Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Braves lose top prospect

Braves lose top prospect

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am

Not sure if you people are following what just happened to the Braves, but MLB forces them to cut about a dozen prospects due to some draft violation.  It is my understanding they are all free agents

One of these kids, Kevin Maitan looks like a Moncada junior.  He is a 17 year old short stop.  If the White Sox can sign him, it would be like having Ripken and Sandburg up the middle for a decade.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Braves lose top prospect

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 am

Holy shit.  Interesting.  Imagine being a 17 yr old free agent that's highly sought after.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Holy shit.  Interesting.  Imagine being a 17 yr old free agent that's highly sought after.

THIS JUST SCREAMS FOR A ROY MOORE JOKE

Razz

NOW HERE'S A TANGENT PROBABLY NOBODY WILL FIND FUNNY

THE KARK GOES TO BEST BUY TO HIS REWARDS CARD BILL, AND THE CASHIER, A PRETTY YOUNG RED HEAD, FREAKS BECAUSE I AM PAYING $700 IN CASH.  THE KARK HAD TO BITE DOWN HARD ON HIS TONGUE WHEN THE YOUNG LADY CLAIMED SHE NEVER HELD THAT MUCH CASH IN HER HAND B4.

LET'S JUST SAY THE CASH TRANSACTION THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD IS LEFT BETTER OFF AS AN UNSPOKEN FANTASY

jocolor
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:18 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Holy shit.  Interesting.  Imagine being a 17 yr old free agent that's highly sought after.

Razz

THE KARK GOES TO BEST BUY TO HIS REWARDS CARD BILL, AND THE CASHIER, A PRETTY YOUNG RED HEAD, FREAKS BECAUSE I AM PAYING $700 IN CASH.  THE KARK HAD TO BITE DOWN HARD ON HIS TONGUE WHEN THE YOUNG LADY CLAIMED SHE NEVER HELD THAT MUCH CASH IN HER HAND B4.

LET'S JUST SAY THE CASH TRANSACTION THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD IS LEFT BETTER OFF AS AN UNSPOKEN FANTASY

jocolor

Kind of surprised you didn't throw caution to the wind, seeing as how you're sort of the conservative's version of Larry David.

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

Razz

jocolor

Kind of surprised you didn't throw caution to the wind, seeing as how you're sort of the conservative's version of Larry David.

I didn't have the safety of my keyboard to protect me.

Speaking of fantasy, here's a heavy dose of salt peter for the Maitan hard on

According to MLB.com, Maitan goes back into the international bonus pool and the White Sox blew their wad on Luis Robert.  Plus I believe they gave away what was ever left to the Mariners for that hard throwing kid that just might be closing by year's end.  More from MLB.c om:

By going back into the international amateur free agent pool, teams will have to use their bonus pools for such players to sign Maitan or any of the others. Since the signing period began back in July, millions of dollars have already been spent, so teams will be somewhat limited. The top five teams in terms of remaining pools, as of Tuesday, are:
    Texas Rangers, $3.535 million
    New York Yankees, $3.5 million
    Minnesota Twins, $3.245 million
    Pittsburgh Pirates, $2,2266,750
    San Francisco Giants, $1,835,000
    The Giants, like 11 other teams, are limited after going over their pool last year and can only offer any individual player $300,000, which would likely keep them out of any potential Maitan sweepstakes. The Mariners ($1,557,500) and the Marlins ($1.49 million) are the only other organizations with seven-figure bonus pools remaining that aren't capped at $300K per player.

So I guess its down to Seattle and Tampa

Oh Well, Tim Anderson should be OPS'ing 850 by 2020

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:58 am