Fulmer contingent upon a contract extension might work....

At least from a White Sox perspective
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: Manny Machado

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am

Win Now-Reload!!

FOR MURPH!!

Murph's Life Matters!!
    Mr Modelo
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by Mr Modelo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Rumor has it that Machado will be looking to break the bank next winter as a free agent.  Somehow, I doubt he'd be willing to do the Freddie Garcia contract under the table trick while the trade is being announced.  So unless the White Sox are willing to pay an amount roughly the size of the economy of the Island of Tonga, and your kidding yourself if you think that, than forget Manny Machado.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am

Mr Modelo
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by Mr Modelo on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

Current reports not only state that Machado plans to enter the free agent market after the 2018 season, Machado also wants to be moved to the shortstop position.  I do not see the logic in trading for Machado.  The reported offer is Giolito and Kopech.  Why give up all that talent in a year the White Sox will most likely not compete when you can simply buy him a year from now?  It is highly unlikely that Machado would give the White Sox any kind of hometown discount if they traded for him.  Then what happens to Tim Anderson?

Manny Machado makes for nice fantasy league fodder, but he is not a fit for the Chicago White Sox.  The cost to acquire him, the cost to accommodate him, and the cost to keep him outweigh the benefits of having him in the lineup.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:45 am

Mr Modelo wrote:Current reports not only state that Machado plans to enter the free agent market after the 2018 season, Machado also wants to be moved to the shortstop position.  I do not see the logic in trading for Machado.  The reported offer is Giolito and Kopech.  Why give up all that talent in a year the White Sox will most likely not compete when you can simply buy him a year from now?  It is highly unlikely that Machado would give the White Sox any kind of hometown discount if they traded for him.  Then what happens to Tim Anderson?

Manny Machado makes for nice fantasy league fodder, but he is not a fit for the Chicago White Sox.  The cost to acquire him, the cost to accommodate him, and the cost to keep him outweigh the benefits of having him in the lineup.

Giolito and Kopech?  Hell no.  Not for a potential free agent.  That'd be the dumbest trade in history.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Mr Modelo wrote:Current reports not only state that Machado plans to enter the free agent market after the 2018 season, Machado also wants to be moved to the shortstop position.  I do not see the logic in trading for Machado.  The reported offer is Giolito and Kopech.  Why give up all that talent in a year the White Sox will most likely not compete when you can simply buy him a year from now?  It is highly unlikely that Machado would give the White Sox any kind of hometown discount if they traded for him.  Then what happens to Tim Anderson?

Giolito and Kopech?  Hell no.  Not for a potential free agent.  That'd be the dumbest trade in history.

Agreed. Unless they can first extend his contract. But I don't see that happening as he will be due huge money. Money that the Chairman would be unwilling to pay.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

alohafri wrote:

Agreed. Unless they can first extend his contract. But I don't see that happening as he will be due huge money. Money that the Chairman would be unwilling to pay.

The latest explanation is the Sox get Machado and then flip him to the Yankees for prospects if they can't come to terms on a long-term deal with Manny (who will reportedly be looking for $ 200 + million).  Fair # of ifs in acquiring someone who you might then soon trade, all the while knowing you have to lose key prospects (Gioloto plus someone else good) to do those maneuvers.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:03 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The latest explanation is the Sox get Machado and then flip him to the Yankees for prospects if they can't come to terms on a long-term deal with Manny (who will reportedly be looking for $ 200 + million).  Fair # of ifs in acquiring someone who you might then soon trade, all the while knowing you have to lose key prospects (Gioloto plus someone else good) to do those maneuvers.

I hear that the Orioles won't trade Machado to any team they think will flip him to the Yankees. Not sure how they can control that though.
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:45 am

Latest on Machado going to the White Sox is turning out to be a Bob Nightengale wet dream.  Must be a nice way to make a living.

I must be a freakin' idiot.

Two decades of entertaining you people and I still haven't figured out how to get paid for it.

Ok, I'd probably have to have Kevin tutor me in grammar and phonix, but my ability to prose poetically for 1000 words regarding Brent Lillibridge and Lastings Milliedge is a gift from God that I should be exploiting

You people should really consider yourselves lucky you have the KARK all to your own.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Win Now-Reload for Murph NOW!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 pm