Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Let's suspend the First Amendment

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Let's suspend the First Amendment

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 am

I've heard a lot of talk from our awesome leader lately that appear to make it sound like he's in favor of curtailing or curbing the free speech rights of our media since they are saying things about him that he doesn't like hearing.  Granted, there's no evidence, clear or muddy, that any of it is untrue, but he wants to curtail it and/or try to censor it anyway.  He even suggested trying to suspend the license (LOL!) of MSNBC.  

And yet, where is the moral outrage from the constitutional conservatives?  The president wants to defy our most fundamental right and they are silent?  

I've come to conclude that in the eyes of the 35% of the public that supports him, he is absolutely bulletproof.  He could say and/or do anything, and his supporters would either defend him, or be silent and accept it.  I honestly believe that if there was a run on gun purchases by Black Lives Matter folks, he would try enacting some kind of order that would stop them from having the right to buy guns, and his gun-nut supporters would be OK WITH THIS.  They would believe he's doing the right thing.  

I never thought I'd be witness to such witlessness in my life and in this country.  But here we are....
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Let's suspend the First Amendment

Post by alohafri on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 am

Of course! Number Two is more important than Number One. Two is a higher number.

And it wasn't MSNBC, but NBC. FAKE NEWS!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am

alohafri wrote:Of course! Number Two is more important than Number One. Two is a higher number.

And it wasn't MSNBC, but NBC. FAKE NEWS!!!

yes, but as I noted elsewhere, NBC includes MSNBC, and it's due to a report that was made on MSNBC.
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Post by Deplorable Mark on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 am

BUT TWO CAN BE AS BAD AS ONE SINCE ITS THE LONELIEST NUMBER SINCE THE NUMBER ONE
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am

Deplorable Mark wrote:BUT TWO CAN BE AS BAD AS ONE SINCE ITS THE LONELIEST NUMBER SINCE THE NUMBER ONE

cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm