Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Share
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 pm

    In my earlier years studied the Bible enough to know that defining Christ as a "zero tolerance" person is offbase.  He said things like the "meek shall inherit the earth" and "love thy neighbor".
    His beliefs were about transforming people into caring individuals who want to help others.  He forgave Judas as well as the soldiers who put him to death.


    *******************************************


    True or False


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:08 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:


    THAT IS WHY THE RINO'S SABOTAGED HIS ELECTION.


    MOORE DEFENDS THE SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE AND IS PROUD OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.  THOSE WHO AREN'T ARE THE REAL CRACKPOTS.


    The Rinos didn't "sabotage" his election.   Moore sabotaged himself by his behavior and his 19th Century views on the world.  He even made a comment about how times were great in America when slavery existed.  
    As to his wrapping himself in the Bible, Jesus Christ was no intolerant bigot or pedophile like Roy Moore. Moore violates nearly every real principle Christ taught yet somehow believes that because he goes to church and quotes Scripture that entitles him to do or say whatever he damn well pleases.

    He lost because he's a fucking idiot and a piece of crap.

    You'd have a point if your last sentence didn't also describe a significant number politicians at the local, state and federal level.


    PS, zero proof he was a pedophile


    PSS, Jesus was tolerant?!?!?!  The Bible I was taught showed that Jesus had zero tolerance of those who did not accept him as Lord and Savior.  He had zero tolerance for sin.  But forgave any sinner who truly repented.  I hope you can understand that difference.

    How much evidence do they need to suspend a teacher or a priest or a minister when accused of pedophilia?

    Excuse me, but huge difference between pedophilia and statutory rape.  In the case of Roy Moore, ZERO proof of the former, ZERO accusations of the latter.  From everything I have heard, he "made out" with fully grown women who were not old enough to vote then took NO for an answer when the young lady insisted she did not wish to go beyond "2nd base".  This behavior occurred prior to his marriage in a time and place where it would not have been considered all that unusual.  Zero evidence he ever touched another woman after his marriage.  A marriage that took place not too long after these alledged, overblown incidents where to suppose to have happened



    Jesus was not of this world. "Render unto Caesar's things that are Caesar's and to God what belongs to God." (Matthew 22:21)

    And this has to do with what?!?!?!?


    BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?  How about Joseph when he married Mary?

    The girls were underage. Period. He was banned from the shopping mall due to creeping young girls. He had a girl called out of her class to set up a date.

    Did this really happened?!?!?  Or was it some Moore basher finding the MSNBC camera that was more too happy to accept anything anti Moore at face value

    So, I'll take your response as an indication that if some 30 year old man calls your 14 year old daughter out of class  to take her out on a date as being that you are okay with it. And, by the way, if it goes to sex, a parent can't consent for their child.

    Gee, I would think someone who is suppose to be a history expert would understand the concept that the standards of today do not necessarily work in other times and other places.  So if 6 years from now, I find myself in a world that is more rural in nature and where children were seen as necessary to preserving the family legacy and large families are seen as a building of family wealth, then yes, a 30 year old would be allowed to court my daughter.  Especially if he has a cement pond

    BTW, Moore was never accused of having sex with these young ladies, so maybe that should be added to the list of items that don't bear commenting on.


    And the Mary and Joseph thing has been pushed aside by so many true religious scholars that it doesn't even bear commenting on.

     sounds more like you are avoiding the issue.  typical for this board when I prove my case.

    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/10/roy-moore-jim-ziegler-mary-joseph-jesus-bible-defense/
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:In my earlier years studied the Bible enough to know that defining Christ as a "zero tolerance" person is offbase.  He said things like the "meek shall inherit the earth" and "love thy neighbor".
    His beliefs were about transforming people into caring individuals who want to help others.  He forgave Judas as well as the soldiers who put him to death.


    *******************************************


    True or False


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    And you are the Pharisee calling her a whore and wondering why Jesus is allowing a sinner to touch him.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2734
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:14 pm



    Excuse me, but huge difference between pedophilia and statutory rape.  In the case of Roy Moore, ZERO proof of the former, ZERO accusations of the latter.  From everything I have heard, he "made out" with fully grown women who were not old enough to vote then took NO for an answer when the young lady insisted she did not wish to go beyond "2nd base".  This behavior occurred prior to his marriage in a time and place where it would not have been considered all that unusual.  Zero evidence he ever touched another woman after his marriage.  A marriage that took place not too long after these alledged, overblown incidents where to suppose to have happened



