Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Forbes doesn't like the new tax bill

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Forbes doesn't like the new tax bill

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Holy shit.  Check out what Forbes thinks of the new tax bill.

"If it's enacted, the GOP tax cut now working its way through Congress will be the start of a decades-long economic policy disaster unlike any other that has occurred in American history."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/11/19/gop-tax-bill-is-the-end-of-all-economic-sanity-in-washington/#e5aabf977ef7
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: Forbes doesn't like the new tax bill

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 am

AND OBAMACARE IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

LMAO!!!!!!!!

JUST LOVE HOW THE SCHMUCK TAKES AT FACE VALUE ANYTHING THAT SUPPORT LEFTWING IDIOCY

AND HE CLAIMS THE KARK IS INTO CONSPIRACY

PS, FUNNY HOW ROBZ THOUGHT FORBES WAS FULL OF BEANS WHEN IT DISCUSSES THE DOCTOR SHORTAGE THAT WILL GET EVEN SHORTER IF AMERICA IS EVER DUMB ENOUGH TO VOTE IN THE SINGLE PAYER LIE
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 am

HEARD THIS ONE THE RADIO

WHILE MOST AMERICANS WILL GET TO ENJOY SOME KIND OF TAX DEDUCTION, ONE GROUP WON'T

THAT GROUP WOULD BE A COUPLE WHERE BOTH SPOUSES EARN $100K PLUS, HAVE A HOUSE WORTH OVER $500K WHICH IMPLIES HIGH INTEREST AND REAL ESTATE TAXES, AND THAT HIGH IS IN A HIGH TAX STATE LIKE NY, CA OR IL

BUT THEN, MANY OF THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE VOTED FOR OBAMA AND HILLARY AND DESERVE TO GET THEIR TAXES RAISED.  IN FACT, I KNOW ONE LYING ASSHOLE THAT MOST LIKELY FITS THIS PROFILE WHO CLAIMED HE'D LOVE TO PAY MORE TAXES IF IT IMPROVES THE COUNTRY

LETS SEE IF THAT PERSON PUTS HIS MONEY WHERE HIS KEYBOARD IS
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:PS, FUNNY HOW ROBZ THOUGHT FORBES WAS FULL OF BEANS WHEN IT DISCUSSES THE DOCTOR SHORTAGE THAT WILL GET EVEN SHORTER IF AMERICA IS EVER DUMB ENOUGH TO VOTE IN THE SINGLE PAYER LIE

I'm ok with a doctor shortage and longer waits if it means everyone gets equal access to medical care that didn't previously have it.  I call it "sharing." The counterargument to single payer appears to be that leaving it as is will give us quicker and easier access.  We all want quicker and easier access...even quicker and easier than we have.  But I don't want it at the expense of the less fortunate.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:HEARD THIS ONE THE RADIO

WHILE MOST AMERICANS WILL GET TO ENJOY SOME KIND OF TAX DEDUCTION, ONE GROUP WON'T

THAT GROUP WOULD BE A COUPLE WHERE BOTH SPOUSES EARN $100K PLUS, HAVE A HOUSE WORTH OVER $500K WHICH IMPLIES HIGH INTEREST AND REAL ESTATE TAXES, AND THAT HIGH IS IN A HIGH TAX STATE LIKE NY, CA OR IL

BUT THEN, MANY OF THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE VOTED FOR OBAMA AND HILLARY AND DESERVE TO GET THEIR TAXES RAISED.  IN FACT, I KNOW ONE LYING ASSHOLE THAT MOST LIKELY FITS THIS PROFILE WHO CLAIMED HE'D LOVE TO PAY MORE TAXES IF IT IMPROVES THE COUNTRY

LETS SEE IF THAT PERSON PUTS HIS MONEY WHERE HIS KEYBOARD IS

Without question, I would pay more taxes if it made better policy in this country, where everyone has healthcare access on a level playing field, or where tuition is free or much less expensive, or where the new policy grew the middle class and created higher wages.  there is no evidence that the current tax bill will do that.  In fact, the evidence they have implies that just the opposite will happen.  

Unfortunately for me, I don't have a house worth over 500k.  Not even close, but it's worth at least that to me.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Deplorable Mark wrote:AND OBAMACARE IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

By the way, do you ever NOT divert the topic?  WTF does ACA have to do with this conversation?  Is ACA not by now the deadest of dead horses ever to be discussed here or anywhere?  This Forbes piece was thin and wholly about the tax bill, which primarily makes it better, IMO, to be a rich guy than ever before, and does little or nothing for the middle or working class.  If you think it somehow helps the middle class, then feel free to expound upon it.  I'm open to listening...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm