Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

MAYBE THEIR IS A CASE FOR YOLMER

Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

MAYBE THEIR IS A CASE FOR YOLMER

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 am

THE KARK SEES THAT YOLMER WAS NAMED THE LEAGUE'S BEST DEFENSIVE 2B IN 2012 AND 2014

Since then, he has spent most of his time in the bigs, but hasn't played enough o be considered for a gold glove.  However, I would think the talent is there

As for his bat, if you look closely at his record, he usually enters a league at a young age, takes a season to adjust, then hits fine in year two.  This pattern as continued in the majors.  So I am inclined to think that 2017 was for real.  Plus he's young even to improve to the 750-800 range and stay there for 5 years.

The problem with sabermetrics is that it focuses too much on offense and that it tends to think in a linear fashion.  Meaning, a team of average players will yield below average results.  Too many sabermeticians fail to realize that improvement runs along a utitliy curve.  Its not simply added.

What does this have to do with Yolmer?

If Yolmer is a gold glover and he moves Moncada to 3B where Moncada's glove goes from average to above average or even gold glove, than that gives you the potential of an air tight infield if Tim Anderson can turn his tools into production.

Now the idea of an air tight infield defense for the next 5-7 years makes sense to the KARK.  That shows me a path to victory.  Especially when paired with the world class outfield of LouBOB - Micker and the Blake
    Deplorable Mark
    Roof Shot

Re: MAYBE THEIR IS A CASE FOR YOLMER

Post by Deplorable Mark on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Bleacher Report just listed the top 25 2B of 2017

#10 Yolmer Sanchez
    #9 Robinson Cano

Supposedly, Yolmer was the best defensive 2B in the AL last year with a league leading 8 DRS (defensive runs saved).  And that is with only 78 games at 2B.

If I'm another team's GM and need a 2B, I'd look to lowball the White Sox on Yolmer before they realize that he is one of the hidden gems on the team.

PS, I believe that Yolmer is arbitration eligible this winter
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

ROCK WITH YOLMER!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 am