    The very fact that he was trying to get to "second base" on a 16 year old says sexual advances were part of Roy's MO.  So it isn't a very big jump to believe he might go for 3rd base (vaginal touching) on another vulnerable and even more underaged girl.   
    Roy had a real problem barely restraining his impulses to fondle 14-17 year old girls.  Teachers who have that same problem with their students get fired when discovered.  Yet Roy deserves to be a US Senator ?  Sure, he got away with it for all these years because he was in a powerful position and the women were afraid to come forward.   We know now that dozens of powerful men in politics, business, sports, entertainment, etc. have gotten away with it too for decades for the same reason.
    He's been the poster boy for Alabama's many Evangelical Christians which is why he won the Republican primary.  He also got the backing of Bannon who saw Roy as the perfect foil to tweak the noses of the Republican establishment.  Except this time Bannon didn't do enough homework and he failed discover what a douche bag Roy is until it was too late.  
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2734
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm

    True or False wrote:


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    Presumably although there is no historical proof of that.  The point of the story, however, isn't about Jesus' "win" in getting her to follow his command.  It's about the fact that he was willing to accept and help someone shunned by "better" society.  Also that by showing love and kindness toward her that he enlightened her to the hope for a better life by following similar principles.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

    rmapasad wrote:
    True or False wrote:


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    Presumably although there is no historical proof of that.  The point of the story, however, isn't about Jesus' "win" in getting her to follow his command.  It's about the fact that he was willing to accept and help someone shunned by "better" society.  Also that by showing love and kindness toward her that he enlightened her to the hope for a better life by following similar principles.


    Is that really the point of the story?!?!?!?


    I would think sinners, by definition, would be the type of people shunned by society.  So if the goal is to get people to abandon sin and embrace the Lord, then its only logical that Jesus would do quite a bit of unshunning.


    My point is that Jesus did not just merely "accept" these people and "tolerated" their sins.  Like one person here tries to infer, or is it imply.  The way I learned the Bible, Jesus changed these people.  The way I learned the English language, change is not synonymous with accept and tolerate.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

    rmapasad wrote:


    Excuse me, but huge difference between pedophilia and statutory rape.  In the case of Roy Moore, ZERO proof of the former, ZERO accusations of the latter.  From everything I have heard, he "made out" with fully grown women who were not old enough to vote then took NO for an answer when the young lady insisted she did not wish to go beyond "2nd base".  This behavior occurred prior to his marriage in a time and place where it would not have been considered all that unusual.  Zero evidence he ever touched another woman after his marriage.  A marriage that took place not too long after these alledged, overblown incidents where to suppose to have happened



    The very fact that he was trying to get to "second base" on a 16 year old says sexual advances were part of Roy's MO.  So it isn't a very big jump to believe he might go for 3rd base (vaginal touching) on another vulnerable and even more underaged girl.   

    WRONG.  YOU ARE MAKING A VERY LARGE JUMP

    Roy had a real problem barely restraining his impulses to fondle 14-17 year old girls.

    SOUNDS more like a gross exaggeration, if not outright distortion on your part.

    Teachers who have that same problem with their students get fired when discovered.  Yet Roy deserves to be a US Senator ?  Sure, he got away with it for all these years because he was in a powerful position and the women were afraid to come forward.   We know now that dozens of powerful men in politics, business, sports, entertainment, etc. have gotten away with it too for decades for the same reason.

    Baseless speculation on your part.  I believe Moore got married at 32 to a bride that was 18.  40 years ago in the deep south, not that uncommon.  So spare me this nonsense about Moore being some kind of child molestor.  The body may have only been 14, but it certainly looked much older.  so spare me your incredibly biased hypotheticals that prove nothing.

    He's been the poster boy for Alabama's many Evangelical Christians which is why he won the Republican primary.  He also got the backing of Bannon who saw Roy as the perfect foil to tweak the noses of the Republican establishment.  Except this time Bannon didn't do enough homework and he failed discover what a douche bag Roy is until it was too late.  

    More like the left did a great job repeating the big lie and the RINO establishment continues to be afraid of its own shadow
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:28 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:In my earlier years studied the Bible enough to know that defining Christ as a "zero tolerance" person is offbase.  He said things like the "meek shall inherit the earth" and "love thy neighbor".
    His beliefs were about transforming people into caring individuals who want to help others.  He forgave Judas as well as the soldiers who put him to death.


    *******************************************


    True or False


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    And you are the Pharisee calling her a whore and wondering why Jesus is allowing a sinner to touch him.


