Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Matt Davidson to the Indians for Greg Allen

Matt Davidson to the Indians for Greg Allen

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 am

Indians get a power hitting 1B/DH that they need in Davidson

White Sox get a CF that can leadoff and play defense and appears blocked in the Indians org.

BTW, Allen is ready now, so this eliminates the need for Lorenzo Cain

If necessary, the White Sox can make it a trade for Abreau and take more prospects from the Tribe.

so throw in Bobby Bradley, a lefty 1B with power and maybe some pitching

I doubt the Tribe give up Franciso Mejia
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Matt Davidson to the Indians for Greg Allen

Post by rmapasad on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:Indians get a power hitting 1B/DH that they need in Davidson
    White Sox get a CF that can leadoff and play defense and appears blocked in the Indians org.
    BTW, Allen is ready now, so this eliminates the need for Lorenzo Cain
    If necessary, the White Sox can make it a trade for Abreau and take more prospects from the Tribe.

so throw in Bobby Bradley, a lefty 1B with power and maybe some pitching

I doubt the Tribe give up Franciso Mejia

Obviously this is a speculative rather than real deal.  As a .264, 2 HR hitter in AA last year at age 24 Allen quite honestly doesn't look much better than the options the Sox have for CF right now (Leury Garcia, Tilson, Engel).  Then again, a guy like him is about all Davidson could command.   Yes, the Indians are looking for a power hitting 1bman but they have made an offer to Santana already and are definitely looking for someone a lot better than Davidson.

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Allen is #7 in the Indians org.

Obviously his tools are better than his stats

Allen is clearly better than Garcia defensively and probably just as good as Engel.  He also knows how to draw a walk.  A rarity in the White Sox org.

At age 24, Allen might not make the blue chip category, but to think he is not much better than what the White Sox currently have?  I quite honestly see how you can make such a statement.  Yes, he is still unproven and just may well be a flop.  But he has to have the higher ceiling given that he is younger than what the White Sox currently have.

The current ceiling on Leury according to your prior posts is a 690OPS which might sneak in a year at the league average.  Engel can improve is OPS by 200 points and still be below average.  Tilson is practically an unknown.

Now would the Tribe make such a deal?  who knows.  But I definitely think Davidson for Allen would make the White Sox a better team
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:Allen is #7 in the Indians org.

Obviously his tools are better than his stats

Allen is clearly better than Garcia defensively and probably just as good as Engel.  He also knows how to draw a walk.  A rarity in the White Sox org.

At age 24, Allen might not make the blue chip category, but to think he is not much better than what the White Sox currently have?  I quite honestly see how you can make such a statement.  Yes, he is still unproven and just may well be a flop.  But he has to have the higher ceiling given that he is younger than what the White Sox currently have.

The current ceiling on Leury according to your prior posts is a 690OPS which might sneak in a year at the league average.  Engel can improve is OPS by 200 points and still be below average.  Tilson is practically an unknown.

Now would the Tribe make such a deal?  who knows.  But I definitely think Davidson for Allen would make the White Sox a better team

Allen was injured part of last year which is possibly why he took a backward step hitting wise from 2016.  Agree he has some good qualities (speed, defense, batting eye) which might make him a good candidate to step it up a notch or two in 2018. 
    Don't know if Cleveland would put much premium on Davidson who is basically a DH.  They have a RHed power guy in that role already in Encarnacion. 

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Just hoping they move Davidson

My not so humble opinion would consider it addition by subtraction.

Same applies Willy Garcia 
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Win Now-Reload!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 pm