    Once again my point goes completely over your head

    No
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7802
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:02 pm

    rmapasad wrote:
    True or False wrote:


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    Presumably although there is no historical proof of that.  The point of the story, however, isn't about Jesus' "win" in getting her to follow his command.  It's about the fact that he was willing to accept and help someone shunned by "better" society.  Also that by showing love and kindness toward her that he enlightened her to the hope for a better life by following similar principles.

    Interesting comments.  Have read a few religious scholars' arguments that claims of Jesus "healing" the sick is actually a reference to him normalizing those shunned by "better" society, and that the use of the word "heal" in those times is meant to imply normalizing by way of the social structure.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:36 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    True or False wrote:


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    Presumably although there is no historical proof of that.  The point of the story, however, isn't about Jesus' "win" in getting her to follow his command.  It's about the fact that he was willing to accept and help someone shunned by "better" society.  Also that by showing love and kindness toward her that he enlightened her to the hope for a better life by following similar principles.

    Interesting comments.  Have read a few religious scholars' arguments that claims of Jesus "healing" the sick is actually a reference to him normalizing those shunned by "better" society, and that the use of the word "heal" in those times is meant to imply normalizing by way of the social structure.

    SO LAZARUS WAS ONLY SLEEPING?!?!?!?!


    I GUESS THIS MEANS JESUS INVENTED WATER SKI-ING


    *******************


    This is why I accuse you people of a blatant double standard.  RobZ is basically claiming Jesus did not perform miracles based some unprovable hypothesis by some socalled scholar and everybody is like "Wow, what an interesting point".  But the KARK suggests that a 14 year old can pass for 22, something we all know to be true, but that's just a pathetic excuse for pedophillia.


    Bottom line, Roy Moore liked them young in a time and place when liking them that young was still somewhat common.  You people need to realize that the standards of today are not the standards of yesterday.  In fact, quite a few things that are unacceptable now were perfectly fine in the 70's.  Like Disco
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7802
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    SO LAZARUS WAS ONLY SLEEPING?!?!?!?!
    I GUESS THIS MEANS JESUS INVENTED WATER SKI-ING

    *******************
    This is why I accuse you people of a blatant double standard.  RobZ is basically claiming Jesus did not perform miracles based some unprovable hypothesis by some socalled scholar and everybody is like "Wow, what an interesting point".  But the KARK suggests that a 14 year old can pass for 22, something we all know to be true, but that's just a pathetic excuse for pedophillia.


    Bottom line, Roy Moore liked them young in a time and place when liking them that young was still somewhat common.  You people need to realize that the standards of today are not the standards of yesterday.  In fact, quite a few things that are unacceptable now were perfectly fine in the 70's.  Like Disco

    Maybe you want to take a reading comprehension course and then understand that I'm not claiming anything about Jesus.  I'm the last person that ought to be asserting jack shit about Jesus.  And if you go back and reread my last comments, they are that I've read comments from folks that know more about the Bible than I do, and that I've basically found their comments interesting.  Nothing more.  Didn't read them and decide they are right and that you are wrong.  Just found them interesting.  Still find them interesting.  I don't particularly believe in miracles that defy Newton's Laws, so I shrug when I hear the Jesus miracle stories, but feel free to believe them if they get you closer to God.  No skin off of anyone's back here if you believe in miracles.  

    When it comes to your pal Roy Moore, he's just a creepy fucker.  Whether he fondled teen girls, or just asked them on dates, or neither, he's just a creepy fucker with weird religious beliefs and crackpot political beliefs that are miles out of the mainstream.  He's about as unAmerican as one could be and I'm absolutely thrilled this nut will not be a US senator.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:26 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:In my earlier years studied the Bible enough to know that defining Christ as a "zero tolerance" person is offbase.  He said things like the "meek shall inherit the earth" and "love thy neighbor".
    His beliefs were about transforming people into caring individuals who want to help others.  He forgave Judas as well as the soldiers who put him to death.


    *******************************************


    True or False


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    And you are the Pharisee calling her a whore and wondering why Jesus is allowing a sinner to touch him.


    Once again my point goes completely over your head

    No

    No, it is my point that went over your head Mr. Moore.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    True or False wrote:


    After the prostitute washed the feet of Jesus, she stopped hooking

    Presumably although there is no historical proof of that.  The point of the story, however, isn't about Jesus' "win" in getting her to follow his command.  It's about the fact that he was willing to accept and help someone shunned by "better" society.  Also that by showing love and kindness toward her that he enlightened her to the hope for a better life by following similar principles.


    Is that really the point of the story?!?!?!?


    I would think sinners, by definition, would be the type of people shunned by society.  So if the goal is to get people to abandon sin and embrace the Lord, then its only logical that Jesus would do quite a bit of unshunning.


    My point is that Jesus did not just merely "accept" these people and "tolerated" their sins.  Like one person here tries to infer, or is it imply.  The way I learned the Bible, Jesus changed these people.  The way I learned the English language, change is not synonymous with accept and tolerate.

    Jesus also did not go out and blast these people as sinners to anyone who would listen and encourage his believers to persecute them as non-believers, Mr. Moore.
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

    Jesus also did not go out and blast these people as sinners to anyone who would listen and encourage his believers to persecute them as non-believers, Mr. Moore.


    ***************


    I agree.  Jesus was not about persecution.


    But then, why would he be when he could cure people with the wave of his hand.


    Again, my point is that Jesus did not tolerate sinful lifestyles the way someone here suggests.  However, that does not mean that I believe that Jesus immediately went into "Fire & Brimstone" mode.


    PS, the point went over your head first


    Razz
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2734
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    The very fact that he was trying to get to "second base" on a 16 year old says sexual advances were part of Roy's MO.  So it isn't a very big jump to believe he might go for 3rd base (vaginal touching) on another vulnerable and even more underaged girl.   

    WRONG.  YOU ARE MAKING A VERY LARGE JUMP

    Baseless speculation on your part.  I believe Moore got married at 32 to a bride that was 18.  40 years ago in the deep south, not that uncommon.  So spare me this nonsense about Moore being some kind of child molestor.  The body may have only been 14, but it certainly looked much older.  so spare me your incredibly biased hypotheticals that prove nothing.

    More like the left did a great job repeating the big lie and the RINO establishment continues to be afraid of its own shadow

    Neither of us know what her body looked like.  But what difference does that make ?  He knew they were in HS, and he was 8-10 years out of college. Girls in HS, still living with their parents,  were considered less worldly, more vulnerable and especially in the South with its strong conservative religious bent, for their ages, sexual touching or petting was considered immoral. 

    He's the worst embodiment of a Christian - a total hypocrite.  For all his professed Christianity, as a 30+ year old man, he's dating and touching young girls who at that age have been taught it's morally wrong to be petting. The fact that a 16 year old had to tell him to "stop" says it all.
    Roy didn't care what moral dilemnas he was causing others, he was just in for himself and his own jollies.   

    Fuck Roy Moore.  
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2734
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:I agree.  Jesus was not about persecution.
    But then, why would he be when he could cure people with the wave of his hand.
    Again, my point is that Jesus did not tolerate sinful lifestyles the way someone here suggests.  However, that does not mean that I believe that Jesus immediately went into "Fire & Brimstone" mode.

    Whether he cured people with the wave of his hand is open to debate.   He did help people who were open to altering their behavior.  Which the prostitute was since she came to him.  If he could just wave his hand he probably could have converted the hard-headed ones too, but he didn't.

    Of course he didn't condone sinning but his harshest condemnations came against those who preyed on others and did so under the guise of religion, like the priests in the temple.  Christ offered a way of altering and uplifting people to a much higher calling in life. And it was for everyone - the poor, the sick, those who had degraded themselves with acts like prostitution, etc.  
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:37 pm

    rmapasad wrote:



    Of course he didn't condone sinning but his harshest condemnations came against those who preyed on others and did so under the guise of religion, like the priests in the temple.  Christ offered a way of altering and uplifting people to a much higher calling in life. And it was for everyone - the poor, the sick, those who had degraded themselves with acts like prostitution, etc.  

    The Pharisees...Roy Moore, Kark...
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

    Neither of us know what her body looked like.  But what difference does that make ?


    **********************************


    Quite a bit
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm

    Whether he cured people with the wave of his hand is open to debate.   He did help people who were open to altering their behavior.  Which the prostitute was since she came to him.  If he could just wave his hand he probably could have converted the hard-headed ones too, but he didn't.


    ******************************


    I'll let Kevin answer this one
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:47 pm

    Of course he didn't condone sinning but his harshest condemnations came against those who preyed on others and did so under the guise of religion, like the priests in the temple.  Christ offered a way of altering and uplifting people to a much higher calling in life. And it was for everyone - the poor, the sick, those who had degraded themselves with acts like prostitution, etc.  


    **********************
    WTF are you talking about?!?!!?


    Jesus let it be known he was the Messiah.


    You make it sound like he was the BC version of Zig Ziggler.


    I don't recall any 12 step programs during my Catholic education.  I do recall quite a bit of miracles.


    Ooops, forgot, you and RobZ and the lovely doctor claim Jesus didn't perform actual miracles.


    Maybe Kevin can add some clarification to this position
    avatar
    Deplorable Mark
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2628
    Join date : 2016-09-16

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Deplorable Mark wrote:

    SO LAZARUS WAS ONLY SLEEPING?!?!?!?!
    I GUESS THIS MEANS JESUS INVENTED WATER SKI-ING

    *******************
    This is why I accuse you people of a blatant double standard.  RobZ is basically claiming Jesus did not perform miracles based some unprovable hypothesis by some socalled scholar and everybody is like "Wow, what an interesting point".  But the KARK suggests that a 14 year old can pass for 22, something we all know to be true, but that's just a pathetic excuse for pedophillia.


    Bottom line, Roy Moore liked them young in a time and place when liking them that young was still somewhat common.  You people need to realize that the standards of today are not the standards of yesterday.  In fact, quite a few things that are unacceptable now were perfectly fine in the 70's.  Like Disco

    Maybe you want to take a reading comprehension course and then understand that I'm not claiming anything about Jesus.  I'm the last person that ought to be asserting jack shit about Jesus.  And if you go back and reread my last comments, they are that I've read comments from folks that know more about the Bible than I do, and that I've basically found their comments interesting.  Nothing more.  Didn't read them and decide they are right and that you are wrong.  Just found them interesting.  Still find them interesting.  I don't particularly believe in miracles that defy Newton's Laws, so I shrug when I hear the Jesus miracle stories, but feel free to believe them if they get you closer to God.  No skin off of anyone's back here if you believe in miracles.  

    When it comes to your pal Roy Moore, he's just a creepy fucker.  Whether he fondled teen girls, or just asked them on dates, or neither, he's just a creepy fucker with weird religious beliefs and crackpot political beliefs that are miles out of the mainstream.  He's about as unAmerican as one could be and I'm absolutely thrilled this nut will not be a US senator.


    YOU ARE SUCH A DAMN RETARD


    YOU COMMENT ON MY READING COMPREHENSION, THEN CONFIRM EVERYTHING I POSTED.  (ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THIS BOARD WILL OUT RIGHT LIE ABOUT WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED IN RED.)


    MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET CHECK FOR ALZHEMIERS.


    BET YET, DON'T GET CHECKED.  SOMEONE LIKE YOU DESERVES TO DIE WHILE PLAYING WITH HIS OWN POOP
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:05 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Whether he cured people with the wave of his hand is open to debate.   He did help people who were open to altering their behavior.  Which the prostitute was since she came to him.  If he could just wave his hand he probably could have converted the hard-headed ones too, but he didn't.


    ******************************


    I'll let Kevin answer this one

    There is no question to answer. Did Jesus have to power to "cure" or "convert" everyone? Sure. But he wanted those who would come to him seeking forgiveness.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7457
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 51
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:06 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:Of course he didn't condone sinning but his harshest condemnations came against those who preyed on others and did so under the guise of religion, like the priests in the temple.  Christ offered a way of altering and uplifting people to a much higher calling in life. And it was for everyone - the poor, the sick, those who had degraded themselves with acts like prostitution, etc.  


    **********************
    WTF are you talking about?!?!!?


    Jesus let it be known he was the Messiah.


    You make it sound like he was the BC version of Zig Ziggler.


    I don't recall any 12 step programs during my Catholic education.  I do recall quite a bit of miracles.


    Ooops, forgot, you and RobZ and the lovely doctor claim Jesus didn't perform actual miracles.


    Maybe Kevin can add some clarification to this position

    "It is you who say so" is how he addressed the question of is he the Messiah. He wasn't exactly walking around "Hey, everyone, listen to me. I'm the Messiah!"
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7802
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 52
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 pm

    Deplorable Mark wrote:I don't recall any 12 step programs during my Catholic education.  I do recall quite a bit of miracles.


    Ooops, forgot, you and RobZ and the lovely doctor claim Jesus didn't perform actual miracles.


    Maybe Kevin can add some clarification to this position

    Where do you get this shit?  You're worse than your dumb fuck hero Trump, just making up random shit with no basis in fact.  I've not claimed Jesus didn't perform miracles.  Rather, I just choose not to believe such things.  There's actually quite a difference (sort of like the difference between agnosticism and atheism, but I digress).  I don't rule it out.  I wasn't there.  You weren't there.  Was anyone else on this board there?  I tend toward not believing things that defy scientific law.  That's all.  I'm not claiming shit, and am not sure the doctor claimed any such thing either.  If there's evidence of something occurring that defies scientific law, then that's worth seeing, but my general belief is to expect that these "miracles" are just misunderstandings of what actually occurred.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Roy Moore must have thought he was in France

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm